- Cloud Architect and Senior DevOps Engineer with over a decade of systems engineering and software development experience.
- Expertise in Virtualization, Cloud Automation, Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD, DevOps, Containerization, Automation and Linux Systems Engineering.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations and tools area (Build & Release Automation, Environment Service).
- Experienced in Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates. Experience in Amazon Web Services EC2, ELB, S3, Route 53, EBS, VPC, AMI, SNS, RDS, Auto Scaling, etc.
- Experience in using Configuration management software's like Chef, Puppet, and Ansible for Automation.
- Assist in designing, automating, implementing and sustainment of Amazon machine images (AMI) across the AWS Cloud environment.
- Ability to identify and gather requirements to define a solution to be built and operated on AWS.Experienced in Bash, Python, Ruby scripting on Linux.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on RHEL and Ubuntu platforms.
- Integration, deployment, and automation of application service. Created Cloud Formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Docker file. Expertise in utilizing almost the entire AWS stack (including EC2, ECS, ELB, Route53, S3, RDS, SNS, SQS and IAM) focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Monitoring the instances using the Cloud Watch Alarms. Expertise using the Lambda for the AWS services automation. Extensively worked on CI/CD pipeline for code deployment by engaging different tools (Git, Jenkins).
- Hot and cold Backup and recovery of Oracle 10/11g database using RMAN. Scheduling of Oracle database backup using RMAN. Managed database using the command line as well as 11g OEM.
- Excellent working knowledge with database monitoring tools such as TOAD, OEM, etc. Experience monitoring and troubleshooting with Oracle GRID.
- Experience rolling out an automated build, deploy, and test infrastructure. Set up continuous integration and formal builds using Jenkins with Git repository.
- Extensively used YUM and RPM for installing packages. Converted and automated builds using Maven and scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Worked on setting up Ansible server for managing configurations.Application Deployments and Environments Configuration using Ansible.
- Written Ansible Playbooks, and roles automating infrastructure for AWS and On Prime servers. Designed Ansible playbooks to manage configurations and automate the installation process.
Programming Languages: Golang, Python, Java, J2EE, C#, Ruby, Perl, Bash
AWS Services: EC2, S3, Lambda, Code Pipeline, Code Build, Code Commit, Code Star etc.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat/ CentOS/ Ubuntu/ Debian/ Fedora), Windows, UNIX, Mac.
Languages: C, C++, Java RDBMS MySQL, Oracle
Integration Tools: Jenkins, Maven, Ant
Management Tools: CM Build, Chef, Puppet Version Control Tools SVN, GitHub
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Cloud watch, Cloud Trail, Nagios
Internet Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, SMTP, FLSM, VLSM.
Confidential, Camp Hill, PA
AWS Cloud Engineer / Architect
- Advised on the roadmap for transformation AWS and migration from AEM 5.6.1 to AEM 6.2.
- Installed and Configured Adobe AEM 6.2 (CQ) publish, dispatch and author instances, monitoring, performance tuning.
- Extensively worked on designing and deploying applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Experience with an in-depth level of understanding the strategy and practical implementation of AWS Cloud-Specific technologies including EC2, EBS, S3, VPN, VPC, RDS, SQS, SNS, RedShift and Route 53.
- Migrated existing web applications to AWS and re-written some components to align with cloud strategies.
- Hands on experience in configuring classic and application load balancers and security features like WAF
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Auto Scaling Groups, Experience with application deployment using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Define, Monitor Redshift Database performance metrics and resolve Bottlenecks. Involved in designing Amazon Redshift DB Clusters schema and Tables.
- Worked on setting up and configuring AWS's EMR Clusters and used Amazon IAM to grant fine-grained access to AWS resources to users.
- Experience in Building S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Experience in Writing programs and Scripts in Python and Ansible. Experience in Database Technologies such as SQL, NoSQL, Elastic Search, MongoDB.
- Designed, Loaded and managed a Redshift cluster of more than 2 terabytes of source system data over billions of records of fare-system and Tickers sold data.
- Experience in implementing Rest and Soap API calls. Used Cloud Trail for Detailed monitoring the log files of Cloud services.
- Created detailed AWS Security Groups, which behaved as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Utilize Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, Dynamo DB tables, and EBS volumes
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud
Environment: AWS (EC2, EMR, Lambda, S3, ELB,,, Elastic File system, RDS, DMS, VPC, Route53, Security Groups, Cloud Watch, AWS Guard Duty, Cloud Trail, IAM Rules, SNS, SQS, VPN, VPG, CGW), GitHub, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat 7.0, Python. Firewalls (Palo Alto, Checkpoint), Splunk.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Responsible for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process implementation using Jenkins along with python and shell scripts to automate Routine Jobs.
- Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes, experience in writing puppet Manifests to automate the configuration of a board range of services.
- Implement a continuous delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub, Nexus, Maven and AWS AMI's. Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios.
- Deploy Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for Configuration Management to existing infrastructure. Create Ansible Roles and playbooks and puppet modules to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing /new infrastructure.
- Designed and developed a multi-cloud based infrastructure (AWS and GCP) to support a data engineering team. Built custom Centos and Ubuntu containers using Ansible, Docker, and Terraform.
- Used MAVEN as build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container service scheduler.
- Familiar with JSON based REST web services and Amazon Web Services. Strong Experience in configuring the chef-repo, set up multiple Chef Workstations and developing cookbooks for automating deployments via chef.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Used Docker Container with micro Architecture to implement Lightweight Directory Protocol. Experience in using Agile and Waterfall Methodologies. Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS, Used GIT as source code repositories.
- Hands on experience in configuring LDAP servers and integrating security to web applications.
Environment: CHEF, PUPPET, JUNKINS, ANT, MAVEN, Docker, EC2, java, s3, auto-scaling, AMI, ELB, EBS, IAM, RDS, DNS, cloud watch, route53, VPC, Elastic Bean Stalk, BASH, Python, Ruby, Redshift.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Java / Python Developer
- Responsible for gathering requirements, system analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Developed tools using Python, Shell scripting, XML to automate some of the menial tasks. Developed Business Logic using Python on Django Web Framework.
- Developed views and templates with Python and Django's view controller and templating language to create a user-friendly website interface. Used Django Database API's to access database objects.
- Used JQuery and Ajax calls for transmitting JSON data objects between frontend and controllers. Experience working on Core Java, Multithreading and Design Patterns, SQL.
- Experience in using an application server, web server Tomcat, WebSphere, and JBoss. Extensive experience in implementing MVC framework using spring in J2EE architecture.
- Involved in building database model API's and Views utilizing Python, in order to build an interactive web-based solution.
- Used Python-based GUI components for the front-end functionality such as selection criteria. Used Amazon Web Services (AWS) for improved efficiency of storage and fast access.
- Added support for Amazon AWS S3 and RDS to host static/media files and the database into Amazon Cloud. Hands-on Experience with Network protocols including HTTP, Basic Load Balancing Configurations, Security Zones, and VPCs.
- Created Business Logic using Python to create Planning and Tracking functions. Worked on UI using HTML5, CSS3 and Java Scripts. Developed a multi-threaded standalone app in Python and PHP to view performance.
- Developed tools using Python, Shell scripting, XML to automate some of the menial tasks. Interfacing with supervisors, artists, systems administrators, and production to ensure production deadlines are met.
Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS), JW Player, Amazon EC2, Amazon EBS, Amazon Storage ServicesS3, Cloud Watch, Auto Scaling, Route53, IAM, Glacier, AWS OpsWorks, AWS Cloud Front, Chef, Java, J2ee, Oracle, WebLogic, SQL Developer, Jenkins, Nagios, Nexus, Linux
Java / AWS Cloud Engineer
- Installed, deployed, and upgraded AWS Cloud-based servers and services in accordance with Federal standards and project guidelines. Built and Configured Linux Servers in AWS Cloud Environment.
- Created and hardened an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) utilizing Centre for Internet Security (CIS) benchmarks to be used. Updated the AMI with the latest patches.
- Utilized AWS to set up Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs) for Management, Production and Testing environments with customer operational requirements and parameters (e.g., internet gateway, subnets, elastic IP, and Security Groups).
- Utilized other AWS Cloud Computing platforms and its many dimensions of scalability including but not limited to: VPC, EC2, ELB, IAM, SQS, S3, auto-scaling architectures, using EBS under high I/ O requirements, custom monitoring metrics/analysis/alarms via Cloud Watch, the AWS CLI, to meet client's needs and project requirements.
- Repair and recover from system or application failures. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues per request from various constituencies. Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tool like GIT.
- Performed all Linux operating system, disk management, and patch management configurations, on Linux instances in AWS.
Environment: EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), auto scaling groups, VPC, IAM, Cloud Watch, Glacier, GIT version control, VMware, RHEL 5.x/6.x, Nagios, Puppet, Maven, Shell Scripting, python Apache Web Server, IBM Application Server.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Linux/Unix Admin/Java Developer
- Installation, maintenance, administration and troubleshooting of Linux. Configured kickstart server and updating/applying patches to the server using Red hat satellite server.
- Performed automated installations of the operating system using jumpstart for Solaris and kick start for Linux. Experience working with Red Hat Linux, Apache, Tomcat, PostgreSQL, Oracle.
- Configured the users’ accounts for continuous integration - Jenkins. Installing and configuring Apache and supporting them on Linux production servers.
- Monitored server and application performance and tuning via various stat commands and tuned I/O, memory etc.
- Experienced in troubleshooting critical hardware and software issues and other day-to-day user troubling tickets. Adding servers to the domain and monitoring them using spectrum.
- Worked on performed data-center operations including rack mounting and cabling. Monitored Linux server for CPU utilization, memory utilization and disk utilization for performance monitoring.
- Monitoring system activities and fine-tuned system parameters and configurations to optimize performance and ensure the security of the system. Performed capacity analysis, monitored and controlled disk space usage on the system.
- Administration for multiple sun hardware, this involves creating domains, adding/deleting system components.
Environment: Sun Solaris 10/9, Red Hat Linux 4, Dell Power Edge 1850/2850 servers, Intel servers, Sun Ultra Enterprise 4500, Sun Enterprise 450, SDS 4.1, 4.2 Solstice Disk suite VERITAS Volume Manager, VERITAS Netback up 5.0.