- Having 9+ years of comprehensive experience in IT.
- Having 4 Year’s experience in the areas of designing, developing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Monitoring of Enterprise level distributed applications.
- Experience in building an automated build pipeline and deployment, by implementing DevOps principles CI, CD, CM and agile and lean software development methodologies to seamlessly deliver high quality software applications to the end users at the speed of need generating value for the company and the customers.
- Experience in working as a DevOps Engineer, Build & Release Engineer, System Administrator operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, SCM, Incident and Change Management).
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experienced in implementing and configuring Devops tools like Git bash, Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, Ansible, Chef and Nagios in various Linux distributions.
- Experience in configuring, monitoring, upgrading and maintaining IAAS.
- Hands on experience in configuring boot process, partitioning hard drive, creating and mounting file systems/swap storage, configuring networking and software applications management in Linux/Unix.
- Experience in setting up source code migration plans, road maps for implementing new tools/Technologies for various build system, Disaster recovery process at Project/product level.
- Conversant with all phases of Agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving System Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation and Technical Support.
- Good knowledge on creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower and expertise in writing Ansible Playbooks.
- Knowledge on configuration management automation tools and has worked on integrating Ansible.
- Strong coding/scripting skills like Redhat, Linux BASH Shell to automate various jobs in the build pipeline.
- Knowledge in AzurePlatform Development, Deployment Concepts, hosted Cloud Services, platform as a service(paas) and close interface with Windows Azure Multi - factor Authentications
- Good at managing, hosting, and planning for Azure Infrastructure, implementing and deploying workloads on Azure virtual machines (VMs).
- Experience in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, S3, VPC, EBS, ELB, IAM, AMI, SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch.
- Experience in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war, jar& ear from source code.
- Extensively worked with automation tools like Jenkins, to implement the End-to-End Automation.
- Extensively worked with Puppet on developing modules and manifests to automate infrastructure provisioning and configuration management across multiple nodes in the cluster.
- Possess experience of working with automated deployment tools like uDeploy
- Knowledge on Udeploy, Application Deployment Automation Tools.
- Experience in using Tomcat apache servers and Docker containers for deployment.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios, and iCinga for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Good knowledge and hands on Experience in some monitoring tools like Data log, New Relic, Cacti etc.
- Experience automating deployments on Servers using JBoss, Tomcat, and Web sphere.
- Knowledge on Heat Orchestration Template, working open stack, to launch different cloud applications.
- Experience in using virtual machines and containerization.
- Worked extensively with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality center.
- Ability to work closely with teams, in order to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Effective Team player with good communication skills, and outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills with results oriented dedication towards goals and ability to quickly learn new technology.
- Strong analytical skills, able to work with technicians from various engineering disciplines to troubleshoot complex system-level issues.
- Consistent track record for implementing long-term solutions, client satisfaction and providing quality CM service to all stakeholders.
- Strong unit testing and debugging skills.
Build Tools/DevOps: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Udeploy
CI Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo
Bug Tracking & Testing: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center, Junit, Clear Quest
Configuration Management: Ansible
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
Cloud Computing: AWS (EC2, ELB, S3), Cloud Foundry, AWS Elasticache, Azure
Languages: C, C++, C#, Java, J2EE, HTML
Scripting Languages: Maven, ANT, Shell Scripting, Ansible, Python, Perl, Ruby
SCM Tools: GIT, AWS Cloud Formation, Clear Case
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, XML, EC2PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Confidential - Baltimore, MD
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Hands on experience in implementing DevOps culture through CI/CD tools like Jenkins/Hudson, Code Deploy, Code Pipeline.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Services etc.).
- Hands on experience of Build & Deployment phase and usage of Continuous Integration (CI/CD) tools, build configuration, change history for releases, Maintenance of build system, automation & managing, configuring, and maintaining Source Control Management systems.
- Involved in Migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud (AWS).
- Experience in configuring AWS Identity & Access Management (IAM) by managing the users new accounts, roles and groups.
- Hands on experience in AWS Cloud provisioning & resource management and setting up Enterprise infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Extensively used Jenkins to streamline CI/CD process, automated several Master-Slave configurations using temporary slaves for the project.
- Expertise in Source Code Management and repository tools like Tortoise SVN and GIT.
- Implemented Configuration Automation using tool like Puppet.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Puppet.
- Worked withWindowsAzure, Cloud Services, Storage/Storage, Accounts,Azure Traffic Manager.
- Built Resource groups in Windows Azure and restricted access to resource groups using role-based access controls.
- Used Puppet for automation of application such as Apache Tomcat, forge rock modules etc., writing /modification of puppet manifests.
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely for fasten the Build/Release Engineering.
- Worked on Production Support, attending production calls, troubleshooting the application and resolving bugs.
- Working on Udeploy Based on Requirement.
- Worked on Jenkins and Udeploy for automate and build of the code and Artifactory for assemblies storage.
- Knowledge on writing playbooks for deploying applications using Ansible.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manage the changes.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Expertise with Linux system administration on various Red Hat and Debian family distributions like; Ubuntu, Centos with Python and Java Scripting for command-line interface.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience in deploying the code through web application servers like Apache Tomcat/JBoss and Tomcat over AWS.
- Worked with System Engineers, QA, business and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the Building and Deployment.
Environment: Jenkins, Code Deploy, Code Pipeline, Ansible, Azure, Udeploy, Linux/Windows server, AWS Cloud, IAM, Puppet, Apache Tomcat, Build/Release, Linux, Ubuntu, Centos, Python and Java Scripting, Grunt SVN, GIT, JBoss
Confidential - Folsham, CA
- Automated the deployments using scripts which execute the automated CI and release management process.
- Created a reusable deploy distribution for the system which can be ported to multiple environments without having the need to run separate builds.
- Automate Deployment using Configuration Management tool like puppet to provision amazon AWS Instances to enable continuous Deployments.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process.
- Worked on Installation and configuration of DevOps tool Puppet.
- Deployed DevOps using Puppet, Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Monitoring system based on Docker.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven and Nexus in Linux environment.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Wrote Bash/Shell scripts for managing day-to-day transactions & automation of routine tasks.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ansible and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Automate all the tool and Product and Integrate together required for company specific product through Cookbooks.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining RHEL 5.x, 6.x physical and virtual server.
- Building RHEL 5.x, 6.x and SUSE Linux 10 as a 4-node cluster from scratch using HPSA tool.
- Setup monitoring and alerting mechanisms for AWS and private datacenter infrastructure.
- Transitioned Infrastructure from private data center to Cloud (AWS).
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools (Puppet/ Docker).
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Responsible for Database build, release and configuration.
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA&UAT in Linux environments.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
Environment: CI, AWS Cloud, OpenStack, PowerShell, Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, Cloud watch, Cookbooks, Docker, JIRA, Ansible, Shell, Perl, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, AWS EC2, WebSphere, ANT, Putty, CONFLUENCE, Java, J2EE, SOA.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Deployed and implemented Perforceacross software development organization developing business-critical applications in mixed Solaris/Windows environment.
- Providing Release Management and Build Automation with TFS 2010 Build Automation for multiple projects.
- Configuration of Continuous, Scheduled and Gated Automated Builds with TFS 2010 Build Automation
- Administered, Configured and Maintained Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2010.
- Involved in the upgrade of Team Foundation Server (TFS) from 2008 to 2010.
- Worked with Install shield Admin studio to repackage, build the application packages for XP, Win 7
- Created custom MSI using Install shield spring 2012.
- Install Shield Admin Studio to repackage the application packages and to take the snapshot of the pre-install and post-install and capture the changes for XP and Vista.
- Installed and configuredPerforceserver, administered Solaris OS, designed thearchitecture of CM libraries.
- Created Perforce triggers, wrotePerl scriptsand shell scripts to support trigger functionality.
- Migrated existing code base from CVS and Visual SourceSafeinto Perforce.
- Builtreleasecandidates for testing. Developed and testedinstallation scripts forautomated deployment.
- Installed and performed troubleshooting of Atlassian Jira, Crucible code review tool including customizing the work flows and e-mail notification features.
- Maintained and upgradedJiraissue tracker,Cruciblecode review tool.
- Created Jython script to automate the deployment process which deploys the application and restarts the servers.
- Provided single click build and deployment automation using Anthill pro a ALM tool by integrating the ANT &Jython scripts to the tool.
- Involved in migrating the application from Ant to Maven2 by analyzing the dependencies and creating the POMs to implement the build process using Maven.
- Deployed the ANT or Maven generated artifacts in a Web sphere application servers.
- Created Perl scripts and SQL stored procedures for nightlybatchjob streams, data loads and corporate reporting.
- Wrote Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, and Linux Scripts to deploy the java based packages like ear and war on the WebLogic App server.
- Worked on creating Shell/Perl scripts for monitoring and cleaning various var, log filesystems.
- Written Shell scripts to apply the Integration label to all the files which needs manual labeling of files.
Environment: Subversion, GIT, Anthill pro, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, Ruby, LINUX, XML, Web logic, MY SQL, Perl, Scripts, Shell scripts, JBoss
- Administered, maintained Red Hat Linux operating systems, applications & network problems, and performance issues.
- Involved in creating new users, groups, and setup their home directories and appropriate access restrictions to software and directories & files and ext3, ext4 file systems.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager LVM commands.
- Proficient in installation and configuration of Apache HTTP Server and Configured Linux Firewall with IPCHAINS & IPTABLES.
- Configured squid as proxy/cache server with Squid Guard for URL filtering.
- Configured Apache Web Server with Tomcat in load balancing.
- Knowledge in File System Management.
- Repair a file systems Configuring & managing Network Services
- Package management with the use of YUM, RPM and UP2DATE on Red Hat Linux.
- Support for Unix/Linux systems administration, Problem resolution and operational support for server systems
- Created shared NFS files system, NFS client on remote machine, mounting and un-mounting NFS server, sharing remote file folder, and starting & Stopping NFS services.
- Excellent in patches and packages installation on Linux/Unix Environment.
- Maintained Virtual servers in VMware and Virtual Box environment.
- Performed workstation and server installations and upgrades, standardized workstation configuration, send mail, and hardware upgrades and administration support and troubleshooting duties.
- Maintained excellent client relations and service based on outstanding communication, technical efficiency and problem-solving skills.
Environment: Red Hat/Linux, Apache servers, windows servers, Volume management, scripting, SMTP, DNS, Logical/Physical Volume groups.
- Daily tasks involves in administering Linux servers which includes Installation, up gradation, configuration and patch works of RHEL and CentOS
- Providing L2 and L3 Support of Linux servers.
- Applying security and OS level patches for configuring of the system.
- User administration which includes creating, deleting of user accounts and setting up of file permissions and accesses.
- Memory CPU and Capacity Management of Linux Servers so as to maintain the maximum uptime of servers.
- Experience in creation of logical volumes using Logical volume Manager (LVM) and Veritas Volume Manager.
- Troubleshooting of server issues.
- Used Nagios as a Continuous monitoring tool for checking the issues.
- Installing and administering of VM's.
- Incident Management using Service Now.
- Other tasks involve in starting, stopping and restarting of the services and systems.
- Experience in Kick starting of installations based on server profiles and Hardware Specs.
- Configured Horizontal and Vertical clusters for high availability of system.
- Done performance tuning and Disk space management.
- Written cron jobs to automate daily tasks.
- Bash and Perl scripting to automate jobs.
- Used Nginx as a load balancing tool to manage loads.
- Queried the RDBMS using SQL for retrieving of backend database values.
Environment: RHEL, CentOS, Nagios, Bash/Perl Scripting, Oracle DBMS, SQL, LVM, Veritas, Vagrant.