- 9+ years of experience in automating, configuring and deploying instances in the areas of Data Center Operations, Systems Administration, Cloud computing, Software Configuration Management(SCM).
- Build servers usingAWSImporting volumes, launching EC2, RDS, S3,creating security groups, auto - scaling,loadbalancers(ELBsinthedefinedvirtualprivateconnection.
- UtilizeAWSCloud watch to monitor environment for operational & performance metrics during load testing.
- CreateAWSinstances via Jenkins with EC2 plugin and integrated nodes in Chef via knife command line utility.
- Continuous integration and automated deployment and management using Jenkins, Team city, Puppet, Chef,Ansible,Docker.
- Executed a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins, GitHub andAWSAMI's, results in generatinonewDocker container whenever a new Github branch get started.
- Experienced with automating release process using Maven, Jenkins, and Jira as tools in diversified project environment.
- Extensively worked on several build tools like ANT and Maven etc.
- Developed Chef Cookbook and Recipes to manage system configuration.
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Automated the builds using Anthill Pro/Jenkins/Hudson to single click.
- Technical skills span Device drivers,TCP/IPProtocols and Firmware development.
- WorkedTCP/IP, Cisco Routers, Layer 2 3 Switches, WAN Circuits including Frame-Relay, Leased lines, ISDN Technologies
- Used Apache Tomcat as application server for deploying the artifacts.
- Knowledge of Puppet as Configuration Management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deployed critical applications, and proactively managed change.
- Configured Jenkins/Hudson for doing the build in all the non production and production environments.
- Experience in trouble shooting Configuring and Deploying Enterprise Applications in application servers such as Tomcat and Jboss.
- Worked with Chef to aid with deployment process and migrating in house systems to Amazon Cloud Services.
- Installing Configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven, ANT, and Puppet.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins, Build Forge and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Worked with the Configuration Management tool called Ansible for the code automation.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS and on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Well knowledge in CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies with Jenkins, AnthillPro.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of source control management systems, such as Sub Version (SVN), Perforce, GIT and knowledge of IBM Rational Clear Case.
- Hands on experience with theAWSCLI and SDKs/API tools likeAWSAPI for Puppet and chef.
- Worked with the configuration management tool called Ansible for the code automation.
- Knowledge and expertise in every phase of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), and QALC (Quality Assurance Life Cycle).
- Worked on Jboss, Apache, Mail Server, and Firewall in both development and Production.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Linux (Ubuntu, Red hat/SUSE, CentOS) phase of the
Operating Systems: Linux Red Hat (4.x, 5.x, 6.x), Linux CentOS, Ubuntu, Unix, Windows
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT Hub, Clear case, CVS and Bit bucket
Web/Application Servers: Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere and JBOS
Automation Tools: Jenkins, Build Forge and Bamboo
Build Tools: Maven, ANT, Build Fage, Gradle
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible and Terraform
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy
Scripting: Shell scripting, Perl, Ruby, Json and Python
Virtualization Tools: Oracle Virtual Box, Workstation, VMware and VSphere
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Cloud watch, Splunk, Keynote, Cloud Trail, Log Stash
Cloud Platform: AWS, VPC, EBS, Cloud Formation
Languages: C/C++, Java
Confidential, Mountain View, California
- Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations involvingAWSCloud platforms, EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, ElasticCache, Cloud WatchSNS,AWSImport / Export.
- Hands on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools like AWS API for Puppet.
- Ensure data integrity and data security on AWS technology. Understand and monitor metrics on AWS.
- Good experience onDevOpstools such as Chef, Vagrant, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Bamboo, SVN, GIT, TFS, and Docker.
- Experienced in Cloud automation usingAWSCloud Formation templates, Python, Ruby, Chef andPuppet.
- Troubleshoot network issues (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSH, DNS) to internal and external customers.
- Good experience in converting build.xml into pom.xml in order to build the applications using MAVEN.
- Experience with Windows Servers, Active Directory, NAS, IIS 4/5/6, Cisco routers & switches, HP DL & ML server series.
- Expertise in Java build tools like ANT, MAVEN for the building of deployable artifacts such as (jar, war & ear) from source code and MS-Build for .Net.
- Experience utilizing PowerShell to automate common functions.
- Implemented Puppet modules to automate the installation and Configuration for a broad range of services.
- Integrated Build dependencies and dependency blocking strategy in Bamboo.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools like Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
- Used Splunk, Graylog, Nagios, Hyperic tools for monitoring the system problems.
- Good understanding of full SDLC with Solid expertise on software Build/Release, Configuration process andDevOpsEngineering.Setup the Chef Workstation, Chef Server and Chef nodes.
- Experience in running web scale services on Amazon Web Services.
- Have a good experience in writing many scripts using many popular different languages like Python, Ruby and Shell based scripting.
- Used Jenkins/Cruise Control in conjunction with ANT and MS Build to automate the builds.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to install and configure Apache, Tomcat, Splunk, Jenkins, Rundeck and deployment automation and Integrated Jenkins, Rundeck and Chef.
- Expertise in container technologies and writing containerized software Docker.
- Installed and configured automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Strong experience in working in Linux and Windows environments.
- Worked on Vagrant for configure lightweight, reproducible, and portable development environments
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating Cookbooks comprising all resources, Data bags, templates, attributes.
- Worked on "Continuous Delivery" project, streamlining Dev workflow, integrating automated QE validation, and delivering standardized releases based on Docker to Operations for deployment.
- Experience in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, DB2, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Experience in Automation, Installation and overall Configuration Management of servers using Puppet and Chef.
Environment: AWS, Nexus, Chef, Puppet, Maven, ANT, Ansible, Hudson, Jenkins, GIT, Docker, PYTHON, RUBY, Bamboo, Nagios, Vagrant, LINUX, Cookbooks, Terraform, SDLC.
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
- Familiar wit AmazonAWSCloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud FormationOPS Work, Security Groups.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform using chef configuration management tools.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as analysis, planning, developing, testing, implementing and post-production analysis of the projects.
- Design CI/CD processes in the context of a Jenkins orchestration, including the usage of automated build, and deployment tool.
- Monitoring of EC2 instances using Nagios. Involved in Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Experience in Setting up Connection Strings and connecting SQL Server AZURE Databases from locally Installed SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS) for Developers.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS)& configuration management using puppet.
- Performed AWS Cloud administration managing EC2 instances, S3, Cloud Formation, SES and SNS services.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security GroupsRoute Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Created Buckets in AWS and stored files. Enabled Versioning and security for files stored.
- Installation of Nagios on Amazon Web Services.
- Experience inAWSElastic Beanstalk for app deployments and worked onAWSLambda with Amazon kinesis.
- Maintained and administered GIT /Subversion source code tool.
- Created Branches Labels and performed Mergers in Stash GIT.
- Used Puppet for automation of repetitive processes done in apache, user administration, file management and managing file and directory permissions in the different environments.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Migrate the Build tool Jenkins to Bamboo and integrated with Bit bucket and JIRA. Implemented Workflows Orchestration using Bamboo.
- Experience in Installing, upgrading and configuring RedHat Linux 3.x, 4.x, 5.x and 6.x using Kickstart Servers and Interactive Installation.
- Worked on provisioning different environments using Chef, Puppet and other Configuration management tools.
- Worked in creating, uploading new Cookbooks and recipes.
- Provided ongoing support in systems management and administration of LINUX/UNIX in global-scale environment
- Operations - Custom Shell scripts, Ruby scripts, VM and Environment management.
- Experienced in working onDevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Services etc.).
- Implemented and configured Nagios for continuous monitoring of applications in the production environment and enabled notifications via emails and text messages.
- Configuring of VPC and Route 53 DNS with networking of subnets containing servers.
- Worked on installation and configuration ofDevOpsAutomation Tool Puppet.
- Installed and Managed Jenkins and Nexus for CI and Sharing Artifacts respectively within the company.
- Understanding & usage of Atlassian tools. Used JIRA as deployment issue tracking tool.
- Developed build and deployment script using ANT, Shell to Setup development and QA environments.
Environment: AWS, EC2, S3, VPC, SDLC, GIT, Chef, Puppet, Cookbooks, Ruby, JIRA, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Nagios, Terraform, Bamboo, Cloud Formation, Hudson, Templates, Bash, Gradle, Docker, LINUX.
Confidential, Milford, CT
DevOps/Build & ReleaseEngineer
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, intuitive, and analytical and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
- Creating alarms in Cloud Watch service for monitoring the server performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc.
- Automated Linux production servers setup using Puppet Scripts. Used these scripts to replicate production build environments on a local dev boxes using vagrant and Virtual Box.
- Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery using Jenkins, Bamboo and troubleshoot the deployment build issues using the trigged logs.
- Worked forDevOpsPlatform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Regular Build jobs are initiated using the Continuous Integration tool like Jenkins.
- Implemented Jenkins workflow and plugins for repeatable deployments of multi-tier applications, artifacts and services to Docker.
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Managed infrastructure resources in cloud architecture with close coordination with various functional teams.
- Handling complete Build and Release process including code, documentation and supporting testing team along with the server Administration.
- Work with QA to facilitate verification of releases. Running multiple builds at a time.
- Installed and Configured the Apache Tomcat application servers for Dev and Integration Test Environment.
- Installed and configured Nexus Repository Manager to share the artifacts between the teams within the company.
- Created detailed documentation of complex build and release process and post release activities process, JIRA workflow and Release notes.
- Automated the process of deployment to Apache Tomcat Application Servers by developing Python Scripts.
- Created and updated Puppet manifests and modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository.
Environment: Maven, ANT, Jenkins, GIT, Chef, Nexus, JIRA, Hudson, JBoss, Apache Tomcat, Python, Ansible, SDLC, Docker, Nagios, Windows, Linux.
Build & Release Engineer
- Maintained and Administered GITHUB Source Code Tool also Developed and supported the Configuration and Change Management Processes and Procedures.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins like find bugs, check style and PMD with Maven.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Updated Release reports from change management control.
- Monitoring the source network performance specifically on Nagios alerts.
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools like Ansible, PUPPET.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process. Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Implementation of a Puppet based configuration management system for Linux machines (physical and virtual).
- Used ANT and Python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process to deploying the web services.
- Used services deploy command for building the web services. Used maven for few modules.
- Experience working on User admin groups, maintaining account and monitoring system performance using Nagios.
- Created continuous integration system using Ant, Jenkins, Puppet full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GITHUB.
- Documented the deployment process (Migration Doc) of code to production on an Excel Sheet.
- Installed Jira and confluence on Tomcat server.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the accesscontrol strategies.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Configuring and Administering the Jenkins Continuous Integration servers.
- Creating new build jobs, Integration testing jobs and deploy jobs in Jenkins to automate the process.
- Managed the maven artifacts using Nexus repository.
- Edited and Modified POM.xml for a few applications that used Maven.
- Automated the process of deploying to ApacheTomcat Application Servers by developing Perl Scripts.
Environment: Subversion, Perforce, Jenkins, GIT, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, Python, Ansible, Puppet, Hudson, Web Server, Web logic, Mercury, Test Drive, Quality Center, Visual Build.
- Installation, maintenance and regular upgrades of Red Hat Linux servers using kick start based network installation.
- Worked on RAID controllers for hard disk mirroring and striping with parity.
- Managed VMs for Solaris x86 and Linux on VMware ESX 3.5 and administering them with VI Client.
- Provided installation, configuration & maintenance of pre-prod and production Cloud environments including services such as Tomcat, Apache, Kickstart, Cassandra, Hadoop, MySQL, Jira, etc.
- Created Bash, shell & python scripts for various Systems Administration tasks to automate repeated processes.
- Wrote bash Shell Scripts for getting information about various Linux servers.
- Eliminated extended downtime of network and processes by installing and configuring a Nagios server to monitor Windows/Linux servers.
- Managing Permission for files and Directories with Chmod, ACL. Managing different kinds of services like Samba, DHCP, DNS, FTP, NFS, Apache Web Server, and Postfix Mail Server.
- Worked on VxFS, UFS, ZFS and ext3 file systems using VERITAS Foundation Suite 5, SVM and LVM.
- Troubleshoot at user level on IP /TCP network environment.
- Implemented NFS, DNS and NIS under SUN.
- Performed the administration of the Domain Name Server and configuration of the Database Files.
- Installed and Configured Send Mail Utility on Sun UNIX Servers.
- Automated tasks using Korn, Bash Shell scripts.
Environment: Bash, Shell, Python, Apache, Linux, Korn, Samba, Bash Shell, SVM, NIS, NFS, DNS.