- 8+ Years of experience in IT industry which includes System Administrator, Linux Administrator, Build & Release Engineer, DevOps and Cloud engineer, Software Configuration Management (SCM). Has experience with the Cloud and monitoring processes as well as DevOps development in Windows, Linux and Mac systems.
- Expertise in DevOps, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, End - to End Automation which includes Azure, Amazon Web Services, Jenkins, Maven, GitHub, Ant, SonarQube, Ansible, Chef, SVN, Git, TFS, Nexus, Tomcat, JBoss, HA Proxy and Linux etc.
- Working experience on various Azure services like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles), Azure Websites, Caching, SQL Azure, NoSQL, Storage, Network services, Azure Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, and Power Shell Automation.
- Experience in Azure IaaS, PaaS, Provisioning VM's, Virtual Hard disks, Virtual Networks, Deploying Web Apps and creating Web-Jobs, Azure Cosmos DB, Active Directory, Azure Windows server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows PowerShell, Cloud infrastructure.
- Strong Windows Azure experience dedicated to the .NET stack of technologies, proficient in IT operations including in Windows Azure deployments, incident management, production support for all types of Azure components, IIS/SQL server, IT administration and maintenance, Project Management, PowerShell scripting, live site incident management, ERP and E-commerce applications.
- Experience in strategy and practical implementation of AWS Cloud services which include EC2, EBS, S3, Glacier, Storage Gateway, VPC, Route 53, RDS, ELB, EMR, ECS, Cloud Front, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, CloudTrail, RedShift, Lambda, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, SNS, Dynamo DB, SES.
- Experience in migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud formation, Code Deploy, Code Commit, Chef, EBS and OpsWorks.
- Experience in working with Terraform for automating VPC’s, ELB’s, Security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets and continuing to replace the infrastructure.
- Expertise in deep development/enhancement of OpenStack components such as Nova, neutron, designate, Cinder, Swift, Image, Horizon & Identity and Ceilometer.
- Expertise in PCF architecture and design, troubleshooting issues with platform components, and developing global/multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale developments/deployments on Cloud Foundry.
- Extensively worked on Chef Roles, Cookbooks, Recipes, Templates, Resources, Attributes & Data bags. Proficient in the setup of Chef Servers, workstations & bootstrapping infrastructure Chef Nodes for configuration management.
- Hands-on experience in configuring Chef Server Enterprise on-premise, workstation bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by testing Chef Recipes, Cookbooks with test-kitchen and chef spec.
- Experience in automating theclouddeployments using Chef, Python (boto3 & fabric) and AWSCloudFormation Templates.
- Hands-on experience in implementing Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manage change by writing Python code by using Ansible Python API to automate Cloud Deployment Process.
- Hands on with Puppet Manifest files to deploy automated tasks to many servers at once and used Puppet to create manifests, modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository.
- Expertise in App Containerization technology Docker, creating Docker images, Containers, Docker Registry to store images, cloud-based registry Docker Hub, Docker Swarm to manage containers.
- Experience in developing APIs using Kubernetes to manage and specify the copies of the containers to run the actual servers in the cloud environment. Scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging, and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Perforce, GIT, SVN, TFS and similar tools.
- Extensive experience in Setting up Application Tier, Build Controllers, Build Agents in Team foundation Server (TFS 2017,2015, 2013,2012 and 2010.)
- Extensively worked on Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo and TeamCity for Continuous Integration and strong experience with integration of Ant and Maven Build Frameworks.
- Experience in Configuring and Managing monitoring tools such as Nagios, Splunk, ELK.
- Used Atlassian tools JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo for defect management, team collaboration, source code management and continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Expertise in installation, configuration and management of relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL and Excellent knowledge in working with NOSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB and Cassandra.
- Proficiency in various programming, scripting and markup languages like C, C#, Java, Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell Script, HTML5, CSS and skills in SQL, PL/SQL.
- Expertise in Working with web servers such as Apache HTTP server, NGINX, Apache TOMCAT, application servers such as Oracle WebLogic 9.x/10.x, IBM WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, JBoss 4.1.
- Experience in implementing testing tools and frameworks like Junit, QUnit, and Selenium to write test cases for different modules and resolved the test findings.
- Experience in installing, configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like TCP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP, NIS, NIS+, OSPF, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP, SSH, and SAMBA.
- Expertise in Linux/UNIX system builds, administration, Installations, Upgrades, Troubleshooting on different distributions such as Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu and Debian.
CI/CD Tools: AWS, Azure, Open Stack, PCF Git, Bitbucket, Maven, SonarQube, Nexus
Containerization Tools: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos
Monitoring / Logging / Messaging System Tools: Virtualization Platforms Nagios, ELK, Splunk, Dynatrace, New Relic Oracle VirtualBox, VMware Workstation, Vagrant Datadog, Apache Kafka
Databases: C, C++, Java, C#, Python, Shell, Ruby, Power shellSQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra)
Web/Application Servers Operating Systems: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, NginxLinux(Ubuntu/Debian/RHEL/CentOS), Windows, MAC
Sr. Cloud Engineer
- Implemented CI/CD pipelines on Azure including Logging & Monitoring of the systems using required DevOps tool chain such as Jenkins, Nexus OSS, SonarQube, Ansible, DTR management, Containerized open source ELK stack for digital applications.
- Created Azure Automation Assets, Graphical runbooks, PowerShell runbooks that will automate specific tasks. deployed Azure AD Connect, configuring ADFS authentication flow, ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect.
- Configured Azure web apps, Azure App services, Azure Application insights, Azure Application gateway, Azure DNS, Azure Traffic manager, Azure Network Watcher, Implementing Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup and Azure Automation and deployed the Operations Management Suite (OMS) for monitoring and change tracking.
- Worked on deploying the .Net applications to Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and troubleshooting deployment issues with development teams and implemented Octopus Deploy to facilitate automated deployment to production.
- Implemented Micro-services using Private Cloud foundry platform build upon Spring Boot Services and created workflows on TeamCity for setting up automated pipelines for CI/CD with PCF.
- Deploying the Virtual Machines with the Microsoft Monitoring Agent / Operational Management Suite (OMS) Extension using the PowerShell Scripts.
- Monitored Log Analytics in Azure Security Center for Trouble shooting the Compute, Storage, Networking & Applications.
- Led implementation of Azure Active Directory for single sign-on access to thousands of cloud SaaS applications like Office 365, Dropbox. Also configured Azure Role-based Access Control (RBAC) to segregate duties within our team and grant only the amount of access to users that they need to perform their jobs.
- Virtualized the servers using Docker for the test environments and dev environments needs and configuring automation using Docker containers.
- Integrated Azure with Docker Enterprise edition to create the Azure VM Scale sets for autoscaling, Azure load balancing and Azure storage.
- Built the on-premise PAAS with Docker and Azure services. Clustered the microservice based docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Managed Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks.
- Worked on implementing Kubernetes with Docker to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, operations of application containers across clusters of hosts and continuous integration, rolling updates with no downtime.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of Chef client nodes for provisioning using a knife and automated by testing Chef recipes, cookbooks with test-kitchen, chef spec.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes.
- Worked with Ansible for Orchestration of Deployments for various servers and managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible modules, implemented CD automation using Ansible, also involved in managing existing Tomcat Webserver and automated the configuration of new servers.
- Integrated Ansible Tower with Jenkins to quickly deploy critical applications, managed changes and provided encryption needed for task files with Ansible Vault.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus and uDeploy to orchestrate changes across servers and components.
- Build automation and Continuous Integration using Jenkins, Designed and supported workflow automation scripts for Release Automation
- Responsible for applying the Corporation’s Software Configuration Management processes to projects, setting up and maintaining Git infrastructure and supporting a continuous delivery model by automating software build and package migration processes.
- Configuring JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/Issue tracker.
- Implemented a high-performance data ingestion layer using Apache Kafka.
- Installed and configured Nexus Firewall to block unwanted components from entering the CI/CD pipeline.
- Performed AEM customization on foundation components and workflows to extend functionalities improve performance or ix issues on project level.
- Configured and deployed Bitnami ELK stack on Azure, worked on Installing plugins and troubleshooting HTTPS support with SSL certificates.
- Extensively worked with PowerShell to automate SQL tasks, environment management related tasks and procedures on Windows machines.
- Involved in testing of application by Unit Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and End User Support.
Environment: Azure, PCF, Windows server 2012/R2/2013, Microsoft Visual Studio 2012, TFS, Windows PowerShell, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, SQL server, Nagios, Nexus, Python, Ruby, Bash, Perl.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Sr. DevOps / Cloud engineer
- Build AWS infrastructure using resources VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, IAM, EBS, Route53, SNS, SES, SQS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Security Group, Auto Scaling and RDS using CloudFormation templates.
- Performed the automation deployments using AWS by creating the IAMs and used the code pipeline plugin to integrate Jenkins with AWS and created the EC2 instances to provide the virtual servers.
- Wrote Lambda functions in python and invoked python scripts for data transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters and AWS Kinesis data streams.
- Implemented ETL process to ingest analytical data stored in S3 into a Redshift data Warehouse cluster using AWS Lambda Microservices and Configured & forwarded the data of the ELB Access logs & VPC flow logs to S3 buckets.
- Involved in using Terraform migrate legacy and monolithic systems to Amazon Web Services and provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Worked on Terraform for automating VPCs, ELBs, security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets, and continuing to replace the rest of our infrastructure. Using Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, Bare Metal Servers, and Docker containers.
- Developed an Elastic beanstalk environment for efficient helios application deployment using container services for efficient application deployment ECS and docker container services.
- Created and Loaded the database schemas and data dumps using SQL pump and construction Highly complex Infrastructure as code and Enabling Communication between the APP server and DB server in automated fashion with Terraform.
- Developing Cloud formation templates to launch VPC’s and instances in the AWS and Provisioning Web Servers in AWS and DNS Route53 records.
- Created the Elastic load balancers using CFT and terraform and Creating load balancing servers and monitoring activities using cloud trail and cloud watch.
- Worked with AWS Cloud Formation Templates, terraform along with Ansible to render templates and Murano with Heat Orchestration templates in OpenStack Environment.
- Designed strategies for optimizing all aspect of the continuous integration, release and deployment processes using container and virtualization techniques like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Built docker containers using microservices project and deploy to Dev, iTest, Scale, UAT (SIT), PROD.
- Configured applications that run multi-container Docker applications by utilizing the Docker-Compose tool which uses a file configured in YAML format. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config-Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as pods.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directories structures and managing containers.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Created cookbooks for provisioning servers like Jenkins, Splunk, sensu and chef-server. Validation and testing the cookbooks using the kitchen and food critic and created Chef recipe that create the pre-configured Jenkins DSL jobs during provisioning
- Written Ansible scripts to automate system administration activities and processes on managed hosts, standardized execution of tasks using playbooks, managed playbooks centrally and implemented recurring execution using Ansible Tower web interface.
- Designed and implemented Continuous Integration system: as Jenkins servers, nodes and created required Python scripts as well as bash scripts to create/configure Linux VMs and Implemented a Continuous delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub.
- Build and deploy Java code through Jenkins and Code coverage analysis using SonarQube. Run quality checks using SonarQube & upload it to Nexus repository.
- Configured Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Installed and configured of Dynatrace monitoring tool. And created email alerts and threshold values using Dynatrace for our environment.
- Provided trend analysis from analytics, statistics, specifications and data visualization within APM tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk.
- Monitor and ensure stability of infrastructure by leveraging Datadog and New Relic in conjunction with Pagerduty.
- Used Kafka for building real-time data pipelines between clusters and integrated Apache Kafka for data ingestion.
- Automated AWS resources, Apache Spark, Zookeeper, Cassandra Clusters, Kafka Clusters by using Terraform.
- Deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full-text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and CloudWatch.
- Automated setting up server infrastructure using Ruby, Shell, Python scripts. Developed python career path through professional development while working on python projects.
Environment:AWS (EC2, ECS, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud watch and Route 53), OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus,AWS, shell script, Bash, Docker, Chef, Terraform, ELK, Jira, Apache Kafka.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Created AWS EC2 instances and deployed applications and delivered for QA teams to initiate performance testing and Integrated third party user directory access to Amazon using SAMLtokens.
- Integrated Amazon Cloud Watch with Amazon EC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics.
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, Managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket.
- Worked in creating WebSphere/Tomcat Application Server Clustered Environments and handling Load Balancing for QA, UAT and Production.
- Worked on Amazon AWS EC2 cloud services for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images like Amazon Linux AMI, Red hat, Ubuntu. Created and managed multiple Instances of Apache Tomcat and deployed several test applications in those instances in QA environment.
- Setup and upgrade NoSQL database servers and replication environments.
- Installed and configured code rules, keys of SonarQube for code analysis and created of SonarQube dash boards for different team members based on their roles to monitor the progress of project source code.
- Worked on creation of customDockercontainer images, tagging and pushing the images andDockerconsoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Created custom modules and manifests in Puppet using Facts, Resource Types and Provider to configure, install and run various applications and customized puppet scripts to perform further provisioning for entire stack.
- Managed Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3 bucket, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto-Scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS Console and API Integration with Puppet Code.
- Monitoring health of infrastructure servers and mission-critical using Nagios and used log management tool like Splunk to create dashboards and reports for issue analysis.
- CreatedJenkinspipelines involving several Downstream/Upstream job configurations based on dependencies from other application based on Release methodologies.
- Created branches and managed the source code for various applications in GIT. Managed and implemented central repositories along with GIT to host central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for security compliance.
- Implemented Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution and deployment onto tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Experienced in several areas of Jenkins like master/slave administrations, access controls, report generations, parameterized /triggered build setups etc.
- Configured SSH, SMTP, Build Tools, and Source Control repositories in Jenkins. Installed multiple plugins to Jenkins. Configured Proxy to get auto updates.
- Build Scripts using MAVEN and ANT build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Experience in installing, integrating, tuning and troubleshooting Apache and WebLogic application server.Supported developers for Java based Web Applications
Environment: Amazon Web Services, Puppet, Docker, SVN, Git, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, GIT, Nagios, Shell Scripts, Python, SonarQube, UNIX, JIRA, Tomcat.
Build and release engineer
- Worked in Agile Project management Process, JIRA for Issue Tracking and monitoring and with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post-development environments.
- Converting the ANT Build projects to Maven Build projects. Experience in development of build scripts using Ant, Maven.
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, release tracking and reporting on UNIX platform.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Used combination of Puppet Master, R10K Wrapper, Git Enterprise, Open stack(Horizon), Vagrant and Simple UI(Jenkins) developed a puppet module for automation.
- Expertise on all aspects ofpuppetcomponents with knowledgeable to create POC’s for enterprise organizations, setting uppuppetrepo’s (local & remote) working with both hosted and standalone server versions.
- Wrotepuppetmanifests for deploying, configuring, and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Building and Deploying Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process, troubleshooting the build and deploy failures.
- Worked on SonarQubedashboard to review the code changes and the reviewer would comment or make necessary changes.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Wrote Bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers and prepared Ruby codes, programming of web applications and testing services on daily basis.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml. Configured Jenkins to build Java Code using Meta Case Software and executed CI process on the Java code generated.
- Managing permission for files and directories with chmod and managing different kind of services like DHCP, FTP, NFS, Apache Web Server.
- Proposed different branching strategies for SVN to support the parallel development for various projects.
- Configured and managed jobs in Jenkins. Set up jobs for auto deployment and Created backup scripts for SVN Subversion and perform the backup activity every week.
Environment: (SVN), TFS Version 2013, Jenkins, Jira, Java/J2EE, C#, API Developer, ANT, MAVEN, Puppet, Nexus, Urbancode, Web Logic, Python, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Linux (RHEL), Windows XP, Oracle, JIRA, Udeploy.
- Experience in installing, upgrading and configuring Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Installed the latest patches for, Oracle on Red hat Linux servers, Configured and administered Send mail, Samba, Squid servers in Linux environment.
- Set up the Linux Cron jobs for automating various build related jobs and application data synchronization jobs.
- Configured Kickstart and Jumpstart servers to initiate installation of RedHat Linux and Solaris on several machines at once and Updated previous LDAP tools to work with version of Ruby Rails.
- Install, maintain and upgrade Drupal and Word press on LAMP stack and Configured LAMP Stack on Unix/Linux servers.
- Configured the NIS, NIS+ and DNS on RedHat Linux 5.1 and update NIS maps and Organize the RHN Satellite Servers in combination with RHN Proxy Server.
- Worked on Linux Package installation using RPM and YUM, provisioned system with LVM.
- Experience in creating and managing user’s and group’s accounts, passwords, permissions, disk space allocations and process monitoring in CentOS and Red Hat Linux.
- Installation and management of packages via RPM and YUM package management system.
- Installation, configuration and support of Apache (HTTP) on Linux production servers.
- Creation of new disk partitions and File Systems: Swap, ext4, LVM (Physical Volumes, Volume Groups, and Logical Volumes).
- Management of system logs (rsyslog server), system automated tasks (cron jobs) and Implementation of file transfer systems using FTP, NFS, and SSH (SCP).
- Installed and configured LDAP Server, Mail Server, Samba Server, NFS Server, Asterisk/Elastix/Trixbox Server, Oracle Database Server, Oracle Application Server and VMware Server.
- Build artifacts (WAR’s and EAR’s) are deployed into a WebLogic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development, INT, QA, UAT and Production.
- Worked on supporting database systems including Oracle, MySQL on Linux/Unix, and Windows environment
- Package and patch management on Sun-Solaris Servers by using The Solaris Patch Manager Tool and Sun Patch Check to obtain a listing of available patches.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
Environment: RHEL 5/6, Samba, Linux VM, Solaris 9/10, Bash/shell, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, MySQL, Oracle, Apache, VMware, LDAP, Shell scripts, Bash, Python.
- Provision, installation and configuration and support of Windows 2008/2008R2/2012 Servers, upgrading Windows Server 2003 to Windows 2008 and 2012 on virtual machines to ensure server compliancy as part of the build process.
- Provide 1st/2nd level support for Windows/ESXi servers running on a combination of HP/Cisco hardware.
- Provided the administration of all Windows Server 2008R2/2012 system SCCM 2007/2012 servers and event logging.
- Wrote shell scripts for Automated Back- ups and Cron Jobs using shell, bash and python.
- Created Users on Windows servers using AD.
- Configured Terminal Server to access to the servers using Remote Desktop Protocol.
- Maintaining Local Area Network (LAN), using Cisco Switches.
- Responsible for Active directory, GPO, Domain users, Administrating users and groups and given appropriate permissions and privilege to access our LAN and Domain environment.
- Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Putty and Cyber duck
Environment: Windows 2008/2003/2000, Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP, TCP/IP, NTFS, Dell Power Edge, IBM XSeries, HP ProLiant Servers, VMware ESX 3.5, 4.0&5.0 Servers