- Overall 7 years of IT industry experience comprising of DevOps/Cloud, Build Engineering and Release Management process, including end - to-end code configuration, building binaries & deployments of artifacts.
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CENTOS) servers along with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in all facets of full CM process with tools such as SVN, GIT, PVCS, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Perforce, Cruise Control, Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef and Puppet.
- Adept in Installation, Configuration and Administration of AIX, RedHat Linux, RedHat Satellite 6, OEL 4/5and SUSE Linux 10/11.
- Expertise in automating various build and deployments using ANT, MAVEN, Perl, Ruby, MS Build, and Shell Scripts.
- Extensively worked with tools like Hudson, Jenkins, Team City, and Anthill Pro to implement build automation.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Hudson and Jenkins for automated builds.
- Implemented Puppet modules and manifests to automate configuration of a broad range of services like LAMP Stack, HTTP multiple Vhosts management.
- Design and implementation of a Puppet-based configuration management system for all new Linux machines (physical and virtual).
- Extensive experience in setting up Chef Workstation, Server and Clients.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Worked on Docker and Vagrant for managing development environments through creation of Linux virtual containers.
- Experienced in Ansible Tower configuration, setup, and playbook setup.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintain the version across the environments using Version Control tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT, Clear Case and VSS on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Experience in deploying WAR, JAR, and EAR files in WebLogic, Web sphere, JBoss application servers in Linux/Unix/Windows environment.
- Involved heavily in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, SVN, GitHub, CHEF, Terraform and AWS
- Experience in Configuring and deploying to Application servers WebLogic and WebSphere.
- Experience in dealing with Microsoft Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling. Experience working with Amazon Web Services (EC2/AWS) - Web consoles, APIs, and Security Groups.
- Experience in AWS - Elastic Load Balancer, VPC, Elastic IP’s, RDS and S3.
- Created SCM Process, policies, procedures and Release Notes to follow Development and allow QA teams to Release and Deploy highest quality product for the enterprise.
- Proficient knowledge of writing scripts for automating tasks at different levels of build and release using Bash, Ruby, Python, Groovy, and PowerShell for automating tasks
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Good knowledge on ITIL Process and coordinated releases across the projects.
Configuration Management tools: Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes.
Build Tools/ CI/CD servers: Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Build Forge and bamboo.
Cloud services: AWS (EC2/SQS/SNS/S3/IAM/ELB), Azure, Rackspace, Openshift.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, Graphite, Data dog, AppDynamics, Cloud Watch.
Web/Application Servers: WebSphere Application Server (WAS), WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Server, IBM HTTP Server.
Networking: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, VMware nexus switch, Cisco Routers/Switches, F5 load balancer.
RDBMS: IBM DB2, Oracle, MySQL, MS-SQL Server and MS-Access.
Database: NoSQL (mongo dB, Cassandra), MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ.
Operating System: Linux (RedHat Enterprise Linux, Fedora and CentOS, SUSE, Ubuntu), IBM AIX, Windows.
Virtualization Tools: Oracle VirtualBox, Vagrant, VMware Workstation, VMware vSphere.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, HTML, Python, Perl, Ruby and Shell Scripting.
System Analyst/AWS Engineer
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures using Amazon Web Services (AWS), which includes VPC, EC2, S3, Cloud Front (CDN), CloudWatch, ELB, SNS, SQS, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk and EC2 Systems Manager.
- Build customized Amazon Machine Images (AMI), deploy AMIs to multiple regions and launch EC2 instances using these custom images.
- Configured AWS Security Groups which acts as a virtual firewall that controls the traffic for one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Experience with secure-cloud configuration (Cloud Trail, AWS Config), networking services (VPC, Security Groups, VPN etc.) and created roles (IAM).
- Implemented various security best-practices including IAM, Encryption, SSL termination, AD Federation, SAML integration etc.
- Experience in AWS CloudFront, including creating and managing distributions to provide access to S3bucket or HTTP server running on EC2 instances.
- Build infrastructure as a code using Terraform and Cloud Formation Templates (JSON and YAML).
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test, and deploy.
- Configured Kuberntes storage policies for GlusterFS and Amazon EBS storage.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Configured Puppet Enterprise in POC for Windows and Linux Environments and successfully deployed the nodes.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Rundeck and Jenkins.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Utilized Aurora database for Master and Reference Data.
- Created an on-premise CI/CD solution using Jenkins and the Pipeline plugin which uses pipeline as code.
- Created, Configured and Administered Profiles, Clusters, Application Servers for WebSphere Application Server and deployment of applications in highly available, load balanced production environments.
- Handled installation, administration and configuration of ELK stack on AWS and performed Log Analysis.
- Create a Cassandra cluster on Amazon EC2
- Edited Elasticsearch config files and YAML files to meet the needs of the company environments.
- Develop Python, Shell and Ruby Scripts for automation and monitoring purpose.
- Built scripts on AWS cloud for scheduling EC2 Auto Scaling load balancer with python Boto.
- Involved in 24X7 Production support, Build and Migration Assignments.
Environment: Git/Bitbucket, ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Nginx, Python, Jenkins, Ansible/Puppet, AppDynamics, AWS (S3, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Ec2, Cassandra, IAM roles, Ec2 Systems Manager, Cloud Formation, Elastic beanstalk, VPC and KMS), Snowflake.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Configuration Management Developer/DevOps Engineer
- Monitoring day-to- day administration like adding user, group and maintenance operations of the company network and systems working on Linux Systems.
- Involved in developing custom scripts using Python, Shell (bash), PowerShell to automate jobs.
- Worked on Cassandra database concepts such as Locking, Transactions, Indexes, Replication, Schema design.
- Worked on Scheduling, deploying and managing container replicas on a node cluster using Kubernetes and created.
- Involved in setting up of docker and creating new images and getting images from docker hub and performing the builds.
- Key team member that developed a global monitoring platform, publishing high frequency host statistics across a large globally distributed Linux platform, analyzing market data infrastructure.
- Configured DCE security master and slave server domains.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN for Java build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments. Integrated code coverage(Sonar) reports (xml).
- Extensively worked with Jenkins API's to know various things like build status, count of builds, GIT commit version used by Jenkins builds etc. using Groovy.
- Designing Ansible Playbooks for zero-downtime installation, upgrade, downgrade, and uninstall processes.
- Implemented Ansible playbooks on Ansible Tower to deploy 3-tier Web applications, manage environment specific configurations, user access, Mount points and Package installations.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Documented process documents for Jenkins to build CI/CD Pipeline and Code deployment guide for Developers, Testers and Production Management.
- Worked on script to rebalance Kafka topics in an automated fashion using ruby and Kafka binaries.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Nexus, Ansible and Ruby.
- Install and configure the Rabbit MQ environment for the Analytics and setup the supervisor for managing process availability.
- Written unit test cases using Junit and Mockito, functional tests using Ruby Cucumber framework.
- Implementing DevOps automated CI/CD process using Microsoft TFS 2015.
- Implemented the Chef Software setup and configuration on VM’s from the scratch and deployed the run-list into chef-server and bootstrap the chef clients remotely.
- Used existing cookbooks from Chef Marketplace and customizing the recipes with respect to each VM.
- Deploying the cookbooks, recipes using knife tool from Chef-DK Workstation to Chef-server
- Created user, rpm packages and patch management & configuration implementations.
- Responsible for maintaining the run list on chef-server.
- Maintained branches/forks in GITHUB version control for the changes made in cookbooks as per release.
- Developed Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines and distributed images like Jenkins, Selenium, JMeter and Elasticsearch, Kibana and Logstash (ELK).
- Tied Ansible into automation and audit of Linux and UNIX security vulnerabilities by working closely with the security team; supported break fix activities using ticketing system (ServiceNow).
- Convey release notes to appropriate business partners as needed for each release.
- Design application specific SQL queries to troubleshoot raised production issues by LOB (Line of Business).
Environment: Chef-DK, Chef workstation, Chef Server, Nginx, Nagios, Tomcat, TFS/Octopus VMWare, Red Hat Linux 5/6, Windows 2003/2008, Servicenow, GitHub, Jenkins, MongoDB, Shell script, Python.
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude application utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS and SQS) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud formation.
- Configure AWS VPC with public and private subnets and Security Groups to maintain high security.
- Reviewing and approving Change Management tickets to add and delete Ingress and Egress rules in security groups for AWS EC2 instances.
- Enabled logging to export logs to cloud watch by creating cloud watch log groups and grant EC2 instance access to write the logs log groups using AWS IAM role.
- Worked with Dev team to migrate application which is existing in own Data Center to AWS cloud with minimal production downtime.
- Written various Lambda services using Python and Java
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch and develop Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2instances.
- Build CI/CD pipelines for application and service delivery into Cloud Foundry via Jenkins - build and release with GIT and JFrog Artifactory.
- Experience in using various network protocols like HTTP, UDP, FTP, and TCP/IP.
- Worked on Puppet for the deployment of servers with custom scripts.
- Maintained ownership of CMDB, Release Branch and making sure all the versions of the Releases are in place for further use.
- Taking an active part preceding over Software Configuration Management Meetings by suggesting branching strategies and best practices to promote Parallel development and Agile development practices
- Resolving Release conflicts regarding dates and accommodating in various Release/Build windows by negotiating with customers based on priority and other factors.
- Addressing dependencies and handling issues with release of interdependent projects especially in the Web services area.
- Used Subversion in branching, tagging and merging the Source Code and also managed the source code repository.
- Used Subversion to manage Configuration Items (CI’s).
- CI builds are done using Jenkins/Hudson.
- Build are maintained in Jenkins/Hudson and deployed using plug-ins and Master-Slave setups.
- Trained all the developers for self-help to kick of single click builds and single click deploys.
- Wrote XMLs and used Ant scripts to deploy to WebSphere and WebLogic environments.
- Enhanced Configuration Management using (PUPPET) to assist with automated, repeatable, and consist configuration and application deployments.
- Assisted Operations Team by writing specific Puppet manifests to deal with application installations and related configuration files.
- Responsible for scaling/upgrading/maintaining the application.
- Created custom developer tools and workflows for testing and releasing Puppet code
- Trained and communicated the release process to all the counterparts globally.
- Worked on Ant-Maven conversion process by authoring POM Files.
- Maintained all the UNIX, Linux, AIX and Solaris environments for deployments.
- Used Remedy to track the Change requests and Release requests for all the approvals and signoffs and other necessary attributes.
- Worked on installing and managing different monitoring tools like Nagios and Splunk
- Involved in Shell and Perl scripts for compilation and deployment processes and automation of builds and PowerShell for Windows deployment and administration.
Environment: AWS, SVN, GIT, Jenkins, Hudson, Web logic, Nexus, Sonar, JIRA, Oracle, Shell, WLST, Chef/Python, Ant, Maven, Java, Linux.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped the Nodes using Knife.
- Configured and maintained automated environment using Chef Recipes and cookbooks to manage system configuration.
- Guiding Test team on creating automated test framework using Selenium and TFS for web application and Coded UI for windows application.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling, Traffic Manager
- Building and Installing Servers through Azure Resource Manager Templates or Azure Portal.
- Migrating an On-premises virtual machine to Azure Resource Manager Subscription with Azure Site Recovery.
- Developed procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Docker.
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Python and Bash
- Configures DNS, NFS, FTP, remote access, and security management.
- Created a fully Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds, promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins and GIT.
- By using Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution and deployment onto tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Demonstrated experience in deploying and configuring applications on Windows and Linux environments and Create Image, configure, and install Windows and Linux VMs in a cloud environment.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
Environment: Sun Solaris, UNIX, TFS, Windows/Linux, Perforce, C#, .net, Visual Studio, PowerShell, Tomcat Apache
- Experience with AWS services (EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, VPC, IAM, Cloud formation, Auto scaling) and provided enhanced security and identity access management (IAM) for AWS account.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using Perforce version control tools and involved in Testing - unit testing (JUnit) & integration testing EJB's.
- Helped customers deploying their applications in AWS cloud using Ops-works, Code deploy, Elastic beanstalk, trouble shooting customer's cloud formation stacks.
- Working on AWS Auto Scaling for providing high availability of applications and EC2 instances based on the load of applications by using Cloud Watch in AWS.
- Working on providing DNS management using AWS Route 53.
- Worked in configuring Elastic Bean Stalk for developers to quickly deploy application for testing and pushing developed code for testing.
- Created and configured jobs, script builder, custom command builder, agents in Bamboo.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, and Bamboo etc.
- Installation and Configuration of Solaris, Linux and AIX and Windows/NT operating systems on large distributed environment.
- Managing Disks/File systems using Veritas Volume Manager.
- Setting and Managing NFS, NIS, DNS, Shell Scripting, patching.
- Installing, Configuring and maintenance of MQSeries applications versions 5.x, Applying the CSD patches, Integrating with WebSphere, Creating Q managers, local queues, Configuring the clustering of Q managers, Channels, Troubleshooting.
- System performance tuning, User maintenance and security.
- Trouble shooting and problem resolutions in SUN, Linux and AIX servers.
- Procedural documentation of supporting applications as well as SLA and escalation policies to coordinate with the monitoring systems as deployed.
- Responsible for first and second level problem analysis and resolution for system and application tools utilizing already existing UNIX scripts and Windows run books.
- Installation and support of various versions of Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL databases.
- Used various networking tools such as SSH, Telnet, RLogin, FTP and Ping to troubleshoot daily networking issues.
- Ability to screen and diagnose client inquiries and problems, troubleshoot to clearly understand problems (root cause determination), solve problems, use operational documentation (runbooks).
- Responsible for administering and maintaining Linux work stations running Apache web server.
- Expertise in Linux backup/restore with tar including disk partitioning and formatting.
- Managed email (Postfix and Send mail), LDAP and Oracle services
Environment: Java, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Aws, Junit, jQuery, XML, Json, Postman Chef, RHEL, Ubuntu.
Build and Release Engineer
- Responsible for User Management, Plugin Management and End-to-End automation of Build and Deployment process using Jenkins and uDeploy.
- Build and deployment scripts MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Configured Managed and controlled the source code repository, currently housed in Subversion, GIT.
- Involved in Day-to-Day System Administration tasks on RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6. x.
- Monitored, troubleshooting, supported and fixed operating system and hardware problems on several versions of UNIX systems.
- Created test servers using Windows Server 2008 R2. Experience with Active Directory.
- Experience in installing, administering, updating/upgrading ESX/ESXi servers, Virtual Center servers and windows virtual machines using VMware Update manager and manual upgrades.
- Set up V-Motion, High Availability (HA), Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS), and related VMware products such as VM Workstation.
- Experience in writing bash scripts for job automation.
- Developed a RESTful API that provided account management capability as well as security role lookup and management for all downstream dependencies.
- Involved in coding and testing of B2B financial application.
- Responsible for the design and development of the application framework.
- Designed and Developed UI's using JSP by following MVC architecture and Spring Framework.
- The views are programmed using JSP pages.
- Model is a combination of EJB and Java classes and web implementation controllers are Servlets.
- Used EJB for server-side transactions.
Environment: Jenkins, Git, Svn, Linux (Red Hat Enterprise, CentOS), Windows 2000/NT, HP, IBM, Solaris, Oracle 8i.