- SCCM 2012 Experience Required (SCCM 2007 not sufficient)
- Advanced understanding of Content Distribution and Management, Maintenance Windows, Queries, Application Deployment, Packaging Deployment, Operating Systems Deployment, LTI and ZTI Operating System Deployment, Microsoft Software Updates, and 3rd - Party Integrations.
- Full knowledge of the Operating System Deployment process from design to deployment and the support tools and technology involved (SCCM, MDT, WDS, PXE, Bootable Media, Task Sequences, MSI and MST files, etc.)
- STRONG SCCM, OS, AD and Application troubleshooting abilities.
- Experience with top level support (no escalation beyond).
- STRONG experience in the following tools: MDT, APP-V, InstallShield, Software Repackagers, MSI Tables
- Ability to fully script repeatable tasks, Operating System Deployment, Application Installs and configuration changes.
- Experience in Windows XP/7/8/10 from an Administrator perspective (not desktop support.)
Windows Server Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Expertise in Support/building Servers with Windows Operation Systems 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2.
- Collaborating with offshore team on server build process.
- Deployed Fat Applications throughSCCM2012.
- Deploying every month Microsoft released patches and updates throughSCCM
- Handled the server builds from end to end for projects.
- Migrated servers from Physical to Virtual.
- Deployed clusters in 2012 with an accurate DR strategy with High Availability.
- Tested applications using Matrix42, SCCM2012 and Citrix Server.
- Created service profiles and templates using UCS manager
- Troubleshoot fabric level issues within CISCO UCS infrastructure.
- Racked and stacked Cisco c-series and B- series servers.
- Assisting team in resolving day-to-day incidents and implementing necessary changes as per requests.
- Deployed applications usingSCCMandMDTby creating the application profiles using bothTask sequenceandMicrosoft Build Manager.
- Creation/Maintenance ofSCCMpackages, Applications and Task sequences is performedby solutions engineering team.
- Creation/Maintenance ofSCCMoperating system task sequences is performed by clients systems engineering.
- Create/update PowerShell ISE Scripts to automate many admin tasks and improved the existing process.
- Extracted server inventory from Active directory/Service-Now and implemented changes.
- Worked on hardware refresh and storage refresh projects.
- Improved and automated the OS patches process using automated scripts in DMZ environment.
- Worked on deploying TSM backup, restore agent on standalone, and cluster resources.
- Manage the lifecycle ofSCCMprograms and applications across the Windows environment.
- Maintaining Hyper-V host-server infrastructure environment for entire retail footprint.
- Developed the process to remove old snapshots on 1400+ Hyper-V VMs with automated PowerShell scripts
- Provide dedicated support for critical apps like Momentum, advantage, lockbox and image item processing.
- Worked with AD Teams to resolve domain issues for the servers and having good knowledge on Microsoft Active Directory Services (2008 R2 / 2012).
- Implemented newpatchingstandardization and procedures utilizingSCCM2012.
- Worked with SAN and NAS teams to upgrade the Storage on physical servers.
- Having good knowledge on of networking concepts such as: TCP/IP, VLANs, and related protocols.
- Collaborate with IT Security Business Management group to expand and improve the company’s Privileged Access Management (PAM) practice;
- Provide Role Based Access Control (RBAC) analysis, design and implementation expertise within the company’s NetIQ access management system installation;
- Collaborating with lean purposed IAM Software Development team to refine and expand the adoption of a semantically logical and comprehensive RBAC framework.
- Prepare project plan, workflow & review it with Application owner, define entry / exit criteria's for each phase of project.
- Prepare and agree on communication plan to ensure seamless execution & reporting of the project and Identify the current state of servers and applications for role-based access model.
- Onboard the assets for the project execution during planning phase and identify the severity/impact to business.
- Worked on Identity governance mechanism and workflow to align with change management practice in Huntington.
- Worked on reporting structure, templates for data collection, documenting requirements & execution inputs for testing RBAC environment.
- Interview and assess information from Application owner business / application for access requirement.
- Define roles & resource group for standardization as per Huntington security standards.
- As part of pre change validation, conduct peer reviews with application owner on the roles and resources groups.
- Review active privileges in the system & conclude on creation/modification of roles.
- Troubleshoot/modify scripts for any issues or amendments.
- Worked on assigning roles and resources on NetIQ system.
- Coordinate User acceptance testing and troubleshoot any access issues.
- Update exception document and review it with Stakeholder.
- Provide reports for access cleanup and document the closure.
- Work along with application teams and infrastructure teams for run book updates
- Worked with DevOps/Application teams to provide a repeatable, automated process to enable efficiencies in future rollout phases and implementation efforts.
- Supported security products as NETIQ &CyberArk.
Environment: Windows server 2003/2008/2012, NETIQ, Service-Now, CyberArk, PowerShell Scripts, HP QC.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Responsible for the installation, configuration and removal of E-mail, file, print, proxy and other Windows and UNIX O/S servers.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on centralized servers.
- Monitor performance of centralized servers.
- User account Creation throughactive directory, usingSCCMand PowerShellto assist in inquires.
- Created collection, Packages, updated distribution points and advertised the application and checked status reports through SCCM.
- Assist with Desktop scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks.
- Assist in developing and maintaining policies, procedures and standards.
- Assist in training System Administrator 1 and individual agency MIS staff in County policies and procedures as they relate to the server configuration.
- Tested application by manual and SCCM installation process.
- Participate as active member of project teams.
- Effectively and professionally, communicate with end users and agency personnel.
- Creation and maintenance ofSCCMpackages, collections, advertisements, queries, and inventory software packages.
- Created and maintain/transfer the user mailboxes, outlook profiles using Microsoft Office Exchange (2010 -2013).
- UsedPowerShellto create wrappers for pre install and post install software packaging and to automate and schedule the tasks.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with MIS Coordinators in county agencies.
- Submit true and accurate person-hour reporting information.
- Prepare, maintain and submit written project status reports to project managers.
- Maintain knowledge of new and changing technology.
- Analyzes performance indicators, to ensure that the servers are operating efficiently.
- Changes system software so that system performance will meet objectives.
- Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested changes to operating system are possible.
- Troubleshooting and provide solution for failed deployed application through SCCM.po
- Writes description of steps taken to modify system and procedures required to implement new software.
- Assists users having problems with use of system software.
- Prepares workflow charts and diagrams to modify system software.
- Visits vendors to observe demonstration of systems software.
- Administers and monitors computer program that controls user access to system.
- Responds to Help Desk problem reports as required to bring the affected server systems back to operational status.
- Reviews productivity reports and problem records to evaluate performance of computer system.
- Performs others duties as assigned.
Environment: Windows server 2003/2008/2012, SCCM, SCOM, VMWare, DNS, MS Exchange/Office, WSUS, PowerShell, Lumension Security Patch Management tool.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Expertise in building Servers with Windows 2000, 2003, 2008 R1, R2 and 2012
- Upgraded Hardware firmware to the latest available
- Worked on configuring the NIC’s, DNS, WINS, added ROUTES for backups
- Built VM’s on ESX servers V4.0, troubleshoot performance issues, CPU monitoring, increase/decrease VM specifications, Host availability, upgrade VMTools, VM Hardware
- Upgraded windows servers from 2000 - 2003, 2000 - 2008, 2003 - 2008 and 2003 - 2012.
- Utilized SCCM for Auto Patch and Auto Reboot and have configured maintenance windows for application servers
- Troubleshoot SCCM failures for Security updates, CCS Agent upgrades, SCCM Client upgrades, etc.
- Upgraded SCCM client to 2012 R2, Deployed distribution points for 800+ branches.
- Windows Installer Repackaging · Used Scripting Protocols when necessary (PowerShell, VBScript, batch), Active Directory Group Policy
- Worked with SCOM team for monitoring application services and implement Auto Heal for service restarted with a threshold
- Provided solutions for application issues related to infrastructure and OS following the least privilege model
- Installation, configuration and administration onIIS5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 7.5
- During upgrading IIS 5, 6, 7, 7.5 taken care of 32 bit and 64-bit apps and the implications during upgrade
- Played an important role in moving servers from one domain (to be decomed) to another domain taking care of the domain id’s and functional accounts in the old domain
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008R2, SQL Server 2012, applied service packs and security fixes in Clustered and Standalone environments.
- Successfully upgraded servers from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 and SQL server 2008R2.
- Worked on Database Recovery Plans and Implementation of the Mirroring in SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012.
- Installed, configured and administered Multi node and Multi instance Clustered servers in Active/Active, Active/Passive environments.
- Involved in Performance tuning, optimization of stored procedures and queries.
- Creating Logins and Roles with appropriate permissions.
- Prepared and documented database Backup and Maintenance Plans.
- Built windows clusters with 2 and 3 nodes active/active and active/passive nodes
- Implemented NIC teaming for host high availability.
- Hands on experience in Domain Migration taken into account all the issues related to Single Sign On, SSL Certificates, application URL’s, Shares, DNS change, configuration files (Database server names)
- Built servers in environments like DEV, UAT, IST, QA, PROD, DR in zones like ESF (Enterprise Security Farm), SESF (Secured ESF), DMZ (Demilitarized Zone)
- Implemented Break glass (EPV) for server access.
- Have experience in installing and configuring the SNARE that used to collect, analyze and manage security information and events across the platforms and environments.
- Hands on experience in Symantec Endpoint Protection and in upgradation of Symantec antivirus to Symantec Endpoint protection and from Symantec Endpoint Point 10 to Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.
- Expert in the deployment of patches to Windows OS servers(DVMT/WSUS)
- Hands on experience in Enterprise Security Manager (ESM) tool that used to perform the security scans against the server.
- Expertise in installing the Tivoli Monitoring tool, configuring custom monitoring for services, applications and to manage the operating systems, databases and server’s in distributed and host environments (Tivoli ITM5 and 6).
- Experience in installing the GUARDIUM software for the SQL servers for continuous monitoring against any SQL queries or modifications within SQL database.
- Have hands on experience in using Peregrine service center for incident management.
- Package and deploy applications using System Center Configuration Manager to multiple web forms.
- Implemented in house TIDEWAY & BDNA tool for server enrichment and in maintaining Asset or Inventory Management (TAMS)
- Expertise in installing and configuring the backup using the VERITAS-NETBACKUP and in troubleshooting issue related to netback up.
- Expert in installing and configuring Site-minder for the individual websites validate with the site minder team to look at policies, ACO, HCO for any issues.
- Implemented VeriSign SSL’s for all websites in IIS and apache and also implemented SAN (Subject Alternate Names) SSL
- Have experience in Installing and configuring Control-M agents (ctmwd, ctmagcfg, ctmwincfg)
- Have experience in Installing and configuring Autosys (User Hive Creation, etc)
- Support and administration of SharePoint server 2007, simple PowerShell scripts, Active directory user accounts integration.
- Have experience in using Sysinternals like procmon, filemon for troubleshooting OS issues.
- Strong knowledge in IIS 5, 6, 7, 7.5
- Have experience in creating the application pools, App-pool identities, Websites, Virtual Directories, 32bit, 64bit apps deployment
- Have experience in Updating the host header and Secure Site Bindings in SSL by using the command line.
- Have Experience in protecting multiple host names with the single SSL certificate (Subject Alternate Names)
- Had installed and configured FAST applications (Apache, Tomcat) with switch level and application level load balancing, implemented SSL, SSO components in line with FAST
- Expert in Troubleshooting the IIS Applications (Error 500, 404, 501.3, 503)
- Expert in installing and configuring applications using the least privilege model
- Expert in installing applications with adhering to the security guidelines according the company’s standards
- Hands on experience in installation of client tools like Oracle Client, Sybase, SQL, SSRS, DB2, ADOBE, Open office, MS Office, Crystal Reports
- Expert in implementing Secure Transmissions and in upgrading of FTP to SFTP using Attachmate Reflections for Secure IT software
- Expert in generating SSH2 keys in compliance with FIPS 140-2 standards using password less transmissions and 2048 RSA keys
- Have experience on Enterprise Change Management tool(ECM)
- Have experience on Project go-live activities.
- Hands on knowledge on Scripting for day to day administration activities (VB and PowerShell)
- Provided solutions and assist the customer in troubleshooting applications
- Prepared Design documents based on the Architecture recommendation document, operational hand book for future references and also had experience in producing Production readiness checklist
- Build DB servers for database team and assist in troubleshoot and in modifying permissions
- Supported 24*7 on call schedule for Production support.
- Handled multiple projects with servers more than 500, active team member, coordination with the other teams
- Configured DR PAIRS and assisted the project teams in testing for Prod/DR failover during Go-Live
- Created switch level with Local and GEO Managed Servers in a Cluster with round-robin algorithm and NLB clustering for Load Balancing.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fixing day-to-day problems of the applications in production.
Environment: IIS 5.0/6.0/7.0/7.5, windows 2003/2008/2012 server, SSL, .NET, SQL Server 2000,2012, SCCM, SCOM, VM Ware, Oracle Client 9i,10g,11g r1, r2, Crystal reports 2008, DNS, Service Center, ECM, Tivoli 5&6, Sybase, SSRS, DB2, ADOBE, Open office, MS Office, WSUS, VERITAS Netback up, Site Minder, VisionApp, IBM Netbay, Attachmate, SEP, ESM, VBScript, PowerShell.
- Build 2003, 2008 OS on physical and virtual servers
- Racking and patching equipment as needed.
- Maintain and troubleshoot issues on VMWare client
- Add/Remove CPU, memory, disk for virtual machines based on architecture and performance recommendations
- Administration of Windows 2000 and 2003 Servers.
- Troubleshoot backup failures and fix the connectivity and backup issues.
- Implementation of changes on production servers in a large Web Center environment.
- UsedPowerShellscript forSCCMtask sequence,SCCMdeployment and also to create some security policies.
- Build servers for production and test environments following strict build procedures.
- Assist in troubleshooting production issues with members of other teams within I.T.
- Troubleshoot server hardware issues and work with service providers to facilitate repairs/replacements
- SQL Server 2005-2008 installation, clustering configuration for Windows Server 2008
- Convert from FTP to SFTP using password less authentication
- Install/Configure/Support IIS 6 and IIS 7
- Provided solutions for password encryption (aspnet) in the web.config files and any configuration ini files within the web application
- Configured handler mappings, mime types, ISAPI filters, http redirections
- Handled Staging and production environments as part of the application deployment.
- Management of project processes and documents in Source Code Management.
- Install and configure database clients and third-party components
- Prepared best practice documents for external customers.
Environment: IIS 5.0/6.0/7.0/7.5, WIN2003/2008 server, SSL, .NET, SQL Server 2005,2008, SCCM, SCOM, VM Ware, Oracle Client 9i,10g,11g r1, r2, Crystal reports 2008, DNS, Service Center, Tivoli 5&6, MS Office, WSUS, VERITAS Netback up, Site Minder, VisionApp, Attachmate, SEP, VBScript, PowerShell.
- Installation of application software and other software utilities
- Designing and implementing windows 2003/2008 Network.
- Designing and configuring windows 2008 server.
- Installation and configuration of Local Domain with DNS server, Active Directory Service, Terminal Service, IIS server for HTTP and FTP services.
- Installation and configuration of File Server and Additional Domain Controller.
- Installation and configuration of ISA server for Internet sharing over 256 kbps leased line.
- Installation and configuration of Anti-Virus server using Norton Corporate Edition and remote installation of the client version, auto-updates and real-time scanning.
- Installation of windows 2000 professional on clients’ machines and configuring in the domain.
- Network Security Knowledge is Fair, Knowledge on vulnerability tools
- Examples: MBSA, NetIQ, Bind view.
- Creating Organizational Units and Users accounts.
- Creating Home Folders and Assigning NTFS Rights and Permissions.
- Configuring Disk quotas.
- Configuring Group Policies.
- Trouble shooting Client server connectivity Problems.
- Installing and Configuring Ms-outlook and outlook webacess.
Environment: IIS 6.0, Windows, JDBC, ASP, Ajax, Visual Studio, ConfirmIT, VB Script, .NET, SMTP, NNTP, FTP, SQL Server, Windows Server 2003/2008