- Over7 years of experience in Build Engineering, Release/Change Management, Software Configuration Management (SCM), Process Automation for code and build Environments, Deployment and Scripting.
- Good understanding of Software Development Methodologies like Traditional (Waterfall), Agile/Scrum, RUP, SDLC, ALM, ITIL and other best practices.
- Diverse Experience having worked in various domains - Financial, Insurance, Telecom and Healthcare
- Comprehensive knowledge of supporting languages, technologies and operating systems.
- Skilled technical leader, can direct multiple tasks efficiently, team player, deadline-driven, and ability to communicate to all levels of management and staff.
- Administration, deployment, automation and management experience of various Version Control Systems like Apache Subversion (SVN), GIT, Perforce, Confidential, Team Foundation Server (TFS), IBM ClearCase and IBM Rational Team Concert.
- Expertise in Build Automation and Continuous Integration tools such as Apache ANT, Maven, Make, Jenkins/Hudson, AntHill Pro, Bamboo, Cruise Control, and TeamCity.
- In-depth knowledge Jenkins/Hudson Continuous Integration Server - Installation, Configuration, Design and Administration and integrating these tools with other systems.
- Designing, Creating and Managing Continuous Build and Continuous Integration environments for agile projects, combining and automating tools with build processes tuned to provide detailed metrics.
- Assisted in planning and development of single-click application stacks in AWS CloudFormation and AWS EC2.
- Building/Deploying of java and .Net applications to web and Application Servers in Dev/SIT/QA/UAT/Production environments.
- Working with Issue tracking, change management, Incident tracking and Quality Assurance tools for tracking/documenting changes within the Application Cycle Life Management (ALM).
- Understanding of Oracle EBS and MS SQL Server DB Tasks (DML, DDL Executions, Log Rotations, Table space alterations, user management etc.).
- Involved in Customization of Build Activities, WorkItems, Reports etc., in TFS 2008/2010/2012.
- Design, integration, deployment and automation of J2EE Application servers - JBoss, Apache Tomcat, GlassFish, WebSphere (Portal, BPM, MQ, ESB, Application Server, IIIS and Data Stage) and WebLogic Application Server across UNIX, Windows and Linux platforms.
- Developing Apache Ant, Apache Maven and Nexus Maven repository management to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web and J2EE applications to the above platforms.
- Scripting in several languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows Environments - PERL, Python, Shell, PHP, Java, Korn, Ksh, Csh, Bash, MS DOS & VB script etc.
Platforms: Windows XP/2000/Vista, Windows 7, UNIX, HP-UX, Red hat Enterprise Linux 4/5, Sun Solaris 10/9/8/7, iOS, Android
Languages: C, C++, Java/J2EE, VB.net, ASP.net, C#
Database System: SQL DBA, SQL Server 2005/2007/2012 , Oracle 9i/10g-PL/SQL, MS Access
Scripting Languages: PERL, BASH Shell, Kornshell, Puppet, Chef, Python, PHP, Ruby, VB Script, Batch Script, Ansible
Version Control: Confidential, Subversion (SVN), GIT, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Perforce, ClearCase, Rational Team Concert, PVCS, Mercurial, Bazaar
Tracking/Defect Management: Clear Quest, Bugzilla, Remedy, JIRA, HP Service Center, Fisheye, Rally, Crucible.
Build: Apache Ant, Maven, Gradle, Groovy/Grails, Nant, Make, GNU make.
CI/Automation: Jenkins/Hudson, AntHill Pro, Bamboo, Cruise Control, TeamCity, BuildForge, Artifactory, Nexus, SonarQube, Cucumber, Xunit, WebDriver
Application Servers: JBoss, Apache Tomcat, Web logic, Web sphere V7/V8/V8.5, GlassFish, Atlassian Tools, IIS 7.0
BUILD & RELEASE ENGINEER
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Coordinate all build and release activates, ensure release processes is well documented source control repositories including branching and tagging.
- Maintaining Subversion (SVN) and GIT repositories, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development for automatingbuildswith Jenkins and AnthillPro.
- Created Jenkins Workflows for pre deployment process (DB execution, Environment configuration changes etc.) on both QA and preproduction Environments.
- Used Maven tobuildrpms from source code checked out from GIT and Subversion repository, with Jenkins being the Continuous Integration Server and Artifactory as repository manager.
- Developedbuildand deployment scripts using Maven (Pom.xml) and ANT (build.xml) asbuildtools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments
- Experience integrating JUnit, FindBugs, Checkstyle code analysis and testing during thebuild.
- Used Shell and Perl scripting to deploy artifacts that are built by Ant and Maven.
- Managed and performed the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Deployed the archives to Apache Tomcat web server and WebSphere Application Servers.
- Performed IBM WebSphere Administrative tasks like installing WAS, Configuring ND, Cell, Nodes, and Cluster.
- Monitoring and tracking code migration, coordinating & managing 'Issues' & 'Escalations' in all environments (i.e. Integration, Sys. Test, UAT, Performance/Tech. Test, Training & Staging environments) & final migration into Production Environment.
- Served as a partial administrator for UNIX and AIX machines.
- Performed re-starts and xml configs and post deploy setups and carried application up for testing
- Driving the monthly and weekly on-call deployments of application code to Production environments.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Git, Jenkins, AntHill Pro, Artifactory, Java/J2EE, Ant, Maven, Linux, XML, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere 6.1, Oracle, JUnit, Unix, Aix, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.
BUILD & RELEASE ENGINEER
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, andreleasetracking and reporting, on UNIX platform.
- Responsible for Development -Testing, Staging, Pre-Production and ProductionBuildsand Releases.
- Configuring and maintaining the code in Subversion and ClearCase.
- Developedbuildand deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN asbuildtools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Maintained two Jenkins servers and one Bamboo server to deploy into production and non-production environments.
- Integrated Maven with Subversion to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Created analytical matrices reports, dash boards forreleaseservices based on JIRA tickets.
- Finally reach continuous delivery and Build clouds with Openstack and AWS.
- Working closely with the setting up of the Configuration Management tools Puppet and automation of the infrastructure with Chef that included migrating from the current infrastructure workflow to the new workflow.
- Fisheye used to extract the information from repository and Crucible used to code review.
- Integration ofBuildForge with BladeLogic and raising abuildrequest through ClearQuest.
- Deployed Enterprise Application Archive (EAR), Web Application Archive (WAR), JSP's, and Servlets in staging and production.
- Buildsand deploys J2EE application in WebSphere 6.1and 7.1 using python scripts.
- Created and maintained PERL scripts for automation of build and release process.
- Documentation of detailedbuildconfiguration,Buildprocedures and change history for releases.
- Coordinated applicationreleasewith developer, DBA, QA and project management teams.
- Prepared Migration logs for everyreleaseand maintained the data accuracy and identifying the testing Environment and confirmed the Current Code Level and PlannedRelease schedules.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), ClearCase, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Puppet, Chef, Bamboo, JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible, ClearQuest, BuildForge, PERL, AWS CloudFormation, Python, ERP, WebSphere.
S BUILD & RELEASE ENGINEER
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Design and develop build and packaging tools for continuous integration build and reporting. Automate the build and release cycles.
- Maintained and administered source code archive databases (e.g., Source Repository for version management of source code which included Subversion, PVCS Suite and TFS; and Bug Reporting for adding users and fields, and changing permissions). Installed tools for internal clients, and monitored compliance and usage.
- Worked as a TFS Administrator - responsible for creating Tags, Branches and Branch Merges.
- Customize Team Foundationbuildsby adding custom targets.
- Effectively performed critical releases for the environments including SIT, UAT and PROD.
- Converted oldbuildsusing MAKE to ANT and XML for doing Javabuild.
- Installed and administered repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and Ant and to store the dependent jars which are used during thebuild.
- Responsible for CI environments (Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar)and implemented Automated Application Deployment using chef.
- Deploy the source code onto IIS server for .Net Applications and to webserver (Tomcat) for Java applications.
- Created analytical matrices reports, dash boards forreleaseservices based on Rally tickets.
- Set up and maintained fully automated Build and Test processes for Apple iOS and Android devices
- Installed and configured Tools for Jenkins Continuous Integration environment from scratch for iOS buildsand Deployments.
- Worked with Xcode tobuildiOS applications and deployed for distribution and involved in setting up the provisioning profiles, changingbuildsettings as required.
- Deployment of application to the Tomcat/ WebSphere Application Server and updated the Database Tables running the Database Scripts.
Environment: PVCS, TFS, Maven, Make, Ant, Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar, ClearQuest, Chef, Apache Tomcat, IIS, Python, PHP, Rally, iOS, Xcode, Shell Scripts, MYSQL
MIDDLEWARE ADMIN/JBOSS/WEBSERVICES ADMINISTRATOR
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- ReleaseEngineerfor a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases and implemented Continuous Integration Process.
- Configured and deployed AntHillPro in Solaris 10 environment with multiple zones/containers, using Oracle database and multiple Confidential servers and repositories. Configured services using SMF and XML.
- Maintained the Perforce source control system, including system administration, branch management, backup procedures, and user support for 50 users.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Set policies for revision control (Perforce) for all users - engineering, 2d web developers, and 3d artists.
- Automatedbuildsand deployments of business-critical customer-facing J2EE web applications into Websphere 6.x application server environment on Solaris 10 platform.
- Providing configuration services on multiple platforms in test environment running on one or more IT Platforms: Maven, Client/server, Jenkins, MSBuild, Microsoft Windows NT, OS/390, UNIX.
- Sending the Uptime and Downtime notifications to teams regarding Servers Status as a part of the BuildEngineerrole at the time of deploying the EAR and WAR package in JBoss 4.3 Admin Console
- Buildsand deploys J2EE application in JBoss using Python scripts.
- Maintained Defect Fix Deployments and documented the deployed files in the appropriate Environment Migration log.
Environment: Confidential, Perforce, Git/Stash, Maven, Jenkins, JBoss, Solaris, Python, Ruby, MS Build, WebSphere, Java/J2EE, Bugzilla, Visual Studio 2010/2013.
- Worked asReleaseEngineerfor a team that involved different development teams and multiple synchronized software releases.
- Developed and implemented SoftwareReleaseManagement strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Subversion (SVN)
- Performed user management for Subversion.
- Performed Branching, merging and tagging on SVN repositories.
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely with the Data Center, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes
- Developedbuildscripts using ANT asbuildtool.
- Installed and configured Hudson for continuous integration.
- Performed user management for Hudson.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), ANT, Hudson, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, Tomcat.