- Around 5 years of IT experience in Unix/LinuxSystems Administration and Server Virtualization, worked closely with Software development, application and database teams to meet business and technical demands.
- Professionally sound within installation, configuration, backup, recovery, maintenance, and support of RedHat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux, SUSE CentOS and AIX on Virtual (VMware) and Physical ( Confidential, Confidential and Confidential ) environments.
- Experience in building Red Hat Network Satellite Server for automated installation of Linux boxes and creating image of Linux system with System Imager that automates Linux installs.
- Experience with high - end enterprise servers like Confidential ProLiant DL 380, 385, 580, BL400c, BL480c, Confidential HS22, HS12 Blade center Servers and Sun T2000, T5240, M4000.
- Experience working on Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) database, which provides highly available database solutions and supported MS SQL Server and DB2 teams.
- Experience on Live Upgrade, migrating from UFS root file system to ZFS file root system in Solaris.
- Expert in installing, upgrading and configuring RedHat Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Implementation, up-gradation, Maintenance and Creating and maintaining user accounts, profiles, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring.
- Experience with Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM), Veritas File System (VxFS), Veritas Net Backup, Veritas Clustering with SAN, NAS environment.
- Experience in configuring Zettabyte File System (ZFS) pools, file systems, snapshots and clones in Solaris and Global File System (GFS) in Linux.
- Experience in User & Security administration, multiple backup & recovery technologies (Snapshots, Disaster Recovery plan) and maintenance of various activities.
- Involved in preparing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) document for unexpected critical issue’s for RedHat, AIX, WebSphere and Jboss.
- Experience in server monitoring, capacity planning, application monitoring with the help of Nagios, Cacti, Zabbix.
- Experience using cloud providers and API’s for Amazon (AWS) with CloudSigma(EU).
- Expertise with creating and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring Red Hat Linux.
- Solid working knowledge of VMware, NFS, NIS, NAS/SAN’s,Puppet, Jenkins, Kickstart and APT/Yum.
- Experience in configuration ofNIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, NFS, LDAP, SAMBA, SQUID, postfix, sendmail, FTP, remote access, security management and security trouble shooting skills.
- Very good understanding in the concepts and implementation of high availability, fault tolerance, fail over, replication, backup, recovery, Service Oriented Architecture(SOA) and various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methods.
- Experienced with RedHat Satellite Server with custom repositories to provide a stable patch management solution for the Linux environment.
- Extensive experience withLinux, Unix, and WinCEdevelopment,LinuxKernel module,Device Driverdevelopment, Multiple Task/Thread Development,IPC communications, IP/TCP/UDP Socket programs;POSIXAPI,Shell Scripts,Bash,Python, and version control in GIT&SVN, File System and Low level System I/O.
- Proficient in Linux Utilities such as KICKSTART, SSH, FTP, TCP wrappers, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools, Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management.
- Worked on Configuration Mangement tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Sudo administration and Redhat Linux package administration using RPM and YUM.
- Involved in Data Center Migration for P2P, V2V and P2V environments.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell, PHP, Python & Perl scripts.
- Experience working in SAN environment like EMC Symmetrix DMX3, DMX4 and Clariion CX3 series arrays as well as Confidential EVA 8400.
- Creating Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Center and AIX LPARs on P550 and P570.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills. Proven Communication, Presentation Skills and Leadership Qualities. Good Team player with proficiency at time management, multitasking, able to meet deadlines and handle priorities.
- Experience with 24x7 availability to support the production computing environments, providing on-call and weekend support.
Operating Systems: RHEL 5.x/6.x, SUSE 10.x/11.x, Solaris 8/9/10,11, Fedora 22/23, Confidential -AIX 5.X, zVM, Confidential power7/6/5 p520s, p550s, p570s, p595s, p760s, p770s, Windows 98/2000/NT.
Hardware: Confidential Proliant, Blade servers, Sun Sparc Enterprise M3000/ M4000/ M5000/ T2000/ T4-2, Sun Servers E450/ E3500/ E4500/ E5000/ E6500, Sun Fire V210/ V280/ V490/ V890, Sun Blade T6300, Confidential Proliant BL 460c Gen6,8/DL 360p Gen8/DL 380 Gen 9, SUN Desktops (SPARC 10, 5), DMX3 and DMX4 Storage Arrays
Software: Veritas Storage Foundation High Availability 5.1/6.2, Veritas Volume Manager 3.5/4/5, Veritas File System,Veritas Cluster Server, Veritas Netbackup 6.0, SolarWinds &Ground works monitoring, MS-Office/MS-Project, Puppet, Chef, Cacti, Nagios, App Dynamics, Splunk 5.x/Splunk 6.x, MongoDB, Docker, Aws.
Web/ Application Server: Tomcat, Apache DB2, Oracle Database, Oracle HTTP servers
Network Protocols: DHCP, DIG, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, Ethernet, IOS, netstart, NFS, NIS, RIP, OSPF, BGP, TCP/IP, and TCP dump, FTP, TFTP.
Cluster Environment: VERITAS Cluster Servers 4.1, 5.1, 6.2 and Sun Cluster Servers 2.2, 3.1, 3.2
Programming Languages: C, C++, SQL, HTML, PHP, Bash, Perl and Shell Programming, JSP, Python
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Linux System Admin
- Building, administering, monitoring and troubleshooting RHEL4.x/5.x/6.x,7.x AIX 6.1, Confidential BL460, DL 380 Confidential and Confidential X Series, Solaris (Solaris 9,10,11) and OEL (5.x, 6.x)
- Extensively Worked on RHEL Provisioning, Upgrades, Patching, Configuration and Performance Tuning in Linux environment using satellite server.
- Configured Kickstart server and updating/applying patches to the servers using RedHat Satellite server.
- Installation, configuration, administration of RHEL 5, 6, 7 & Solaris 10, 11 using Kickstart, Jumpstart, custom configuration like package management, volume management of servers.
- Providing production support for multiples applications residing on Linux and Windows environments. Making sure Zero-Down time for enterprise critical applications by raising outages, escalations whenever necessary.
- Troubleshooting and resolve theSplunk- Performance, Log Monitoring Issues; Role Mapping, Dashboard creation, Data models etc.
- Experience developing Splunk queries and dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity analysis.
- Worked as Splunk developer to setup Splunk app for a critical new launch.
- Worked on setup of various dashboards, reports and alerts in Splunk.
- Experience in Installation and configuration of Solaris 10, 11 with virtualization Zones, clusters.
- Raised, handled and closed multiple Change Management and Trouble Management tickets accordingly with Standards.
- Experience in migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web ServicesVPC utilizing AWS Cloud Formation, Chef/Ops Works etc.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Designed and implementedChef, including the internal best practices,cookbooks, automatedcookbookCI and CD system.
- Installed Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise and established WorkStation.
- Built new servers using chef cookbooks on premise cloud, modified cookbooks in ruby and rails.
- Debugged the cookbooks using Kitchen to rectify the errors.
- Working with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Scanning the newly assigned LUNs to the serves and assigning them to volume group and increasing the file system using Red Hat volume manager
- Mounting & un-mounting the LUNs to the Red Hat Linux servers and troubleshooting the issues encountered.
- Processing the work request like build and deploying the codes on UAT, Staging, and Production environments.
- Worked with Storage Area Networks (SAN) which consisted of Hitachi and EMC storage.
- Add, remove and resizing Logical volumes using LVM in Linux and implementing software RAID at installation time.
- Define/setup network protocols, Network File Services (NFS), and Network Information Services (NIS) in Linux Environments.
- Worked on MongoDBdatabase concepts such as locking, transactions, indexes, Sharing, replication, schema design.
- Worked with troubleshooting and tickets related to Amazon Web Services (AWS) with vendor.
- Designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing theAWSstack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto scaling in AWSCloud formation.
- Developed, deployed and managed several MongoDBclusters whilst implementing robustness and scalability via Sharding and replication, including automating tasks with own scripts and open-source tools for performance tuning and system monitoring.
- Created LVMs on the Linux servers for disk management and configuration of email protocols like sendmail and postfix.
- Installation, setup and configuration of Apache Kafka and Apache Zookeeper along with Oracle HTTP Server (OHS).
- Troubleshooting various problems related to VxVM in initializing, replacing, mirroring, encapsulating and removing disk devices on various Production Boxes.
- Maintaining production critical servers running Solaris, UNIX, Linux supporting Oracle database and web services while providing 24x7 support.
- Writing Shell Scripts for managing day-to-day transactions & for automation of routine tasks and troubleshootingCassandraissues.
Environment: RHEL4.x/5.x/6.x,7.x, AIX 6.1, Confidential BL460, DL 380 Confidential and Confidential X Series, SAN, LVM, RPM, Tivoli endpoint, BMC patrol, WebSphere, VERITAS Net Backup, Shell and Perl Scripting, BMC Remedy 8.1, 8.1.0x, ColdFusion 9, 11, AppDynamics, Splunk 5.x,6.x, MongoDB
Confidential, NY, NY
Linux/Unix Systems Administrator
- Worked as Administrative support for 2200 odd Linux running Weblogic Suite applications, variety of business applications.
- Performed Installation, configuration of RHEL 4/5/6/7, Centos 5/6, and Solaris operating systems.
- Performed live as well as manual OS upgrade from red hat 4 to red hat 5 and 6.
- Creating and managing shared disk groups in clustering environment.
- Installation of local yum repository and package administration using yum and rpm.
- User, Group management for all the Linux Servers.
- Setup and management of SFTP server for file transfer services.
- Installed/configured/maintained the Linux servers NIS, DNS, NFS, Sendmail, apache, ftp, sshd
- Installed host firewall Iptables for RedHat Linux
- Implemented chroot jailing for users to have restricted access to the SFTP server.
- Setup LDAP Client services on Linux Servers.
- Created SCCM OSD for automated server deployment ofHyperVenvironment reducing time to deploy by 7 hours.
- Configured Linux Kickstart on multiple servers for network installation.
- Creating and cloning virtual machines in VMware environment using Virtual Infrastructure client 3.5 and Vsphere 4.0.
- Installed Oracle Database 10g and 11g, Oracle Application server 10.x and E- Business Suite 11.5.10 application. Assisted the DBA team with various tasks like creating database instances, cloning of databases, monitoring oracle services and performing RMAN backups.
- Installed and configured Veritas Enterprise Netbackup (NB 5.1.3, 6.5.1) and setup policies and schedules for backups and restores. Created RMAN templates for Oracle backups using Netbackup.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, usedDockercoupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Virtualized the servers usingDockerfor the test environments and dev-environments needs, also configuration automation usingDockercontainers.
- Experience in creating Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creatingDockerContainers from scratch.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, iSCSI disks, disk controllers, physical disk, HW and SW RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tool NAGIOS.
- Extensive experience in installing, integrating, tuning and troubleshooting Apache, Tomcat, and WebSphere servers.
- Implemented SUDO, SSH and other security tools and implemented SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) security compliance.
- Developed scripts for automation and monitoring purpose in PERL and Python.
- Monitored and troubleshot different performance related issues using performance monitoring utilities like IOSTAT, VMSTAT, TOP, NETSTAT and SAR.
- Worked on Bulk Write operations inMongoDB.
- Implemented LDAP authentication mechanism inMongoDBcluster.
- Performed Volume Management using Logical volume management (LVM).
- Migrated rails applications from Rackspace to Amazon Web Services (AWS) services including Elastic Beanstalk, RDS and Elastic cache.
- Configured and managed source code using Git and resolved code merging conflicts in collaboration with application developers Provided consistent environment.
- Optimized the EC2 instances run time using Lambda functions and ColudWatch events.
- Involved in setting up the architecture of proposed environments with all the CI/CD tools.
- Monitored system logs and important messages for errors and warnings of the hardware and software failure.
- Created file systems on LUNs from SAN environments, which included EMC Symmetrix / Clariion series.
- Configured and troubleshot Symantec Enterprise Security Monitoring Tool.
- Provided Shell scripts to automate to support setup, configuration and operational tasks.
- Provided 24x7 production support for 200+ Linux and Solaris OS.
Environment: Red-Hat Linux Enterprise servers ( Confidential Proliant DL 585, BL 465/485, ML Series), Confidential -UX, AIX Solaris 8,9, 10, AIX 5.3, 6.1, SAN(NetApp), BladeLogic, Veritas Cluster Server 5.0/6.0, Windows 2003/2012 server, Shell programming, GIT, SVN, JBoss 4.2, JDK 1.5,1.6, VMware Virtual Client 5.1, VMware Infrastructure 5.1, Splunk 5.x, MongoDB, Docker, AWS.
- AIX 5.x, Red Hat Linux, RHEL and Solaris servers’ administration.
- UNIX Administration- maintaining around 1000 Production environment including Confidential AIX & RHEL 4.x and 5.x servers. Managing their memory/CPU load, Disk Space, swap space, processes etc. running on them.
- Installation, configuration and administration of RHEL 4.x,5.x, AIX 5.1/5.2 and Solaris 8/9 servers.
- Extensive experience on installation, configuration and maintenance of Squid proxy.
- Manage servers using HMC/WebSM and create LPARS and building servers using NIM.
- Configure servers to use HTTP, DNS, NFS, NetBackup, and Storage Disk configuration.
- Experience in deploying and upgrading software packages.
- Controlled the access to users by adding or removing the user from the groups as per the requirements by using LDAP.
- Troubleshoot LDAP server if there is any login issues for the users.
- Used LDAP to setPermissions,as an administrator to allow only certain people to access the LDAP database.
- Network traffic control, IPSec, Quos, VLAN, Proxy, Radius integration on Cisco Hardware via RedHat Linux Software.
- Managed file systems and disk management using Solstice Disk suite.
- Creating andadministering user accounts, SUDO access, etc.
- Managing file systems and modify them on the fly using LVM on AIX and Linux.
- Installed and maintained Puppet-based configuration management system. Designed and deployed the Nagios implementation, implemented Puppet modules to automate configuration of a broad range of services.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, administration, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and maintenance of RHEL 4.x and 5.x systems, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Satellite Servers.
- Use ILO/HMC for remote access of servers on Linux/AIX respectively.
- Maintain & troubleshoot SAN and Fiber card related errors on AIX and storage disks from Confidential, HITACHI, and EMC Disk arrays.
- Installed Multiple Pathing (MPIO) software such as EMC Powerpath, HDLM.
- Configured Bonding in Linux and Ether-channel in AIX.
Environment: Confidential AIX 4.3.3, 5.1, 5.2, Solaris 8/9, RHEL 3.X, 4.X, Oracle 8i, 9i,MySQL, Apache 2.x, LPARS, VMware ESX Server, Veritas Volume Manager, NIM, Kickstart, HACMP, HMC, WebSphere, Confidential P510, P670, P690, P550, P570, P590, Confidential DL320, Confidential DL330, Confidential DL 380s, EMC Symmetrix, Hitachi, Confidential arrays, Linux Satellite Servers, Informix 7.x, 11.x, Nagios.