- A spring individual with an overall 8+ years of experience in IT industry comprising of delivery management, design, development, release & deployment, and cloud implementation.
- Experience of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Methodologies & Validations to ensure the Quality Assurance Control.
- Good experience on DevOps tools such as Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Maven, MSBuild, XLDeploy, Apache, Tomcat and Nagios, Virtual Box, VMWare, Kubernetes.
- Expertise in AWS platform and its dimensions of scalability including EC2, Lambda, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, SES, SQS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), Elastic Beanstalk, Auto scaling, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Security Groups, Redshift, Direct Connect and other services of the AWS.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Bash, shell, PERL, Ruby and Python.
- Good in using of Shell scripting languages including BASH.
- Experience with the scripting languages like Python, PHP, and HTML.
- With development methodologies including Agile.
- Maintaining Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment in multiple
- Environments like DEV, TEST, STAGE & PROD.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Bit Bucket on UNIX/LINUX and Windows environment.
- Creating and maintaining GIT repositories also analyzing and resolving conflicts related to merging of source code to GIT.
- Configured and integrated sonarQube and veracode for code quality and security analysis.
- Used Configuration management tool Chef and created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Developed expertise in writing Shell scripts, Python to automate the package installation, web server and instance configuration.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services platform instances using Chef Configuration management.
- Used Ant and Maven as build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Experienced with Build Automation Using Ant, Maven and Artifact management tools sonatype, Nexus.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End - to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experienced with Docker container service.
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile.
- Worked with logging/monitoring tools such as CloudWatch and Nagios.
- Experience in implementing and administering monitoring tools Splunk and Nagios.
- Experience in using Bug Tracking tools like JIRA and HP Quality center
- Experienced with orchestrating the containers using Kubernetes.
- Good experience with Web and Application servers like Web sphere, Nginx, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic.
- Configure Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana to provide an end-to-end pipeline for log analytics in near real time
- Used Python fabric for AWS instance provisioning.
- Experience in administrating, deploying and managing UBUNTU and CENTOS servers.
- Strong experience in working in Linux and Windows environments.
- Expertise in Agile Testing Methodologies &Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience extending AD into VPC.
- Experience in deploying system stacks for different environments like Dev, UAT, Prod in both on premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Maintained production stack and deployed the releases to NON-PROD and PROD environments using
- Efficient in working closely with core product teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of Builds.
Cloud/AWS: Compute - EC2, ECS, ELB, Auto Scaling, Dev Tooling & Management - Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Code Deploy, Openshift, Lambda, Step Functions, ServerlessFramework, Terraform
Platforms: AWS, Azure, GCP, Linux, Unix, Windows
Release/ProjectManagement: MicrosoftReleasemanagement Server
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Vagrant, Docker, XL Deploy, Terraform, XL Release, Chef, Puppet.
Big Data: AWS EMR, Redshift, DynamoDB, Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, Yarn, MapReduce, Hive, Hue, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie, NiFi, Cassandra
LAN Technologies: Ethernet Standards, VLAN, Inter-VLAN Routing, SMTP, Ether Channel, PortFast, ACL.
Protocols: IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, NAT, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, IPSEC, SSL, HTTP, SSH.
DevOps: Git, Jenkins, Travis CI, CodeDeploy, Ansible, JFrog Artifactory, CloudFormation, Terraform, ELK Stack, Trello, Docker, Kubernetes, Gatling, Chaos Monkey
Agile: Trello, Rally, Jira, Confluence, Slack, Flowdock
Programming Language & Configuration Tools: Python, C, Bash, Perl Scripting, Java, HTML, Ruby, Visio, Puppet, Chef & Salt Stack, Jenkins, Bamboo, Maven, Ant.
Databases: DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL, HBase, Cassandra, Neo4J, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson & Bamboo, Gradle, NPM, Yarn, Jam, Gradel, Bazel.
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
Sr. AWS/DevOps Engineer
- Migrated the currentLinuxenvironment toAWS/RHELLinuxenvironmentand used auto scaling feature and Involved in Remediation andpatching of Unix/LinuxServers.
- Working onAWSAuto Scaling for providing high availability of applications andEC2instances based on the load of applications by usingAWSCloudWatch.
- Managing AWS infrastructure provisioning(S3, ELB, EC2, RDS, Route 53, IAM, security groups - CIDR's, VPC, NAT)and deployment andEC2Installs withCentOS, UbuntuandRHEL6.
- Expertise in Amazon AWSCloud Administration which includes services:EC2,CloudWatch, S3, EBS, VPC, RDS, ELB, Route 53, SNS, SQS, Lambda,DynamoDB, Auto Scaling, Security Groups, ECS, Kinesis,RedShiftandCloudFormation.
- Worked on real-time processing is especially powerful when coupled with Elastic search, kibana and Logstash.
- Designed and deployed AWS solutions usingEC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic loadBalancer (ELB), Auto-scaling groups,Opsworks.
- UsingJava fundamentals like parallel streams and filters through lambda expressions to handle searching.
- Managing local Deployments in Kubernetes using OpenShift platform, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Involved in performance of troubleshooting and tuningHadoopclusters.
- Used SonarQube dashboard to review the code changes and the reviewer would comment or make changes.
- Supportedmigrationeffort within an enterprise VMware infrastructure into AWSCloudenvironment.
- Migrated an On-premises virtual machine toAzureResource Manager (ARM) Subscription
- Web application development usingAgilemethodology usingRubyon Rails,MongoDB
- Collaborate in the automation ofAWSinfrastructure viaterraformandJenkins- software and services configuration viachef cookbooks.
- Worked onChefAutomation including writingCookbooksand customizedrecipesfor test driven development environments & configuration management and infrastructure automation.
- Set upJenkinsserver andbuild jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling theGitsource controlsystemduring the day and periodic scheduledbuild overnight to support development needs usingJenkins, Selenium and Maven.
- Performed Continuous Integrated delivery (CI and CDprocess) usingJenkins, Spinnaker andUdeploy.
- Integrated Jenkins withuDeployand CreateduDeployComponents,uDeployprocess, installeduDeployagents on both windows and Linux machines according to application team requirements.
- Supported and deployed to web application servers such asWebLogic, JBOSS,Apache Tomcat, andApacheHTTPDservers.
- Building/MaintainingDockercontainer clusters managed byKubernetesLinux, Bash, GIT, Docker, on GCP.
- Worked withOpen Shiftplatform in managingDockercontainers andKubernetes Clusters.
- Streamlined installation ofOpenShifton partner cloud infrastructure such as AWS and Azure.
- UtilizedKubernetesfor the runtime environment of theCI/CDsystem to test deploy.
- UsedJIRAfor all our projects in scrum methodology for creating stories and giving points to the stories, and updated stories as per our sprints.
- Worked on infrastructure withDockercontainerization and maintainedDockerImages and containers.
- Migrated data from Heterogeneous Data Sources and legacysystem(DB2, Access, Excel) toSQLServer databases usingSQLServer Integration Services (SSIS) to overcome transformation constraints.
Environment: AWS, Chef, SVN, Jenkins,Docker, WebLogic, JIRA, Kibana, Oracle, Sonarqube,SQL, Shell, Groovy, Perl, Python, Ant, Maven, ApacheTomcat, Java, RHEL/Linux, Centos, Solaris,Udeploy,Terraform,Splunk, Redshift, Kubernetes,JBoss,OpenShift.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to CHEF for Cloud Automation.
- Collaborated with Development and Support teams to setup a CD (Continuous Delivery) environment with the use of Docker and Jenkins, continuous build and delivery tools.
- Conducted business impact analysis & risk assessments of business functions. Accordingly, designed, developed, documented and implemented Disaster Recovery infrastructure for mission critical servers.
- Install, configure and manage Continuous integration, Delivery, Automation and configuration management tools to make the OpenShift cloud setup. Managed all microservices infrastructure with openShift.
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework tools
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Worked on migration from Datacenter to AWS.
- Worked on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Design and Launch Cloud Formation Stacks in AWS, relying on configuration management tools.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, CHEF, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Managed local Deployments in Kubernetes using OpenShift platform, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Managed and optimize the CI (Continuous Integration) tools like Jenkins.
- Install, Configure, and Administer Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Written CHEF Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers.
- Used CHEF, Knife, Ohai to create cookbooks and recipes to install packages that automate with Linux.
- Setup CHEF Cookbooks to perform builds and deployment management.
- Automate Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Provide stable build environments for product development.
- Worked on Administration, maintenance and support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers.
- Experienced with RESTful API's of Elastic Search to analyze, search and visualize real-time data.
Environment: Redhat (5.x), ElasticSearch, EC2, ELB, Nagios, Sonarqube, openshift, Kibana, Cloud Formation, Chef, AWS, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, GIT, Docker, Apache, Nagios, MySQL, Python
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
Build and Release/DevOps Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using GITsource control.
- Designed and implemented container, managed unit and integration test framework using Jenkins and GIT.
- Created and updated Puppet manifests and modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository.
- Built CI pipelines for Java, .NET and C# projects using Atlassian tools such as Bitbucket and Bamboo.
- Installed organization approved plugins on Bambooagents such as Veracode, JUnit and Maven 3x.
- Used Bamboofor integrating the SCM tools such as SVN and Bitbucket for automatic build processes.
- Working on environment where Elastic search for deep search and data analytics and Logstash for centralized logging and Kibana for powerful and beautiful data visualization.
- Experience with Terraform and Cloud Formation to do configuration management.
- Experience working with AWS cloud with services like EC2, S3, RDS, Route53, VPC, Auto Scaling Groups, ELB etc.,
- Provide CI/CD solutions integrating tools such as Bamboo, GIT.
- Experience in writing cloud formation scripts for various resources like EC2, ELB, Security Groups
- Experience working with Docker containers and images.
- Setup Artifactory on AWS using Nginx as a reverse proxy push and pull docker and npm images to the Artifactory from local system to remote Docker repositories on Artifactory.
- Migrated Sonarqube from very old version to latest version with zero down time and automated the infrastructure using Terraform.
- Extensive exposure to Configuration Management policies and practices with regards to SDLC; along with automation of Shell Scripting.
- Writing build (Maven) and deployment scripts(Shell) to automate build and deployment of the application.
- Wrote Python Scripts for creating backups for EC2 instances data
- Configured and administered JIRA with Stashusing Jira Fisheye- Stashplug-in.
- Experience working with different LINUX Environments.
- Experience in writing build scripts using Bash to efficiently run the projects on the build system.
- Developing Chef Recipes for automation of routine processes and setting up jobs to run these recipes regularly
- Developed Puppet modules to automate deployment, configuration, and lifecycle management of key clusters
- Evaluated Mesos/Marathon for Docker Container Orchestration.
Environment: GIT, Bamboo, Artifactory, AWS, Maven, New Relic, Kibana, Openshift, WINSCP, Putty, Terraform, Java/J2EE Packer, Docker, Shell Scripting, SonarQube, Nginx, Stash, Apache, Tomcat, Chef, Puppet, Bash.
Build Release Engineer
- Developed and maintained UNIX/Perl/Ant scripts for build and release tasks.
- Provided on-going support and administration for SVN, ClearCase, ClearQuest and ANT build automation.
- Performed system administration and operations tasks using Chef, Nagios.
- Integrating GIT and ClearCase with CruiseControl, Jenkins.
- Studied the current build and release process and automated the process using Shell scripts.
- Responsible for management of release pipeline, scheduling and prioritizing release
- In-depth knowledge of Apache Subversion (SVN) and Jenkins/Hudson Continuous Integration Server - Installation, Configuration, Design and Administration, plus experience of extending and integrating these tools with other systems, platforms and processes using Java, Shell Scripting, XPath, JNLP.
- Expertise building and monitoring software projects continuously with a CI tool, Bamboo, Hudson, Cruise Control, Build Forge, Visual Build Professional.
- Worked on real-time processing is especially powerful when coupled with Elastic search, kibana and Logstash.
- Using the Client’s Rational ClearCase Administration tool performed the following processes / procedures
- Modified ANT scripts to build the JAR’s, Class files, WAR files and EAR files from VOB’s.
- Developed utilities for developers to check the checkouts, elements modified based on project and branch.
- Created Subversion configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Installed Cruise Control and performed troubleshooting during installation.
- Deployed applications on Jetty and JBOSS application servers by writing some Puppet modules, manifests and using modules from puppet-forge.
- Troubleshooting build and deployment issues and fixing them. Creating and modifying TFS team queries as per requirement.
- Demonstrated the Build and Deployment process to all our team members.
- Worked with Cruise Control for automated build and release.
- Sound knowledge of Linux environment with expertise in using commands for various activities
- Automated Maven, Ant (Java, Flex code) with VisualBuildPro and then fully integrating it in Cruise Control.
- Designed the scripting of xml build files (for J2EE build with ant compiler) and providing technical support to development team for compilation problems.
- Created an Ant script for build and deploy of IBM Message Broker and Process Server applications through anthill.
Environment: SVN, Git, JBoss,Websphere, Kibana, Apache ANT, Bamboo, TFS, JIRA, XML, Maven, Jenkins, Anthill pro, Shell Script.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Installed and configured GIT for communicating with the repositories in GitHub.
- Involved in setting up the CI/CD automation environment for Application team and help them through the process of build and release automation.
- Integrated Git with Jenkins for automating the code check-out process.
- Created branches, tags and performing merges for application using Git.
- Designed Delivery pipeline in Jenkins based on different Environments like Dev, UAT and Production.
- Configured Jenkins Master and Slave for deployment on Apache Tomcat and WebLogic server.
- Assigned tasks to developers, notified changes and tracked day to day activities using JIRA.
- Used Ant/Maven for building Java Applications, invoked and worked with Oops.
- Employed Ansible for configuration management and application deployment
- Deployed JAVA applications in Tomcat. Installed, tested and deployed monitoring solutions with Splunk services.
- Worked on several build automation tools like ANT, Maven and Build Forge.
- Automated the infrastructure using Chef, managed the Chef client nodes and uploaded the cookbooks to Chef server from workstation.
- Worked on various application servers like Tomcat/WebSphereApplicationServers.
- Worked on installing and configuring the routing type and route in web servers.
- Used ApacheTomcat as application server for deploying artifacts.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release media and release notes for each scheduled release.
- Worked on database automation version for MySQL and OracleDB
Environment & Tools: Jenkins, Git, JIRA, Splunk, Bash, ANT, Maven, JAVA, Chef, Ansible, GitHub, Tomcat 7.0, WebLogic 10.3.6