Seeking a challenging Position as an AWS/DevOps Engineer to Utilize My Skills and Abilities in an Esteemed Organization that offers Professional Growth while being Resourceful, Innovative and Flexible.
- 10+ Years of IT experience, including 3 years of experience on AWS/DevOps migration/maintenance and 8 years of extensive experience in SRE/Middleware adept in all facets of administration, maintenance, deployment and management of enterprise applications.
- Master’s degree in the field of Computer Science (MSCS, USA).
- Vast experience working on Oracle SOA Architecture.
- BEA certified Weblogic Admin with expertise in Linux, Solaris and Windows System administration operations.
- Expertise in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) - Analysis, Design, Development and Testing. Ability to deliver quality work under pressure and aptitude to meet deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of Full stack of AWS services and implementation of CI/CD pipelines using Configuration management tools such as Ansible/Chef.
- Implemented and migrated multiple environments from On-Premises to AWS Cloud.
- Serving as a hands-on subject matter expert for DevOps and Automation in an AWS infrastructure environment.
- Proficient in AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, Auto Scaling Groups(ASG), EBS, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, CloudTrail.
- Experience withChef EnterpriseHosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Written Recipes andCookbooksand uploaded them toChef-server, managed On-site Applications/Services/Packages usingChefas well asAWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Packet traces using Ethereal/Wireshark or equivalent TCP/IP troubleshooting.
- Installed and configured web servers like Apache, Tomcat, and Nginx and integrated them with Weblogic/JBoss.
- Deployed applications in multiple Weblogic, WebSphere and JBoss Servers and maintained Load Balancing, High Availability and Fail over functionality.
- Analyzing and monitor Performance bottlenecks and key metrics to optimize software and system performance.
- Provided 24/7 on-call support for production.
- Self-starter, Fast learner and a Team player with strong Communication and interpersonal skills.
Platforms: UNIX, Linux, Solaris, AIX & Windows NT/XP
Web Technologies: JDK 1.6, J2EE, JMS, Networking, JDBC, JNDI, & LDAP
Web/Application Servers: WebLogic Server 8.1/9.2,10.3/12C, IBM WebSphere 6.x,7.x,8.x, Apache WebServer 2.0, Apache Tomcat 6.0 & Nginx 1.15.X
AWS Services: EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, Auto scaling, ACM, Route 53, IAM, RDS, DynamoDB, SNS, SES, CloudWatch, CloudTrail and CloudFront
Tools: Git, Jenkins, Maven, Terraform, Nagios, Splunk, Patrol, Wily Introscope & AppDynamics
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, My SQL & SQL server
Scripting Languages: WLST, Shell script, Python
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Provided, Managed and supported full application stacks from the OS through custom applications using Amazon cloud based computing environments.
- Proficient in Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment methodology for our server based technologies.
- Participated in planning, implementation, and growth of our infrastructure on Amazon Web Services.
- Work across functional (development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure) and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems
- Performed maintenance and troubleshooting of continuous build/deployment systems.
- Planning and prioritizing of CI automation scope and backlog.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, usedDockercoupled with load-balancing toolNginx.
- Worked closely with key members of the development and operations teams and is responsible for troubleshooting build breaks, enforcement of software quality standards for both non-production and production environments.
- Building Infrastructure-as-Code with CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Worked closely with Internal/External Stakeholders, Development Architects/Managers to ensure timely delivery.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for building CI/CD pipelines on various environments.
- Implemented DevOps strategy in various operating environments of Linux and windows servers along with cloud strategies of Amazon Web Services.
- Deploying and maintaining production environment usingAWS EC2 instances and ECS with Docker.
- UtilizedAnsible, Chef and Puppet as configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure across multiple environments.
- Built and deployed Docker containers for implementing Microservice Architecture from Monolithic Architecture.
- Continuous Performance Management like measuring Performance and working with developers and QA’s to improve it.
- Configured S3 buckets with various life cycle policies to archive the infrequently accessed data to storage classes based on requirement.
- Possess good knowledge in creating and launching EC2 instances using AMI’s of Linux, Ubuntu, RHEL, and Windows and wrote shell scripts to bootstrap instance.
- Created various roles, users, groups by using IAM and also implemented MFA to provide additional security to AWS account and its resources.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Route53, ELB, Cloud Watch, CloudFormation, Terraform, AWS Auto Scaling), GIT, SQL, Jira, AWS CLI, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting, Jenkins, Ansible, Nginx, Weblogic.
Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Performed WebLogic Server and WebSphere Server administration tasks such as Installation, Configuration, Monitoring and Performance Tuning.
- Migrated the whole WL setup from Solaris to Linux Cloud environment.
- Designed and led the team for implementing all the assigned projects successfully.
- Deployed various WAR, JAR and EAR applications in Production and non-Production Environments.
- Extensively worked on the end-end migration of environments from On-premises to AWS.
- Initiated alarms inCloudWatchservice for monitoring the server's performance,CPU Utilization, disk usage etc. to take recommended actions for better performance.
- Developed and maintained CI/CD pipelines for code deployment using Jenkins.
- Configured AWSMulti Factor AuthenticationinIAMto implement 2 step authentication of user's access using Google Authenticator and AWS Virtual MFA.
- Hands-on knowledge of software containerization platforms like Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes and Docker Swarm.
- Infrastructure management and Orchestration using CloudFormation and Terraform.
- Provisioned servers and deployed features using Ansible/chef/Puppet.
- Worked with the developers in trouble shooting and fixing day-to-day problems of the applications in Production and non-production environments on 24/7 schedule.
- Worked extensively on performance tuning and troubleshooting various kind of application issues.
- Configured and set up Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) for data encryption and client authentication.
- Troubleshooting by using Thread Dump, Heap Dump and Garbage collection analysis for WebLogic Server issues.
Environment: WebLogic Server 9.2/10.3/12C, IBM WebSphere 7.x/8.x, AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, IAM, EBS, ACM, Route 53, Terraform and CloudFormation), Wily Introscope, J2EE, LDAP, Red Hat Linux, Solaris 10, SQL Server.
Weblogic Administrator/Apache Administrator
- Performed WebLogic Server Administration tasks such as Installation, Configuration, Monitoring, Performance Tuning and Load balancing.
- Involved in WebLogic 8.1 to Weblogic 9.2 upgrade.
- Installed and Configured Apache HTTP Server 2.0 to work with WebLogic Server 8.1/9.0.
- Deployment and Troubleshooting of JAR, WAR and EAR applications in Clustered environment with WebLogic.
- Configured and administered JDBC Connection Pools/Data Sources/Multi Pools on Weblogic Server 8.1/9.2.
- Configured and setup Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) for data encryption and client authentication.
- Provided active support for Load/Stress Testing, Troubleshooting and Performance tuning.
- 24/7 On-call support for Production, non-production environments which included test, staging training and break fix environments.
Environment: WebLogic Server 7.0/8.1 xsp4, JDK 1.5, J22EE, Jrocket8.1/9.x, JSP, Servlets, EJB, LDAP, JDBC, XML, Oracle9i, Solaris, Linux.