- Over 8+ years of experience specialized in System Administration working on Red hatLinux, Solaris, Suse Linux AIX, Cent OS and Windows environments.
- Experience in Installing, upgrading and configuring Red HatLinux 5.x, 6.x, 7.x using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Experience in administering UNIX&Linux. Experience in Installation, Configuration, Backup, Recovery, Maintenance, Support of UNIX& Linux Servers.
- Experience maintaining virtual server environment using VMWARE ESXi, VSphere and VCenter.
- Experience on AWS building out EC2 instances & working to set up IAM policies to integrate AD.
- Experience on provisioning, allocating the storage toLinuxand windows instances and doing other security relevant configuration in these instances.
- Experience installing, configuring, administrating, troubleshooting, tuning, security, backup/recovery and upgrading Linux(Red Hat & SuSE) in large environments.
- Experience performing LVM tasks like creating Physical volumes, Volume groups, Logical Volumes and file system.
- Managing and Monitoring the JVM performance by WebSphere Heap Size, garbage collection.
- Extensive experience in Shell scripting using Shell, Bash, Python.
- Experience in transferring files securely Via the Network tools, rsync, SCP, winscp, ftp.
- Experience installing and updating packages from the network, Remote Repository, or Local File system.
- Experienced working with Infoblox and adding CNAME records in DHCP pool as well as keeping storage counts.
- Datacenter Operations including hardware, software setup monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Good exposure to Storage Solutions like SAN, NAS.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using automation tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible using GIT as version control.
- Experience in DevOps for designing and architecting solutions for Software Configuration Management (Build, Release and Deployment Management, CI/CD, Application Environment Management) and Incident Management.
- Experience as a Build and Release Engineering in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
Operating System: Windows, Ubuntu, UNIX, AWS, RHEL, OEL, Fedora, CentOS SUSE
Versioning Tools: GIT, Subversion (SVN), Clear case, CVS, CA Harvest and
Team Foundation Server (TFS):
Build Tools: VMware - VRO, AWS, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible & Salt
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins
Languages: Shell, BASH, Python
Ticketing Tools: Atlassian-JIRA, Remedy, ITSM, Service Now, Clarity
Web Technologies: Servlets, HTML, XML, JSON
Storage: SAN, EMC Symmetrix / Clarion, iSCSI, SNAP, NAS, DAS
Web servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS.
RDBMS: Oracle, MYSQL, DB2
Hardware: Dell R440, R770xd, HP ProLiant DL 380 G7/G8&G9, HP C- 7000, BL 460 G6/7, Cisco UCS, IBM
Virtualization: VMware ESX6 server, VMware Workstation, VIO
Sr. Linux System Administrator
- Administrated Linux cluster consisting of 128 nodes running both on Red hat and Suse
- Added new nodes to the cluster, updated the nodes with patches from RHN and satellite server.
- Configuring servers and setting up File systems, managing Disks space, and space clean up as required, clean setting up and troubleshooting networks issues like NFS/DNS/DHCP.
- Managed Disk using LVM, resized disk space and Managed disk space from NetApp filers.
- Troubleshooting system - OS level and Hardware level.
- Worked on NTP server setup and synchronized clients with NTP server.
- Administrated system logs and security logs, Performed Kernel tuning and kernel patching.
- Managed Remedy Queue to assign tickets according to level of expertise required and resolved the cases to resolution for cases whose ownership is taken.
- Working on FTP, SAMBA and NFS related issues.
- Configured the servers and clients with Veritas Netbackup and monitoring Jobs & Activities.
- Performed backup, Archive and restore operations using Veritas Netbackup tool on servers.
- Day to day administration of Production, QA, Development and Test environment systems.
- Refresh/copy databases using UNIX commands & scripts (ART-tool using DD command son backend) every quarter on stage and development servers from respective DR of that Data Base.
- Re-fired Backups, modifying backup config file (implementing various changes advised by DBA) and solving various backup related issues on DBBS (Data base backup systems)
- Created User id and adding the respective group storage to access the security servers depending on validation of justification from client.
Environment: Red Hat 5.x,6.x, FTP, Samba, Veritas, Netbackup, NTP, DHCP, LDAP, AD, Suse, File systems, VMWare ESXI 5.x,6.x, Troubleshooting, ACL.
- Administered, maintained Red Hat 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 AS, ES, Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application & Network problems and performance issues; Deployed latest patches for, Linux and Application servers, Performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Experience in implementing and configuring network services such as HTTP, DHCP, and TFTP.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS, web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Linux for the development team.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area.
- Created users, manage user permissions; maintain User & File System quota on Red hat Linux.
- Diagnosed hardware and software problems and provided solution to them.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- Updated data in inventory management package for Software and Hardware products.
- Capacity Planning, Infrastructure design and ordering systems.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation.
Environment: Linux(Red Hat 6.x, Centos), DNS, TCP/IP, Active Directory, Windows servers, Solaris, AIX.
Linux System Engineer
- Resolve customer problems by analyzing Remedy records, customer asset histories, trouble ticketing systems, and related documents.
- Troubleshooting user logins using various remote login utilities and engaged users in constructive login best practice including inculcating strong password approaches
- Implemented IP Table and ACL on Red Hat Linuxservers
- Coordinated internal and external resources, other customer deliverables, local systems, other departments and workgroups to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Server auditing, decommissioning of the servers including management of business unit requirements.
- Troubleshoot/fixed NFS, TCP/IP, and Net Backup issues as needed.
- Access Management, patching of server vulnerabilities and bug fixes.
- Troubleshooting, diagnostics and fixing the network, hardware and software issues on Sun Fire and Enterprise Servers.
- Responsible for Monitoring and fine-tuning system and network performance for Solaris systems.
- Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, Send mail and Web logic in Solaris and Linux.
- Installed RHEL 5 and RHEL 6 and updated the versions within the release.
- Installed, upgraded and configured Solaris 10/9/8, RHEL 6 /5.x, AIX. This included Jump Start Installation, Kick start Installation, NIM and CD media.
- Extensive experience in Active Directory Domain Services.
- Managing multiple Active Directory domain controllers, user accounts and DNS and DHCP services.
Environment: Linux(Red Hat 6.x, Centos, Ubuntu), Nagios, DNS, TCP/IP, Active Directory, Windows servers, Solaris, AIX, DHCP, High Availability, ACL, LVM, Boot Loader (Grub)