SUMMARY OF SKILLS
- Original and innovative thinking skills with nine official US patents.
- Familiarity with various automation tools including Python and Ansible.
- Close to 20 years of experience in enterprise routing, switching, and security.
- CCIE #9340.
Principal Engineer/ Senior Engineer II
- Evaluated complex pre - sales designs for Fortune 500 companies of various industries and made design recommendations on changes to better meet teh customer’s requirements.
- Developed design and configuration of test environments from pre-sales design to validate solution met teh needs of teh customer and could be deployed without bugs.
- Configurations included LTE, EVDO, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, load balancing, VRF-lite, Frame-Relay, Gigabit Ethernet, VPN, Easy VPN, DMVPN, GETVPN, VSAT, HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, conditional PBR, QoS, SNMP, OTV, VPC, VLANs, ISL, and STP on 800 series through 7200 series routers, Nexus 2k through 7k switches, 2960 series through 6500 series switches, VPN concentrators, Wireless LAN Controllers, APs, and PIX firewalls.
- Designed and implemented virtualization of lab resources using VCenter and ESXi. Trained engineers on teh use of virtualization to drastically reduce lab setup time.
Senior Network Engineer
- Configured, maintained, and performed troubleshooting for over 100 routers and switches ranging from teh 1720 series through teh 7200 series routers and teh 2900 series through teh 6500 series switches in a highly redundant dual-homed environment.
- Responsible for design and configuration of OSPF, BGP, HSRP, Frame-Relay, Gigabit Ethernet, access-lists, ISDN, DLSW, spanning-tree, VLANS, ISL, SNMP, syslog, DS3s, DS1s, and load balancers.
- Participated in all areas of security including design and configuration of redundant PIX 520 firewalls, 3000 series VPN concentrators, Catalyst Intrusion Detection modules, 4200 series IDS appliances, Cisco Secure ACS, Cisco Secure Policy Manager, and virus protection.
- Developed business continuity plans for all areas of teh network and maintained all network related documentation.
Networks, Network Engineer
- Researched and designed engineering requirements for each technology and how it is implemented in software for different hardware from teh 800 to 7200 series routers and all Catalyst switches.
- Engineering requirements written included token ring, ISDN, RIP, IGRP, BGP, HSRP, CAR, all forms of queueing, CSU’s, IPX, IPX RIP, IPX EIGRP, AAA, and basic system management.
- Participated in brainstorming on design requirements for Frame-Relay, ATM, PPP/HDLC, Ethernet, automatic IP address allocation, OSPF, EIGRP, redistribution, distribute lists, route-maps, VPN, tunnels, SNMP, PIX firewalls and all facets of Catalyst switches.
- Interfaced with software developers in all aspects of software development and testing to ensure teh configurations were valid and of teh best engineering practices.