- 8 years of extensive experience in Windows Systems and Virtualization. Design Implementation and troubleshooting of mission critical IT systems assignments.
- Deploy, upgrade and manage systems, including virtual infrastructure, hardware, software, networks, databases, servers and peripheral equipment.
- Worked on Microsoft Azure (Cloud computing) to deploy and manage IAAS infrastructure
- Extensive experience in Windows Server 2012/2008/2003/2000 servers at single or multi domain platforms.
- Knowledge on Windows server 2016 servers.
- Expert in Windows Server System Administration skills.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Identity technologies including Active Directory, Group Policies and Windows File Services.
- Experience on Microsoft Azure in deploying and managing Windows OS Virtual Machines
- Experience in configuring high availability on Virtual Machines created in Azure
- Hands - on experience in Project Management, Deployment, Administration, Installation, Maintenance and Troubleshooting of various Microsoft Operating Systems and Application, Networks and Computers.
- Experience in Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP, File & Print Server, IIS (Web Server), IIS 6.0/7.0/7.5/8.0/8.5 , FTP, Terminal Server, RIS, WSUS, Microsoft Clustering, Exchange Mail Server and ISA Server.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies like Installing, Configuring and administering VMware ESX/ESXi and created, managed VMs (virtual server) and also involved in the maintenance of the virtual server.
- Expertise in building Microsoft Windows 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2003 servers using HP Smart Start, Array configurations, diagnosing server, Updating Firmware Application Software under multi-platform environments, deployment & monitoring physical Servers.
- Experience in managing multiple Windows systems with Microsoft SCCM 2007 providing patch management, remote control, software distribution and OS deployment.
- Worked on ESX and ESXi 4.0, 4.1, 5.1, 5.5, 6.0.
- Worked on vCenter Server 4.1, 5.1, 5.5, and 6.0 for managing multiple ESXi Servers.
- Build and troubleshooting experience with ESX and ESXi Servers, vSphere and vCenter manager.
- Worked extensively on Templates and clones.
- Implemented and managed HA, DRS clusters.
- Knowledge on Change Management and ITIL processes.
- Expertise in the area of Virtualization with vSphere 6.0/5.0/4.x, VMware ESXi 6.0,5, 4 and 3.x hosts and Virtual Center server.
- Involved in upgrading ESX 4.1 to ESXi 5.0.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience in data center Migration.
- P2V and V2V conversions using VMware Converter Enterprise 4 and PlateSpin.
- Strong understanding of VMware Networking concepts like creation of vSwitches, different types of port groups, NIC Teaming and VLAN.
- Managing VMware ESX 4.X, 5.x, 6.0 Virtual Center and vMotion, storage vMotion.
- Knowledge on iSCSI SAN, NAS, NetApp storage and RAID concept.
- Extensive understanding on networking concepts, (IE Configuration of networks, TCP/IP, VPN, VLANs, and routing in LAN/WAN, Ethernet Port, Patch Panel virtual networking, wireless networks & Cloud computing concepts)
- Experience with x86/x64 Intel, HP & Dell hardware like rack-mounted servers, tower servers, desktop, laptop and other peripherals.
- Responsible production support of Active directory (AD), GPO, GPP, Domain users, Users and groups and given appropriate permissions, shares and privilege to access LAN and Domain environment.
- Administrating, creating and modifying DNS records, DHCP scope, reservation, DFS link, Web servers including record/scope creation, troubleshooting WINS, DNS and managing user, group accounts.
- Familiar with Data Center/Server Farm environment like Servers deployment, Cabling & labeling, Environmental Sensing Devices and UPS monitoring.
- Knowledge in EMC Clarion SAN Storage, HP EVA 8400 and NAS storage.
- ESX Architecture, guest OS installation, setting up of VM priorities, Cloning, Templates and snapshots.
- Extensive experience with Windows 2008 clustering services.
- Experience in Migration from Exchange Server 2007 to 2010.
- Developed PowerShell scripts to automate various tasks in Exchange 2010.
- Developed Windows PowerShell script to automate setting of user credentials and activation ofWindows.
VMware: VSphere, VMware View 4.5/5.0, VMware ESX 3.5/4.1/4.0/5.0/6.0 , Virtual center server 4.1/5.1/5.5/6.0 VMware converter enterprise, VMware Update Manager, HA, DRS, DPM, vMotion and Storage vMotion, VMware ESXI server, SRM
Operating System: Windows Server 2003/2008R2/2012, WINTEL servers, Windows XP/Vista/7, VM Ware ESX/ESXi server, Citrix Xen Server, Hyper-V. Serves OS/Hardware Cisco UCS Blades, HP Blade Enclosure C7000 and HP Storage ProLiant Blades BL Series extender 2000, EMC NS480.
Protocols: TCP/IP, WINS, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, HTTP/S, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, LDAP, NNTP, RDP, Citrix ICA.
Backup Tools: Software and ADMT, MS Baseline Security Analyzer, Symantec Backup exec, TSM
Applications: MS Visio, McAfee EPO, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Trend Micro Office Scan 8.0, Acronis, Symantec Imaging /Ghost, Dell OpManager, VM backup tools/Scripts and Veeam tools.
Remote Tools: RDP, RADMIN, VNC, LogMeIn, Dameware, PCAnywhere, Team Viewer, ILO
Email: SMTP, IMAP, Gmail Postini Console, Spam and virus filtering
Storage Technologies: ISCSI SAN, FC SAN, NAS, EMC (clarion, DMX, CX4, VNX, VMAX), NetApp.
Confidential, New York, NY
IT Staff Engineer
- Take operational ownership of the New Jersey data center infrastructure and its associated components and services (Wintel servers, Citrix, Linux, Storage, backups, etc.)
- Support Microsoft Windows server technologies (Server 2008/2012/2016 ) Operating Systems in large-scale corporate environments with experience in Server Engineering & Administration. Demonstrate, analyze, test, implement and manage Windows-based technologies. Have experience in recent release of Windows OS family and many of VMware, vSphere, Exchange, DNS and Active Directory platforms.
- Responsible for the installing, configuring, maintenance and support of server operating systems (MS Windows & Linux), virtual server environments, software packages, and underlying network systems company wide.
- Build, configure and Implement Windows/Linux technologies along with managing, optimizing and supporting. Also provide Monitoring, planning for growth and capacity of the environment.
- Will manage the servers (including: O.S Installing, monitoring, troubleshooting, virus-protection, patch deployment, resources observation and hardware/software upgrades)
- Perform preventative maintenance including backups, patches, and vulnerability remediation on all information Technology systems as required. Enhance Security practices, standards and procedures to ensure that critical company assets, including data are secured.
- Responsible for installing DELL EMC unity storage boxes and managing the SAN/NAS devices in Data Center.
- Monitor performance of Windows servers and server applications, identify root-cause and resolve issues. Work with vendors in getting the cases submitted, working together on the issue, troubleshoot & RCA.
- Produce, maintains and update technical documentation. Establish and document all required Wintel-related standards and procedures required to maintain an effective corporate computing environment.
- Efficiently implementing next generation Cloud-based solutions within the guidelines of the overall architecture and take operational activities in AWS or Azure
- Provide support for developers and development efforts related to Windows, IIS and Application Wrappers as well as other web based platforms.
Environment: Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008, 2003, ADDS, VMware ESXi 6.0/5.1/5.0, vSphere 6.0,5.5,5.0, Cisco UCS blade servers, HP ProLiant DL and Blade Servers, DELL Blade servers, DNS, DHCP, SAN.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Worked extensively on DELL VRTX Power Edge M630.
- Configured the VRTX as per standards.
- Extensively involved in Server upgrade for all our Mill sites.
- Installing, Managing, Supporting Windows 2012/2008/2003 Servers and VMware ESXI servers 6.0, 5.5
- Build Virtual Machines in Azure using Microsoft Azure Portal
- Configured Storage account and always-on availability on Azure Virtual Machines
- Managed identity on Azure to provide access to various application teams in the organization.
- Visiting all of our sites and replacing Old Infrastructure with new setup.
- Configured and verified VM Failover and Application Failover for all our servers.
- Installed patches through SCCM and Manually.
- Worked extensively with our Network Team for configuring vLAN id, Port groups, Switches.
- Configured and Promoted RODC for all our sites.
- Configured and assigned the static IP’s for all our new servers as per standards.
- Installed Splunk Universal Forwarder and Monitoring tool on all our servers.
- Extensively worked on installing Ransomware related patches on all our Azure and Mill servers.
- Worked extensively on deploying vm’s from the Template.
- Worked on installing, Managing, Configuring vSphere client 6.0
- Troubleshooting the user issues and extensively worked on Cloud plus ticketing tool.
- Involved into design of 2 server model for our next phase.
- Implemented backup solution for the infrastructure
Environment: Windows Server 2012, 2008, 2003, Microsoft Azure,Active Directory, VMware ESXi 6.0, 5.5 vSphere 6.0, DELL Power Edge M620 VRTX, DNS, DHCP and Dell Hardware.
Confidential, Orlando, FL
- Involved in Managing, Installing, and Supporting Windows 2012/2008/2003 Servers and VMware ESXi Servers 6.0, 5.5, 5.1, 5.0.
- Implementing Disaster Recovery in Windows 2012/2008 Domains.
- Expertise in remote control, patch management, software distribution, operating system deployment, network access protection, and hardware and software inventory using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Maintained Web by installing IIS 8, FTP Sites and creating Virtual Directories in IIS.
- Major Data Center Refresh, Greenfield Data Center Build- Design/Migration to new Active Directory, Exchange, and SQL environment.
- Installing and Managing ESXi servers on HP, DELL, Cisco hardware’s and installation of vCenter Server, vCenter Components and upgrading VMware Tools.
- Migration of ESXi host and Vm's across datacenters.
- Upgrading from vSphere 4.1 to vSphere 5.0.
- Performed troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP, IIS and Active directory.
- Building ESXi 5.5/5.0 Hosts and maintain those ESXi servers through vSphere Client.
- Taking care of capacity planning for new clusters, ESXi and VM storage issues.
- Configured HA, DRS clusters, FT for required VM's.
- Configured syslog server and dump collector.
- Creating and managing resource pools and adding the VM's into the pools.
- Used tools such as VMware Converter, PlateSpin PowerConvert, and Veeam FastSCP to work on ESXi Environment for the P2V conversions.
- Implementation of Active Directory infrastructure and Network fundamentals, protocols (such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS), Group Policy and Profile Management.
- Created Snapshots according to user's requests and requirement.
- Administered SSL certification deployments and PKI Infrastructure.
- Capacity planning using Capacity planner and VMware guided consolidation for gathering the physical machines CPU and Memory usage metrics.
- P2V Hot conversions using converter enterprise 3, 4 and 5.
- P2V cold conversion using VMware Converter Boot CD.
- Presenting FC SAN LUN's, RDM's iSCSI LUN's and NFS mounts.
- Created vSwitches and different ports groups for different purposes.
- Taking care of NIC teaming at ESXi server level for redundancy.
- Updating and upgrading ESXi servers using vCenter update manager.
- Performing tasks such as vMotion and Storage vMotion.
- Maintained records for event, audit and application logs and Event Logs.
Environment: Windows Server 2012, 2008, 2003, Active Directory, VMware ESXi 6.0/5.1/5.0, vSphere 4.1, 5.0, 5.5 HP ProLiant DL and Blade Servers, DNS, DHCP, Cisco UCS blade servers.
VMware and Windows Administrator
- Installed, configured and administering Microsoft Windows 2008/2003 servers.
- Provide Active Directory, Group policy and user profile maintenance.
- Implemented PowerShell scripts that automated creation of contacts from Active Directory users.
- Perform regular maintenance of Server 2008 and 2003, which consist of adding users, editing user login scripts, granting permission to directories and shared files.
- Involved in the VMware implementation and expansion work.
- Add 50+ hosts bringing total to 105 managed hosts and administered more than 1500+ VMs.
- Created and managed separate VMware clusters like QA, Development and Production.
- Perform capacity analysis of existing physical production environment using VMware Capacity Planner.
- VMware tools upgrading and Windows patch updates.
- Migrating datacenters and converting physical servers to virtual servers using VMware convertor and HP Blade servers resulting in a reduction of racks and power usage, decrease downtime during maintenance, upgrades and improves monitoring.
- Created and managed resource pools for Virtual Machines.
- Monitoring and managing performance of ESXi servers and Virtual Machines using Virtual Center Server for HA, DRS.
- Involved in live migration of Virtual Machines and Virtual machines files using the vMotion and Storage vMotion.
- Handled the VMware solutions to support multiple storage connectivity options such as FC-SAN, iSCSI, NFS (NAS) and internal storage.
- Administered and setup print servers in Windows 2008/2003 server.
- Creating & Troubleshooting of Virtual Network, ESXi & Virtual Machines.
- Creation of templates from VMs and deploying VMs from templates.
- Administer for windows server 2003-2008 and all related server services including FTP, AD, DNS, DHCP and VPN.
- Creating a test Environment in VM Machines for Production Team to test their applications.
- Monitor around 600 physical servers with SCOM, SCCM 2007 and HP insight manager.
- Maintain Symantec Endpoint protection (SEP) management console.
- Provided technical support to troubleshoot network connectivity, network printing and user access issue.
- Troubleshoot windows infrastructure by resolving trouble tickets assigned by the users.
Environment: Windows Server 2008/2003, Active Directory 2003, VMware ESXi 4.0/3.5, VSphere 4.0, ILO, HP ProLiant Servers and Dell Hardware.
- Installing, configuring & administering Windows 2003/2000 Server.
- Updated Firmware and ProLiant Support Pack for Windows 2000/2003 servers.
- Managing Domain Controllers and Additional Domain Controllers.
- Actively involved in Active directory by creating Users, Groups, OU and adding them into security groups.
- Implementing Disaster Recovery in Windows 2003/2000 Domains.
- Configuration of Domain Naming Server (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Involved and implemented DNS zone transfer between the sites.
- Implementing Disaster Recovery by Optimizing FSMO roles Placement.
- Created User Accounts, Configuring User Profiles, creating local and Global Groups and implementing Group Policies.
- Sharing Folders, Planning and Assigning NTFS Permissions and System Policies.
- Installation of Operating Systems Windows 2000, 2003.
- Installed, Configured Encase Agent on multiple servers using PDQ tool.
- Performed system backups and Recovery procedures, closely following SOPs to ensure security.
- Configuration and Managing Remote Installation Service (RIS).
- Implementing user administration like adding, deleting and modifying user accounts.
- Responsible for operations and maintenance for TCP/IP.
- Performance monitoring using Vizoncore vfoglight.
- Performed troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP, IIS and Active directory.
- Provided looping for connectivity in case of major physical media breakdowns.
- Planning and scheduling the network down time for various upgrades and maintenance check.
- Monitor all windows backup and perform fine-tuning every 15 days.
Environment: Windows 2003/2000 Servers, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Network Printers HP ProLiant Servers.