- Around7 years of experience in DevOps, Configuration Management, Build Engineering and Release Management processes, including Building binaries, end - to-end code configuration, and deployments of artifacts for entire life cycle model in Enterprise Applications.
- Experienced in DevOps, Build & Release and Configuration Management on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Expert working on the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Installed, configured and administered Continuous Integration tools such as Hudson and Jenkins for automated builds.
- Automated deployment operations using various tools in DevOps, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure using Jenkins, Maven, Dockers, AWS, GIT, Linux etc.
- Extensively worked with Version Control Systems SVN (Subversion), GIT and TFS.
- Extensive experience with Git in a team environment on UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Expertise in writing complex cookbooks, recipes and configure them by applying node convergence on various production nodes.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environment and environments needs and also configuration automation using Dockercontainers
- Used AWSBeanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance scale and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions
- Worked with different Bug & Log Tracking Tools like Splunk, Remedy, Jira and Clear Quest
- Configured Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) tools like JIRA, Trello to track the progress of the project
- Experienced working on Version control tools like Git, GitHub, SVN, Bitbucket
- Experienced in software Build tools like Apache Maven and Apache Ant to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively.
- Experienced in Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3. For application or backend service worked on Lambda.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Integrated Jenkins with the version control tools to pull the latest pushed code.
- Expert in creating Jenkins Environment and configuring end to end build pipelines.
- Experienced with orchestration and configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, as I am much Passionate about automation.
- Expertise in building scalable, high performance systems that support entire pre-production lifecycle.
- Build servers using AWS including importing volumes, launching EC2, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers in the defined virtual private connection
- Expertin using AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger to run code by S3 and SNS.
- Ensured data integrity and data security on AWS technology by implementing AWS best practices.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal.
- Worked on cloud migration from the physical data centre towards Amazon Web services (AWS) and had good understanding with Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud Environments.
- Experienced creating pods and clusters in Kubernetes and deploy those using Open Shift
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable Artifacts such as war and ear from Source Code.
- Installed and configured AEM 6.0 instance and developed Templates, Components, Dialogs, Widgets which are the building blocks for a page.
- Used Docker and Open Shift to manage microservices for development and testing.
- Expert with Bug tracking tool like JIRA. Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Continuous deployment using Ant, Maven. Perl, PowerShell, Shell, Puppet, Chef, Packer, Terraform on to prem., AWS
- Extensively used Dockerfor virtualization, run, ship, and deploy the application securely for fastens the build/release engineering.
- Expertise in Large scale, high performance enterprise application deployment and Solution architecting on complex heterogeneous environments on AWS
- Experience in security maintenance, monitoring and logging systems on AWS.
- Expert in using AWS including EC2, Auto-Scaling, Elastic IP's, ELB, Kinesis, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, RDS, RedShift, Amazon Dynamo DB, VPC, Route53, SNS, SQS and also migration from on premises network to AWS cloud.
- Experienced in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Managed environments DEV, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Well Adverse with the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Experienced in deploying the code through web application servers like WebSphere/WebLogic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS and Jetty
- Experienced in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, Cobertura, PMD, Find-bugs, Check-Style, Sonar-Qube and Gerrit for code review.
Languages: Shell, PHP, C, C++, Core Java.
Build Tool: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle
SCM Tool: Subversion (SVN), GIT, CVS
Continuous Integration TOOLS: Hudson, Jenkins
Platforms: UNIX, Linux, HP-UX, Solaris, Microsoft Windows Vista/ XP
Database: DB2, SQL Server 2000/2005, Mongo db. Oracle 9i/10g-PL/SQL.
AWS Services: EC-2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Terraform S3, CloudWatch, Cloud trial, SNS, SQS, SWF, EBS, Amazon direct connect.
Containers & Orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
Configuration management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Dockers
Scripting: Ruby, Perl, Python, bash shell, Power Shell.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, SPLUNK, Fisheye, Crucible, RTC.
Confidential -Lincolnshire, IL
- Manage AmazonRedshiftclusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Expertise in managing AWS cloud resources EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, RDS, Elastic beanstalk, Cloud Watch and IAM.
- Creating, Adding, Deleting the security groups and controlling the traffic for EC2 instances.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2. Auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable, and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Used GIT as source code repositories. Managed GIT repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Analyse and resolve conflicts related to the merging of source code for GIT.
- Configuring Servers to provide Networking Services, including HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NFS, SMB,SMTP, SSH and LDAP.
- Experience with automated CM and maintained a CI/CD pipeline, deployment tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible. Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell.
- Maintaining servers and related infrastructure with the Chef Configuration management tool.
- Created Ansible Playbooks for different environments for release and converted Puppet scripts into Docker
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks. Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Configuration Automation using Ansible and Docker Containers. Automating the systems, configuring the servers and orchestrating the deployments through Ansible.
- Design, develop, automate, deploy, scale and manage both private and public cloud environments.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions using SNI service in NGiNX.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries, installation and configuring Kubernetes and clustering them.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Docker for continuous integration and for end to end automation for all build and deployment.
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes for the Container Security Engineer implementing monitoring/auditing security events on container and implement container network security detection.
- Involved in implementing container security tools like Twist Lock to provide an extra layer of security to Docker containers.
- Integrated Jenkins with variousDevOps tools such as Nexus, SonarQube, Chef, Nagios, HP ALM and HPQTPetc.
- Experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of the server using Splunk to detect Prod issues.
- Experience in creating Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch.
- Providing automation and deployment of applications inside software containers by providing an additional layer of abstraction and automation of operating system level virtualization on Linux using Docker.
- Coded API Proxy using Elastic Search for Store Locator Functionality. Deployed web app on AWS EC.
- Worked with the development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Built private cloud using VMware Realize suite technologies, and built self-service portals with automated OS deployment, network and storage allocation.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC pattern base testing withSeleniumWeb Driver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Knowledge in Virtual servers including Docker, Vagrant environments.
- Worked on a migration project of moving current applications in traditional datacenter to AWS.
- Designed and Developed Test Cases for automated testing usingSelenium, TestNG and Eclipse IDE.
- As part of the automation testing prepared regression test suite, designed test scripts inSeleniumweb driver using Java, executed scripts using CRAFT framework
- Participating in 24x7 production on-call support of Linux and provided technical support to users.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors changes in the project requirements.
- Configured Jenkins jobs with the ANT scripts for various deployments of JAVA/J2EE enterprise applications.
- Setup Elastic Load Balancer for distributing traffic among the multiple WebLogic server
- Used Firebug to do web-based application testing withseleniumfor the commands and locator application.
Confidential - Dallas,TX
- Setting up the Ansible control machine (RHEL7) and configured the remote host inventories via SSH.
- Build, deploy and migrate infrastructure to Azure utilizing ARM templates and some Terraform. Work with VSTS to create all-inclusive CI/CD process.
- Worked closely with the other development and operations team to understand complex product requirements and translated them into automated solutions.
- Involved in AWS architectural design to provision the AWS resources.
- Designed and implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment frameworks from code to deploy using Jenkins.
- Designed and implemented automated provisioning and configuration frameworks in support of infrastructure-as-code.
- Setting up the Server spec on the local and writing the test cases to check the configurations and impotency of the remote servers.
- Versioned the playbooks on the source code management tool GitHub.
- Used Jira for tracking and ticketing.
- Provided POC's to provision the AWS infrastructure using Ansible playbooks which includes checking the health status, monitoring and gathering facts about the ec2-instances, elastic load balancers, auto scaling groups and other AWS resources.
- Integrating Nagios with other monitoring/alert solutions (Splunk).
- Involved in writing the packer scripts to generate the machine images for AWS.
- Managed the AWS cost cutting by writing the Ansible playbook for auto start/stop of AWS resources at a particular time of the day by triggering it from Jenkins.
- Providing a test-driven development for Ansible by using Server spec. Written spec tests for checking if servers are configured correctly.
Environment: GIT, GITHUB, Shell scripts, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Confluence, Jira, Splunk, Virtual box, Vagrant LINUX (RHEL7, CentOS), UNIX, AWS, Server Spec
Confidential - Omaha, NE
Build & Release Engineer
- Worked on the AWS cloud to provision new instances, S3 Storage Services. Used EBS stores for persistent storage and also performed access management using IAM service.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Responsible for day to day Build and deployments in Dev, Test, pre-production and production environments. Implemented AWShigh availability using AWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), which performed balance across instances in multiple availability zones.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Created alarms in CloudWatch service for monitoring the server’s performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage, maintained user accounts IAM, RDS, and Route53 services in AWS Cloud.
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets and a Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for Archival storage and backup on AWS.
- Used configuration management tools Puppet, Docker for configuration management automation. CI/CD pipeline management through Jenkins.
- Administration and maintenance of Docker runtime environment, Versioning and lifecycle management of Docker images
- Working in the implementation team to build and engineer servers for Linux & AIX operating systems.
- Automated AWS volumes snapshot backups for the enterprise using Lambda.
- Created functions and assigned roles in AWS Lambda to run Python scripts.
- Designedchef cookbooks & wrote Ansible playbooks to manage configurations and automate the installation process.
- Used GIT as Version Control System for two applications. Managed development streams and Integration streams.
- Used AWSBeanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, Node.js, Python and Ruby on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Utilize Cloud formation and Puppet by creating DevOps processes for consistent and reliable deployment methodology.
- Setup Elastic Load Balancer for distributing traffic among multiple Web Logic servers and involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon Web Services using EC2, S3 and EBS.
- Creating the AWS Security groups to enable the firewall.
Environment: AWS Cloud, RedHat, Linux 7.x, Puppet, Jenkins, Shell, Python, WebLogic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat 7.x, Gradle, Run deck, Maven, Puppet, MySQL, NoSQL, Active Directory XML, GitHub, GIT.
Confidential - Silver Spring, MD
- Involved in leading Automation Deployment Team by working with Puppet.
- Created Puppet manifests, profiles and roles module to automate system operations.
- Strengthening security by implementing and maintaining Network Address Translation in the company’s network
- Performed and deployedBuildsfor various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments
- Designing and implementing for a fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by Using DevOps Technologies like Puppet.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT, Stash Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN and Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance Automated SQL Scripts, Batch Scripts Deployment to staging and production Databases with TFS.
- Deployment and management of web services with Tomcat and JBOSS provided end-user straining for all Tortoise SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
Environment: J2EE, Linux, Maven/ANT, Puppet, Jenkins, Tomcat, JIRA, GIT, SVN, Python, Perl, Shell Scripts, UNIX/ Linux.