- Professional with around 8 years of experience in IT industry comprising of cloudimplementation, build release management, software configuration, design and developmentand strong analytic and advanced technology & business expertise in Banking, Insurance, Healthcare service and e - commerce sectors.
- Goal-oriented and possess teh ability to think out of teh box and develop innovative IT solutions while being flexible to changing situations which offer maximum business value to projects to develop perfectly detailed result by working with dynamic teams.
- AWS Certified Developer with effective professional experience of 8 years in IT industry as a Linux Administrator, Build and Release Engineer, DevOps and Cloud Engineer with major focus on Cloud Platforms, Infrastructure Automation, Source Code Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment.
- Splendid expertise on AWS Cloud-Specific services which include EC2, VPC, IAM, RDS, ELB, EMR, ECS, Autoscaling, S3, Cloud Front, Glacier, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, Elastic Cache, Route53, Ops Works, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, RedShift, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, SES.
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure services such as Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Blob storage, Data Factory, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling, deploying Web Apps, monitoring by Application Insights and creating Web-Jobs.
- Hands on experience inAzurecloud services,Azurestorage,Azureactive directory andAzureService Bus. Managing Client's MicrosoftAzurebased PaaS and IAAS environment.
- Managed and Configured environments DEV, QA, UAT and PROD on Pivotal Cloud Foundryand OpenStack for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Experienced in both Cloud Formation and framework and to automate AWS environment creation along with teh ability to deployment on AWS, using build scripts (Boto3 and AWS CLI) and automate solutions using Python and Shell. Expertise in Shell, Bash, Python, Ruby and Perl Scripting languages.
- Configured and managed Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) to implement fault tolerance and avoid single point of failure of applications, thus providing high reliability and efficient usage and Auto Scaling which allows for automated Scalability and Disaster Recovery.
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, to setup IAM policies for users, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications, database templates and Security groups.
- Excellent understanding on teh principals and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile (scrum) and Waterfall methodologies.
- Used Open shift for container orchestration with Kubernetes, container storage, automation, to enhance container platform multi tenancy to automate deployment, scaling and management of containerized applications.
- Used Chef Automate to build, manage and deploy applications, configured Chef Server and have done unit testing on Chef environment using In-Spec as well as test kitchen.
- Expertise in using Chef with knife commands to manage nodes, Cookbooks, Chef recipes, Chef attributes, Chef Templates, run-lists, environments.
- Vigorously worked on Ansible playbooks, inventories, created custom playbooks written in YAML language, encrypted teh data using Ansible Vault and maintained role-based access control by using Ansible Tower.
- Experienced working on several Docker components like Docker images, containers, Docker-Hub, Docker Registry as well as familiar with advanced technologies like Docker Compose, Docker Swarm and Docker Weave.
- Experience in Vagrant and Docker based container deployments to create self-environments for dev teams and managed teh clusters using Kubernetes. Evaluated Kubernetes for Docker Container Orchestration.
- Knowledge on various Puppet components like manifests, modules, resource, mCollective Factor, Catalogs and rewrote many Puppet modules to modern code-quality standards.
- Experience in setting upPuppetMaster,puppetAgents for managing enterprise policies and configurations.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement teh CI process and integrated teh tool with Ant and Maven to schedule teh builds.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration(CI) and Continuous Delivery(CD) process implementation using Jenkins, Hudson and Bamboo along with Shell(Unix) and Python Scripts to automate routine Jobs.
- Experience in branching, merging, tagging, develop, manage Pre-commit, Post-commit hook scripts; maintaining teh version across teh environments and provide support for parallel development using SCM tools like GIT (GitHub and GitLab), Subversion(SVN), Bitbucket.
- Designed Splunk Architecture, Queries and created Applications on Splunk to analyze Data.
- Created internal diagnostic tools using Golang and AngularJS to assist with customer issues. Golang and Java were used as a backend REST service while AngularJS was used for teh user interface
- Set up and managed ELK (Elastic Search, Log Stash & Kibana) Stack to collect, search and analyze logfiles across servers, log monitoring and created geo-mapping visualizations using Kibana in integration with AWS Cloud watch and Lambda.
- Worked on creating teh modules driven AWS Infrastructure withTerraform. Created Infrastructure Git repositories forTerraformto launch teh stacks.
- Worked withTerraformkey features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Extensively experienced in using build automation tools like Maven and ANT for teh building of deployable artifacts such as jar, war and ear from source code to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively.
- Experience in installing and configuring teh application and web servers like Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, Web Logic and deployed several applications on these servers and extensive experience on bug tracking tool like Jira.
- Experience in Issue Tracking tools JIRA, Remedy, Service Now. Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plugins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub.
- Familiar with Atlassian tool stack such as Bamboo, Bitbucket, confluence and Hipchat.
- Experienced in developing Keyword-Driven & Hybrid Framework using Gradle.
- Experienced in performing installation and configuration of Nginx and Apache servers and their web development.
- Expertise in installation, configuration and management of relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL. Excellent knowledge in working with NOSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB and Cassandra.
- Handful of experience with web servers and clients in different programming language such as C++, JAVA.
- Familiar with Unit Testing (Jasmine, Karma), Integration Testing and Automation testing (SELENIUM), and experience with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Accessibility Testing.
- Expertise in Architecting, installing, configuring, maintaining, designing, development, implementation and support onLinuxRedHat EL 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, Debian, CentOS 4.x,5.x, Oracle Enterprise Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris 8,9,10 and VMware V-Sphere ESX/ESXi environment.Involved in migrating physical Linux/Windows servers to cloud (AWS) and testing
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot enterprise-wide Apache Web Servers and Tomcat application containers in large RedHatLinux/CentOS environment.
- Administered various flavors of Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris, Ubuntu, Fedora) and worked on Logical Volume Manager(LVM), Veritas Volume Manager, Kickstart, Bonding, LAMP and LDAP.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Red Hat Linux 4/5/6/7, Windows servers 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012R2, Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Solaris 11/10/9/8.
Cloud Platform: Amazon Web Services, Azure, OpenStack, PCF and Google Cloud.
Application Servers: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 2.0.x, JBOSS 4.x/5.x, Red Hat, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
Automation Tools: Puppet, Chef, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Kickstart, Jumpstart, Terraform, Kubernetes.
Virtualization: VMware Client, Windows Hyper-V, vSphere 5.x, Datacentre Virtualization, Virtual Box, KVM, Power VM
Volume Manager: Logical Volume Manager, VERITAS Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager
Version Control Tool: Git, SVN, Bitbucket, CVS.
Database Technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Couchbase.
Scripting: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bourne, Korn and Bash Shell scripting, PowerShell, YAML format, JSON format.
Monitoring tools: Splunk, Nagios, ELK, App dynamic, Cacti
Networking Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, FTP/SFTP, HTTP/HTTPS, NDS, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, LAN
Confidential, Dublin, OH
Sr. DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Involved inArchitect, build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zoneAWScloud infrastructure utilizing Chef and Ansible withAWSCloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Created Spot AWS EC2 instances for production environment using Spot Fleet and Reserve by analyzing capacity pools depending on containers and Big data in ECS and EMR along with taking backups with teh help of EBS Snapshots.
- Involved in migrating On-Premise environment to cloud architectures as well as developing technical road-maps for future cloud implementations, migrated various DBs to Amazon Aurora by generating SCT assessment report in conjunction with (DMS) Data Migration Service for zero downtime to load data into new schema.
- Configured AWS IAM polices for users, utilizing Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) service and API Keys for login authentication and protects teh data at rest using (KMS) Key Management Service and data at transit using (TLS) Transport Layer Security protocol.
- Configure and deploy AWS Lambda service to run codes in response to events and automatically manage resources. Configured Bastion Host and NAT Gateway to provide a route to backend servers with higher level of security to download and update software packages.
- Configured applications dat runs multi-container Docker applications by utilizing Docker-Compose tool which uses a file configured in YAML format. Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push teh code to EC2 Cloud using Chef.
- Implemented and maintained Chef, Ops Works Configuration management extending several environments in VMware, AWS cloud and created Cookbooks for Chef using teh Ruby programming language.
- Improved ROI by establishing a true DevSecOps culture, introducing automation, Jenkins pipeline development, Configuration Management (Chef), and streamlining technical and business processes across teh organization.
- Experience in managing Ansible Playbooks, roles and modules. Designed Rapid Application Deployment(RAD) methods using Ansible to automatically deploy servers as needed and done custom development by taking playbooks from Ansible Galaxy.
- Worked on Kubernetesfor creating new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes by accessing from outside, created Pods through new application and controlling, scaling and troubleshooting pods through SSH.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers and coordinated with security, development, and operations team to migrate to Docker containers on Kubernetes.
- Integrated Jenkins with Docker container using Cloud bees Docker pipeline plugin to drive all microservices builds out to teh Docker Registry and then deployed to Kubernetes. Integrated Selenium automation regression test suite in Jenkins build pipeline.
- Managed a cluster of Docker nodes as a single virtual system using Clustering and Scheduling Tool, Docker-Swarm and created virtual network dat connects Docker containers across multiple hosts using Docker Weave.
- Created automated pipelines in AWS Code Pipeline to deploy docker containers in AWS ECS using services like Cloud Formation, Code Commit, Code Build, Code Deploy.
- Implemented a continuous Delivery Pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and Whenever a new GitHub branches are created Jenkins automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Implemented continuous integration web hooks and workflows aroundJenkinsto automate teh dev test deploy workflow around Chef codebase.
- ImplementedJenkinsWorkflow and Plugins for repeatable deployments of multi-tier applications, artifacts and services to Docker and Red Hat.
- Implemented Blue/Green Deployments with zero downtime where teh current environment is replicated to latest version with Kubernetes to resolve teh bug fixes and redirect teh traffic to it once teh issues are resolved.
- Developed microservices in Open Shift using pods, services, route and scaled up pods with Kubernetes Replication Controller as well as recovers a lost one with new pod with Open Shift.
- Created Ansible roles using YAML such as tasks, variables, files, handlers, templates and writing playbook for dat particular role. Experienced in Kubernetes deployment YAML files of microservices, replication controllers, Helm charts, Scheduler, clusters.
- Automated builds using Maven and scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins. Built Jenkins pipe line to drive all microservices builds out to teh Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Setup Continuous Delivery(CD) pipeline using Ansible playbooks which consists of a Jenkins and Sonar server, teh infrastructure to run these packages and various supporting software components such as Maven, Ant.
- Deployed teh generated build to Web and Application Servers using teh Continuous Integration(CI) process to all environments and coordinated with different teams to deploy builds to environments on parallel development for multiple projects.
- Managed central repositories, implemented Atlassian Stash (Bitbucket) along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews; login audits for Security Compliance.
- UsedTerraformas infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation. Managed AWS infrastructure as code usingTerraform.
- WrittenTerraformtemplates, Chef cookbooks pushed them onto Chef for configuring EC2 Instances and Solved Gateway time issue on ELB and moved all teh logs to S3 Bucket by usingTerraform.
- Backed up and restored configurations and data of various tools (SVN, Jenkins), databases (Oracle and PostgreSQL) and servers (Windows and Linux) as required and good command on GO language.
- Implemented teh use of Nagios tool for monitoring and analyzing teh network loads on teh individual machines and worked on bug tracking tools like Jira and automated testing of web applications using Selenium.
- Responsible for building components to connect to other micro-services using Kafka, Elastic search, REST.
- Created teh ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana) for Log managing within EC2 for Elasticsearch with Rest API's and setup Log Analysis, AWS Logs using ELK and manage searches, dashboards, custom mapping and automation of data.
- Installed and configured a LAMP server on CentOS (Red Hat) as well as configured firewall rules utilizing iptables to harden teh environment.
- Configured Linux systems by installing teh Operating Systems in various systems by using Kickstart process, automated daily cron jobs and have good command in scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Shell.
Environment: AWS, Open Shift, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Elasticsearch, Log Stash & Kibana (ELK), Eclipse, Linux, Unix, Windows, Git, Go, Maven, Jenkins, Python, Perl, Nagios, Apache, Tomcat, Jira.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Design, Plan and createAzurevirtual machines, Implement and manage virtual networking withinAzureand connect to on-premises environments.
- Hands on experience in using tools like Docker Compose, Kubernetes for orchestrating, linking and deploying teh services related to teh containers.
- Worked with Identity Access Management of Azure Subscriptions, Azure AD, Azure AD Application Proxy, Azure AD Connect, Azure AD Pass through Authentication. Troubleshooted as well as debug build, network and deployment issues.
- Implementing and managing global intranet project using Scrum (Agile framework), Office 365, MicrosoftAzure, Hybrid Active Directory, CSOM, PowerShell and SharePoint Infrastructure Management tools.
- Configured and maintained Azure Storage Firewalls and Virtual Networks dat uses Virtual Network Service Endpoints to allow administrators to create network rules dat allow traffic only from selected V Nets and subnets, creating a secure network boundary for their data.
- Worked on variousAzureservices like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles),AzureWebsites, Caching, SQLAzure, NoSQL, Storage, Network services,AzureActive Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, and PowerShell Automation.
- Virtualized teh servers using teh Docker for teh test environments and dev-environments needs, also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Created and managed Docker images from Docker Hub and handled multiple images for middleware installations and domain configurations. Created Ansible playbook files for windows server builds, configuration, and application installation.
- Configured VMs availability sets usingAzureportal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets usingAzureResource Manager to manage network traffic.
- Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in teh VNet withAzureInternal Load Balancer.
- Designed, configured and deployed MicrosoftAzurefor a multitude of applications utilizing Azure (Including Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, HD Insight Clusters,AzureSQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Automated deployments, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts, provided container-centric infrastructure byKubernetes.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize teh end product configuration.
- Developed teh chef recipes, cookbooks using Ruby syntax and uploaded them to teh master chef server using chef client tool like chef-repo.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Ansible. Written Ansible Playbooks to configure, install software and other packages on to teh application.
- Maintain Chef servers and management application dat can use Service Now (CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Experienced in Azure Storage Planning - Used Blob Storage for document and media files, Table storage for structured datasets, Queue storage for reliable messaging, workflow processing and file storage to share file data.
- Design, Implement, manage, backup, and monitor storage solutions in accordance with teh HA and DR requirements of teh enterprise Hosting environment, Create and manageAzureAD tenants, and configure application integration withAzureAD.
- Installed SonarQube plugin in Jenkins and integrated with project maven script. Experience with Build Management Tools Ant and Maven for writing build .xmls and Pom.xmls.
- Performed Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus, Yum. Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub.
- Set-up a continuous build process in Visual Studio Team Services to automatically build on new check-in of code then deploy dat new build to theAzureWeb application.
- POC's with teh Confluent Schema Registry, Rest Proxy, Kafka Connectors for Cassandra and HDFS
- Experience in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and teh implementation of micro services inPCF.
- Ensured, successful architecture and deployment of enterprise grade PaaS solutions using Private Cloud Foundry(PCF) as well as proper operation during initial Application migration and net new development.
- Created private cloud usingKubernetesdat supports development, test and production environments.
- Involved in Creating and Managing Virtual Machines in WindowsAzureand setting up communication with teh help of endpoints.
- Selecting teh appropriateAzureservice based on compute, data, or security requirements and leveragingAzureSDKs to interact withAzureservices from your application.
- Experience on Power Shell scripts to automate theAzurecloud system creation including end-to-end infrastructure, VMs, storage, firewall rules.
- User management with build tools Maven to create JAR, WAR, EAR and documented build process, branching strategy and continuous integration design and setup along with deployment instructions for dev and QA team.
- Implemented and maintained teh branching, tagging & build/release strategies using SCM tool like GIT, and maintained build packages using Team Foundation Server (TFS) on Linux & Windows platform.
- Automated Installation and configuration of Apache, Tomcat servers using Python and supported implementations of Kafka and RabbitMQ message servers running Linux and Windows server.
- Deployed teh initialAzurecomponents like Networks, Gateway, Storage and Affinity groups.
- Worked with various scripting languages like Bash, Perl, Shell, Ruby, PHP and Python. Wrote Python scripts for pushing data from Mongo DB to MySQL Database.
- Experience in end to end knowledge of teh project, starts with Unix process and do business logic and again calls shell script in NOHUP mode, which in turn calls PLSQL program to complete teh business requirements etc.
- Understanding & usage of Atlassian tools (i.e. Bamboo, JIRA, Nexus). Working with JIRA tool to track all teh defects and changes released to all environments.
Environment: Azure, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Maven, Ant, Puppet, J2EE, .Net, Kubernetes, Eclipse, WebLogic, WebSphere, CVS, Subversion, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Windows, Linux, Nagios.
Confidential, Irving, TX
DevOps Automation Engineer
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs.
- Created S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for Archival storage and backup on AWS.
- Written JSON templates for cloud formation and ruby scripts for puppet automation and contributing to our repository in Bitbucket.
- Managed servers on AWS cloud platform using Puppet, Ansible as configuration management tools.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Technologies likeChef.
- ConfiguredChefat Linux machines and schedule jobs to read every 30 minutes.
- TestChefCookbook modifications on cloud instances and using Test Kitchen andChefSpec.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with puppet and AWS Ops Works stacks across product platforms.
- Created Lambda functions to upload code and to check changes in S3, MongoDB table and to integrate AWS web Application Firewall with ELB and Cloud Front.
- Worked on building infrastructure using Puppet automation and install SSL certs through secure https port on Red hatLinuxservers.
- Managed central repositories. Implemented Atlassian Stash along withGITto hostGITcentral repositories for source code across products & login audits for Security Compliance.
- Performed code lineGITpushes (releases) to production and customer servers and developed and improvedGITpush scripts.
- Connected continuous integration system withGITversion control repository and continually build as teh check-in's come from teh developer.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell, modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Support teh applications on Java, build and deploy Java/J2EE applications usingANTand trouble shoot teh issues.
- Implemented a CI/CD (Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery) framework using Bamboo, Maven &Nexus in Linux environment and Integration of Maven, Nexus, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry.
- Created Repos in teh JFrog Artifactory for storing teh generated Maven and npm artifacts fromJenkins.
- Implemented teh setup for Master slave architecture to improve teh Performance ofJenkins.
- UsedJenkinsfor Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Responsible for Upgrading, administering, plugin management, User Management and Job creation in Bamboo.
- Highly involved in Configuring, monitoring and multi-platform servers by defining puppet server from puppet DB to manage and configure node.
- Using Arc Sight Investigate forSplunkSecurity Logs and Created Multiple Dashboards at a Time.
- StandardizedSplunkforwarder deployment, maintained and configured across Windows platforms and UNIX.
- Configured Bamboo as a CI engine to build and promote applications to QA, UAT and Staging to Linux environments.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such asSplunk, for Resource Monitoring / Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Upgrade teh Linux from 3 to 5 using thekickstartmethod for teh FIX application and upgrade and configured VCS 5.1.
- Implemented Kickstart/PXE Boot Servers dat Rsync between multiple locations.
- Provided L2/L3LinuxAHT Support (Above Hypervisor Support) to more TEMPthan 500+ Customer Servers running RHEL 5, 6, 7.2.
- Associated with DBAs for installation of Oracle database onLinuxservers & for tuning, backup and restore.
- Experience with RHEL Linux systems, virtualization in a large-scale environment, experience with Linux Containers.
- Create and Cloned Linux Virtual Machines, Templates using VMware vSphere Client and migrating servers between Esxi Hosts.
- Performed FVT in conjunction with TSM/HSM, NFS, SSL, SSH, Samba to thoroughly test GPFS security and other functions onLinuxand AIX.
- Installing and applying security policies on Red Hat Linux for hardening teh server based on teh company's policy.
Environment: AWS, Ansible, Puppet, Zabbix, Nexus, ANT, MAVEN, Splunk, Confluence, Bit Bucket, GIT, JIRA, Python, SSH, JBoss, JAVA/J2EE, Mongo DB, My SQL, Apache, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, LAMP stack, Kickstart.
Confidential, Juno Beach, FL
Build and Release Engineer
- Setting up teh automation environment for Application team if necessary and help them through teh process of build and release automation and automated deployments across all environments using Udeploy and Jenkins.
- Supporting teh application team in making them analyze about teh automation implementation and other related issues. Co-ordinating with QA/DEV/Project/Delivery/Production support/Managers and Performance teams to look in concerns, issues and addressing those aspects to meet teh delivery dates.
- Proposed and implemented several release processes to achieve consistent results and stabilities across environments.
- Designing a process for pro-automation using Jenkins in all teh application environments and making sure it follows all teh standard procedures of teh Application SDLC.
- Experienced in setting up Continuous Integration environment usingBamboo and used teh continuous integration toolBambooto automate teh daily processes.
- Working on Deployment procedures using middleware like Web sphere, creating deploy scripts and setting for teh Production Release.
- Monitoring applications health through dashboard. Maintained Nexus administration tasks.
- Communicating with teh Application team and making them understand about teh automation tool and its features.
- ConfiguredPuppetto perform automated deployments.Expert in User Management and Plugin Management forPuppet.
- Drove releases, automated release process. Developed unit and functional tests in Python and Java.
- Coordinate release activities with Project Management, QA, Release Management and Web Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for development of build artifacts on teh source code.
- Analyzing teh tools and application architecture and implement it on different environments, making it more user-friendly for teh application team.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of teh Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and teh access control strategies
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects. Worked with QA to facilitate verification of releases and was involved in running multiplebuildsat a time.
- Worked on high-volume crash collecting and reporting system, built with Python. Performed dispatcher role to distribute tasks assigned to teh onshore team.
- Involved in several discussions on streamlining end-to-end test environment across teh organization.
Environment: GIT, SVN, Ant, MAVEN, Clear, Linux, Perl Scripting, Python, Puppet, Jenkins, Subversion, Bamboo, Agile, Shell scripting, JBOSS, Nexus, Windows, UNIX, WebLogic, JIRA.
Linux/Unix System Administrator
- Responsible for installation, configuration of Red Hat EnterpriseLinux4.x/5.x at other data center over teh network.
- Experienced in system builds, server builds, install, upgrades, backup, performance monitoring, reliability of various flavors of Linux like Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat Linux, Debian, Fedora and SUSE, UNIX (Solaris, IBMAIX) along with Windows.
- Monitoring of network services (SMTP, POP3, HTTP, NNTP, ICMP, SNMP, FTP, SSH) and host resources (processor load, disk usage, system logs) on a majority of network operating systems like UNIX, Linux and Windows using Nagios.
- Performed troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and Active Directory and fixed NFS, TCP/IP and other protocols in Linux clusters using TOP, vmstat and IOstat commands as well as maintained application backups.
- Installed, configured and administrated VMware ESXi and migrated existing Linux servers into VMware infrastructure.
- Using Shell Scripting and CRON, automated day-to-day tasks to check disk usage, system maintenance and cleanup of file system.
- Package and patch management on Sun-Solaris Servers by using Teh Solaris Patch Manager Tool and Sun Patch Check to obtain a listing of available patches.
- Troubleshooting Linux system, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IP tables, Firewall. Package management, setting up repositories, applying patches using YUM and RPM.
- Managed RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) in Linux dat stores data in multiple copies for high availability and fault tolerance and disk management using Veritas and Logical Volume Manager (LVM) in Unix and Linux.
- Used LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack in building some of teh applications in Linux especially RedHat.
- Configured kickstart file and installed operating systems on multiple machines using kickstart over FTP.
- Assigned Jira to track teh activities of tasks done by teh developers and Confluence for documentation purpose.
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby scripting on Linux.
Environment: Linux, Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS, Fedora, Debian, SUSE, VMWare, Solaris, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, Unix, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, LDAP, Windows, RAID, LAMP, SSH, telnet, Python, PHP, Shell, Nagios, SMTP, HTTP, FTP, Jira, Confluence, Vagrant
- Installing, tuning, troubleshooting and patching of Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers and Sun Solaris.
- Monitoring server performance and troubleshooting server related problems to SNMP.
- Handling teh day-to-day Operations, install software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitoring performance and troubleshoot alerts, Solve Server Problems in LINUX.
- Installation, integration and management of data backup/recovery solutions. Management and configuration of VMWare virtual machines running Oracle/Sun Solaris X86/64, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Oracle Linux server.
- Performed server updates, patching, upgrade and package installations using RPM and YUM.
- Managed patches configuration, version control, service pack and reviews connectivity issues regarding security problems.
- Configured volume groups, and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
- Involved in writing teh presentation layer in JavaServer Pages (JSP).
- Developed an API to write XML documents from a database. Utilized XML and XSL Transformation for dynamic web-content and database connectivity.
- Write and execute scripts in Selenium WebDriver.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cronjobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Jumpstart & Kick-start OS integration, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, Samba, NFS, FTP, SSH, LDAP integration.
- Performed daily system administration tasks like managing system resources, writing scripts, LVM management and end users support, manage operations and security issues
- Monitored servers, switches, ports with Nagios monitoring tool. Made changes to teh configuration files on client servers and host server.
- Troubleshooting of day-to-day operational problems, client-side issues, and hardware problems in teh systems.
Environment: Linux, REDHAT, OPENSUSE, Ubuntu, Unix, HP-UX, Solaris, Windows, Veritas Cluster Server, VMWare, VMWARE ESX server, SSH, FTP, Kickstart, HTTP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, Korn Shell, Bash, Python, Bonding, Ethernet, LAN, Perl and LDAP directory.