- System Admin/ Engineer with 5+ years of experience in IT industry responsible for administration, automation and operation across various virtual platforms (UNIX, LINUX and Windows) with profile of Software Configuration, Build and Release Management with Continuous Integration (CI) & Continuous Deployment/Delivery as an iterative process and automation of infrastructure including end - to-end code configuration.
- Experience in architecture and administering Solaris & Linux. Experience in installation, configuration, backup, recovery, maintenance and support of Sun Solaris & Linux.
- Creating Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Center, creating VM Templates, and troubleshooting all Virtualization related issues.
- Developing and maintenance of Perl/Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Experience in installing, upgrading and configuring RedHat Linux 6.x, 7 using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Worked with Database administrators to tune kernel for Oracle installations.
- Experience in installation and management of network related services like DNS, Apache, LDAP, SAMBA, HTTPD, VSFTP and SMTP.
- Experience in Creation and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris and RedHat Linux.
- Experience in configuring Apache for JBOSS domains with virtual servers.
- Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Apache 2.2.x web server on RedHat Linux and Sun Java System Web Server 6.x, 7.
- Experience in planning, implementing and relocating to a new data center.
- Installation and upgradation of Packages and Patches for configuration management, version control, service package & reviewing connectivity issue regarding security problem.
- Deploying and monitoring scalable infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) & configuration management using Ansible.
- Experience in configuration of NIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, NFS, LDAP, SAMBA, SQUID, postfix, sendmail, ftp, remote access, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Experience in Installation of Oracle and MYSQL.
- OracleRACexperience with strong knowledge ofOracleASM.
- Expert in writing shell scripts to automate the administrative tasks and management using CRON and AT.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell, PHP, Ruby, Python & Perl scripts.
- Installation and configuration of R12 with 2 nodeRACon Linux.
- Experience in installing firmware upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Experienced in writing Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Experience in Sun Solaris 10(Creation of Zones, Service Management Facilities, Virtualization, and Container).
- Experience working in SAN environment like EMC SymmetrixDMX3, DMX4 and CLARiiON CX3 series arrays.
- Good hands-on experience in KVM, Cloud and websphere environments.
- Experience in installation and configuration of JBoss, Web Sphere 5.1/6.0 application server on Solaris and Linux boxes.
- Team player with good management, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Platforms: RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows, AIX, Solaris
Hardware: HP ProLiant DL580 G6, DL380 G6, DL980 G7, Dell PowerEdge 2850, 2950, Intel X64 based servers.R820, R520, R620, HP Blade Servers
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Team City
Cloud computing: AWS, Open stack, Azure, Rackspace
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, ANSIBLE
Scripting Languages: Shell Scripting, PowerShell, Perl, Ruby, JSON and Python
Build tools: Ant, Maven, GRADLE
Application servers: IIS, Apache, Tomcat, Nodejs, Nginx and JBOSS
Monitoring Tools: Sonar, Splunk, Nagios, Zabbix, New Relic
Databases: MySQL, Mongo DB, Cassandra, SQL Server, Oracle
Bug reporting Tools: JIRA, Remedy, Bugzilla
Containers: Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes
Version control Tools: GIT, SVN, Perforce
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Responsible for creation of more than 300 Virtual machines under ESXi6.x type-1 hypervisor and installation of RHEL, Cent OS, Fedora and Windows 2003, 2008 server Operating systems in those machines.
- Managed VMs, Splunk webs and ESXi hypervisors by connecting them with the help of vSphere client, vCenter Server software through windows 2008 R2, 2012 machine.
- Supported around 300+ Linux and Windows VM’s running on ESX Cluster environment and performed vMotion activities for load balancing of resources.
- Created Red Hat, Cent OS and Fedora VM Templates and performed VM cloning activities in ESXi machines.
- Configured and maintained virtual server environment using VMWARE ESXi, VCenter server, and vSphere client.
- Provided the file systems, performed volume management with LVM and implemented software RAID.
- Installed “Tomcat” server, set home location for tomcat and placed the web application (.war file) in “webapps” directory in tomcat home location.
- Enabled manager application, generated and enabled SSL keys in tomcat server, created multiple tomcat instances and copied all the directories from tomcat server to both the instances expect “bin” and “lib”.
- Configured customized ports for multiple instances and used start and shutdown scripts to run/stop the instances.
- Installed “httpd” service in other machine and installed, configured the “mod jk” connector with Apache Httpd to make it as a load balancer as well as to connect to Tomcat instances.
- Isolated an application that is misbehaving during the testing phase into a separate Tomcat instance.
- Enabled the Session Affinity for ensuring the proper request handling.
- Configured and maintained the high availability for the multiple Tomcat instances through Session Replication.
- Monitored health of Linux boxes where Tomcat instances are running.
- Created VMs with Windows client machines and Installed MariaDB a drop in replacement for MySQL in VM to store and retrieve the user’s information.
- Supported development and operation teams while building and integrating the projects.
- Managed the Jenkins tool by creating user accounts, assigning roles to particular users, adding plugins and dependencies like Ant, Maven, GIT, GIT HUB, SVN etc.,
- Worked on JIRA ticketing tool to resolving the issues and assigning the tickets to particular users and track their status.
- Launched several EC2 instances with pre-build AMIs and defined security groups and logged into the instances using key pairs.
- Attached EBS volumes to the instances and used Glacier for storing the data archival as backup.
- Created Elastic Load Balancer with the help of EC2 Auto scaling group and DNS with Route53.
- Helped and suggested our team in documenting the technical processes of the project.
- Responsible for full data center lifecycle from design and planning, to build-out, operations and DCmigration.
- Executed and worked on system migrations and special projects/product development activities as assigned.
- Worked on data-center migration related processes and infrastructure including: disaster recovery, data replication, virtualization, Domain Services and networking modifications, and standardized testing protocols.
- Worked on technology migration strategy by engaging highly technical teams within AWS (other Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners).
- Responsible for application data collection, the creation of affinity groups, and leading migration move event activities.
- Supported the operations of multiple data centers and the infrastructure contained within them.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, ELB, EBS, CloudWatch, Glacier, Cloud formation), VMware, vSphere, RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.x, NFS, HTTP, FTP, SAMBA, DHCP, DNS, Docker, Kubernetes, Shell Scripting, Jenkins, GIT, Maven, Ansible, JIRA, Nagios.
Linux System Admin/Engineer
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Installation and administration of RHEL 5.5, 6.2 and CentOS 5.
- Configured kickstart server and updating/applying patches to the servers using RedHat Satellite server.
- Used ANT and Python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process to deploying the web services.
- Planning and implementing system upgrades including hardware, operating system and periodical patches.
- Planned, analyzed, designed and implementedORACLE11gRACdatabases with four nodes locating in, the platform Linux Red Hot 5, HP-UX, Sun Salaries and AIX connecting to the SAN storage.
- ManagedORACLERACwith four nodes in HP- UNIX connecting to SAN andORACLE.
- Applied appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Troubleshootingoracleerrors and providing support to customers and developers.
- Performed capacity analysis, monitored and controlled disk space usage on systems.
- Expertise in VMware vSphere 4/5 version ESXi and vCenter operations management.
- SSL offloading, Cert management and Troubleshooting experience on F5.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of Apache, Oracle & IBM Databases on the RHEL Systems manually and also through Puppet.
- Monitored system activities and fine-tuned system parameters and configurations to optimize performance and ensure security of systems.
- Pushing files, updates using CFEngine.
- Creating a local YUM repository for updating packages.
- Experience in creating VMware templates and cloning VMs.
- ImplementedOracleApplication Release 220.127.116.11 with 10gRACon Sun solaris 5.10 on Veritas storage foundation forOracleRAC.
- Performing P2V migration by using Vconverter.
- Patching the ESX/ESXi hosts by using VMware Update Manager.
- Adding servers to domain and managing the groups and user in AD, installing and configuring sendmail.
- Creating profiles, manifests for new servers, and pushing them to servers using puppet.
- Responsible for maintenance of development tools, utilities and to maintain shell, Perl automation scripts.
- Creating virtual machines using Xen and deploying OS, managing hardware.
- Creating, installing, WebLogic Application servers, deploying WAR, JAR files on them installed on both Linux, Solaris servers.
- Installed, configured, cloned VMs on VMware 5, vSphere 4.0, configured ESX hosts, adding datastores to ESX hosts, creating vSwitches, templates, migrating VMs across ESX hosts.
- Installing, configuring JBoss 4.3 on Linux, Unix servers, integrating it with Apache server.
- Worked with project manager and auditing teams to implement PCI, SOX compliance.
- Monitoring of various services using Service Management Facility and Service Administration.
- Installing, configuring Veritas NetBackup 6.5 on Linux, Solaris servers, creating backup polices.
- Designing Firewall rules for new servers to enable communication with application, Oracle 10g servers.
- Working on volume management, disk management, software RAID solutions using VERITAS Volume manager & Solaris Volume Manager. File system tuning and growing using VERITAS File System (VxFS), coordinated with SAN team for storage allocation and disk dynamic multi path.
- Worked on resolving production issues and documenting root cause analysis and updating the tickets using BMC Remedy.
- Setting up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- As a member of the team, monitored the VERITAS Cluster Server 4.1 in SAN environment.
- Creating and maintaining user accounts, profiles, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring.
- Work with peers in the Migrations Practice to catalog common architecture patterns, statistics on recommended migration pattern, and automate detection/analysis of discovered patterns.
Environment: Red Hat, Cent OS, Fedora, Windows, Apache HTTPD, MOD JK Connector, TOMCAT, Maria DB/My SQL, AWS (EC2, AMI, EBS, Glacier, S3, and ELB), Jenkins, JIRA.
System Administrator (Unix/Linux)
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Performed Red Hat Linux Kick start installations on Red hat 5.x/6.x, performed Red Hat Linux Kernel tuning, memory upgrades.
- Installation & configuration of software packages in Red hat Linux using both yum and rpm installations.
- Setting up password less login into Linux servers for users using ssh.
- Experienced in troubleshooting critical hardware and software issues and other day-today user trouble tickets.
- Troubleshoot and fix volume group and file system problems.
- Used various networking tools such as SSH, Telnet, rlogin, ftp and ping to troubleshoot daily issues also responsible to design, implement and maintain DNS, NFS and FTP services.
- Creating and administrating file systems on Red Hat Linux.
- Installation and configuration of VMWARE ESX servers and created RHEL Guest VM's for Dev/Test and production environment.
- Upgraded servers with VERITAS Volume Manager (VxVM) from 3.x to 4.1.
- VERITAS NetBackup installation & maintenance Backup/restore on ADIC (Intelligent Storage Scalar i2000k Library Management Console) using server WindowsNT/2000& Sun Solaris server & taking backup in DLT tape & checking the job failures.
- Installation and support of various applications like JBoss 4.x, Apache Tomcat6.x, and Oracle 9i, 10g, in RHEL 4.
- Maintained Volumes and File systems for Oracle, MySQL, DB2, Sybase databases.
- Configuring DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS and other Network Services in IBM Power Series.
- Implementation of VERITAS Cluster Server 4.1 for Oracle 9i Database Environment.
- Worked on Shell scripts and Perl scripts for automation of daily tasks using Crontab.
- Troubleshooting Unix/Linux network and security related issues.
- Solving various system related issues: such as high load-average, reduction of waiting I/O percentage.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle 11g, Jenkins, Python, Ruby JIRA, Maven, Artifactory, Git, Ubuntu, Windows, AWS, Ruby, Chef, Windows.
- Installing and upgrading Solaris 8, 9, 10, IBM AIX 5.x/6.x, Red hat 5.x,6, x and SUSE operating systems.
- Involved in building AIX servers using NIM server on various IBM Power servers and Kickstart Red hat EL 5.x,6. x.
- Installing Veritas Volume Manager 4.1. Implementing RAID and creating Disk Groups, Volume and Logical volumes using VxVM on Solaris to manage the storage resources and creating, resizing and managing volumes and used LVM on IBM AIX, Linux to create Volumes on the Volume Groups, Volumes and file systems.
- Installed and Configured High Availability, Disaster Recovery systems using Veritas Cluster Server 4.1 on a two node cluster for NFS and MQSeries.
- Configuring, administering and troubleshooting of NFS, NIS (master, slave and client) and DNS (Bind 8.2.x and 8.3.x) in multi-platform networks that included IBMAIX & Linux.
- User, Group management and security policy management for the all servers including Windows and UNIX using RBAC, sudo etc.
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting Apache 2.2.x web server on IBM AIX.
- Responsible for Installation, configuration and administration of middleware like WebLogic 9.0, JBoss.
- Performance analysis of resources like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap from command line using commands like prstat, vmstat, sar, iostat, swap etc. and tuning of the kernel parameters for the better performance of the operating system and TCP.
- Involved in creation of a project plan and the implementation of a backup solution using Veritas NetBackup 5.
- Modifying/writing scripts for day-to-day job and administration.
Environment: RedHat 8, 9, AS 2.1, EL 3, 4.x, SLES 10 sp1, sp2, IBM AIX 4/5/6, Veritas Volume Manager 4.1, Veritas Cluster Server 4.1, Veritas NetBackup 5, BMC Patrol for Unix, Apache 2.2.x, Sun Java System Web Server 6.x, 7, WebLogic 8.x, 9.0, JBoss 3.2, MQ Series 7.0, CA