- Having around 7+ years of IT Experience Specialized in AWS Cloud/ DevOps Engineer, and LINUX System Administration.
- Expertise in Amazon Cloud Services and its features (EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, snapshots, Auto scaling, Cloud Formation, IAM, RDS, SES, SQS, SNS, RDS, ELB, API Gateway, Cloud Watch etc.)
- Experience in designing AWS cloud models for Infrastructure - as-a-Service (IAAS), Platform-as-a-Service (PAAS) and Software-as-a-Service (SAAS).
- Experienced in setting up EC2 instances, security groups and Setting up databases in AWS using S3 bucket.
- Experience in Implementing Data warehouse solutions in AWS Redshift, worked on various projects to migrate data from on database to AWS Redshift, RDS and S3.
- Experience in Amazon Lambda, Code Commit, Code Deploy and Code Build.
- Experience in Application deployment on various web/application Servers including Web Sphere/Web Logic/Apache Tomcat/JBOSS.
- Experience in Build and Continuous Integration with like Ant, Maven, Jenkins, and Bamboo.
- Experience in Creating Shell Scripts (kasha, Bash), Python and Power Shell for setting up baselines, branching, merging and automation processes.
- Configured and managed source code using GIT and resolved code merging conflicts in collaboration with application developers.
- Experience in working with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for installations and domain configurations.
- Designed / developed distributed private cloud system solution using Kubernetes Docker on Core OS.
- Worked on Build and Release Management methodologies and Software Procedures in all aspects of SDLC.
- Container management usingDockerby writingDockerfiles and set up the automated build onDockerHUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP Protocol Suite (IP,ARP, TCP,UDP,SMTP,FTP and TFTP).
- Experience in LINUX performance monitoring, kernel tuning and Load balancing to ensure stable Performance.
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azurefor a multitude of applications utilizing the AZURE stack (Including Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, Resource Groups, AzureSQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Experience in working with Python and Ruby in writing scripts to automate software configuration process with Salt Stack, Chef and Puppet.
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Experience in using tools like JIRA for ticketing.
- Experience with CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies using Jenkins/Hudson.
- Experience with Linux system administration and virtualization (Redhat, Ubuntu, and VMware).
- Experienced in writing complex SQL queries and scheduled tasks.
- Develop or modify SQL queries and stored procedures to meet business requirements and achieve desired performance.
- Good knowledge in relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL, SQLServer, Oracle, DynamoDB, MongoDB.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
Operating Systems: Amazon Linux AMI, Linux (Ubuntu, Centos, Red Hat), Solaris, Windows.
Server Configuration: Windows- 2008, 2012.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, Mongo DB, RDS, DynamoDB.
Cloud: EC2, Auto-Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS, Azure.
Test and Build tools: Visual Studio, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo and Hudson.
Web Server: Tomcat, APACHE, Web Logic & Web Sphere, and JBoss.
Configuration Management Tool: Ansible, Docker, Salt, Chef and Puppet.
Versioning Tools: GIT, SVN, GITHUB
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, DHCP, Cisco Routers, LAN
AWS DevOps Tools: Code Commit, Code Deploy, Code Pipelines.
Confidential, Dover, NH
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Deployed applications into the AWS cloud using Amazon EC2, VPC (Virtual Private Cloud), IAM (Identity and Access Management), AWS S3, Glacier, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail and Route 53.
- Managing the user account by assigning and minimizing the roles to the various AWS services through IAM.
- Configuring and versioning the S3 buckets and creating the life cycle policies to store and archive data to Amazon Glacier.
- Configuring and managing the Auto Scaling Groups, Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and EC2 snapshots for high availability and fault tolerance.
- Creating the Ansible Playbook using YAML to manage the server configurations.
- Working on Ansible Tower to automate the repetitive tasks to minimize the operational costs. Good knowledge on Ansible Vaults to encrypt and decrypt the files.
- Designing and developing the CI (Continuous Integration)/ CD (Continuous Deployment) Pipeline by using the integrated infrastructure tools using GIT, Jenkins, Ansible and Maven.
- Working on the installation of Docker, creation of Docker container images, tagging, pulling and pushing the images from the Docker repository.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT from scratch.
- Developing a Continuous Delivery (CD) Pipeline with Jenkins, GIT and AWS pre-built images.
- Installation and upgrade of Chef Client and Make sure servers are getting converge with chef-server.
- Work station setup for Knife plug-in and establish connectivity between Chef Server and workstation.
- Pushing of chef-cookbook, roles, and data bags on chef-server using knife plug-in and executing it on node.
- Bootstrap the node in Cloud using Knife and add them to required Environment.
- Coordinating with different teams in order to solve the CHEF defects and providing required solution to the issue in an efficient manner.
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Python, Groovy, Ruby, Perl.
- Worked on cloud automation framework namely CHEF which included automation of certain software installation processes in the form of Ruby code.
- Setting up the new repos, managing the permissions for various GIT branches. Creating adhoc GIT stashes.
- Extensively used to write PowerShell scripts for automating the services inside the Azure.
- Jenkins Integration using Terraform in AWS and GCP.
- Managed Docker orchestration using Kubernetes.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- AWS Cloud management and Puppet automation.
- Responsible for performing tasks like Branching, Tagging, and Release Activities on Version Control Tools like SVN, GIT.
- Build and administrate Continuous Delivery pipelines using GIT, Vagrant, Jenkins and Groovy DSL.
- Automated the cloud deployments using puppet and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Rewrote many Puppetmodules to modern code-quality standards.
Environment: EC2, VPC, IAM, S3, Glacier, Cloud watch, Cloud Trail, Route 53, Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, EC2 Snapshots, Jenkins, Chef, GitHub, Maven, Azure, Python, Ansible, Node.js, Docker, CI/CD, Java, Groovy, Visual studio,Puppet.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Administrating the AWS cloud services by managing the EC2 instances, S3, Glacier, SQS, within the organization.
- Worked on Amazon RDS to setup high availability of the database by deploying RDS in Multi-AZ configuration.
- Provisioning the AWS EC2 servers by assigning the EBS volumes, auto scaling groups, load balancers, security groups in the defined VPC (Virtual Private Cloud).
- Configured the SNS topics for production and test servers to trigger the alarm in case of any server failures.
- Designed the cloud formation template to create the custom VPC, subnets, Route tables, IGW (Internet Gateway) to ensure deployments of webservers in the public subnet and RDS servers in the private subnet.
- Involved in creating the comparison document for selecting the API Gateway.
- Created the SNS topics for AWS S3 and assigning the ARN of the S3 buckets to send the notifications to the subscribers on object creation and deletion.
- Used weighted routing concept to route the traffic between available servers using the Route 53 AWS Service.
- Configured the GitHub repositories and created the user level access to the project repositories.
- Involved in Setting up the Continuous integration by scheduling the jobs in Jenkins from GitHub.
- Involved in analyzing and troubleshooting the issues in the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) pipeline.
- Worked with development, testing, deployment and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to manage the software configurations of the infrastructure located in AWS cloud.
- Automated the administration tasks using the Ansible.
- Data visualization, dashboards analyzing by using the Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Splunk.
- Maintained the code repository, perform and administer the database and configure TFS.
- Expertise in working under Azure Active Directory for creating roles, tenants, and assigning various security policies.
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion, and GITand used Source code management client tools like Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, Source Tree, GITBash, GitHub, GITGUI and other command line applications etc.
- Configuring notifications for various AWS services and created performance metrics using Cloud Watch and SNS. Managing the configuration of the existing AWS servers by using the Ansible.
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, Monitor system performance using Nagios.
- Interface with a version of Nagiosto create new monitoring and view existing.
- Redesigned and redeployed the Nagiosimplementation.
- Integrated Nagioswith other monitoring/alert solutions (Splunk).
- Encrypted EBS volumes via KMS service.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud watch.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Experience implementing Cloud based Data Warehousing solutions.
Environment: EC2, AMI, Security Groups, ELB, Route 53, Cloud Watch, SNS, Jenkins, Maven, GitHub, Nagios, Azure, CI/CD, Java, Agile, TFS, Visual, Ansible.
Build and Release Engineer
- Participated in the release cycle of the product, which involves environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Documented the Build and Deployment Process which could be used by the team if found any issues at the time of build and deployment of different applications to different environments.
- Involved in releaseand deployment of large-scale C#, Web services and Web applications using TFS & ReleaseManagement.
- Customized TFS 2010 Work Item Templates and Workflow of the Work Items.
- BuildAutomation and Build Pipe Development using Jenkins and Maven BuildAutomation for J2EE Apps.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven releaseplugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Developed shell scripts for automation purpose and wrote a build and deployment scripts per SCM team standards and processes to QA, Performance and Production environment.
- Merged releasebranches to the trunk after the production releaseand resolved the conflict rose during the merge in Subversion.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Developed and enforced new build and deployment procedure to better align Delta's development procedures with proven SDLC best practices.
- Responsible for communicating the customer requirements within the organization and interface with multiple groups within to ensure customer's requirement expectations are being met.
Environment: Subversion, Hudson/Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, Hudson, Java, TFS, J2EE.
Linux System Administrator
- Trained and worked Primarily on RHEL4 Operating Systems.
- Assisted senior-level administrators in various aspects of Linux (Red Hat) server administration including installing and maintaining the operating system software, performance monitoring, problem analysis and resolution and production support.
- Assisted other Linux/UNIX administrators when help was needed (i.e. creating Linux/UNIX accounts, writing scripts to perform system administrator functions, responding to trouble tickets, etc.)
- Involved in preparation of functional and system specifications. Estimated storage requirements for applications.
- Perform primary Linux Server administration tasks, including setup, installation, OS patching, data backup, user account management and access control.
- Established and maintained user accounts, assigned file permissions and established password and account policies.
- Troubleshoot and resolved basic level system hardware, software and communication problems.
- Improve system performance by working with the development team to analyze, identify and resolve issues quickly.
- Monitored server and application performance and tuned I/O, memory and Installation of SSH and configuring of keys base authentication.
- Created Local Yum Repositories to support Package Management with Yum and RPM and Installed and configured secure FTP daemon to support a FTP-based Yum repository.
- Scheduled jobs and automating processes using CRON and AT and Created and maintained file systems and performed RAID configuration on LINUX.
- Monitored everyday systems and evaluate availability of all server resources and perform all activities for Linux servers.
- Managed and maintained user accounts and Configured and managed network interfaces.
Environment: Linux, Red Hat 4.x, SAN, NAS, Samba, Jira, Apache, Tomcat Web Sphere.