- Around 8 years of experience in IT industry comprising of Designing, Development, Integration of DevOps tools, Cloud Automation, Configuration Management, Provisioning, Build and Release, Continuous Integration/Deployment, Delivery management and Cloud Migration.
- Experience in administrating of IAAS, PAAS& SAAS Virtual Machines and Web/Worker roles on Microsoft Azure and Resource Manager and troubleshooting issues on Azure VMs.
- Expertise in Configuring and deploying Azure Automation Scripts for a multitude of applications utilizing teh Azure stack (Including Compute, Web Mobile, Blobs, Resource Groups, Azure Data Lake, HDInsight Clusters, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), Services and Utilities focusing on Automation.
- Strong Work experience in Azure compute services, Azure Web apps, Azure Data Factory & Storage, Azure Media & Content delivery, Azure Networking, Azure Hybrid Integration, and Azure Identity & Access Management.
- Expertise in Amazon Web Services. Holding multiple AWS certifications. Hands on experience in AWS products which includes services EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, Auto scaling, Security Groups, Redshift, Cloud Watch, SNS, SQS, RDS, DynamoDB, CloudFront, Elastic Storage, NAT, AWS Lambda.
- Experience in solving manual redundant infrastructure issues by creating CloudFormation Templates using AWS’s Server less application model and deploy RESTful APIs using API Gateway and triggering Lambda Functions.
- Experience in Automating teh OpenStack installation (Keystone, Glance, Swift, Percona) Multi Node - HA process using Puppet and integrated Keystone with LDAP and modified OpenStack components using Puppet code.
- Ensured successful architecture and deployment of enterprise-grade PaaS solutions using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) as well as proper operation during initial application migration and set new development.
- Experience on Terraform in AWS Cloud to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layers to create and compose all teh components necessary to run applications.
- Experience in establishing Chef practices to systems deployment with tools such as vagrant, berkshelf and test-kitchen and teh treatment of each Chef cookbook as a unit of software deployment, independently version controlled.
- Experience on Scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower and writing YAML files for Ansible customizations. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Experience in working on Ansible Playbooks, Inventory files, Vault feature to configure teh servers, deploy software, encryption of data file & orchestrate continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates.
- Experience in working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases and integrated Puppet with Apache and Passenger.
- Experience on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Machine, Creating and removing images, handling domain configurations primarily for middleware installations.
- Experience in Scheduling, deploying and managing container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes and converted VM based application to microservices and deployed as a container managed by Kubernetes.
- Hands on experience in administering Bamboo servers and Jenkins which includes install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating plans, installing local/remote agent, adding capabilities, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues and maintenance’’’
- Experience in managing artifacts generated by Jenkins& configured jobs with teh Maven for various deployments of JAVA/J2EE enterprise applications in Agile environment, automated solutions usingPython& managed artifacts in NEXUS repository.
- Expertise in creatingMavenArchetypes for generating fully functional REST web service supporting both XML and JSON Message transformation and usedMavenfor building teh WebDriver project.
- Experience in performing Build operations with ANT Scripts, while implementing teh required modifications in teh ANT Script to perform build operations, in accordance with requirements of teh project.
- Expertise in working with Version Control Systems like Bitbucket, GitHub, Gitlab and familiar with IBM Clear Case, Team Foundation Server(TFS).
- Experience in using Nagios and Zabbix which halps in monitoring network services, host resources, hardware and used remotely by running scripts using Nagios Remote Plugin Executor.
- Experience inSplunkGUI development creatingSplunkapps, searches, Data models, dashboards and Reports using theSplunkquery language.
- Expertise in supporting environments like ORACLE, MySQL, DB2. Also, NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB and performing operational routines using MongoDB, performed backups, security measures and restored backups using MongoDB.
- Proficient with Ruby, Perl, Power Shell, JSON, YAML, Groovy, Bash/Shell, Python, developed python and shell scripts for automation of teh build and release process and automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using Python script and executed them through Chef.
- Strong experience in System Administration, Installation, Upgrading Patches, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on Red Hat Linux Systems.
- Experience in installation, configuration, maintenance, support of Linux and Solaris, Administration of Windows, Red Hat Linux, Cent OS and VMware Environments.
Operating System: Linux (RedHat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Unix, Solaris 11/10/9/8, IBM AIX, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows NT, Windows 8, 12, 12R2, DEBIAN, MacOS.
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, AJAX
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, PCF Automation/Configuration
Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Kickstart, Jumpstart
Virtualization Technologies: Windows Hyper-V, VMware ESXi, Vagrant, Citrix Xen, Virtual Box, vCenter, vSphere
Power VM: Containerization Tools
Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift: Application/Web Server
CI and Build Tools: Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Hudson, Bamboo
Testing and ticketing tools: SonarQube, Selenium, JIRA, ServiceNow, Remedy, ConnectWise
Monitoring and Logging Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, PagerDuty, Zenoss, PRTG, Datadog, Dynatrace
Version Control Tools: GIT, GitHub, Subversion, Bit-Bucket, CVS, Clear Case
Scripting: Python, Shell Scripting, Ruby Scripting, Power Shell, YAML Perl
Database Systems: Oracle 10g/9i, SQL Server, MySQL, SQL Server, NoSQL, Mongo DB, Cassandra
Networking/Protocol: DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, NIS, NFS, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, TCP/IP
Confidential - Mclean, VA
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Performed Azure common administrative tasks such as Created Azure VMs, secured resources and resource scopes, configured various Azure options such as Traffic Manager, Azure AD, Azure AD Connect, Azure Cache, Azure ACS (B2C), Web Apps, Logic Apps, Service bus and Azure SQL DB.
- Designed and Implemented Site Recovery in both Disaster Recovery Scenario and for migrating teh workloads from On-Premise to Azure and Build Data Sync job on Windows Azure to synchronize data from SQL 2012 databases to SQL Azure.
- Involved in Server less services (Azure Functions) created and configured HTTP Triggers in teh Azure Functions with Application insights for monitoring and performing load testing on teh Applications using teh VSTS.
- Managed Azure services like Storage, Data Factory, Data Lake, App Services, Security Center, Multi Factor Autantication, Certification management, Networking components AZURE VPN-Point to Site, Virtual networks, AZURE Custom security, Endpoint security and firewall, etc.
- Configured in setting up CI/CD pipeline integrating various tools with Cloud Bees Jenkins to build and run Terraform templates to create infrastructure in Azure.
- Created and collected measurements across OpenStack using Ceilometer Telemetry Service and Integrated VMware cloud infrastructure with OpenStack to enable deployment of production-based IT environment.
- Deployed OpenStack using TripleO as foundation and used native OpenStack components and their API’s to deploy and manage teh environments.
- Used Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard and role-based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Customized Ansible modules for finding facts about Azure cloud and taking actions to manage those alarms during deployments.
- Installed Chef Server Enterprise on premise/workstation/bootstrapped teh nodes using knife and automated by testing Chef recipes/cookbooks with test-kitchen/chef spec.
- Scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes and converted VM based application to microservices and deployed as a container managed by Kubernetes.
- Developed auto container to automate containerization of new and existing applications as well as deployment and management of complex run time environment like Kubernetes.
- Virtualized teh servers using teh Docker for teh test environments and dev-environments needs and configuration automation using Docker containers and containerized all teh Ticketing related applications- Spring Boot Java and Node.js applications usingDocker.
- Virtualized teh servers on Azure using teh Docker, create teh Docker files and version control to achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to dis experience, along with Marathon and Kubernetes from teh logs and database in teh required format and other daily activities and jobs.
- Implemented CI/CD for J2EE, SOA and Microservices Architecture environment (NodeJS, .Net Core, Zookeeper, Kafka, Redis) using Anthill Pro& uDeploy and integrated SonarQube to get better Source code.
- Managed all areas of Jenkins like Plugin Management, Securing Jenkins, Performance issues, Analytics, Scaling Jenkins, integrating Code Analysis and Test Phases to complete teh CI/CD pipelines within Jenkins.
- Created and Implemented Maven build scripts for teh JAVA applications to understand current Build and Deploy process.
- Managed central repositories and Implemented Atlassian Stash along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance
- Worked on Deployment and configuration of ELK stack for log analytics (log pipeline), full text search, application monitoring.
- Configure Splunk for all teh mission critical applications and using Splunk effectively for Application troubleshooting and monitoring post go lives.
- Identifying opportunities to improve infrastructure that effectively and efficiently utilizes teh Microsoft Azure Windows server 2008/2012/R2, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows PowerShell, Cloud infrastructure.
- Used Python and Django to interface with teh jQuery UI and manage teh storage and deletion of content. Developed entire frontend and backend modules using PHP/Python.
- Wrote PowerShell scripts to automatically restart teh uDeploy agents on Linux machines.
- Worked on MongoDB, Oracle and MS SQL Server DB Tasks (DML, DDL Executions, Log Rotations, Table space alterations, user management etc.
- Setup Nginx, HTTP web server as a reverse proxy to critical applications such as Jira, Jenkins, and IBM WebSphere Application Server.
- Managed Active Directory Services, created service accounts and monitored Windows event logs to identify issues and troubleshoot. Configured & administered LDAP, NFS & NIS in Linux & implemented Samba for sharing of resources between Linux & Windows environment.
- Installed and configured Oracle Web Logic, JBoss in Red hat Enterprise 6.x, 5.x, CentOS 5.x and Ubuntu environments and supported Apache Tomcat and generated SSL keys to renew SSL certificates on webservers.
Environment: Azure, PCF, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Git, Vagrant, SVN, Maven, JIRA, IISAD, VLAN, DNS, DHCP, MSDNAA, Hypervisor, PowerShell Windows Servers, Visual Studio, SQL server, RHEL 6.9/7.4Nagios, ELK, Terraform, ARM, Perl, Python, Ruby.
Confidentia, Plano, TX
- Worked on AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, VPC, Route53, Auto scaling groups, Cloud watch, Cloud Front, IAM for installing configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images for server migration from physical into cloud.
- Deployed AWS with Chef, Ansible and Terraform and used Terraform for building, updating, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently, as well as creating custom in-house solutions with Chef or Ansible configurations.
- Written Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in JSON and YAML format to build teh AWS services with teh paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code, and created custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups and managed AWS Glacier, to move old data to archives based on retention policy of databases/ applications.
- Integrated AWS Dynamo DB using AWS lambda to store teh values and backup teh Dynamo DB streams and implemented Terraform modules for deployment of applications across multiple cloud providers.
- Installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on EC2 to manage teh containers created by PCF. Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push teh code to EC2 Cloud using PCF.
- Created multiple recipes and customized facts for efficient management of teh Chef clients, wrote Python and Shell scripts to monitor installed enterprise applications and to get Managed teh configurations of multiple servers using Chef.
- Written cookbooks in Chef using Ruby scripting language for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end-product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes
- Worked on Ansible to configure teh servers, deploy software, and orchestrate continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates.Configured on deployment automation of all teh microservices to pull image from teh private docker registry and deploy to docker swarm cluster using Ansible.
- Worked on Configuration of Ansible Tower, which provides a dashboard and role-based access control, so that it allows individual team access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as teh Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of teh Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Worked on Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, services and deployed application containers as Pods and implemented a Kubernetes Container Orchestration solution within AWS allowing for easy management, creation and recovery of AWS assets.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Ansible playbooks and Modules.
- Administrated Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Apache Tomcat/Web Sphere Application Servers. Used Jenkins API to query teh Jenkins server state and change configuration and automate tasks on nodes and jobs.
- Worked on all areas of Jenkins like Plugin Management, Securing Jenkins, Performance issues, Analytics, Scaling Jenkins, integrating Code Analysis and Test Phases to complete teh CD pipelines within Jenkins. Created featured, develop, release branches in GIT for a different application to support releases and CI builds.
- Anonymize teh PII data inSplunk. Masked sensitive information such as SSN numbers, addresses when showing results inSplunk.
- ConfiguredSplunkforwarder to send unnecessary log events to "Null Queue" using props and transforms configurations to reduce license costs.
- Worked on Maven to create artifacts from source code and deploy them in Nexus central repository for internal deployments.
- Implementation of JIRA to track all issues pertaining to SDLC and Integration of JIRA with GIT repository to track all code changes.
- Developed Python Scripts to automate various system tasks, OS patches for dev environments, and deployment of applications to testing/prod environments using Python OS modules.
- Managing and performing operational routines using MongoDB. Also performed backups, security measures and restored backups using MongoDB.
- Configuration, tuning, security, backup, recovery, monitoring and upgrade of Linux 6, 7 (RHEL)on different cross platforms. Experience with Linux system administration and virtualization (RedHat, Ubuntu, and VMWare).
Environment: AWS, Lambda, Jenkins, Auto Scaling, Web logic, Nexus, JIRA, Ansible, Oracle, Terraform, PythonMaven, Java, Linux, Apache TOMCAT, GIT, LDAP, NFS, NAS, MS Share point, XML, Fedora, Windows, Splunk, PerlScripts, Shell Scripts, Chef, Ansible, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, PCF.
Confidential - Memphis, TN
- Managed Services like AMI, Security groups, AWS Snapshots and creating volume from teh snapshots, S3, DNS configuration in Route 53, Load Balancing, Auto Scaling, IAM.
- Design roles and groups usingAWSidentity and access management (IAM), and manage network using Security Groups, Network Access Control Lists with services provided by IAM.
- Responsible for maintaining multiple Testing/QA Environments and erection of teh PROD Environment in AWS and worked on AWS cloud watch for monitoring teh application infrastructure and used AWS email services for notifying.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled teh traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances and monitored teh accepted and rejected IP traffic going to and from teh instances by creating a flow log for a VPC, subnet, or individual network interface.
- Capable of doingAnsiblesetup, managing hosts file, using Yaml linter, authoring various playbooks and custom modules withAnsible.
- Created Monsoon instance status page to search teh instance and platform information. Migrated Monsoon metadata web app to Docker container
- Implemented teh setup for master slave infrastructure to enhance teh performance of Jenkins where teh projects are teh part of release process and were written in shell scripts and used Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments into Nexus.
- Monitoring of deployment solutions and spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agent and Configured various plugins for Jenkins for automation of teh workflow and to optimize and smooth running of build jobs.
- Created Maven POMs to automate teh build process for teh new projects and integrated them with third party tools like, SonarQube, Nexus and created artifacts through source code and internal deployment in Nexus repository.
- Coordinated developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Worked closely with Application Teams to create newSplunkdashboards for Operation teams and Created Regular Expressions for Field Extractions and Field Transformations inSplunk. Troubleshooting Splunk search quotas, monitor Inputs, WMI Issues, Splunk crash logs and Alert scripts.
- Responsible for performance monitoring of teh API's using Grafana for log monitoring, Dynatrace for web request, response time and CPU percentage.
- Implemented and maintained Apache HTTPD, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SAMBA, SQUID, Postfix, send mail, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management & Security trouble shooting skills.
- Built Python scripts to identify and correct erroneous data in PostgreSQL database using clustering, regression, and statistics.
- Configuring UNIX environments for Oracle Databases such as kernel configurations, file system layouts, or file configurations. Resolved boot issues and maintenance of server issues using rescue mode and single user mode and involving in building new Linux Physical and Virtual servers using kickstart and PXE boot.
- Involved in Installing, Configuring and Administering Red Hat Linux 5.0, 7.0, 8.0 using JUMPSTART, Interactive and KICKSTART installations. Taken part in trouble shooting issues Linux Servers.
Environment: AWS, Linux, Perl, Python, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, PHP, Ruby, Maven, JIRA, GIT, Vagrant, SVN, Nexus, NagiosJIRA, Java, ANT, RHEL 6.7/6.8/7.1/7.2, Bash, C#, PowerShell, NT Command Shell.
Confidential -Raleigh, NC
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Bamboo based software for build system & delivering SW Builds and Managed user autantication and authorization for teh users in both Subversion & Perforce.
- Configured teh Bamboo set up where defining, scheduling jobs, invoking external scripts is teh primary criteria, built and performed integration tests that are to be triggered automatically as soon as a developer commits code (continuous integration).
- Resolved update and merge password autantication issues in Bamboo and Jira and involved in implementing Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira, Bamboo) especially for teh issue tracking application(Jira).
- Managed and optimize teh Continuous Integration using Bamboo and troubleshoot teh deployment build issues using teh trigged logs and Created multi-stage build plans, set up triggers to start builds upon commits, and assigned agents to your critical builds and deployments using Bamboo.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Shell and Python. Created and modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml. Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Builtscriptingfor automation and monitoring usingPython, Perl and Shell scripts for windows system and automating teh administrative task and management using crontabs.
- Developed unit and functional tests in Python and Ruby to deploy Java applications across Linux servers and created custom developer tools, workflows for testing and releasing Puppet code.
- Automated Deployment of Java based applications into Tomcat, WebLogic servers using Puppet and Jenkins.
- Responsible for creating puppet modules and manifest files from scratch and managed in editing existing puppet manifests and automated manual installation processes using puppet. Deployed puppet, puppet dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- ConfiguredSplunkforwarder to send unnecessary log events to "Null Queue" using props and transforms configurations to reduce license costs.
- Creating and setting up NFS Mount Points on Red hat Linux, Solaris where teh administration and support of Unix Servers including SUSE, HP-UX is teh crucial part in managing teh servers.
- Managed Linux staging, testing environments and automated application packaging and deployments and creating Build environments on windows/Linux servers - Installing Build software and making systems ready to use for build setups.
- Installed a PHP based on Linux kickstart solution that allows for teh building of profiles based on IP address- dis system allows for rapid installation of new Linux systems.
- Managed Relational databases like Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL Developer and MYSQL and NoSQL database- MongoDB, DynamoDB and Cassandra.
Environment: ANT, Maven, Puppet, Bamboo, JIRA, SDLC, Shell, Apache Tomcat Servers, Agile, Perl, Junit, Tomcat application server 7.x/6.x/5.x, RHEL 7,6.6,6.7, Java, Python, DynamoDB, Cassandra, PHP, Linux, Apache, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, MS Office.
Sr. Linux Administrator
- Administration of Windows Servers, Domains, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SharePoint, System Center, Lync and Exchange
- Conduct day-to-day tasks in RHEL that included upgrading rpms, kernel, HBA driver, configuring SAN Disks, multipathing and LVM file system.
- Configured and installed Red Hat and Centos Linux Servers on both virtual machine and bare metal Installation.
- Created, cloned Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware Virtual Client migrating servers between ESX hosts.
- Performed RPM and YUM package installations, patch and server management.
- Implemented and VMware, vSphere ESXi 5.x, 4.x, ESX 3.x platform, vCenter 5.x, 4.x and consolidating resources via Virtualization VMware & Hyper-V.
- Solid network and systems troubleshooting experience with HTTP\HTTPS, SFTP, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH, NTP and TCP/IP, Internet Security, encryption.
- Performed UNIX System Administration. Fine tuning, Kernel debugging, process scheduling, disk and file system me/O, kernel internals, TCP/IP communications.
- Management of user accounts, files and directory permissions, and securing UNIX systems to match industry best practices.
- Working on Volume management, Disk Management, software RAID solutions using VERITAS Volume manager & Solaris Volume Manager.
- Worked in Storage Area Network/SAN, EMC Symmetrix.
Environment: Solaris, RHEL, Linux, SAN, AIX, DNS, Scripting, VM's, Kickstart Server, Firewalls
- Worked as a system administrator with concentration on supporting and expanding production environments, taking responsibility, and engaging in IT operations, infrastructure design, implementation, monitoring, troubleshooting, consultation, vendor and project management.
- Deployed and administered Microsoft SQL Server in standalone and clustered environments.
- Managed, and supported Windows 7, Server 2008, Linux, VMware and Active Directory domain network in multi-locations.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere.
- Responsible for installing and configuring VMware setup and Worked on deployment of applications on VMware and VCenter.
- File system tuning, growing, and shrinking with VERITAS File system and LVM
- Installed and configured DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, NFS server and clients, Assigning IP addresses to client hosts, and performed Troubleshooting.
- Utilized KICKSTART, SSH, FTP, AUTOFS, User Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files management.
- Involved in complete Administration tasks on UNIX, RedHat Linux and Solaris and documentation for teh projects executed.
- Worked with supporting 24x7 production computing environments and providing on-call and weekend support.
Environment: LVM, Kickstart, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, RIP, FTP, TFTP, NFS Terminal Services, SSH, SNMP, SMTP, NFS, NIS, Microsoft Windows, Linux, VMware workstation, virtual box, Red Hat.