- Possess over 30 years of experience in the Information Technology field. Implement new skills and knowledge at workplace efficiently. Skilled in agile development practices. Gel within a large team of likeminded and equally skilled individuals. Excellent skills of maintaining smooth flow of work and information.
- Solicit potential clients to buy, sell, and rent properties. Advise clients on prices, mortgages, market conditions, and other related information.
- Assist with the implementation of Computer systems and usage. (NO MAINFRAME)
- Collaborated with the software engineers and hardware engineers to develop ergonomic designs for mainframe production
- Performed ticket and reject resolutions as well as managed production issues.
- Provided recovery of data from the mainframe server to the clients and reload it once the errors were resolved
- Prepared secondary applications associated with the enterprise applications running on mainframe servers utilizing Using: Cobol, DB2, JCL
- Deployed new applications after testing
- Created and modified client application packages utilizing IBM and Linux Operating systems.
- Employed Shell Scripting, Oracle and AutoSys on the Linux side.
- OS JCL, to include Jobs, Procedures and control parms on the IBM Mainframe side.
- Analyzed code and tested changes to the system.
- Utilized Cobol, VSAM, JCL and CICS.
- Supported systems involved with the Confidential Post Offices Change of Address Systems and Fraud involving Change of Addresses.
- Extensive use of Cobol, ISPF, JCL, CICS, TSO Clists, VSAM and IBM Utility Programs to include SyncSort, and IDCAMS.
- Participated in numerous JAD sessions.
Senior Software Developer
- Served as a Programmer/ Analyst on the Supply Chain and Plan - Re Plan System. This system was used to predict local store needs based on a number of factors to include seasonal use and current supply. In addition, the system identified the best shipping routes for new stores.
- Utilized use of Cobol, DB2, JCL, CICS, and IBM Utility Programs to include SyncSort, and IDCAMS
Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst
- Served as a Senior Programmer/Analyst on the Medicare Prescription Subsidiary Eligibility Redetermination Program.
- Attended and participated in numerous system related JAD sessions.
- Cobol, CICS, DB2, DB2 Stored Procedures, Intertest, Platinum, File-Aid and Endeavor were some of the development tools used.
Senior Applications Developer
- Collaborated with the Automated Collections Systems Group as a Programmer Analyst while utilizing Cobol-II, CICS, JCl, Roscoe and CA-7. The CFO System processes aged files Monthly. There was a manual process used by a number of developers to calculate and categorize the proper date ranges for the record extracts. The developers would then use syscsorts to extract the records with their calculated date ranges.
- Designed and developed a process using the CA-7 Driver process that calculated the date ranges and updated a partitioned data set with the values. This allowed the developers run streams(JCL) to access the dates ranges from the pds via the syncsort "SYSIN" and cobol "Accept" statements as opposed to calculating and coding each month. The process was redesigned and rewritten. Appx. 60% less JCL and 80% fewer Cobol programs were used in the resulting design.
- Managed trouble tickets. This included modifications to the on-line portion of the system and made changes to the COBOL/CICS modules via Roscoe.
Senior Software Developer
- Collaborated with the On Line Customer Information System (OCIS) Production Support Team.
- Responded to problems encountered in the daily production runs and to automate system functionality where possible.
- Monitored production jobs which involved extensive OS/JCL to include the restart of abending jobs. The jobs were run in CA-7, (scheduled and demanded). The restarts were done in the ISPF M.8 facility. This position required extensive knowledge of OS-Utilities, SyncSort, IDCAMS and CA-7. CA-7 was used to submit jobs (adhoc and restarts), identified run structures (F-Struts), and file history (creation, modification) ISPF S.37 facility.
- Possess the authority in jobs in CA-7 to add/change/delete authority for jobs in CA-7.
- Served as the main contributor in the design, development and implementation of the OARS and Larry systems, which converted system backup files (Aadabas) to DB2 tables accessed via IBM's Websphere (Net.Data). These DB2 tables ranged in size from 200M - 750M rows. The development required extensive knowledge of Cobol-II, DB2, SQL, Syncsort and IBM's Net.data.