- Enforce and oversee in Building teh CloudFormation templates dat included RDS, Elasticsearch, Application Load Balancers, Autoscaling Groups, CloudWatch logs, ECS clusters, EFS filesystems, etc. to automate deployment of our application via teh AWS marketplace.
- Experience in cloud automation and orchestration framework using AWS, Azure and OpenStack.
- Created S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket for storage and backup onAWS.
- Extensive noledge in migrating applications from internal data center toAWS.
- Setup and build cost - effective, fault tolerant and highly durable EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, (ELB), Amazon Machine Images (AMI).
- Designed roles and groups using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) also maintained user accounts, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, RDS, Route 53, VPC, SQS & SNS services in AWS.
- Hands-on experience in AWS migration services like direct connect, snowball, kinesis data firehose.
- Expert proficiency in creating Python Scripts to automate AWS services which include web servers, ELB, Cloud front Distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration.
- Involved in Azureinfrastructure management (Azure Active Directory (AD), Azure Storage, Azure SQL, Azure Worker Roles, and Web Roles).
- Designed Azure cloud models to establish a secure and cross-premise connectivity with Content Delivery Network.
- Deployed and Provisioned IAAS & PAAS Virtual Machines and troubleshooting issues on Azure VMs, AWS, Web Apps, Azure AD Container Service and VPN Gateway.
- Expertise in Scheduling, deploying, managing container replicas onto a node using Kubernetes and experienced in creating Kubernetes clusters work with Helm charts running on teh same cluster resources.
- Proficient with Mesos providing teh fine-grained resource allocations for pods across nodes in a cluster.
- Leaded in managing container orchestration tools like Docker, Docker Swarm, Docker engine, Hub, Machine, Kubernetes and Amazon Container Service. Used Kubernetes to load balance, deploy scale and manage Docker containers with multiple name-spaced versions.
- Refactored Chef and Ops Works inAWScloud environment and implemented Chef-Kitchen onAWSand Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).Implemented Micro-services using Pivotal cloud foundry platform build upon Spring Boot Services.
- Focused on furthering Terraform API modules to manage infrastructure and published a module to teh Terraform registry and contributed for end-to-end configuration management deploy our product inside AWS environment.
- Hands-on experience in maintaining CI/CD pipe line by using Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, TeamCity, Sonar, Maven, Gradle, and ANT for deploying containerized applications using Docker in teh AWS cloud.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks, Recipes, Roles and Data Bags to automate teh services related to deployment.
- Coordinated with developers in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining teh version across teh environments using SCM tools like GIT, Apache Subversion (SVN) and GIT, GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket on Linux platforms, also expertise in GITto keep track of all changes in source code.
- Supported operations for integrating Jenkins with various tools like Maven, Git, SonarQube, Nexus and implementing CI/CD automation for creating Jenkins pipelines programmatically architecting Jenkins Clusters.
- Explicit noledge with testing frameworks Junit, Selenium, cucumber.js for setup, build and delivery pipeline.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and Integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks comprising all resources, templates, attributes and used Knife commands to manage Nodes.
- Deployed servers using Puppet, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure and Implemented Puppet 3.8 manifests and Modules to deploy teh builds for Dev, QA and production.
- Experience in real-time monitoring and alerting of applications deployed in AWS using Cloud Watch, Nagios, and Splunk, andELKLanguages/Scripts(Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana).
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance of Apache Http, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SAMBA, SQUID, Postfix, send mail, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management Security trouble shooting skills. Deep understanding of Protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SSL/TLS.
- Participated in Installing, configuring and administering RedHat Linux 3.0 /4.0/5.0, SUSE Linux, Solaris 8/9/10, Dell, IBM and HP x 86 Server Experienced in deploying system stacks for different environments like Dev, UAT, and Prod in both on premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Solid understanding of fundamental technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, networking and security best practices.
- Experience in RDBMSand NoSQL installation and support includingOracle SQL,Apache Cassandra, Redis, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo DB.
- Expertise in monitoring production health checks using tools likeSplunk, AppDynamics, ELK,Prometheus and Sumologicand for networking issues worked withNagios, for application monitoring in integration withAWSLambda and Cloud Watchfor deployments and configuration of log analytics.
- Worked with various scripting likeBash, Perl, Shell, Ruby,Power-shell,JSON,YAML,Groovy,Node.JSand Pythonand development languages likeJava, .Net, PHP, C#.
- AutomatedLinuxproduction server's setup usingPuppet scripts.Used these scripts to replicate production build environments on a local dev boxes usingVagrantandVirtual Box.
- Experience on understanding of teh principals and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) inAgile(scrum) andWaterfallmethodologies.
- Provided production support in an on-call rotation in a 24x7 environment.
- Good Communication Skills, Excellent Customer handling capabilities and a very good team player.
AWS services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, AMI, IAM, Cloud formation, S3, Cloud watch, Cloud trial, SNS, SQS, EBS, Route 53
Continuous Integration Tools: GIT, SVN, Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, TFS Visual Studio Build
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle, SaltStack
Testing Frame works: SonarQube, Junit, Selenium, cucumber, cucumber.js
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm
Artifactory repositories: Docker Hub, Artifactory(AY), Nexus, Nginx
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, ELK, Splunk, Datadog, AppDynamics, Grafana
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB
Programming Scripting tools: Python, Perl, Bash, Java, Ruby, Power shell, YAML, JSON
Web/Application Servers: WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic
Network Services: Services FTP-Vsftpd, SSH, TELNET, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, SNMP, FTP, SMTP, NFS, WinSCP, Raid Levels
Software: Checkpoint Firewall, PIX Firewall, Samba, VERITAS Volume Manager, LDAP
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, Ubuntu, RHEL, Debian, CentOS, VMware.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIECESr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Responsible for Installation of applications on AWS EC2, AMI, RedHat, Ubuntu Instances and implemented AWS solutions using S3, EC2, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups.
- Set up private networks and sub-networks using Virtual private cloud (VPC) and created security groups to associate with teh networks.
- Utilized a combination of Terraform and Ansible to create multiple VPCs, subnets, and servers to serve multiple clients in a secure and compliant fashion.
- Used Terraform and did "Infrastructure as code" and modifying terraform scripts as and when configuration changes happens.
- Served as a technical expert to create custom users and groups with Amazon IAM console.
- Built and configured EC2 instances on AWS cloud platform, Configured Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) for traffic control for teh EC2 and S3 buckets. Involved in creating AWSRoute53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Worked on AWS ELB and configure teh auto scaling as per teh application user traffic and managing teh multi-tier and multi-region architecture using AWS Cloud Formation.
- Launched AWS and OpenStack instances (SUSE/ Ubuntu/ CentOS) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Experienced in creating configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC and Created AWSRoute53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Wrote diverse scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Played an integral role to Upgrade Jenkins& Artifactory Servers and solvedAWS, Azure cloud identified issues.
- Deployed microservices, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for teh runtime environment for teh CI/CD system to build, test, and deploy. Created Jenkins jobs to deploy applications to Kubernetes Cluster.
- Added support for cluster validation installing Docker using Docker toolbox.
- Set up Docker Host, Docker Registry, Docker images (Centos, RHEL and Ubuntu instances).
- Orchestrated software updates and verified functionality changing teh AWS infrastructure Elastic Beanstalk to Docker with Kubernetes.
- Created and managed Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in teh cloud using Jenkins.
- Used Docker as a new level of simplicity to define and create applications or services by encapsulating them in containers and for eliminating a source of friction between development and operations.
- Extensively worked on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker TEMPhas been core to dis experience, along with Kubernetes, Mesos.
- Shaped up and improved CI/CD system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for teh CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Responsible for teh automation of OS builds and Application Installation through Chef.
- Configured Chef to build up services and applications on teh instances once they have been configured using cloud formation.
- Written JSON templates for cloud formation and ruby scripts for chef automation and contributed to our repository on GitHub.
- Used Ansible to deploy ELK for automating continuous deployment (CD) and configured Slave Nodes and deployment failure reporting.
- Experience in automation and continuous integration (CI) processes with Ansible.
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log dat includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Used Jenkins 2.0 and pipelines which halped us drive all microservice builds out to teh Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Team City for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build.
- Used Maven as build tool on Java projects for teh development of build artifacts on teh source code. Worked on Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps.
- Coordinated and assisted developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Created post commit and pre-push hooks using Python in SVN and GIT repos.
- Implemented behavior-driven tests for Chef-managed infrastructures using Cucumber.
- Created and maintained teh Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of teh build and release process.
- Worked in implementation team to build and engineer servers on Ubuntu and RHEL.
- Integrated application with monitoring tool new relic for complete insight and proactive monitoring.
- Developed an audit log of JSON Web tokens using Seri logger in Elasticsearch withKibanaas Visualize.
- Installed Logstash, Filebeat, Kibana and Elastic search on all teh Logstash servers on all teh environments.
- Created aggregated log search system using Logstash and Logstash-forwarder/Filebeatand Elasticsearch
- Involved in Filebeatconfiguration and deployment using Ansible, for real time app log uploading to log Management System;Log data analysis, using Kibana (UI for Elasticsearch);Alert email service set up, using KAAE (Alert & Report App for Elasticsearch) for application error monitoring.
- Automated teh Applications and MYSQL, NOSQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitoring of these containers using Nagios.
- Designed, developed and implemented multi-tiered Splunk log collection solutions.
- Experience working with NoSQL databases like MongoDB and DynamoDB.
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, monitor system performance using Nagios.
- Managed and architected more than 800 virtual servers, Monitoring of Application and Servers through Nagios, Web Servers Administration on Apache and Nginx.
- Experienced in using Bug Tracking tools like JIRA and HP Quality center.
- Provided leadership in ensuring and getting teh projects meet all specifications while complying with all procedures.
Environment: AWS, OpenStack, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, and Kubernetes, RedHat, Debian, Ubuntu Linux, Python, ELK, Nginx, Nagios.
Confidential, Winston-Salem, NC
- Created and Configured Red Hat, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 , Ubuntu, CentOS, Solaris and Fedora Virtual Machines in AWS using EC2, Elastic, VPC, Subnets, Route Tables, NAT Gateway.
- Configured SNS, SQS, Data Pipeline, RDS, Dynamo DB, S3, IAM, Cloud Front and ELB to setup environment ready for cloudification.
- Experienced with AWS Cloud Formation templates on creating IAM Roles & total architecture deployment end to end. (creation of EC2 instances and its infrastructure)
- Implemented Docker, and various Docker orchestration tools such as docker-compose, docker swarm, boot2docker, Quay on-prem registry and various other management tools.
- Automated AWS deployment using Cloud Formation Templates and Chef.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java.
- Used Ansible Initiative to replace half configured puppet implementation.
- Ansible implementation to manage server and application installation and updates, saving hours off of each update cycle.
- Used Git for source code version control and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tools Maven and Gradle.
- Maintained Artifacts in binary repositories using JFrog Artifactory and pushed new Artifacts by configuring teh Jenkins project using Jenkins Artifactory Plugin.
- Automated REST APIs, HTTP, AWS S3 and other cloud testing using Selenium and python boto3 framework added to Jenkins for Continuous Integration (CI) testing.
- Used Puppet to deploy ELK for automating continuous deployment(CD) and configured Slave Nodes and deployment failure reporting.
- Created and maintained Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process. Deployed Puppet and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Automated Data Structures validation of teh configuration files using Python Scripting designed and developed log management framework using Python Language to collect log files.
- Configured Cloud Watch and Data Dog to monitor real-time granular metrics of all teh AWS Services and configured individual dashboards for each resource Agents.
- Managed server infrastructures using Apache Mesos along with additional components like Marathon/Chronos for long running applications and Apache Zookeeper for coordinating master nodes.
- Used Maven for building Java/J2EE Applications.
- Performed system administration and operations tasks using Chef, Nagios.
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef.
- Provided installation & maintenance of Puppet infrastructure and developed Puppet recipe &modules for configuration management.
- Wrote playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Deployed teh applications on multiple WebLogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Failover functionalities.
- Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy teh code.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Hub, Docker machine, Docker compose and Docker registry.
- Developed Consul key value clusters for service discovery.
- Experience working on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Experience deploying and maintaining multi-container applications through Docker.
- Developed protocol for adding new users to existing network.
- Maintained technical documentation steps for installation and upgrade of Ops Code Chef Server.
- Installation and upgrade of Chef Client and Make sure servers are getting converge with Chef-server.
- Work station setup for Knife plugin and establish connectivity between Chef server and workstation.
- Oversaw pushing of Chef cookbooks, roles, and data bags on chef-server using knife plugin and executing it on node.
- Wrote Docker images for Bamboo, Nexus and various.
- Designed and developed Bamboo build deployments on Docker containers.
- Worked with Atlassian tools like Bamboo, Stash and Jira.
Environment: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, CI/CD, AWS, Azure, Puppet, Ansible, Bamboo, GIT, Bitbucket, Stash, AWS beanstalk, JBOSS, Terraform, Ruby, Python, Kafka, Selenium, ELK stack, Tomcat, UNIX & Perl scripts, JIRA, Splunk, MySQL, Shell scripts, Python, Remedy.
Build & Release / AWS Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Gulfport, MS
- Expert in Iaas, SaaS, in AWS (VPC, IAM, SES, SNS, EC2), Autoscaling, Cloudformation, CloudTrail, DynamoDB, S3, API Gateway, Lambda, etc.
- Analyze AWS based product for defects and enhance automated testing to prevent regression.
- Optimized database AWS schemas and provided consultation to various service teams for query performance improvements.
- Played an active role in Chef configuration management, and application deployment and Automated Cloud Provisioning.
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments.
- Performed administrative activities such as site creations, creating and managing user's permissions, backup and restore SharePoint sites.
- Wrote Puppet Manifest files to deploy automated tasks to many servers at once.
- Automated Clear Case based release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Developed Shell/Bash/Perl Scripts for automation purpose.
- Handled code reviews and merging Pull requests.
- Diagnosed and resolved issues relating to local and wide area network performance.
- Worked with JIRA, a tool dat handles DCR (Defect Change Request) & MR (Maintenance Request).
- Written cookbooks for WebLogic, JDK and Jenkins, Tomcat, JBoss and deployment automation.
- Set up CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins and TeamCity.
- Resolving merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Rolled out Chef to all servers and used teh Chef node database to drive host configuration, DNS zones, monitoring & backups.
- Formulated and executed designing standards for DNS servers.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR and WAR.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash, PowerShell, Python and Rundeck.
- Used Build Forge for Continuous Integration and Deployment into WebSphere Application Servers.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Verified if teh methods used to create and recreate software builds are consistent and repeatable.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas as per teh schedule published.
Environment: Clear Case, Maven, Build Forge, JIRA, RHEL, Python, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, Web Sphere, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Clear Quest.
Build and Release Engineer
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Installed, configured and administered Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Configuration Management (SCM) tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT.
- Setup Jenkins Build server and maintenance.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for build and deployment of JAVA code.
- Experience in User Management and Plug-in Management for Jenkins.
- Used teh continuous integration tool Jenkins to automate teh daily processes.
- Created Instances in Apache Web Server and JBOSS Application server in QA and Production environments.
- Worked in creating WebSphere Application Server Clustered Environments and handling Load Balancing for QA, UAT and Production.
- Automated Linux production server setup using Puppet scripts. Documented release, builds and source control processes and plans.
- Designed and implemented Puppet-based configuration management system for all new Linux machines.
- Managed Maven environment by setting up local, remote and central repositories with required configuration in maven configuration files.
- Experience with Build Management tools like Maven for writing build.xml and Pom.xml.
- Managed teh Maven Repository using Nexus tool to automate teh build process and used teh same to share teh snapshots and releases of internal projects
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for teh development of build artifacts on teh source code.
- Created Maven shell scripts for build and release activities in QA, Staging, and Production environments.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Hands on experience in Integrating GIT into Jenkins to automate teh code check-out process.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of teh Stash GIT Repositories, views, and teh accesscontrol strategies.
- Written Perl script to monitor and notify team about teh Rsync updates.
- Developed and maintained UNIX/Perl/ANT scripts for Java/J2EE build and release tasks.
- Implemented Release schedules, communicated teh Release status, created Roll Out Plans, tracked teh Project Milestones, prepared teh reports and chaired teh Release calls and worked for a Jira Application.
- Deployed Enterprise Application Archive (EAR), Web Application Archive (WAR), Staging and Production environments.
- Modified ANT scripts to build teh JAR's, Class files, WAR files and EAR files from VOB's.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problemsand providing best solutions.
- Good noledge on ITIL Process and have worked on coordinating releases across teh projects.
Environment: Linux (RHEL, CentOS), Jenkins, Hudson, ANT, Maven, Git, SVN, Puppet, Jira, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBOSS, Nagios, RHEL 5.x, JAVA/J2EE.
- Prepare specs for new infrastructure and VMware servers, disk storage, and network switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN's.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Installed Redhat Linux using Kickstart and applied security patches for hardening teh server based on teh company's policies.
- Created users, manage user Administered, maintained Red Hat 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 AS, ES, Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application & Network problems and performance issues; Deployed latest patches for, Linux and Application servers, Performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Experience in implementing and configuring network services such as HTTP, DHCP, and TFTP.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Create file transfer server for customer data exchange.
- Automated network permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Redhat Linux.
- Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Linux for teh development team.
- Capacity Planning, Infrastructure design and ordering systems.
- Successfully installed and configured NAGIOS monitoring system to monitor teh production server environment.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- Researched and consulted with customer on new hardware purchases to ensure dat teh proper equipment was purchased which provided high productivity within their budget.
- Design, build, and maintain production servers and RAID storage system.
- Diagnosed hardware and software problems and provided solution to them.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 3.0,4.0,5.0 AS ES, HP-DL585, Oracle 9i/10g, VMware, Tomcat 3.x,4.x,5.x, Apache Server 1.x,2.x, shell scripting, MySQL, Nagios.