- Around 6+ years of experience in IT industry comprising Linux system Administration,DevOps Engineer, Automation, Deployment and strong expertise in implementing Software Configuration Management (SCM), Build and release management, Cloud Management and Containerization.
- Expertise in utilizing almost the entire AWS stack including (EC2,ECS, ELB, S3, EBS, VPC, AMI, SNS, SQS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, CloudFront, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Terraform, OpsWork, Security Groups) focusing on fault tolerance, high availability, and auto - scaling.
- Experience in working on DevOps/Agile Scrum operations and tools area (Build & Release Automation, Environment service).
- Experience on Cloud innovations including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service supplier (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
- Extensive experience in Centos / RHEL/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHEL 4.x/5.x, Centos 6, Troubleshooting Server issues.
- Ensured data integrity and data security on AWS technology by implementing AWS best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud services and Google (GCP) based Cloud Infrastructure.
- Streamlined installation of OpenShift on partner cloud infrastructure such as AWS and Azure.
- Proficient experience on DevOps essential tools like Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Vagrant, Packer, Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes.
- Worked on configuring and leveraging version control systems like GIT, SVN, CVS, Bitbucket, IBMClear case and also Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branching, Merging, Tagging.
- Used built tools like Maven and Gradle for building deployable artifacts such as jar, war and ear from source code.
- Expert level experience working with TFS Visual Studio, Release Manager to configure Continuous Integration, Testing and Deployment (CI/CD).
- Experience with TFS Project management, customized WorkItems, Process Templates, Kanban pages.
- Administered and Implemented continuous integration(CI) and continuous deployment(CD) using Jenkins for end-end automation of entire build and deployment process.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and CloudBees by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Tested and implemented validated merge feature on cloud bees Jenkins to facilitate frequent commits from developers then a build is triggered on Jenkins, if the build is successful the code changes will be pushed to upstream repository.
- Developing and version control expertise in Chef Cookbooks, testing of cookbooks using Food Critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, Data Bags, Knife, Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Used Amazon Linux AMI packages and configurations for tight integration with Chef.
- Extensive experience implementing Puppet modules to automate the installation and configuration for a wide range of services.
- Explicit knowledge on Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles.
- Experience in using JFROG and Nexus Artifactory Repository Managers for builds. Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins for continuous integration to automate all builds and deployments.
- Experience in developing web applications implementing Model View Template architecture using Python for web application frameworks.
- Involved in the team of PHP developers on a Drupal 8 multi-site project. I was also responsible for AWS DevOps administration. I developed an Ansible/Vagrant provisioning system on Amazon AWS to support continuous integration.
- Used Python boto3 libraries to manage AWS cloud infrastructure using AWS CLI and master in creating lambda functions in a server less environment.
- Reviewed OpenShift PaaS product architecture and suggested improvement features after conducting research on Competitors products.
- Experience in server templating tools like Vagrant, Docker, CoreOS.
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Docker file.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker swarm with multiple name spaced versions.
- Exposure to Mesos, Marathon & Zookeeper cluster environment for application deployments and Docker Containers.
- Experience in deploying system stacks for different environments like Dev, UAT, and Prod in both on premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Broad experience in working in Linux, Windows and Mac - OSX environments.
- Experience in maintaining platforms like Ubuntu, Red Hat and CentOS.
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby scripting on Linux.
- Extensively used Spring Framework features like Spring MVC, Spring DI, Spring AOP, Spring JDBC templates, Spring Boot.
- Extensive experience in Struts and Spring Framework.
- Expertise in creating of Active Directory and Network Fundamentals, Protocols such asTCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and Group Policy.
- Experience in load balancing, DNS, SSL, and firewalls.
- Experience in using bug tracking systems like JIRA and Service Now.
- Experience in Various Atlassian Tools like JIRA, Confluence and Fisheye for Agile development in the organization.
- Expertise in web application test automation tools i.e. Selenium IDE, Selenium RC and Web Driver
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and have the ability to work either independently with little or no supervision or as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and a hard-working team player.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Microsoft Windows
Cloud Computing: Amazon Web Services: EC2, IAM, Elastic Beanstalk, and Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), RDS (MySQL), S3, Glacier, Route 53, SES, VPC, Monitoring, Azure
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios
Languages: JAVA, Ruby, Shell Scripting, python
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Issue tracking tools: JIRA, ServiceNow
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle
Integration tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Source Control tool: SVN (Subversion), CVS, ClearCase, GIT, GIT Hub
Web Technology and Web servers: Web logic, Websphere, Apache tomcat/JBoss
Virtualization tools: Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes, OpenShift
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Responsible for maintaining 2 Testing/QA Environments and erection of the PROD Environment in AWS.
- Participated in and worked with the fast paced Agile Development team in building enterprise grade software systems.
- Worked as SRE/DevOps/Build & Release Engineer.
- Developed Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2 instances.
- Used BOTO and Fabric for launching and deploying instances, boto3 for lambda functions, operations using AWS CLI.
- Working in Cloud-Enter team to build and engineer servers for Linux & AIX operating systems. Working on AWS to provision new instances, Storage Services, AWS IAAS & Cloud watch services. CI/CD pipeline management through Jenkins.
- ConfiguredAWSIAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- CreatedAWSRoute53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Managed storage inAWSusing Elastic Block Storage, S3, created Volumes and configured Snapshots.
- ConfiguredElastic container service(ECS) and Docker engine to deploy the micro services-oriented environments for scalable applications.
- Experience with Docker with AWS ECS, Docker Swarm & kubernetes.
- Integrated Jenkins with Docker container using Cloud bees Docker pipeline plugin to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker Registry and then deployed to Kubernetes. Integrated Selenium automation regression test suite in Jenkins build pipeline.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, Node.js, Python on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- UsedCloudFrontto deliver content fromAWSedge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Served application data using Lambda functions to store data in NOSQL database Dynamo DB. Configured REST API’s using API Gateway that hit lambda which in turn invoke lambdas to do necessary operations.
- Created Python tooling for the display of service health status of cloud components.
- Used Python Zappa to deploy API’s and testing locally in VENV and pushing to Cloud environment.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT, Stash Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions Git source control.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool to automate the build process and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Documented process documents for Jenkins, Git (bit bucket), CD Pipeline and Code deployment guide for Developers, Testers and Production Management.
- Performed continuous integration with Cloud Bees Jenkins, experience in performing pipelining using groovy scripting to perform the integration in a desired manner.
- Implemented validated merge feature on cloud bees Jenkins to facilitate frequent commits from developers then a build is triggered on Jenkins, if the build is successful the code changes will be pushed to upstream repository.
- Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and also integrated to automate the code checkout process using web-hooks framework.
- Configuring Jenkins as a common CI engine to build and promote applications to DEV, QA and STAGING to Linux environments using build promotion plugins.
- Used various Technologies like Nodejs and NPM as Package Manager. Git and SVN as Version Control, Bit bucket as Repository.
- Responsible for authoring cookbooks and recipes in CHEF using Ruby.
- Worked with the Chef command line tool to work with the items in chef-repo, where the cookbooks are authorized, tested and maintained.
- Developed procedures to unify streamline and automate applications development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Docker swarm.
- Developed and Implemented kubernetes manifests, helm charts for deployment of micro-services into k8s clusters.
- Utilized Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances withinAWS.
- Changing the AWS infrastructure Elastic Beanstalk to Docker with Kubernetes.
- Developed Python and Shell scripts for automation of the build and release process. Automation of Cron Jobs.
- Using Logic Monitor with cloud watch as source for monitoring AWS services. Lambda functions using X-ray service.
- Used Spring Boot for the application development.
- Integrated the application with Spring-MVC using Spring Boot, Spring Dependency Injection (DI), and Spring Annotations.
- Responsible for developing the reporting metrics and providing reports to Management on different levels of statistics.
- Used JIRA to track bug issues and change management.
- Expertise in installing and configuring network infrastructure using routing and switching strategies, TCP /IP network services.
Environment: AWS, Chef, Chef CLI, Puppet, Knife, Docker, Git, SVN, Bit Bucket, Jenkins, Nexus, Java/J2EE, Kubernetes K8, MAVEN, Web Logic, JIRA, Perl Scripts, Python boto3, Shell, LINUX, and Ruby.
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
- Worked closely with Project Managers to understand a code/configuration release scope and how to confirm a release was successful.
- Interacted with client teams to understand client deployment requests.
- Responsible for distributed applications across hybrid AWS and physical data centers.
- Performed all Linux operating system, disk management and patch management configurations, on Linux instances in AWS.
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications using the almost all the AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling of the instances.
- Maintained the user accounts IAM Roles, Route 53(CNAME), VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Configured AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Using Chef, deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and CloudWatch.
- Built Elastic search (ELK Stack) cluster in multiple data centers for High Availability.
- Installed, configured and managed the ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana) for Log management within EC2 / Elastic Load balancer for Elastic Search.
- Experience using Weblogic application servers and apache tomcat web server for deployments.
- Deployed JAVA applications on Tomcat Application servers. Created local, virtual repositories in Jfrog Artifactory and integrated with Jenkins.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Installed configured and Administered Centos / RHEL and UNIX servers, Red Hat Centos / RHEL Kickstart services.
- Expertise in Centos, Red Hat Centos / RHEL backup/restore with tar including disk partitioning and formatting.
- Experience in working with EC2 Container Service plugin in JENKINS, which automates the Jenkins master-slave configuration by creating temporary slaves.
- Used MySQL, DynamoDB and Elasticache to perform basic database administration. Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins or Maven for deployment and build management system.
- Extensively experienced in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and working knowledge on other build tools like make file.
- Created and modified Ansible playbooks, shared using company Github.
- Used Git, IBM Rational ClearCase tool for windows for source/version/revision control.
- Used orchestration engine Ansible to automate private cloud deployment.
- Ansible installation and maintenance for infrastructure automation. Developed playbooks ruby shell scripts for build and deployment and configuration release process.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and Chef Cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy the code.
- Experienced in troubleshooting, Configuring and deploying various enterprise applications in WebLogic, WebSphere and Tomcat.
- Involved in Creating and running selenium automation test cases with Selenium Webdriver using TestNG.
- Experienced with Docker container service.
- Involved in building own PaaS with Docker; deployed various applications through Dockers containers.
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile.
- Used Google Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts. Worked closely with development teams and performance test engineers for EC2 size optimization and Docker build containers.
- Worked with Azure and integrated deployments from TFS to Azure.
- Integrated TFS with third part tools like Octopus Deploy for Release process.
- Configured Azure in TFS RM and Automated TFS builds to Azure environment.
- Build a presentation to present the design of hosting architecture on Windows Azure with a plan to maintain multi-cloud infrastructure.
- Deployed an Azure instance for a hybrid based authorization and encryption system.
- Responsible for all AD, SQL, Load Balancing, NSG's, and VPN configurations for Azure.
- Good Knowledge in Azure cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory, Azure Service Bus. Create and manage Azure AD tenants and configure application integration with Azure AD. Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD Integrating on-premises identity with Azure AD.
- Created repositories according the structure required with Branches, Tags and Trunks. Knowledge of DevOps principles and practice.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Worked on JIRA installation and upgrade and Performed JIRA configuration.
- Installed and managed plugins for Jira and confluence in production environment and Installed and Managed JIRA Add-ons.
- Managed and document all post deployment issues utilizing the Post Deployments Issue Log.
Environment: AWS(EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), GIT, VPC, JBOSS, Selenium, EBS, SQL, Cloud watch, CloudFormation, Docker, Jira, confluence, TFS, Jfrog, IBM Clearcase, Gradle, Maven Azure, AWSCLI,AWSAuto-Scaling, Unix/Linux, RHEL 5/6.8, Shell scripting.
- Recognized by the community as an Ubuntu Core Developer which carries commit rights to the package archives for Ubuntu.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product, which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Installed and configured Apache / Tomcat web server.
- Used Puppet for Configuration Management tool.
- Responsible for creating Puppet modules and manifest files from scratch and experience in editing existing puppet manifests and automated manual installation process using puppet.
- Involved in several Production Implementations and managed deployment process via DMS and puppet.
- Experience in setup of Puppet Agents, Puppet Master both in Puppet Enterprise, Open Source and developing Catalogs using Puppet language.
- Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge.
- Up gradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, Roles, Profiles, MCollective, Hiera, and Custom Puppet modules, Ruby.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, Database, and Packages.
- Involved in Scrum Meetings, product backlog and other scrum activities and artifacts in collaboration with the team.
- Configured automated VM migrations using automated scripts in PowerShell. Standardized network cable runs for VMware hosts across multiple data center.
- Automated Integration testing with custom VMWare scripts and custom frameworks using Microsoft Coded UI
- Administered VMware environment, evaluated & implemented new hardware & software solutions that benefited architecture & operations. Implemented VMware SRM & troubleshoot performance issues.
- Worked with system, network, security, & storage engineering teams to prepare & configure new servers for the VMware ESX environment.
- Installed and configured VNC (Virtual Network Computing) server/client.
- Monitored System resources like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues
- Managing users and groups with SUDO permission.
- Created and modified application related objects, created Profiles, users, roles and maintained system security.
- Responsible for scheduling cron jobs on various environments.
- Responsible for writing/modifying scripts using sh, ksh, and bash for day-to-day administration.
- Modified Kernel parameters to improve the server performance in Linux.
- Creation of Logical Volume Manager (LVM) for Linux operating systems.
- Involved in installation, configuration, implementation and support for the Corporate Linux servers RHEL, Ubuntu.
- Ensured system security, backup/restore, Disaster Recovery, performance checked, troubleshoot on UNIX (CentOS, Red Hat Linux/AIX) Systems.
- Coordinating with 24 x 7 on-call support personnel in debugging.
- Created RESTful Web Services for external clients and users by reusing existing components.
- Coordinating users for any server activities which may involve major changes on software or any hardware related issues.
- Maintained proper documentation of all the activities carried out during the project.
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issues on Linux Servers.
- Provided 24/7 on call support on UNIX Production Servers including Solaris and Linux as well as worked across multiple projects including data centre migration and performance tuning.
- Maintained the entire development and test labs including the target board, switches, Routers, APC's for testing
Environment: Puppet, Red Hat Linux, Logical Volume Manager, Global File System, Red Hat Cluster Servers, Oracle, MySQL, Java, DNS, NIS, NFS, Apache, Tomcat
- Analysis, design and development of Application based on J2EE using Spring and Hibernate.
- Involved in interacting with the Business Analyst during the Sprint Planning Sessions.
- Hibernate was used for Object Relational mapping with Oracle database.
- Used Spring IOC for injecting the beans and reduced the coupling between the classes.
- Involved in developing the user interface using Spring.
- Implemented data access tier using Spring DAO.
- Implemented RESTful Web Services which are consumed internal and external products.
- Create RFP (Request for Proposal) micro-services to provide RESTful API utilizing Spring Boot with Spring MVC.
- Used Spring IOC (Inversion of Control)/DI (Dependency Injection) for wiring the object dependencies across the application.
- Designed Enterprise Application using MVC architecture.
- Optimized the code and database for maximum performance.
- Involved in requirements gathering and preparing software requirement specification.
- Design and maintain the database to support the application using Oracle.
- Writing JUnit Test cases for testing the application.
- Performed System Integration Test.