- Over 8 years of experience in IT industry as a CloudEngineer - DevOps Build and ReleaseEngineer with major focus on Cloud Resource Utilization, Infrastructure Automation, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment, Automation of Configuration Management and Security.
- Experienced in Amazon Web Services provided services like EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, RDS, VPC, SNS, Route 53, CloudFront, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Auto Scaling, IAM, Elastic Bean Stalk, Data Pipeline and Security Groups in a highly available and scalable production environment.
- Converted existingTerraformmodules that had version conflicts to utilize cloud formation during Terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHEL.
- Good understanding of storage concepts. Experience in designing and implementingAzure Storage.
- Experience in dealing with WindowsAzure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- DefinedAWSSecurity Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances. And Worked on Amazon Kinesis to manage streaming data.
- Ability to manage SCM processes which include compiling, packaging, deploying and application configurations.
- Worked on Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages. And worked on Ansible to assist in building automation policies.
- Install and configure IBM SecurityAppScan Source for Development (Visual Studio Plug-in).
- Involved in Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet.
- Managed on-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks. Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife.
- Wrote recipes and cookbooks and uploaded them to the Chef server.
- Worked on different PaaS like OpenShift and AWS Elastic-Beanstalk.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes.
- Rewrote many Puppet modules to modern code-quality standards.
- Migrated more than 70 physical servers (Windows and Linux) into the Google Cloud Platform.
- Involved in managing Nodes automatically added/removed themselves via Puppet.
- Deployed the applicationMSBuildprocess and developed build definitions for new solutions in place.
- Extensive experience in using Version control systems includes Subversion (SVN), GIT, and Clearcase.
- Used GIT as source code management tool: creating local repo, cloning the repo, adding, committing, pushing the changes in the local repositories, saving changes for later (Stash), recovering files, branching, creating tags, viewing logs, pulling latest commits, etc.
- Involved in creation and deletion of alias related to respective indices on Kibana and used Kibana in visualizing the indices that are loaded intoElasticSearch.
- Involved in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Studied the current build and release process and automated the process using PowerShell scripts.
- Efficient experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository managers for Maven builds.
- Worked as part of support team handling issues reported by customers.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm. Identified and resolved defects in the Build Forge product.
- Ability in development and execution of XML, RUBY and SHELL scripts.
- Wrote deployment Automation scripts for multiple JAVA/J2EE Applications.
- Experience in working with various CI/CD tools like Hudson/Jenkins, Bamboo, Sonar, Subversion, Team foundation server (TFS), Accurev and Nexus, Artifactory.
- Created proof of concept for CI with VSTS. And Created manual tests inVSTS test manager.
- Monitored the servers & applications using Nagios and Splunk.
- Expertise in Installing and Managing LDAP, NIS, NFS,DHCP and DNS.
- TestedWeb services /XML/SOAP andRESTFULL services using Soap UI tool.
- Experience in automation testing using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, Junit/TestNG, ANT, Maven, Bamboo and Jenkins/Hudson.
- Continuous integration and automated deployment and management using TeamCity, Puppet, Maven, Ant and comparable tools.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux (Enterprise Linux 4/5/6), UBUNTU, SUSE 8/9/10. IBM Servers, Wintel, HP ML 350 G6
Source control tools: Subversion, Clear case, GIT and Perforce
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle
CI Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, AnthillPro, TeamCity and Build Forge
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory.
CM Tools: Chef, puppet, Ansible, Rundesk
Tracking tools: JIRA, Remedy, Clear Quest, Bugzilla
Web server: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
Cloud Services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, Route53, Cloud Formation, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, Cloud Trail, EBS, SNS, SQS, SWF, EBS, RDS, Dynamo DB, NAT Gateways, Subnets, Security Groups, NACL's, Code Deploy, Code Pipeline, Code Build, Code Commit and Microsoft Azure.
Databases: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MY SQL, cloud
Networking: TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, DHCP, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, SNMP, ARP/RARP, IPX/SPX, PPP, IGRP, EIGRP, NIS, NIS+
Scripting: BASH, SHELL, PYTHON, POWERSHELL, RUBY, AND PERL.
Confidential, Dallas - TX
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Responsible forAWSplatform and its dimensions of scalability including VPC, EC2, ELB, S3, and EBS, ROUTE 53.
- Skilled in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud platforms, EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, SNS.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all theAWSstack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling inAWSCloud Formation.
- Automate infrastructure creation, deployment and recovery using Ansible/Salt, Docker,Terraform& Jenkins
- Migrating servers, databases and applications to AWS and Google Cloud Platform.
- Involved in Planning, deploying, monitoring, and maintainingAWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMware Vm's as required in the environment.
- Used Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Hands on experience on usingTerraform along with packer to create custom machine images and automation tools like Chef/Ansible to install software’s after the infrastructure is provisioned.
- Utilized Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 auto scaling groups.
- Used Identify and Access Management (IAM) to assign roles and to create and manageAWS users and groups, and use permissions toAWSresources and Automated the AWS resources by usingTerraform.
- Worked with Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles.
- Developed and maintainMSBuildscripts to build, custom configuration transforms, and server deployment.
- Ability to work on Infrastructure as a service using Terraform for infrastructure automation.
- Wrote and maintained various Ansible modules for the upstream Ansible repository.
- Used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Automated AWS infrastructure via Ansible and Jenkins - software and services configuration using Ansible Playbooks.
- Involved in migrating applications to AWS EC2 and S3.
- Integrated Bamboowith AWS cloud & configured elasticBamboo.
- Involved in PaaS solution such as Red Hat OpenShift.
- Install, upgrade and maintain OpenShift (Kubernetes) test and production clusters.
- Good understanding of OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Configured Apache Web server in the LinuxAWScloud environment using CHEF automation.
- Exposure in Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) instances utilizing auto scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and CHEF.
- Good skills in Install, configuration, and operation of Red Hat OpenShift.
- Involved in creating Snapshots and Amazon Machine Images (AMI's) of EC2 Instance for snapshots and creating clone's instances.
- Utilized Configuration Management tool CHEF and created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Involved in setting up the Chef repo, Chef Work stations and Chef Nodes.
- Good understanding in Pipelined Application Logs from App Servers to Elastic Search (ELK Stack) through Log stash.
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Worked on Docker/Kubernetes Containerization of cloud based applications.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes andAWSserver provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Used Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Experienced in using theTeamCityfor deploying of the ASP.NET applications.
- CodingGroovy, domain class to handle the business logic.
- Good knowledge in Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby scripting on Linux.
- Built and maintained Elastic Search Log stash, Kibana stack to centrally collect logs that are used to monitor applications.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Good knowledge/exposure in TOMCAT & APACHE.
- Installing and ConfiguringBamboo server and agents.
- Setting up Bamboo plans and jobs for the projects.Automated build and deployments usingBamboo.
- Installed, monitored and configured Applications in Nginx and Apache Tomcat Server and establish connectivity to databases and troubleshoot issues on the fly.
- Experienced in working with Ticketing & Tracking Tools like JIRA, Clear Quest and TFS.
- Good skills in NOSQL databases Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Worked on Ant and Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web and J2EE applications.
Environment: SVN, Clear Case, Maven, ANT, Gradle, Jenkins, GIT, Chef, Web Sphere, Jira, JBoss Application Servers, Apache Tomcat, ELK, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, Windows, Docker, Nginx, Nagios,AWSEC-2, Route 53, S3, VPC, EMR, SQS, Auto scaling, ELB, Shell Scripts, Unix/ Linux environment.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Sr. AWS-DevOps Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWSCloudFormation.
- Migration of Existing Application to AWS cloud. Created auto-scaling groups based on memory and CPU usage to handle excessive or underuse workload without needing manual interference.
- Involved in Automating Regular AWS tasks like snapshots creation using Python scripts.
- Created elastic load-balancers (ELB) for different applications to provide high performance of applications.
- Worked on Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Building and Installing servers throughAzure Resource Manager Templates or Azure Portal.
- Migrating an On-premises virtual machine toAzure Resource Manager Subscription with Azure Site Recovery.
- Designed AWS Identity Access Management policies for all relevant roles and groups at Grainger. Automated the assignment of these policies to users using comprehensiveTerraform scripts.
- Used AWSBeanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Developed Dev/Test/Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash, Chef, andTerraform.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWSservices, which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Created build scripts using Maven, Ant, MSBuild inBamboo.IntegratedBamboo with various notification tools like Email & IM.
- Written Ansible playbooks for deployments to various environments inBamboo.
- Worked on Built a new CI pipeline. Testing and deployment automation with Docker, Jenkins, and Puppet.
- Managed a PaaS for deployments using Docker, Ansible and Mesos which reduced considerably deployment risks.
- Collaborated with development and Support teams to setup a Continuous Delivery environment with the use of Docker, continuous build and Delivery tools.
- Involved in AWS Cloud management and Chef Automation.
- Worked on bootstrapping the nodes, Developed multiple Chef Cookbooks from scratch.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Deployed aBamboo environment for continuous integration/builds. All builds output rpm packages and war files as artifacts.
- Worked on Deploying web applications using Chef by developing the Cookbook. Also responsible for creating and importing all the environments required to run the project.
- Worked on Installing Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWSfor EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed inSelenium WebDriver.
- Performed PowerShell scripting to build code throughMSBuild, as well as running integration tests and smoke tests.
- Installed and configuredNetcoolproducts and components to integrate them with the customer'sNetwork Management, Operations Support, and Business Support Systems.
- Solid understanding of Project Life Cycle Management and strong experience on working of Agile Methodologies.
- Transitioned source control from TFS to Gitlab, TFS Build to Jenkins/MSBuild, and interfaced new build process to Sonarqube. Drove quality improvements by addressing issues flagged by Sonarqube.
- Good understanding on Agile tools Rally, tracking status and setting up velocities for the projects.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) & configuration management using Puppet.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment using Jenkins with build tools Maven, Ant and Gradle.
- Implemented automation with Vagrant, Chef on AWSfor application testing, deployment, and development. Prepared documentation describing the configuration state of each item that was under CM control.
- High exposure to REMEDY, BUGZILLA and JIRA defect tracking tools for tracking defects and changes for change management.
Environment: Ubuntu, Linux, Jenkins, Mesos, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Svn, GIT, AWS, Docker, Bash, Shell, Tomcat and Apache, Vagrant, Gradle.
Confidential, Mountain View, California
Build and Release Engineer
- Worked in team environment to automate the deployments using scripts which execute the automated
- CI and release management process.Created a reusable deploy distribution for the system which can be ported to multiple environments Without having the need to run separate builds.
- Version control system Team Foundation server is used for Source code management and integrated to AnthillPro to build the artifacts.
- Automate Deployment on Open stack as well as artifact repository manager Artifactory, using configuration Management tool like Chef.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks, Recipes, Resources and Run lists, managing the Chef Client nodes, and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation
- Provisionary and Providers of Vagrant are used as building blocks to manage the development environments.
- Implemented Continuous Delivery framework using AnthillPro, Chef, Ms Build &Artifactory in MS windows server environment.
- Wrote Bash/Shell scripts, python scripts for managing day-to-day transactions & automation of routine tasks.
- Developed Windows Power Shell script to automate setting of user credentials and activation of Windows Helping the Project team to get transformed to Scrum methodology using TFS (Team foundation server).Bugzilla is used for tracking bugs and raised tickets to get resolved.
Environment: Open Stack, Power Shell 2.0, Chef10.9.12, AnthillPro 3.7, MS Build, Vagrant 2010, Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2010, Perl, Java SE 6, Junit, Artifactory, Bugzilla, Web Sphere, Tomcat, python scripts, MS Windows server 2008R2
Build and Release Engineer
- Provided technical guidance to business analysts, gather the requirements and convert them into technical specifications for developers to start
- Prepared technical artifacts including UML Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams etc., using Rational Rose.
- Configured Struts, spring and JDBC to map the business objects to MySQL and Oracle Database using XML configuration file.
- Worked on Administration, maintenance and support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers.
- Implemented Hibernate as an ORM tool for OR mappings and configured hibernate, cfg, xml and hibernate.hbm.xml files to create the connection pool and setup required environment to map the tables and classes with Oracle RDBMS.
- Managed Informatica Power Center v7.1 and 8.5 servers.
- Involved in monitoring Informatica session and workflow logs and recommends process improvements.
- Export/Import Informatica objects such as mappings, sessions and workflows between repositories.
- Created branches, performed merges in version control systems SVN and Perforce.
- Managed user authentication and authorization for the users in both Subversion & Perforce.
- Created and maintained Ant build.xmls and Maven Pom.xmls for performing the builds.
- Managed Nexus repository for the current project, created a new repository and provisioned it.
- Integrated Code Quality Tools like Cobertura, Find bugs, Check Style, and PMD in the build scripts.
- Installed Sonar and managed it as a Code Quality Analysis tool to track the trending.
- Used Hudson as a CI tool for performing the build automation.
- Used Hudson/Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Used various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Hudson/Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports.
Environment: SVN, Perforce, ANT, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins, Web Sphere, Fisheye.
Build and Release Engineer
- Provided CM and Build support for more than 5 different applications, built and deployed to the production and lower environment.
- Defined and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell.
- Modified build configuration files including Ant build.xml.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plug-in
- Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Jenkins.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and production.
- Responsible for the build and release management process, automated build scripts and resolve the build issues.
- Coordinating with development teams to perform builds and resolve build issues.
- Analyze and create daily reports on the status of server backups on intranet and extranet.
- Provide complete phone support to customers.
- Build artifacts are deployed into a Web logic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and Installed on different environments.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes on Solaris.
- Troubleshoot tickets on the helpdesk tracking system.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Worked on the Oracle databases in the backend to execute the DMLs and DDLs.
Environment: ANT, Maven, SVN, Hudson, Web Logic, JSP, Anthill Pro, JIRA, RDBMS, Perforce, Perl Script, Shell Script, Linux, Java, J2EE, and EJB.
Linux Systems Admin
- Installation, upgrade and configuration of Red Hat Linux using the kick start installation and SUSE
- Updating YUM Repositories and RPM.Created virtual servers on VMware ESX/ESXi and installed operating system on Guest servers.
- Configuring and Maintained DNS servers, Mail servers, FTP servers, NFS, NIS, RPM.
- Developed shell scripts for automation purpose and Installing and configuring Apache and supporting them on Linux production servers.
- Monitoring servers using Nagios and writing custom plugins and Maintained JIRA for ticket tracking and work flow.
- Created File systems from local storage as well as NFS partitions for application portability.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IPtables, firewall, TCP wrappers, NMAP.
- Performed configuration of standard Linux and network protocols, such as SMTP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, NFS, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP and others.
- Implemented LVMs and Raid level concepts in the production environment to the existing Linux systems.
- Involved in hardening, Linux Server and Compiling, Building and installing Apache Server from sources with minimum modules.
- Administration of UNIX servers like AIX and Sun Solaris in both test and production environment and applied patches
- Build and Deployment of the Linux hardware Nodes to host several KVM templates.
- Created RPM packages using the RPMBUILD and checking the new build packages.
- Maintained user's data backup by creating user folder in file server and applying security permission on folders
- Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Putty and Cyber duck.
- Created and modified user, groups with SUDO permission.
Environment: VMware ESX/ESXi, DNS, FTP, NFS, NIS, RPM, Nagios, JIRA, Linux, UNIX, Sun Solaris, AIX, Putty.