- AWS DevOps Engineer with 8+ years of experience in the areas of AWS, DevOps and Linux Administration.
- Experience in managing applications using Amazon AWS Cloud which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Security Groups.
- Used Simple storage services (S3) for snapshot and Configured S3 lifecycle of Applications logs, including deleting old logs, archiving logs based on retention policy of Apps
- Experience in Amazon EC2 in setting up instances, worked closely with infrastructure teams to troubleshoot complex issues and setting up security groups.
- Used EC2, auto - scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Designed roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) and managed network security using Security Groups, and IAM.
- Implementing and setting up Route53 for AWS Instances.
- Designed high availability (HA) applications on AWS across Availability Zones and Availability Regions.
- Working on web applications and implementing Amazon Cloud Front on EC2.
- Setting up data in AWS using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Utilize Amazon Glacier for archiving data
- Created VPN connection, Create VPC peering between many VPC's in AWS
- Creating snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Involved in working for a high scalability and high availability environment running Linux and Windows.
- Expertise in AWS, experience in implementing new AWS instances and working with EBS and S3 storage.
- Explored and Worked on proof of concepts for various open source technologies like Docker, terraform and Amazon Web Services (AWS cloud)
- Experience in configuration management tools like Ansible
- Experience in working on CI and CD platform as DevOps Engineer.
- Worked on Linux in a Cloud Computing and Virtualized environment for AWS
- Experience in deploying and managing Openstack cloud components
- Experience in managing open stack using puppet and chef
- Writing shell scripts for Automated Back- ups and Cron Jobs.
- Managing networks and storage in openstack platform.
- Experienced in administration and deployment of applications on Apache Webserver and Application Servers such as Tomcat, J Boss, Web Sphere, IIS, etc.
- Experience with Using GTM, APM & LTM F5 component to provide 24“7 access to applications
- Configuration of Dynatrace APM and UEM tools to optimize application performance.
- Developed well-tested, readable, reusable UI interface using Ruby, jQuery, HTML and CSS.
- Experience in Configuration of MongoDB with Ruby on Rails App.
- Experience in Server configure management via Puppet or Chef and System orchestration via Ansible
- Good knowledge on Linux administration and shellscripting.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols like FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Direct connect.
- Configuring and installing VMware Virtual Center servers and VMware Vcenter Appliance.
- Experience in LINUX and using SHELL, PERL, PYTHON scripting to automate processes.
- Conducted performance testing of Apache and Tomcat management services.
- Manage network security using Security Groups, and IAM.
- Stay current with the latest features/capabilities of the AWS platform.
Confidential, Winery, CA
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Configure, monitor and Automate Amazon Web Services as well as involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon Web Services using EC2, S3 and EBS.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and No SQL tools such as DynamoDB.
- Creating S3 buckets and maintained and utilized the policy management of S3 buckets and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS Aurora DB cluster.
- Experience in creating notifications and alarms for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Good knowledge of AWS services like Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SWF, and IAM and hands on experience on Amazon Web Services (AWS) provision.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) & configuration management using Puppet.
- Used Ansible to automate cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment.
- Created Puppet manifests, classes and modules to automate system operations.
- Automated deployment modules of IIS web applications, bindings and configuration settings using a combination of PowerShell scripts and Puppet.
- Created branches and managed the source code for various applications in GIT.
- Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLLSCM option.
- Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes and configure Jenkins builds for continuous integration and delivery.
- Code Quality Analysis techniques are performed by integrating - Check style, Find bugs with CI tools.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Create and setup automated nightly build environment for java projects using MAVEN.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Configure and managing daily and hourly scheduled snapshots backup.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy and Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS.
- Involved in setting up builds using Chef as a configuration management tool and managed the configurations of more than 40 servers.
- Successfully developed and implemented backup and disaster recovery automation processes for APM solutions via NSH shell scripting to build in redundancy and maximize infrastructure uptime
- Automated webserver content deployments via shell scripts.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with GitHub, Jenkins, Docker and AWS AMI's, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, automatically, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration(CI) server attempts to build a new Docker container from it, the Docker container has the AMI baked in and leverages Linux containers.
- Implemented application using Ruby and basic MVC architecture
- Back ported gems to Ruby 1.9.3 from public store
- Edit APM dashboard widgets and setup threshold for application monitoring
- Created applications in IBM APM Dashboard for monitoring application transaction.
- Experience in using Dockers Swarm and deployed spring boot applications.
- Designed CD platform using Docker, Jenkins and Puppet.
- Wrote Python scripts for pushing data from Dynamo DB to MySQL Database.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enables fellow Security Engineers to operate at high speed and wide scale.
- Managed VMwareESXi hosts using vSphere client and Web client.
- Kept track of all releases and request of the developers through infrastructure management tool.
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Migrating and maintaining build and test environments into the Cloud Infrastructure.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl&Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) and Git source control
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN and Git.
- Implement, maintain and support reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Used BOTO and Fabric for launching and deploying instances in AWS.
- Used Cloud watch logs to move application logs to S3 and create alarms based on a few exceptions raised by applications.
- Used CloudFront to deliver content from AWS edgelocations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Manage network security using Load balancer, Auto scaling, Security groups and NACLS.
- Built Cloud infrastructure for Multi-Tier Applications with Failover and High Availability(HA)Mode.
- Support current migration of Data Center to Amazon Cloud.
- Focus on continuous integration and deployment, promoting Enterprise Solutions to target environments.
- Document system configurations, Instance, OS, and AMI build practices, backup procedures, troubleshooting guides, and keep infrastructure and architecture drawings current with changes.
- Provide oversight and guidance for the architecture, development best practices for application hosting, and infrastructure deployment for each application.
- Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Use puppet and Chef Automation tools for configuration management in different systems.
- Responsible for maintaining 4-5 Different Testing/QA Environments and erection of the PROD Environment in AWS
- Experience with analysis of logs and performing root cause analysis for various issues coming up on daily basis
- Monitoring Live Traffic, logs, Memory utilization, Disk utilization and various other factors which are important for deployment.
- Utilize Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS. Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). Utilize S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Develop Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2 instances.
- Created detailed AWS Security groups which behaved as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Managing multiple AWS instances, assigning the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs.
- Auto scaling the instances to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly reliable systems.
- Configuring of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) with networking of subnets containing servers.
- Develop Cloud formation scripts to automate AWS Resources.
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Setting Cloud watch alerts for instances and utilizing Auto Scaling Launch configurations for better performance.
- Experience in combining multi-node software deployment using Ansible.
- Used Chef to manage configuration of connected server.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production, corporate servers and storage using AWS cloud watch for efficiency.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects.
- Troubleshooting various production errors and fix them
Environment: Java, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Nagios, GIT, AWS EC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC, EMR, SQS, Auto Scaling, ELB, Shell Scripts, Unix/ Linux environment.
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Design roles and groups using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Managed hardware, software, and networking for Large Scale cluster on Amazon EC2.
- Used security groups, IAM roles, scaling groups, load balancers, Monitored EC2 instances with Cloud Watch.
- Used Amazon S3 to backup database instances periodically to save snapshots of data.
- Experience with analysis of logs and performing root cause analysis for various issues coming up on dailybasis.
- Monitoring Live Traffic, logs, Memory utilization, Disk utilization and various other factors, which are important for deployment.
- Develop Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2 instances. Design user's credentials and profiles using AWS IAM.
- Automated system deployment, monitoring, alarming and scaling in the Cloud.
- Created, deleted and managed user accounts used to interact with AWS and setup their ACLs with Amazon IAM.
- Decent knowledge on Dynamo DB and Amazon EMR.
- Manage network security using Load balancer, Auto-scaling, Security groups and NACLs.
- Creating NAT and Proxy instances in AWS and manage route tables, EIP's and NACLs.
- Used DNS management in Route53, Amazon S3 to backup database instances to save snapshots of data.
- Maintained existing and helped creating new Users and tenants using Amazon IAM's.
- Manage Network allocation in VPC to create new public networks.
- Coordinate with other departments to setup health checks and monitors for high availability of cloud services.
- Defined security group rules for control plane services to secure the control plane network.
Environment: S3, EC2, RDS, IAM, Dynamo DB, Elastic Search, VPC, EBS, Route 53, EMR, ELB, MySQL, Linux.
- Primary support to all kind of issues for All of Unix and Linux
- Worked with Red hat for finding root cause on panic issues
- Installation and configuration of SUDO package accomplished successfully across various UNIX platforms.
- Limiting user account privileges using SUDOERS.
- Created and modified VERITAS Cluster Service Groups and managed switchover from node to node and just as importantly, from interstate primary and DR sites
- Manage logical Volume manager on Red hat Servers.
- Troubleshooting day-to- day server related issues and problems in terms of operating system, applications and network
- Maintained and monitoring System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues
- Performed application installation and management on Linux servers for applications like JBoss
- Configuring, administering and Trouble Shooting of NFS, Auto FS (Direct and Indirect Maps), NIS (master, slave and client) and DNS in multi-platform networks.
- Systems log management, Data backup and restoration with UNIX native tools (tar/dd).
- Managed DNS server. Updated forward and reverse lookup files for all the new machines added in the domain. Created reverse lookup files for the new subnets added into the network.
- Configured and managed LVM on Linux using tools like lvextend, lvcreate, resize2fs etc.
- Hands on Implementing the VPN connection between Customer Datacenter and AWS Environment.
- Managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWSEC2 using Open-Source Puppet Server.
- Strong knowledge in Security, Firewall, Networking fundamentals and concepts.
- Organizing DR (Disaster Recovery) server tests to make sure the infrastructure is correct and the DR servers are working as expected.
- Responsible for monitoring system health and performance of instances deployed in AWS.
- Install and configure SSH to enable secure access to the Servers.
Environment: LINUX, UNIX, JBoss, NFS, VERITAS, Red hat Servers, Auto FS, NIS, DNS, AWS, puppet, SSH, SUDO, LVM.