- Highly analytical IT professional with over 8 years of experience in Linux/Windows Administration, Configuration Management (SCM), Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Release Management, Infrastructure Provisioning, Orchestration, Process Automation, Environment management.
- In - depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with software development models like Agile, SCRUM, JIRA and Waterfall model.
- Involved in deploying Java to cloud by utilizing various AWS cloud resources like AWS Code Deploy, Route53, EBS, S3, EC2, Cloud Formation, ECS, SNS, Lambda, SQS, Cloud Front, and Auto Scaling, AWS Redshift.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation usingTerraform.
- Proficient in creating AWS Lambda functions that aggregates the data from incoming events, then store the resulted data in AWS Redshift and S3.
- Deployed several Java/J2EE applications, IIS, SQL Server, App Services to cloud provided servers like AWS and Azure by using Puppet modules.
- Established connection from Azure to On-premise datacenter using Azure ExpressRoute for Single and Multi-subscription connectivity.
- Performed Provisioning of IAAS, PAAS Virtual Machines and Web, Worker roles on Microsoft AZURE Classic and AzureResource Manager.
- Expertise in Azure Development, worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Virtual Machines, Fabric controller, Azure AD, Azure search, and Notification hub.
- Experience in Azure, Migration of all servers from on-premises to Kubernetes containers & writing the scripts in Perl and Shell Scripts for managing various enterprise applications.
- Developed Dev/Test/Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash, Chef, and Terraform.
- Expertise in creating pods and clusters in Kubernetes and deployed those using OpenShift.
- Configured network services such as DNS, NFS, SMTP, NTP, DHCP, LDAP, SAMBA, SQUID, postfix, send mail, ftp, remote access, security management and Security trouble shooting skills across Linux Severs.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology via Elastic Container Service (ECS) in AWS. Installed and configured latest version of Docker Datacenter including universal control plane (UCP) and Docker trusted registry (DTR) on a cluster of hosts
- Wrote Ansible playbooks with Python SSH as a wrapper to manage configurations of OpenStack Nodes and the test playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Involved in writing Ansible Playbooks, Chef CookBooks and Salt states to provision the environment.
- Worked in automation, setup and administration of build and deployment CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Anthill Pro and UDeploy and integrated with Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradleand other Atlassian products- Bamboo, JIRA, BitBucket for building of deployable artifacts (JAR, WAR & EAR, and DLL & EXE) from source code.
- Profusely worked on Version control tools like Subversion, GIT, ClearCase to track changes made by different people in source code involving concepts like Branching, Merging and Tags.
- Expertise in open source monitoring, graphing and logging solutions by utilizing Nagios, Splunk, Zabbix, OSSEC and ELK stack.
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like WebLogic, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS to deploy code. Installed Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux and windows systems.
- Configured Jenkins CI tool to automate the regression testing by including test cases using Selenium Plugin in Jenkins.
- Expertise in Automation of various day-to-day administration task by developing Bash, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell and Python Scripts.
- Expertise in setting up of JVMs, Clusters, virtual hosts and configured authorization and authentication models using LDAP on Linux servers.
- Extensively used NGINX which can function as a proxy server for email (IMAP, POP3, and SMTP) and a reverse proxy and load balancer for HTTP, TCP, and UDP servers.
- Profusely worked on Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSql tools such as SQL Server MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB, DynamoDB& Cassandra.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS 5/6/7& SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9/8, HP-UX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31, IBM AIX (4.3/5.x/6.x/7.x), HPUX11i V1, V2 & V3, SLES 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows NT /2000/2003/2008/2010, DEBIAN
Cloud Environments: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services(AWS).
Application Servers Web Servers: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBOSS 4.22.GA, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
SCM Tools: Git, Subversion SVN, TFS, Perforce.
CI/CD & Build Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Anthill Pro, Hudson, Maven, ANT, Gradle.
Automation & container Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kickstart, Jumpstart, CloudFormation, Terraform.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Zabbix, Cloudwatch, Newrelic, ELK(Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), OSSEC
Networking/Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP
Virtualization: VMware ESXi, Windows Hyper-V, Power VM, Virtual box, Citrix Xen, KVM, vCenter, vSphere.
Scripting: Perl, Python, YAML, Ruby, PHP, Bash Shell scripting, PowerShell, JSON.
Confidential - Kirkland, WA
Systems Software/DevOps Engineer
- Worked with Tableau online which is hosted in AWS cloud and monitored the pre-prod environments running smoothly.
- Involved in upgradation of pods which is an instance running tableau server from legacy Tabadmin to Tableau Server Manager (way to install tableau server on machines).
- Created and moved the data between different AWS compute (EC2, Lambda) and storage services (S3, DynamoDB, EMR), as well as on-premise data sources using Data Pipeline.
- Granted access to the AWS resources using IAM. Also Configured Cloud Trial on AWS console and created Cloud Watch events to receive SNS notifications when EC2 instance is terminated. Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS.
- Wrote AWS Lambda functions in Python which invokes Python scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters.
- Planned, developed & maintained Infrastructure as code using Terraform. Used Terraformfor tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routineAWS tasks.
- Exposure inOpenStackCommand Line interface to create instances, images and volumes. Also have good noledge on OpenStack services such as Nova and Glance, Swift, Keystone, Heat, and Ceilometer.
- Orchestration of Docker images and Containers using Kubernetes by creating whole master and node.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Proficient in usage of RunDeck a job scheduling platform for task automation and troubleshooting the issues.
- Implemented Continuous Delivery setup to create packages from Teamcity and to be deployed to Applications servers through Rundeck jobs with puppet as the backend configuration management tool.
- Involved in developing the ruby scripts for Puppet and create Puppet modules to automate system deployment to scale infrastructure.
- Depricated the usage of Puppet for Salt. Configured base infrastructure using Salt and supported application level configuration using TSM/Hosted Commander.
- Worked onF5Load balancer to set up virtual servers, pools as per business requirement.Configured load balancing usingF5virtual IPs for applications hosted on premise and set up elastic load balancers for AWS hosted applications.
- Configured and troubleshoot the F5 local traffic manager. Performed tcpdump captures for advanced troubleshooting
- Hands on experience in Gated Check-In combining TeamCity build integration with automatic perforce submission.
- Extensively usedPerforceas a version control to manage source code, shelved the changes and submitted the code to the review board.
- Tracked the defects, created stories, backlog items using Team Foundation Server (TFS). Worked withTFSand managing theTFSthroughout the organization including Project management, Build Automation, work Item customization, User maintenance, Backup management, and all otherTFSrelated tasks.
- Extensively used Splunk as server monitoring tool to diagnose, debug and report the deployment issues.
- Used Splunk APM for log aggregation and analysis on different application servers
- Worked on PostgreSQL detected DB replication lag between main database and replica read only data bases and encountered lag to retrieve data from archive.
- Written Python script to retrieve the information about latest job in RunDeck using API calls.
- Worked closely with cross-teams to help debugging, fixing issues and Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to understand project objectives, gather performance automation requirements, design automated tests, troubleshoot issues, and implement scalable performance test automation solutions.
- Expertise in migrating on premise to Windows Azure in DR on cloud using Azure Recovery Vault and Azure backups.
- Worked on Server less services (Azure Functions) created and configured HTTP Triggers in the Azure Functions with Application insights for monitoring and performing load testing on the Application s using the VSTS.
- Worked on Azure Fabric, Micro services, IoT & Docker containers in Azure and involved in setting up Terraform continuous build integration system
- Worked on User admin groups, maintaining account and monitoring system performance using AWS CloudWatch and Nagios. Migrated applications from VMware to AWS using snowball and VM import/export.
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications. Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers. Managed and analyzed the petabyte-scalable data using AWS Redshift cluster.
- Worked on Docker in deploying and maintaining Micro services in Dev & QA environment using ECS/Mesos & Marathon and Terraform.
- Developed automation scripting in Python using Chef to deploy & manage Java applications across Linux/Windows servers.
- Deployed LAMP based applications in AWS environment, including provisioning MYSQL -RDS and establish connectivity between EC2 instance and MySQL-RDS via security groups. And processed data streams in AWS kinesis using AWS Lambda.
- Setup and Implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI & CD) Process stack using AWS, GITHUB/GIT, Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus, Docker, and Ansible.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Anthill-Pro, Jenkins, Cruise Control and Subversion. Written scripts to containerize Chef using Dockers and orchestrate it using Kubernetes.
- Worked on Dockerhub, creating Docker images and handled multiple containers as a cluster with Docker Swarm, Weave and Compose for various applications written in Node.Js.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the Microservices to pull image from the private docker registry and deploy to docker swarm cluster using Chef.
- Mitigated AWS costs by writing the Ansible playbook for auto start / stop of AWS resources at a particular time of the day by triggering it from Jenkins and noledge on Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks, inventories, created custom playbooks written in YAML language, encrypted the data using Ansible Vault and maintained role-based access control by using Ansible Tower.
- Self-service cloud tooling based upon immutable infrastructure and service discovery using Hashicorp tools (Packer, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, and Vault) and Orchestration frameworks (Ansible, Fabric).
- Developed PowerShell scripts to automate the project creation, setting permissions for users, groups in TFS.
- Managed .Net project build automation usingTFSAutomation and written PowerShell script for automating the deployment process.Automated Microsoft Security patches installation using PowerShell scripts.
- Set CRON Jobs to download daily backups of critical services to on-premise using AWS-CLI. Used AWSAPIGateway to makeRESTAPIcall to Dynamo DB.
- Worked with ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana) stack to develop an end to end transaction processing system. Analyze the logs data and filter required columns by Logstash configuration and send it to ElasticSearch. Also Configured ELK stack in conjunction with AWS and using LogStash to output data to AWS S3
- Involved in standardizingSplunkforwarder deployment, configuration and maintenance across UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Created Python Scripts to Automate AWS services, ELB, CloudFront Distribution, ECS, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, Created stacks with single servers or joins web servers and loaded the big volume source files from AWS S3 to redshift with Talend Big Data tool.
- Updated PowerShell scripts to request resources by calling web-API methods.
- Helped in solving update, merge and password authentication issues in JIRA and Rally. Used JIRA for agile planning and issue tracking and customized JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen, permission and notification schemes.
- Installed, Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, Cent OS, Ubuntu, Solaris and involved in installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Used AWS CloudFormation scripts to orchestrate the end to end infrastructure for disaster recovery, cost saving and patching purposes. Utilized AWS Lambda to run without using servers and to prompt to run code using S3 and SNS.
- Monitored the server’s performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc. by creating alarms in AWS CloudWatch service.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure using various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, AMI’S, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in CloudFormation JSON templates. Managed user roles, permissions and grant permissions to access the AWS resources through IAM.
- Configured Docker containers for Branching purpose and deployed using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Defined a multi-container application in a single file, span the application up in a single command using Docker Compose.
- Involved in writing the chef cook books and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrate the chef cook books into Jenkins jobs for continuous delivery framework.
- Automated Apache-webserver configuration, DB Server configuration, SSSD Configuration, LAMP by writing Ruby Cookbooks in Chef.Managed different environments like Vagrant, Integration and UAT via Chef.
- Maintained Chef and Puppet servers and management application that can use ServiceNow data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines using Ruby and Python scripts.
- Involved in installation and configuration of the Puppet Master, Agent nodes and an Admin control workstation, and worked with auto and manual signing of SSL certs, setting the intervals for pulling the manifests, between Puppet Master and Agents.
- Utilized Jenkins to run a PowerShell script to query the Dimension Data cloud application via RestAPI. The job would pull server details from the application, and create a csv file that the user can download from a file server.
- Worked with Hierra (YAML) to define site specific information, out of manifests, created and Deployed re-usable module.
- Created ELK stack environment Elastic Search for Data analytics, Log stash for logs and Kibana for visualizing the logs.
- Responsible to setup Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling and post-hook scripts in source control systems (GIT and SVN) during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins/Rundeck, Junit, Maven.
- Deployed snapshot and released artifacts to nexus using Maven to share artifacts across projects and environments.Involved in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing Jfrog artifacts in Sonatype NEXUS repository.
- Configured Hudson for developers to bounce the application container, to get the application, container, and access logs by using ANT scripts.
- Created not only the adhoc GIT stashes but also post commit and pre-push hooks using Python in SVN and GIT repos. Developed branching model in BitBucket using Git Flow.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and managed Java applications across Linux servers.
- Design and implement DNS infrastructure for development and production environments, including hidden master, and multiple views with Powershell scripts.
- Managed Active Directory, LDAP Services, created service accounts and monitored Windows event logs to identify issues and troubleshoot.
- Worked on integrating application logs withSplunkand wrote several customSplunkqueries for monitoring and alerting.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Performed version control through GIT. Written new plugins in to monitor resources. Worked with implementation team to build and engineer servers on Ubuntu and RHEL Linux
- Worked with AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, Nginx and IIS.
- Involved in Linux/Unix system administration, System builds, installations, upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting on RHEL 4.x/5.x. Scheduled Cron jobs using ksh and bash scripts on production servers.
- Used Vagrant, Oracle Virtual Box, VMware ESX, Puppet for deployment automation and build release.
- Worked with Facter to define custom facts using Ruby and shell scripts. Configured and maintained Puppet DB, and integrating it with Postgres DB as the backend server to export resources.
- Worked with the active-MQ server, to set up mcollective server and agents for orchestrations or parallel job execution on puppet nodes. And puppet nodes are Managed/Administered using mcollective.
- Implemented Puppet modules and manifests to automate configuration of a broad range of services like LAMP Stack, HTTP multiple Vhosts management.
- Configured Puppet master as Jump server by copying all SSH keys of the nodes using Puppet module.
- Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the SVN source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, JUnit, Selenium and Maven.
- Performed SVN to GIT/Bit Bucket migration and managed branching strategies using GIT workflow. Managed User access control, Triggers, workflows, hooks, security and repository control in Bit Bucket/GIT
- Responsible for writing automation scripts like bash, python using Jenkins to push the code from GIT to Nexus.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory) and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Puppet.
- Implemented unit testing framework driven using Junit and Cucumber. Set up Jenkins master/slave to distribute builds on salve nodes.
- Compiled JavaCode, performed Debugging and Placed Builds into Maven Repository by using MAVEN/GRADLE.
- Defined dependencies and plug-ins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Built a load-balanced, version-controlled, Hiera/r10k-enabledPuppet environment and developing puppet module for Automation using combination of Puppet Master, R10K Wrapper, Git Enterprise, Vagrant and Jenkins.
- Installed, Configured, Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring/NetworkMonitoring. Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Red Hat Linux using Kickstart.
- Worked with different Linux Utilities like KICKSTART, SSH, FTP, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, Package Management, Disk Management, and Swap Partition/Files Management.
- Used Python script to configure the Web Logic application server in all the environments written Perl and Shell Scripts to perform deployments to JBoss and Tomcat Web servers.
- Automated backups, user resource limits, solved bad gateway errors in Nginx and php5 configurations.
- Design, Implement and maintain Windows, UNIX, Linux, Solaris, CentOS and Ubuntu systems in a mixed environment.
- Migration of applications from Linux (RedHat & SUSE) to Windows2003/2008 and resolving any dependency issues after live upgrade.
- Deployed WAR, JAR, and EAR files in WebLogic, Web sphere, JBoss, Tomcat application servers in Linux/Unix/Windows environment.
- Extensively used Bash scripts to monitor q processes and making sure process startup when operating system restarts using chkconfig and RC startup levels.
- Configured Veritas NetBackup for performing backup and managed cluster environments using Veritas Cluster Suite.Used sftp, ftp, scp, winscp, and filezilla for copying files remotely.
- Storage Provisioning, Volume and File System Management using Veritas on HPUX/Linux/Sun Solaris OS in SAN environment.
- Configured Jumpstart(SOLARIS) and Kickstart(RHEL) for automatic provisioning of servers using Blade Logic. Used SQUID guard to configure squid as proxy/cache server for internet sharing and to block unwanted sites. Configured Linux firewalls using IPCHAINS and IPTABLES.
- Managed Git repositories for branching, tagging, merging. Integrated Git into Jenkins to automate the code checkout using git hooks.
- Hands on experience on patching and updating of Linux servers from the Satellite Servers, Redhat Network (rhn) and Solaris servers from the centralized repository and using Patch Update Manager.
- Managed file system using Software RAID and recover an array, manage file systems using Logical Volume Management, resize file systems and protect them with LVM Snapshots.
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, Monitor system performance using Nagios.
- Managed account using Active Directory such as resetting password, unlocking accounts, creating new accounts, adding users to GP (group policy), setting up email accounts on exchange server and distribution lists etc.
- Configuration and administration of LDAP, NFS in Linux and implemented Samba for sharing of resources between Linux and Windows environments.
- Linux Administrator/Integrator role in a large team responsible for maintaining of Linux operating systems such as RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu and SUSE 10/11.
- Installed and configured Linux virtual machines, standalone servers for various applications via kickstart, PXE.
- Handled DCR (Defect Change Request), MR (Maintenance Request) using JIRA for change control and ticketing. Disk management and implementation of RAID levels using fdisk and LVM.
- Extensively used SPLUNK for log analyzing and monitored network infrastructure using NAGIOS.
- Supported in installation of packages/patches onLinuxplatforms.Implemented Backup & Disaster recovery management onLinuxplatforms.
- Installed and Configured High Availability, Disaster Recovery systems using VERITAS Cluster Server on a two node cluster for Network file system and MQSeries.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IPtables, firewall, TCP wrappers, NMAP.Maintained Samba File Server for user authentication, syslog domain, and file sharing in linux/Unix.
- Managed TCP/IP packets & DHCP servers, resolved TCP/IP network access problems for the clients and worked with various TCP/IP implementations like NFSv4, NIS, DNS and DHCP.
- Setup Network File Services (NFS), Network Information Services (NIS) and protocols in Red Hat Linux.
- Set, Troubleshoot & fixed NFS, TCP/IP and other protocols in Linux clusters and application backups
- Worked on changing the application run time process using python scripts for WebLogic configuration and shell scripts for database configuration.
- Collaborate with all members of the technical staff in the delivery of best-in-class technology solutions. Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.