- Over 6+ years of IT experience as Cloud Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Build & Release management and Linux System Administration and following Agile methodology and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which include monitoring, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance in Azure, OpenShift and AWS cloud environment.
- Expert in AWS (Amazon Web Services) services such as EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53, Elastic Load Balancers, ELBs, and IAM for security and used EBS in storing persistent data to mitigate the failure.
- Extensively worked in configuring OpenShift Origin using Ansible Playbooks by creating components like etcd, API server, Kubectl, and scheduler, controller on master nodes and Kubectl on slave nodes and configured Kubernetes clusters which are primarily used to perform rolling deployments of Java spring boot based applications.
- Created and used Ansible Playbooks in Ansible Tower and integrated Ansible tower with Jenkins to deploy code in web and application servers and used Ansible playbooks for configuration management, deploying and patching through automation.
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or custom - built, designing cloud-hosted solutions to manage Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure and specific AWS product suite experience.
- Extensively worked on routing the data through AWS network infrastructure for cost effective, availability and fault tolerant applications with AWS ELB, Auto scaling, CDN, Route 53, VPC Peering. Also used EBS in storing persistent data to mitigate the failure.
- Expertise in implementing DevOps strategy in different environments of Linux CENTOS, UBUNTU & RHEL servers along with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and in Linux/Unix administration.
- Experience in System Administration on UNIX RedHat Linux Systems like Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, System Builds, Server builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning.
- Extensively worked on GIT branching, merging, stashing the commits, to reuse for a strategical build/release and also implemented reset before commit and reverting the commit before pushing to the central repository if necessary.
- Worked with Implementation/configuration/Administration of VMware ESXi, vCenter, VMotion, VMware SRM 5.x/6.0, DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, SMTP and Physical to Virtual Migration, Host Clustering with HA, DRS and Managing SAN Datastores with, iSCSI, NFS & FC.
- Implemented Chef workloads on the AWS Cloud managed Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud instances with Chef Automate and automate the deployment of applications by launching AWS cloud formation template.
- Managed Chef environment, handled updates, rewrote Cookbooks into Docker files and configured Docker host environment. Implemented environments, roles, Databags for provisioning the environment for application deployment.
- Implemented Ansible for provisioning the environment for both physical and virtual instances using both pull and push modes. Using Ansible playbooks for configuration management, deploying and patching through automation.
- Experienced in automation/configuration management with Installation of Puppet Master, Agents, Puppet DB, Custom Modules and Manifests and Puppet Open Source with Apache and Phusion Passenger using puppet.
- Experience in working with OpenShift platform to manage the Docker container and the kubernetes clusters which are primarily used to perform rolling deployments of Java spring boot based applications.
- Configured build automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle, Bamboo and Jenkins to automate the overall operational environment.
- Worked on source control tools like Tortoise SVN, CVS, Perforce and GIT to track code, revert, streamline development process on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Designed and implemented CI system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, created required scripts Perl & Python to deploy different applications, implemented code coverage, unit test plug-ins with Maven in Jenkins.
- Experience in writing Shell Scripting to automate different workflows in Jenkins pipeline to minimize effort for routine tasks.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA installation, administration and maintenance with ability to create Jira workflow, screen schemes, permissions schemes and notification schemes for JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Experience in Installing, configuring and maintaining Apache/Tomcat, samba & send mail, Httpd, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SQUID, Postfix, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management & Security trouble shooting skills.
- Administering, integrating, supporting middleware technologies like WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server, Tomcat, JBOSS & WebSphere MQ and Web Servers IHS, Apache HTTP on different platforms like Solaris, Linux and Windows.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios, iCinga, ELK for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
Operating Systems: CentOS 5.x/6.x/7.x /RHEL, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.
Build Tools: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Saltstack, Nexus, Artifactory, Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo.
Automation Tools: Maven, Gradle and Ant
Languages: Bash, Perl, Ruby, Groovy, Node.js and Python.
Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, SQL Server.
Web/App Server: Apache, IIS, HIS, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBoss, Glassfish.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, IBM Clear Quest, Fisheye, Crucible, Bugzilla, Rally and HPQuality Center.
Version Control Tools: Subversion, GIT, Tortoise SVN, Visual SVN, Bitbucket.
Cloud Environment: Amazon Web Service (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, OpenStack.
Ticketing Tools: Zen Desk, Service Desk Plus, JIRA
Content Delivery Networks: Aws Cloud Front, Cloudflare
Virtualization: VMware ESXi V5.5, vSphere, Citrix Xenserver V6.5, V7.0,Xencenter, Proxmox
Networking Concepts: FTP, SFTP, SCP, TCP/IP, UDP, SSH, RSYNC, Subnet Mask, Telnet, Static/DHCP IP
Confidential - Dallas, TX
DevOps Engineer / Cloud Engineer
- Expertise on complete Automation process, starting from creating Git/Bitbucket Repos, and configuring them to Jenkins using Git hooks and Git Plugin’s, and creating Nuget Packages with help of Nexus.
- Experience in AWS Cloud Computing Services such as EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, Route53, Cloud Watch, Security Groups, Cloud Trail, IAM, Cloud Front, Snowball, EMR, RDS, and Glacier.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks to configure and manage AWS services like EC2 instances, S3 Bucket, Dynamo DB, SNS, EBS. Taking the snapshots to create AMIs to back up all the production servers.
- To maintain high availability and handle DR backup, wrote CFT to create Application server along with RDS which triggers a lambda function in case of Zone failure which automatically pulls the CFT from S3 and creates entire app environment on the other zone.
- Involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform Template. Used Cloud formation template (CFT) to implement auto scaling, cloud watch through Jenkins pipeline
- Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (V Nets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, and security policies and routing.
- Hands on experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- Designed Azure Runbooks from single HTTP request using webhook, authenticated with security token in URL, started runbook on hourly daily weekly or monthly schedule and also retrieved job status using windows PowerShell.
- Created master-slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds, created pipelines to pull the source code from GitHub periodically and perform builds automated unit test and code quality analysis with JUnit plug-ins, also install and configure SonarQubefor static or dynamic code analysis and integrating the Maven Build tool.
- Involved in automating infrastructure like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins and used Ansible Tower, provided access to dashboard and role-based access.
- Created CI/CD pipelines and setup auto trigger, auto build &auto deployment with help of the CI/CD tool like Jenkins, used Ansible Control server to deploy Playbooks to machines & systems in inventory.
- Managing Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles for Deploying Applications into multiple environments like Dev, Test, Pre-Prod and Prod with various Application servers like WebLogic, JBoss & Apache Tomcat.
- Installed, configured, and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Webserver on Red Hat Linux and managed application servers such as Tomcat and WebSphere Application Server.
- Built and deployed EAR and WAR files with custom configuration settings using Maven Tool Kit and further deployed the archives into Apache Tomcat Web Server and WebSphere Application Servers.
- Installed and configured private Docker registry to store the various versions of Docker images which is used by Kubernetes cluster to perform deployments of the Micro Services developed in NodeJS.
- Experience in Azure cloud services, Azure storage, Azure Active Directory, Azure Service Bus. Create and manage Azure AD tenants and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Developed PowerShell scripts to automate the provisioning of various Virtual servers like Active Directory and to provide software updates
- Configured Chef plug-in on Jenkins to do the automated deployment of the .war, .jar files from the Nexus repository on to Dev, Test, QA and Production environments.
- Installed and configured Chef Server/ work station and written cookbooks to automate the environment provisioning and developed Chef Cookbooks to automate the entire deployment process as well as infrastructure admin tasks.
- Using Terraform we can also customize our infrastructure in AWS configuring various AWS resources and Experience with Terraform to build infrastructure as a code and with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code.
- Experience in understanding the concepts of OpenShift platform that are used to manage the container Docker and the clusters Kubernetes which are primarily used for maintaining the Enterprise server Nexus which manages jar and war files.
- Worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle. Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model. To achieve Continuous Delivery (CD) goal on high scalable environment, configured Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Worked with Service desk team in providing tier 2 and tier 3 escalation support for customer service technical service representatives.
- Monitoring AWS Environment of EC2, S3, ELB instances like CPU, Memory Usage, IOPS, Network Usages with CloudWatch, Triggered Autoscaling and alerts SNS with CloudWatch Alarm, Logging API Inbound and outbound calls with CloudTrail.
- Created and setup application monitoring for performance analysis using AppDynamics and managed the application thresholds using the monitoring tool. Setup Nagios for server-side monitoring and logs to troubleshoot and keep the servers healthy.
- Worked with Atlassian tools like Confluence, Jira and Skilled in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile Development. Experience customizing JIRA projects with various schemas, complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes.
Confidential - Manhattan, NY
Cloud Engineer/DevOps Engineer
- Worked on AWS Auto Scaling for providing high availability of applications and EC2 instances based on the load of applications by using Cloud Watch and IAM to grant access to AWS resources through configuration of roles, policies and web identity federation
- Configured AWS Elastic load balancing for deploying applications in high availability and experience in working on cloud EC2, S3, RDS, Load Balancer, Auto Scaling with AWS command line interface.
- Performed Elastic Load Balancing to distribute incoming traffic across multiple EC2 instances (Creating load balance, HTTPS Load Balancers, Monitoring etc.).Worked in automation deployments using AWS by creating the IAM roles and policies and used the code pipeline plugin to integrate Jenkins with AWS and created the EC2 instances to provide the virtual servers.
- CFT template to create Load balancers, EC2 instance with auto scaling and monitoring on the fly for different environments.Creating an AWS RDS MySQL DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS MySQL DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Experience working with CI/CD model and able to create a complete Jenkins pipeline for java applications and deployed automatically in Dev, QA and Prod environments with various application server technologies like Web logic, Jboss & Apache Tomcat.
- Hands on Experience in maintaining Version Control Management tools like GIT, SVN and ClearCase. Successfully integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process using Webhooks.
- Integrated Jenkins with Maven to build various versions of the source code, configured Ansible by developing Playbooks to deploy the Artifacts from Nexus repository on to WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat application servers.
- Built Continuous Integration environment using Jenkins and created Continuous delivery environment as well as defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in Maven, Python and shell, modified build configuration files including Mavens pom.xml with plugins in Jenkins. Integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags and managed Nexus repositories.
- Deployment, implementation of Subversion (SVN) as source control, collaboration and QA tool. Project management, versioning and blame/issue tracking using Subversion (SVN) created scripts for Backup and restoring Subversion (SVN) repositories also migrated source control tool from Clear Case to Subversion (SVN) andbuildtool from Ant to Maven.
- Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages
- Implemented Jira with Mavenreleaseplug-in for tracking bugs and defects and created ANT and Maven POMs to automate thebuildprocess and integrated them with tools like SonarQube, Nexus.
- Provide support for artifact management using puppet. Used nexus yum plugin to provide yum integration from repository server. Automate the current manual build process to automatic build process using Jenkins CI and its plugins.
- Used Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard and role based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Monitoring and managing performance of ESXi servers and Virtual Machines using Virtual Center server for HA, DRS clusters. Build and add new ESXi hosts to upgrade existing HA, DRS Clusters.
- Experience in Server Monitoring, Capacity Planning, Application and Log Monitoring with help of Splunk. Documented the deployment process (Migration Doc) of code to production on an Excel Sheet. Used Jira for tracking and ticketing.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status and Developed automation scripting inPython (core)usingPuppetto deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Extensively worked with the LAN/WAN, firewalls and routing for Internet and Intranet connectivity using different protocols like TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTP/s, FTP, SMTP & SSH.
- Administering and configuring number of SQL Databases like Cassandra, Mongo DB and RDBMS like MySQL, DB2, etc. Worked on configuring SSL certificates in Apache, Apache Tomcat, thread dumps.
Confidential - Kansas City, Kansas
Build and Release / VMWare Engineer
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for uploading the artifacts. Maintained and deployed the Artifacts, used Udeploy (Urban Deploy) release build and produce products for testing and use in production environment.
- Created Jenkins CICD pipelines for continuous build & deployment and integrated Junit and SonarQube plugins in Jenkins for automated testing and for code quality check.
- Build, manage, and continuously improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts like Python, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according the Agile process.
- Developed Cron jobs and Shell scripts for automation of administration tasks like file system management, process management, routine backup and restore enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Handled JIRA tickets for SCM Support activities. Created user level of access to GitHub project directories to the code changes.
- Automated server builds using Logstash (ELK Stack) by integrating with centralized log tool ELK and built Elasticsearch (ELK Stack). cluster in multiple data centers to provide High Availability.
- Setting up monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk to monitor major metrics such as Load Balancer Latency, CPU Utilization, network packets, memory utilization.
- Wrote Perl/Shell scripts for deployments to WebSphere and WebLogic Application servers. Automated creating projects in Jenkins and Nexus repository as release process.
- Installed/configured/integrated Jenkins with Ant/Maven to schedule the builds and troubleshoot build issues during the Jenkins build process and automatically deployed the artifacts into Nexus repository.
- Migrated the exiting code to CI/CD pipeline viz Ant to Maven build tool on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code, TFS to Git, Team city to Jenkins.
- Set up Jenkinsbuildfarm to distribute the loads and builds to mixed Linux and Windows slaves by creating Jenkins Master/Slave pattern.
- Installed and administrated GIT Source code tools and ensured the reliability of the application as well as designed the Branching strategies for GIT, by tagging, handling merge requests and notifications and setting up the GIT repos for Jenkinsbuildjobs.
- Working with Jenkins continuous integration server like pulling code from GIT repository, performing static code analysis, building the project with maven and executing unit tests, automated tests and performance tests.
- Deployed and maintainedChefrole-based application servers, includingApache Tomcat and also wrote various cookbooks and recipes to support APIs deployment using Chef as an Infrastructural Automation tool.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet. Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes. Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Responsible for all software builds, including continuous integration builds, nightly builds, and release builds.
- Documentation of detailed Build configuration, Build procedures, schedule build calendars and change history for releases. Rolling out Configuration management, Change Management and Requirement management strategies to the development team.
- Build and administrated VMware vCenter 4.1/5.0 and performed troubleshooting on issues related to Virtual Machine, vMotion, snapshots, templates and clone to ESXi servers and extensive knowledge in advance features like vMotion, Storage vMotion and Network/Storage Control.
- Played a vital role in creating Virtual Machines, cloning virtual machines, converting P2V(used standard VMware converter tool), VM-Provisioning (Linked clones, thin disks, de-duplication ) taking Snapshots of virtual servers, HA, DRS, VMotioning.
- Worked on VMware ESXi 5.1, 5.5 and 6.0, migration from physical to virtual machines and managing SAN Data stores with iSCSI, NFS. Involved in migration of VMware to AWS using VMDK Import tools.
- Involved in installation and configuration operating system Red hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL5.3 and RHEL 5.4) in development and test environments almost six levels on HP physical servers and Virtual Machines.
- Experience in migrating the virtual machines between the ESX(i) Hosts using cold migration and VMotion and provided implementation and Data center migration process support, build new servers on UCS environment.
- Used VERITAS volume manager to create disk groups, volumes, volume groups, and RAID’s and Involved in back up, firewall rules, LVM configuration, monitoring servers and on call support.
- System administration support involving server build, installation, configuration and implementation on Linux flavors and worked on Disk Partition, mirroring root disk drive, configuring device groups in UNIX/LINUX environment.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Users, Groups, and Permissions for each group and user, also created & modified users and groups with SUDO permissions in test and development servers and central file synchronization via sudoers, authorized keys, passwd, shadow, group.
- Creating volume groups, logical volumes, extending logical volumes based on the requirements using Logical Volume Management (LVM) commands, also created and activated SWAP volumes to enhance system Performance and Tuning.
- Provided the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Configuration & administration of NFS, NIS, FTP, SSH Server. Maintaining security groups assigned to Production and Test Linux Servers. Managed RAID levels and file system through LVM. Support remote users using Cisco VPN to access corporate network.
- Installed the latest patches for, Oracle on Red hat Linux servers, Configured and administered Sendmail, Samba, Squid servers in Linux environment.
- Created BASH shell scripts to automate Cron jobs and system maintenance. Modifying user’s password policies, group policy, UID and GID assignment policies.
- Configured Networking Concepts DNS & DHCP, troubleshooting network problems such as TCP/IP, providing support for users in solving their problems.
- Installed & updated patches, packages using RPM and YUM in Redhat Enterprise Linux, created and modified application related objects, created profiles, users, roles and maintained system security.
- Monitored the performance of the system using netstat, iostat, top, sar, ps, prstat, vmstat, and cpuinfo to check the CPU utilization, bottlenecks of I/O devices, memory usage and network traffic.
- Worked on hard disk mirroring and stripe with parity using RAID controllers on RedHat and Solaris servers. Resolved configuration issues and problems related to OS, NFS mounts, LDAP user ids DNS and issues.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IP tables, firewall, TCP, wrappers, NMAP. Responsible for Basic Router Configuration and network equipment (Cisco, Linksys, Net-gear, D-Link, Brocade Switches)
- Co-ordinated with application team in installation, configuration and troubleshoot issues with Apache, Web logic on Linux servers.
- Involved in shell and Python scripting for system/application in automating server task, installing and monitoring applications and data feeding file transfer and log files.
- Provided 24x7 System Administration support for RedHat Linux 5.x, 6.x servers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis.