- A highly knowledgeable and results - oriented IT professional and demonstrated ability to work independently or cooperatively as part of a team. A highly motivated and ambitious individual able to give timely and accurate advice, guidance, support, and training to team members and individuals. Having a proven ability to lead by example, consistently hit targets, improve best practices and organize time efficiently.
- 9.5 years of experience as Linux Administrator.
- Provided on call 24X7 production support.
- Consistent learning in teh IT field keeping up with teh latest technologies.
- Participated in high severity tech call.
- Experience with AWS.
- Detail-oriented, multi-tasker with strong organizational skills.
- Extensive hands on experience with RHEL 6.
- Extensive knowledge of VMware 5.5 and 6.0.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in utilizing hardware systems: IBM, HP, ZT, Super Micro.
Confidential, Charlotte NC
Linux System Administrator
- Installation, setup and configuration of RHEL, CentOS and VMware Virtual Infrastructure products in different hardware are in a datacenter environment.
- Providing Development, QA and Production support for teh RHEL.
- Participated in high incident tech call for all critical applications.
- Perform standard system administration tasks, such as patching, software and hardware upgrades, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Participated in developing long-term Linux/RHEL strategies for teh enterprise environment to stay current with technology and provide teh required functionality to teh organization.
- Create users with limited and full root privileges, create and manage sudoers.
- Perform day to day Linux administration such as user accounts, logon scripts, directory services, file system shares, permissions, and etc.
- Used vMotion to move teh VM when necessary.
- Proficient in VMware Datacenter and its hierarchy.
- Familiar with HA and fault tolerance.
- Worked with storage teams to configure LVM using EMC SAN, NAS and iSCSI configuration.
- Set up and maintain Domain Names System (DNS) servers.
- Install and configure various services like DHCP, NFS, NIS, Samba, SSH, Telnet, HTTP, Yum Repositories.
- Familiar with System logs.
- Set up NFS and Samba File sharing on Linux and Windows servers.
- Strong understanding of underlying VMware ESX Hypervisor Architecture.
- Utilized cloud watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU, Memory set alarms for notification.
- Documented instances, system configuration, OS, and process.
- Used vCenter to create new VM, Cloning and deployment of VM’s from templates.
- Proficient in using AWS EC2, EBS, S3, VPC etc.
- Created VPC, Subnets, Route tables, Internet Gateways, Security Groups.
- Created Windows AD instance in EC2 for Windows Software deployment team.
- Created Linux instance for Linux team.
Linux System Administrator
- Designed, set up, installed, configured and performed administration of RHEL servers.
- Setup and configured HP Blades, HP ProLiant servers in a datacenter environment.
- Provided production support for teh RHEL infrastructure.
- Available on call 24x7 on rotational basis.
- Participated in high severity incident tech call for platinum and gold applications.
- Setup automated installs for Linux servers using Kickstart.
- Setup NFS and Samba File sharing setup on Linux and Windows servers.
- Used VMware P2V to migrate from physical to virtual.
- Setup and configured Apache in RHEL servers.
- Installed, configured and managed VMware infrastructure (ESXi, Virtual center)
- Configured virtual switches, network interfaces, port groups.
- Patched operating systems, applications, and equipment firmware.
- Configured all teh servers and servers to synchronize with teh NTP Server.
- Monitored and tuned teh system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Hardened Internet facing systems to provide maximum availability and security.
- Managed systems, processes, and procedures tied to day-to-day and long-term facility maintenance, repair, and operations.
- Implemented and supported FTP, VSFTP, SFTP, DHCP, TFTP, PXE, IPA.
- Performed daily system monitoring, verified teh integrity and availability of all hardware and server resources, and reviewed system and application logs.