- Over 7 years of Professional IT experience as an AWS Cloud Engineer, DevOps automation Engineer, Software Configuration Management (SCM) Engineer, Build& Release management Engineer and worked in many technical roles both in Linux and Windows environment for build/Release automation.
- Involved extensively in code compilation, packaging, building, and debugging, automating, managing, tuning and deploying code across multiple environments and Linux Administration.
- Deep expertise in Public Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure), Cloud Foundry, Docker - IaaS, PaaS and internal hosting infrastructure (server, storage, networking, etc.)
- Experience with variety of databases including relational databases like Oracle, MySQL, MS-SQL and No-SQL database like Cassandra and knowledge on Big Data and Data Analytics using Hadoop.
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, Google cloud and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) and its services (AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, APIs, Route 53, snapshots, Auto scaling, Cloud Formation, Lambda, SES, SQS, SNS, RDS, ELB, EBS, Cloud Watch, S3 etc.).
- Experience in process automation from system administration tasks to Continuous integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) with Jenkins/Bamboo build tools.
- Experience in managing Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in WindowsAzureand SQLAzureand inAzureWeb and Database deployments.
- Ensured successful architecture and deployment of enterprise grade PaaS solutions using Pivotal Cloud Foundry as well as proper operation during initial application migration and set new development.
- Build pipeline design and optimization GIT, SVN, Maven, and Nexus for Java/J2EE application deployments.
- Worked on setting up the CI/CD Pipelines for Tomcat and WebLogic applications running on EC2 instances using Jenkins CI tool and plugins like Git, Maven and S3 Deploy Plugins in Jenkins.
- Involved heavily in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using Git Hub, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Terraform and AWS.
- Configuration management experience using the Ansible. Written Ansible plays and playbooks to perform the automated installations and configurations of Web tier, Application tier and Database tiers.
- Experience in Managing the life cycle of containers using Docker Engine. Worked on creating the custom images, Containers and DockerFiles based on Business requirements.
- Experience in creating the clustered docker containers using Kubernetes. Used the utilities like Kubectl and kubeadm to create and configure the clusters on single and multiple docker hosts.
- Automated the Provision of Application stacks(Application Servers, Web Servers and RDS Database instances) using the Confidential Terraform with the help of AWS Providers and resources.
- Proficient in automating build and configuration process using tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins/Bamboo and Puppet/Ansible.
- Created a test framework for the CI/ CD pipeline integrated with Jenkins & Selenium that increased testing cycles.
- Expertise in WAMP (Windows, Apache, MYSQL, and Python) and LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and Python) Architecture.
- Experience in using bug-tracking systems like JIRA, Servicenow, Remedy and Clear Quest.
- Experience on working with System health and performance Monitoring Tools like Nagios, Dynatrace and Splunk.
- Fluent in several software lifecycle models, including Waterfall, SDLC, and Agile.
- Experience with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of
- 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
Cloud Services: AWS, Azure
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Groovy, Gradle
Version Control Systems: GIT, Bit Bucket, SVN, GitHub
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Ansible, Puppet
Container Service: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
Programming Languages: Java, J2EE (JSP, Servlets, Struts, Hibernate, Spring, EJB, JDBC, JMS, Web Services)
Scripting Languages: Shell Scripting, Python, Bash, Batch, Perl
Repositories Management Tools: Nexus, Artifactory
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo (Atlassian tool)
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud Watch, Splunk, BMC Patrol
Code Analysis Tools: SonarQube
Orchestration Tools: Puppet Orchestrator, IBM Udeploy
Application Servers/Middleware: Tomcat, Nginx, HTTP, JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, VMWare
Bug Tracking and Ticketing Tools: Clear Quest, ServiceNow, JIRA
Network Protocols: HTTP, SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, TCP/IP
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux (RHEL 6.9, 7.0, 7.2), Solaris (SPARC 10, 11)
SDLC: Agile and waterfall methodologies
Confidential, Hamilton, NJ
AWS Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups. Used IAM to create new accounts, roles, and groups.
- Hands on experience in EC2, VPC, Subnets, Routing tables, Internet gateways, IAM, Route 53, VPC peering, S3, ELB, RDS(MySQL), Security Groups, Cloud Watch, SNS on AWS
- Written CloudFormation templates and Terraform templates to provision the Application stacks that consist of Elastic Load Balancer, Web tier, Application tier and Database tiers.
- Used the Terraform AWS Provider to authenticate with AWS accounts and provision the AWS Resources like ELB, S3, EC2, Subnets and EBS storage.
- Written Ansible playbooks and plays using the YAML. Automated the installations and configurations of Tomcat, WebLogic, Websphere, Java, Oracle etc. and automated the Redhat system configurations.
- Administered the Ansible control machine and provisioned the Ansible agent machines using SSH keys.
- Expertise in using the Ansible CLI. Managed the configuration of application servers running on EC2 instances using Ansible. Automated agent's installation of Nagios on Windows servers and Linux servers using Ansible.
- Worked extensively on Ansible Playbooks and Scripting. Created Ansible playbooks for different environments for release and converted Puppet scripts into the Ansible Playbooks.
- Automate Application Delivery using Ansible and IBM Udeploy tool suite.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used Jenkins for implementing automated CI/CD for daily deployments and for creating the end to end builds and deployment process.
- Used Jenkins for Different types of Jobs created for Multiple Projects worked using Build Pipelines and Deploy into various environments using the Maven and other Tools.
- Developed and Implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the Agile Process.
- Used Shell and Perl scripting to deploy artifacts that are built by Maven. Installed and Configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Created Git repositories and structure. Managed branches and branching strategies in Git. Managed Dependencies using Maven.
- Container clustering with Docker and Kubernetes. Implemented and managed the docker and Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Used Microservice architecture, with Spring Boot-based services interacting through a combination of REST and Apache Kafka endpoints. Deployed services to Google Cloud Platform in Docker containers, managed by Mesos/Marathon.
- Created the reproducible infrastructure environments for the Microservices based applications.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, config Maps, deployments.
- Work with third party application, hosting and CDN providers to integrate data feeds to a centralized Splunk platform
- Worked with Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for Docker and Kubernetes. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Setting up continuous integration of applications in Apache Tomcat servers in EC2 using Jenkins plugins GIT, MAVEN. Implemented new deployment process with Jenkins 2.0 using groovy code.
- Created AWS EBS volumes for storing application files for use with AWS EC2 instances whenever they are mounted to them and installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on EC2 to manage containers created by PCF.
- Created and Implemented ANT and Maven build scripts for the JAVA applications and MS Build for .Net actively worked with application teams to understand current Deploy process.
- Documented the whole Build Process going and made them available for all the other team members by uploading them.
- Created a fully automated build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins and Git.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to understand a code/configuration release scope and how to confirm a release was successful.
- Supported different projects build and release SCM effort e.g. branching, tagging, merge etc.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Worked Extensively on both LINUX and Windows Environments.
- Provided 24/7 support for production applications and handled the severity issues.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, Tomcat, Shell Scripts, Docker, Kubernetes, UNIX, Windows 7, Oracle, IBM Udeploy, Nexus, Terraform, SPLUNK, Openshift
Confidential, Centennial, CO
AWS / DevOps Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying the AWS infrastructure to host the internal and customer facing applications using the AWS resources like EC2, Subnets, ELB, EBS, SNS, VPC, S3 and Route53.
- Created and configured VPC’s, Subnets (Both public and private) and created the Custom AMI based on business requirements and adhering to the security standards.
- Managed the IAM users, Roles and Groups. Provided access to various teams to use the AWS resources using IAM.
- Used Chef and OpsWorks to manage the configurations of Operating system on EC2 instances.
- Deploying and managing many servers utilizing both traditional and cloud-oriented providers (AWS) with the Chef Platform configuration system.
- Created cloud service using AWS, managed Virtual machines and websites using AWS-EC2, ELB, Auto scaling, Lambda.
- Setup up and maintenance of automated environment using Chef Recipes & cookbooks within AWS environment.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Worked on monitoring tools like Nagios, AWS Cloud Watch to health check the various deployed resources and services.
- Build and Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Participated in the release cycles of the product which involved environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Written Ruby and PowerShell scripts to interact with Application using REST API and tied in with tools like AWS, VRA, Jira and Chef Server.
- Configured Jenkins jobs to perform the automated builds for Java, .NET, Tibco and Android applications.
- Written build.xml to automate the build for Android applications and created the APK files and signed the APK using the utilities from android SDK.
- Experience writing Jenkins file to create the Pipelines in Jenkins with the help of Groovy language. Used both scripted and declarative pipelines in Jenkins Pipelines.
- Developed build using ANT and MAVEN as build tools and used CI/CD tools to kick off the builds move from one environment to other environments.
- Used tools like SonarQube to check the integrity of code and Nexus based repository for version controlling.
- Regular Build jobs are initiated using the Continuous Integration tool with Jenkins. Implemented PowerShell and bash scripts for release and build automation.
- Packaging an application using Docker Containers.
- Experience writing Jenkins File and DockerFile for Microservice based applications. Built docker containers with Microservices in dev stage, UAT and Production environments.
- Installed and configured GIT and communicating with the repositories in Bitbucket repository and AWS Code Commit.
- Implemented Atlassian Stash along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance.
- Designed and implemented the backup strategy for all the critical systems such as build machines, bug tracking tools, central repositories etc.
- Created proper documentation for new server setups and existing servers.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, VPC, Windows 2008, SQL Server, Cloud Watch, Cloud formation, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF),Git, ELB, Chef, Docker, Jenkins, Groovy, Red Hat Linux 5/6, Bash Scripting, Nagios.
Confidential, St Louis, Missouri
- Responsible for Installation, Configuration Management, Maintenance and Systems Development of Red Hat Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux / UNIX Systems.
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Perforce and PVCS.Migrated SVN repositories into GIT using Sub GIT.
- Setup automation tools such as Jenkins and Nexus across multiple projects of the waterfall and Agile models.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process. Build scripts using ANT and Maven build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Installed Jenkins/Plug-in for GIT Repository, SetupSCMPolling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Art factory) and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Chef as a CI/CD Process.
- Azure PaaS Solutions likeAzure Web Apps, Redis Cache,Application insights Azure Server less Functions,Azure Stream Analytics, SQLAzure andAzure Storage.
- Expert Knowledge in Azure cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory and Azure Service Bus. Managing Client's Microsoft Azure based PaaS and IAAS environment.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration. Converting production support scripts to chef recipes.
- Developed the chef recipes, cookbooks using Ruby syntax and uploaded them to the master chef server using chef client tool like chef-repo.
- Installed SonarQubeplugin in Jenkins and integrated with project maven script. Experience with Build Management Tools Ant and Maven for writing build. xmls and Pom.xmls.
- Experienced in build and deployment of Java applications on to different environments such as QA, UAT and Production.
- Performed integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus, yum. Branching, Tagging, and Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub. Creation and editing of Teamcityproject and build configurations.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Ansible. Written Ansible Playbooks to configure, install software and other packages on to the application.
- Maintain Chef Servers and management application that can use Service Now(CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, orpackages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Deployed the java application into web application servers like Apache Tomcat. Involved in the installation and configuration of Nix as a web server.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server, Nix and Application Servers such as Tomcat, Jboss.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also, configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Implemented comprehensive cloud monitoring and incident management solution using Cloud kick, Data dog.
- Hands on experience in using tools likeDockerCompose, Kubernetes, etc. for orchestrating, linking and deploying the services related to the containers.
- Having good experience in SDLC methodologies like Agile and Scrum Methodologies and Python based environment
- Deployed the initial Azure components like Networks, Gateway, Storage and Affinity groups.
- Coordinated with the Offshore and Onshore teams for Production Releases. Coordinated Release effort amongst various teams (Integration, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Understanding & usage of Atlassian tools (i.e. Bamboo, JIRA, Nexus). Working with JIRA tool to track all the defects and changes released to all environments.
Environment: Java/J2EE, SVN, GIT, GitHub, Maven, Ant, Urban Code Deploy, Oracle WebLogic, Jenkins, Puppet, Nexus, Hip Chat, Chef, Jira, Shell Scripting, Python, Ruby, Bamboo, Perl, Microsoft Azure, AngularJs, Hotfix PROD Patches, Linux (Ubuntu).
Confidential, Plano, TX
Build and Release Engineer
- Installed and configured Red Hat Linux, Established and schedule activities in test and production environments.
- Experience in working GIT for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Managed, installed, and configured Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, IIS, .NET, Apache, Oracle WebLogic, Red Hat JBoss, Apache Tomcat, and Oracle Database.
- Worked closely with application developers to devise robust deployment, operating, monitoring, and reporting for the COTS applications.
- Deployment, implementation of Subversion (SVN) as source control, collaboration and QA tool. Project management, versioning and blame/issue tracking using Subversion (SVN).
- CreatedBuildJobs and Deployments in Jenkins.
- Involved in writing and organizing Shell and Perl scripting for building complex software systems.
- Experience with defining and creating usable and customer friendly, intuitive interfaces to the JIRA tool in a fast-paced evolving environment.
- Migrated source control tool from Clear Case to Subversion (SVN) andbuildtool from Ant to Maven.
- Worked closely with the team to review code for compatibility issues.
- Created scripts for Backup and restoring Subversion (SVN) repositories.
- Used Maven as a dependency management tool to manage all the dependencies that are required.
- Created and configured jobs, script builder, custom command builder, agents in Bamboo.
- Deployed the EARs and WARs in JBOSS Application server using ANT script.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using Poll SCM option.
- Implemented Jira with Mavenreleaseplug-in for tracking bugs and defects.
- Experienced withreleaseengineering, configuration management in Tomcat web application environment.
- Configured email and messaging notifications, managed users and permissions, system settings and Maintained two Jenkins servers and one Bamboo server to deploy into production and non-production environment.
- Created ANT and Maven POMs to automate thebuildprocess and integrated them with tools like Sonar, Nexus.
- Runreleasefor all lower and production environments for almost forty different application with various deployment tools Jenkins, bamboo and work closely with systemengineersto resolve the issue.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), GIT, Ant, Maven, Bamboo, Sonar, Jenkins, JBOSS, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, Bash Scripting, Nexus, Jira, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Database, UNIX/LINUX.
- Involved in requirements gathering, design, development and testing.
- Developed application by utilizing Struts, Servlets, JSPs and utilizing Applications of J2EE design.
- Designed and created Web pages utilizing HTML and JSP in which JSP is utilized to Compile Dynamically into Servlets when required.
- Used Entity Beans to endure the Information into database and JMS to build up message communication.
- Responsible for the execution of PL/SQL techniques and SQL Queries.
- Implemented the project utilizing JSP and Servlets based libraries.
- Deployed applications on JBoss server and Used Web Services-WSDL and SOAP to oversee content from customer application.
- Deployed applications on Linux client machines.
- Designed and Developed the application utilizing Agile Methodology and Used the iterative incremental Framework Scrum with Agile Software Development.
- Configured application Flow, controlling Logic and Navigation.
- Involved in re-Factoring the Existing Components to meet the present application requirements.
- Used different Java and J2EE APIs including JDBC, XML, VXML, Servlets, JSP, and JavaBeans.
- Utilized PL/SQL for querying the database and Spring Framework to Develop Flexible and loosely coupled Web applications.
- Involved in execution tuning, Debugging issues in testing and Deployment stages.
- Involved in relapse testing, evaluating the response times, and solving the association pooling issues.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Servlets, Struts, EJB, JSP, JMS, JBOSS, SQL Server 2000, Ant, PL/SQL, WSDL, SOAP, Eclipse, CVS, Linux.