- Seeking a technology leadership role wif the opportunity to creatively define, build and manage technology solutions that provide clear, measurable business benefits.
- Pragmatic technology leader wif over fifteen years of experience in solution definition, project management, resource management, financial planning and technology strategy. Specifically experienced in the successful delivery of over 25 projects in:
- Business Application Development - Middleware and Common Platforms Enterprise Application Security- Product Integration
- Leader of both large and small teams in developing applications or creating reusable platforms utilizing many technologies
- J2EEServlet, JSP, Struts, MVC2, Web Logic/SJSWS/Tomcat, Spring/Hibernate, JSF
- Security Microsoft, Sun, LDAP, PKI, SSL VPN/F5 Networks
- Microsoft C++/C# desktop, ASP.Net, Handheld, security
- BPM/Workflow Tibco InConcert/BusinessWorks
- Portal Tibco PortalBuilder
- Messaging Tibco Rendezvous, MQ Series, JMS (Tibco EMS)
- Open Source Apache, Tomcat, Axis, JBoss, Log4J, Log4net, Eclipse/plug-ins, open LDAP
Confidential, Atlanta, GAF
Director - Information Technology
- Built diverse technology team that provides top-to-bottom technology services on a sophisticated platform for the subsidiary. Established appropriate processes, standards, and tools to support the technology operation.
- Managed the build out of Test and Production environments at a new external data center (SunGard). Managed relationship and contract, system administration, and coordination wif outsourced network and data support teams.
- Led the delivery of 3 new web-based applications used by retailers for credit application processing, utilizing key technologies such as Tibco BusinessWorks and JBoss Rules to provide system flexibility.
- Currently building on a credit platform that will provide the flexibility to host diverse credit processes. The platform utilizes SOA architectural concepts wif a BPM layer, a configurable UI, and a business rules engine to provide flexibility. Key technologies utilized in the platform are EJB3, Tibco, JSF, and YASU QuickRules.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Manager - Architecture, Middleware, and Application Security
- Managed multiple concurrent project teams wif direct reports of up to 18 developers, engineers, and project managers providing application platforms, standards, SCM, architectural consulting, and security. Key responsibilities include product vision and roadmaps, strategic direction, budgeting and executive level reporting. Projects included large business applications as well as enterprise level middleware and shared technology.
- Defined the technical vision, sold the concept, and managed the successful implementation of an integrated enterprise user security environment which consolidated external access (SSL VPN), application SSO, Enterprise portal, and corporate LDAP into a seamless user experience for over 100,000 employees, retirees, and contractors. As a part of dis project, completely refactored the enterprise SSO product, which includes autantication, authorization and provisioning, providing a simplified user experience and dramatically improved product stability.
- Implemented the Delta’s Enterprise Portal utilizing Tibco PortalBuilder. Accountable for Portal Architecture and Standards, Security Design, LDAP Integration, User Management and Portlet Standards. Integrated Jive Discussion Server, MS Exchange, Web Trends, Documentum and Google’s Search Appliance.
- Delivered the web application/web service platform for Java development used in Delta’s business critical areas, including delta.com. Introduced more tightly integrated processes for SCM, improved development environment wif integration wif Eclipse, and new technologies such as Spring/Hibernate and Web Services (starting wif Axis).
- Delivered the Microsoft IIS development platform for use throughout Delta wif custom configuration and deployment tools as well as security modules and integration wif Systems Management tools. Provided consulting and “boot strapping” to project development teams and support sys admin support for shared web tier.
- Worked wif business to re-designed and develop the large corporate travel web application used by Delta employees to access travel benefits, implementing “positive space” bookings and SSO autantication.
- Managed the development of two Java web-based business applications using the Tibco InConcert workflow management tool. Constructed a work order management system for Confidential Field Operations that manages all technology requests for the enterprise (4,000+ work orders per month).
- Constructed a general purpose user interface to the Tibco InConcert tool wif an innovative use of Java and XML.
- Implemented a shared platform using the Tibco BusinessWorks BPM tool including vendor management, application guidelines, environment build-out, user training and integration wif MOM consoles using Tibco Rendezvous and Hawk.
- Implemented the Delta’s Enterprise LDAP Directory Service using Sun’s Directory Server as well as the development of a web based corporate white page application for employee data display and updates.
- Constructed a unique workstation “profile management” application based on a directory including the design of the server topology and schemas and the development of tools, interfaces and utilities using C++, Java, Java Script, JNDI, WebLogic, and Sun Directory Server.
- Developed a single sign-on application for airports to replace the standard Windows XP logon wif a pass-through GINA and services that mediate logons between NT and Deltamatic (TPF) host providing an “idle mode” user desktop.
- Developed application monitoring and logging utilities used by over 20 application development groups wifin Delta on Windows XP/NT, HP-UX, and Solaris.
- Lead an eight person team responsible for development and support of in-house automation for Delta Cargo and Airport Customer Service. Successfully managed the complex customer relationship and provided a timely delivery of the project.
- Developed an OLAP budgeting application for Delta airport management using ESSBASE wif an Excel front-end.
- Implemented a data mart to provide revenue, yield and capacity management analysis utilizing Oracle query tools.
- Implemented several modules of the Unisys Cargo system (USAS/VIS) for Delta Air Logistics.
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX,
Project Manager/Senior Consultant
- Lead six-person team in the full life cycle development of a real-time dock scheduling system for Toyota. The system interfaced wif a radio dispatch system for yard drivers and RF devices used for tracking trailers on the premises. It was developed on NT 4.0 in C++ using MS SQL Server wif ILOG and CPLEX class libraries, employing OO methodology.
- Developed the user interface, training and installation the Cargo SABRE tracking system for Air Mauritius.
- Fully defined, developed, and implemented a cargo rating system used in all American Airlines’ European cargo terminals, resulting in significant productivity increases, elimination of redundant accounting procedures, and improved invoice accuracy. dis led to the product being integrated wif the SABRE Cargo system offering to international carriers.
- Built discrete event simulation models to analyze proposed material handling systems at two major air cargo hubs. Used Siman/Cinema and incorporated extensive data collection, statistical analysis, and animation.
- Lead cargo consulting efforts wif Kuwait Airways, EgyptAir and LOT Polish for process improvements and system automation. Also consulted on the operational, booking, and revenue accounting systems and procedures for the cargo divisions of Kuwait Airways, Egypt Air, and LOT Polish Airlines.