- Over 8 Years of experience in IT industry comprising Software configuration management (SCM) & Linux System Administration, Build/Release management, Amazon Web Services, and DevOps
- Experienced on working Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Git, Maven, Docker, Nagios and Linux system administrator on Red hat EL 5.x, 6.x, CentOS 4.x,5.x,7x, VMware V - Sphere ESX/ESXi environment.
- Experience on AWS Cloud platform and its features including EC2, CloudFront, IAM, S3, EBS, VPC, RDS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Autoscaling, Red Shift and Route53.
- Build a CI/CD pipeline to automate the process using the python script.
- Experience in migrating private cloud infrastructure to AWS and setting up hybrid cloud using AWS.
- Experienced in setting up Amazon EC2 instances, AMI, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), Autoscaling Groups, and Elastic Block Storage volumes (EBS).
- Created snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Designed roles for group of users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) and managed network security using Security Groups, and IAM.
- Expertise in using the Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten the Build/Release Engineering.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs.
- Experience in working with configuration management tools like CHEF and ANSIBLE.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Experienced with Interpreted Languages including Python and Shell.
- Experience in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (Red Hat andCentOS).
Programming Languages: C, Shell, Python, HTML.
Database Systems: SQL Server 2000/2005, MS SQL, Dynamo DB
Version Control Tools: GIT
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, ELK.
CI Tools: JENKINS
CM Tools: Chef, Ansible
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, EBS, AMI, S3, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, SNS, SQS, CloudFront, EFS.
Web Technologies: WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, Httpd
Platforms: UNIX, Linux (Red Hat), CentOS, Ubuntu.
Container tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Experienced with various scripts Shell, and Python for automation of various tasks.
- Replicated S3 buckets cross region using AWSCLI commands and S3 bucket sync policy.
- Build the maven artifacts using Jenkins and Deploying into Amazon Cloud Environment by adding Monitoring Metrics to CloudWatch and the respective Alarms.
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude application utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud formation.
- Creating S3 buckets also managing policies for S3 buckets and utilized S3 bucket for storage and back up on AWS.
- Automated weekly releases with Maven scripting for compiling java code, debugging and placing builds into maven repository.
- Build additional Docker Slave nodes for Jenkins using custom built Docker images and instances.
- Used Docker as a new level of simplicity to defining and creating applications by encapsulating them in containers.
- Involved in implementing deployments into AWS EC2 with the help of Terraform
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform and CloudFormation to build staging and production environments.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers and managing infrastructure.
- Setting up infrastructure for service deployment using Terraform and AWS ECS/ALB/Target groups using Jenkins jobs
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Created virtual images Similar production environment using Docker by writing Docker compose files.
- Design of Cloud architectures for customers looking to migrate or develop new PaaS, IAAS, or hybrid solutions utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience in integrating Jenkins with various tools like Maven (Build tool), Git (Repository), SonarQube (code verification), Nexus (Artifactory) and implementing CI/CD automation for creating Jenkins pipelines programmatically architecting Jenkins Clusters.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the building/configuration of new servers.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS Cloud Configuration.
- Good experience on SonarQube and integrated with Jenkins.
- Installed and managed plug-ins for Jira and confluence in production environment.
- Worked with various teams on Setting new JIRA & Confluence instances for new teams
- Experience in designing and implementing continuous integration system using Jenkins by creating Python scripts.
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes.
- Kubernetes is being used to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers
- Automated the cloud deployment using Ansible, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates. Used Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS.
- Automated Deployment of Java based applications into Tomcat, WebLogic servers using Ansible and Jenkins.
- Created and maintained Python scripts for Automating Build and Deployment Process and Creating Web Based Application by Using Framework.
- Used various services of AWS for this Infrastructure. I used EC2 as virtual servers to host Git, Jenkins and configuration management tool like Ansible.
- Experience in writing Playbooks for Ansible and deploying application using Ansible.
- Used Ansible for configuration management of hosted instances with in AWS. Configuring and Networking of VPC.
- Experience with Kubernetes to automate the deployment, scaling and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker.
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Ansible and Jenkins.
- Built and Deployed a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline using Git/Bitbucket, Jenkins, Ansible, Ansible Tower, Artifactory and Push button release.
Environment: Docker, Kubernetes, Shell Scripting, Python, Ansible, Nagios, Splunk, Maven, Jenkins, Git, VMWARE, AWS, EC2, S3, CloudWatch, VPC, Route 53, ELB, PKI Management, Tomcat, WebLogic.
Confidential, Eagan, MN
Sr. Devops Engineer
- Wrote Chef cookbooks for deploying, configuring and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Used Git, Maven, Jenkins, Chef and Jira as tools for day to day build & release cycles.
- Collaborated with development and support team to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes. Expertise in setting up Docker Host, Docker Registry, RHEL/ Centos Atomic Host, Docker images (Centos, RHEL and Ubuntu instances).
- Experience in Build/Release Engineering Automation with Docker and Jenkins.
- Written Shell Scripts to restore Jenkins and GitHub from daily backups.
- Used Jenkins, Build forge for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application.
- Proficient in deploying and support applications on Tomcat application servers Used Shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Evaluating testing of Chef Recipes - concept of test driven development for infrastructure as a code.
- Implemented Shell scripts for release and build automation. Manipulated and automated scripts to suit requirement.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of docker.
- Well versed in developing bash shell scripts, Python, and chef DSL, creating recipes in chef, cookbooks. Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing Infrastructure.
- Developed and Installer scripts using Maven, Python for various products to be hosted on Application server.
- Built and managed a large deployment of ubuntu Linux instances system with Chef automation, wrote recipes, tools, shell scripts, and monitoring tools.
- Participated in execution of client meetings and internal Maven development projects and codes for testing services on daily basis.
- Used tool such as Docker and Docker compose to create development and continuous integration.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running theChef client on them in a Chef - Solo environment.
- Designed and implementedChef, including the internal best practices, Chef cookbooks, automated cookbook CI and CD system. Written multiple cookbooks inChef.
Environment: Chef, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Shell, Tomcat, Python, Ubuntu Instances, RHEL.
Build and Release Engineer
- Installed, configured and administered Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Setup Jenkins Build server and maintenance.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for build and deployment of JAVA code.
- Experience in User Management and Plug-in Management for Jenkins.
- Managed Maven environment by setting up local, remote and central repositories with required configuration in maven configuration files.
- Experience with Build Management tools like Maven for writing Pom.xml.
- Modified Maven scripts to build the JAR's, Class files, WAR files and EAR files from VOB's.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Used MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Generated scripts in Maven & Bash Shell for build activities in QA, staging and production environment.
- Implemented Release schedules, communicated the Release status, created Roll Out Plans, tracked the Project Milestones, prepared the reports and chaired the Release calls and worked for a Jira Application.
Environment: Jenkins, Linux, Java, Maven, Bash shell, JAR files, WAR files.
- Installed, Configured and maintained Red Hat Linux, CentOS, DNS, LDAP, NFS.
- Installed WebSphere Application severs 6.0 on Red hat Linux boxes.
- Created subversion repositories, imported projects into newly created subversion repositories as per the standard directory layout.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Responsible for troubleshooting end user and application problems.
- Hands-on experience on Linux Installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Upgrading packages on Linux (rpm, yum) and patching systems to maintain the productivity environment.
- Configured DHCP, NFS, AutoFS, NTO, DNS on Linux Servers.
- Performing kernel and database configuration optimization such that it limits I/O resource utilization on desks.
- Red hat Linux Kickstart Installation.
- Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Created user, manage user administered, maintained Red Hat 3.0,4.0 AS, ES, Troubleshooting Hardware, operating system, application and network problem In Linux and Application server, performed Red Hat Linux kernel tuning.
Environment: Red Hat 3.0,4.0, CentOS, DNS, LDAP, NFS, WebSphere, Linux Servers, Linux Installation, Configuration, DHCP, AutoFS.