- Certified AWS Solutions Architect with over 7 years of IT experience as Devops and Cloud Engineer.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and implementing and Post - production analysis of the projects and methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM and waterfall
- Extensive experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services such as EC2, VPC, S3, IAM, EBS, RDS, ELB, VPC, Route53, OpsWorks, DynamoDB, AutoScaling, CloudFront, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Elastic Beanstalk, AWS SNS, AWS SQS, AWS SES, AWS SWF & AWS DirectConnect.
- Extensive working experience and knowledge with broad range of AWS Cloud Services like EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, VPC, Route53, RDS, S3, IAM, SNS, SQS, Dynamo DB, Elastic search, Elastic File system (EFS), Cloud Watch, and Cloud Trail
- Experience with designing, building, and operating solutions using virtualization using private hybrid/public cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options in AWS.
- Configured Active Directory and LDAP for Linux and Windows.
- Experience in Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud formation.
- Expertise in configuration and automation using Chef, Chef with Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible and Docker.
- Experience in configuring and monitoring distributed and multi-platform servers using Chef, workstation to manage and configure nodes and developing Chef Cookbooks and Recipes.
- Experience in configuring Docker Containers for Branching and deployed using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Experience in designing, installing and implementing Ansible configuration management system for managing Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Experience writing various custom Ansible Playbooks and modules for Deployment Orchestration.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Hudson by installing, configuring and maintaining the purpose of Continuous Integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments and in implementing CI/CD for database using Jenkins.
- Experience in managing uDeploy configuration, administration, upgrade, security and maintenance of systems, platforms like Web, application
- Hands-on experience in deployment automation using Shell/Ruby scripting.
- Experience in setting up Baselines, Branching, Merging and Automation Processes using Shell, Ruby, and PowerShell scripts.
- Experience in using build utilities like Maven, Ant and Gradle for building of jar, war, and ear files.
- Experience in using version controller tools SVN, Git, GitHub, and Bit Bucket.
- Experience in developing cloud solutions using IaaS and PaaS.
- Expertise in application builds, deployment, smoke testing and release promotion for complex applications and infrastructure
- Performed several types of testing like smoke, functional, system integration, white box, black box, gray box, positive, negative and regression testing.
- Experience in Automation framework design and scripting using JUnit, Selenium Web Driver.
- Experience in installing and configuring web application servers Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic, Web Sphere, and Nginx for application deployments for Linux, UNIX and Windows.
- Experience in administering, installation, configuration, support and maintenance of Linux.
- Experience in implementing hybrid cloud solutions Direct connect/VPN and Active directory.
- Working knowledge in Virtualization Technologies vSphere, VMware, Virtual Box and Hyper-V.
Operating System: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, Mac OS, RHEL 4/5/6/7
Versioning Tools: Subversion, GIT Hub, GIT Lab, Bitbucket
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson
CD Tools: IBM uDeploy
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, Remedy, IBM Clear Quest
Scripting Languages: Shell scripting, Python, Java, scripting, and Ruby
Web Application servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Web sphere, Nginx
Databases: MySQL, Mongo DB, DynamoDB
Cloud Technology: AWS
Monitoring Tools: Amazon CloudWatch
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Ansible
Virtualization Technologies: vSphere, VMware Workstation, Oracle Virtual Box, Hyper-V
Containers Tools: Docker, ECS
AWS DEVOPS ENGINEER
Confidential | Oak Brook, IL
- Strong knowledge and experience on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services like EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, VPC, and IAM.
- Designed and managed public/private cloud infrastructures using Amazon Web Services (AWS) which include EC2, S3, Cloud Front, Elastic File System, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, and IAM which allowed automated operations.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances utilizing Amazon Web Services (Linux/Ubuntu) and Configuring propelled examples as for particular applications.
- Creating S3 bucket and furthermore overseeing strategies for S3 bucket and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Creating CloudWatch alerts for instances and utilizing them in Auto-scaling launch configurations.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS CloudWatch.
- Created customized AMIs based on already existing AWS EC2 instances by using create image functionality, hence using this snapshot for disaster recovery.
- Worked on AWS cloud watch for monitoring the application infrastructure and used AWS email services for notifying & configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker and AWS.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker HUB and Docker registries.
- Worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Used Docker as a new level of simplicity to defining and creating applications or services by encapsulating them in containers.
- Used Docker containers for eliminating a source of friction between development and operations.
- Used Docker machine as a virtualization between systems.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler.
- Worked on Kubernetes to provide platform as service on private and public cloud in VMware Cloud.
- Integrated Kubernetes with network, storage, and security to provide comprehensive infrastructure and orchestrated container across multiple hosts.
- Worked on Deployment Automation of all micro services to pull image from Private Docker registry and deploy to Kubernetes Cluster.
- Extensively worked on Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment.
- Configure the servers, deploy software, and orchestrate continuous deployments or zero downtime rolling updates.
- Experienced with Ansible Tower for managing complex network deployments by adding control, knowledge and delegation to Ansible powered environments.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Ansible playbooks and Modules.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using python scripts.
- Design and document CI/CD tools configuration management.
- Responsible for orchestrating CI/CD processes by responding to Git triggers, human input, and dependency chains and environment setup.
- Implemented Jenkins CICD Pipeline flow for different projects by creating multiple stages like build, integration, test, stage and production.
- Generating the Jenkins Pipeline Framework and right Jenkins file to create Build, Test and Deployment Pipeline across different applications environments.
- Establishing and maintaining of setup to Build and deploy the application to the Cloud AWS.
- Worked on Project-Generator which creates Jenkins file and seed jobs in Jenkins and Rundeck jobs with job definitions. In this web hooks also configured when the commits done in Bit bucket and jobs are triggered in Jenkins.
Environment: Ansible, Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, Apache, VPC, NAT, LAMP, AWS (EC2, S3, ELB, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS, SNS, Route53, VPC, AutoScaling, CloudFormation), CI CD, SVN, GITHUB, JIRA, MAVEN, Jenkin
AWS DEVOPS ENGINEER
Confidential - Thief River Falls, MN
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Create the ANT scripts and extension of existing ANT scripts for deployment of applications to HUDSON.
- Working on ANT and MAVEN tools to build the artifacts of Java source code.
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using VM Ware ESX, Docker containers and Chef.
- Install and configuration of Dockers
- Setting up Change Management process and standardizing the policies for various applications
- Working in setting up the repos to various projects in SVN.
- Involve in migration from SVN to GIT repos and work with Linux sys admins for the same
- Develop Ruby and Shell Scripts for manual deployment of the code to various environments.
- Configure Nagios to monitor the distributed and multi-platform servers all the time
- Work on Chef cookbooks/recipes to automate Infrastructure as a code
- Setup and manage the Chef Workstation, Chef server and chef nodes
- Create recipes and upload new cookbooks into chef server and schedule them to bootstrap into nodes to deploy artifacts
- Operations - Custom Shell scripts, Ruby scripts, VM and Environment management.
- Manage configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Create the automated build and delivery process for application and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products using Jenkins.
- Implement a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Implemented Terraform templates to automate the Open Stack Platform.
- Create puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Define Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Responsible for Database build, release and configuration.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Perform Deployment of Release to, various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Implement AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Configure S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Create monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Setup various non-production environments for validating various applications.
- Write multiple Python, Ruby and Shell scripts for various application level tasks.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Subversion, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, GIT, SVN, Chef, Puppet, cloud watch, AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), Python, Shell Scripting, Ruby, PUTTY, Confluence, SOA.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto-Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins and Continuous delivery environment.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Managed source code, software builds, software versioning, & defect tracking on software maintenance tasks/projects
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Worked directly with the Azure Product team in tracking and resolving defects in the beta Azure IaaS offering
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Involved in Devops processes for build and deploy systems.
- Planned release schedules with agile methodology & coordinated releases with engineering & SQA for timely delivery.
- Troubleshoot the automation of Installing and configuring applications in the test environments.
Environment: AWS CloudFormation Templates, VPC, RDS, ANT, MAVEN, Chef, Jenkins, SQS, SNS, Ansible, Security Groups
BUILD & RELEASE ENGINEER
- Build, manage, and continuously improve the build infrastructure for software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment
- Provided trainings to users on Subversion (SVN) and Jenkins tool management practices and other tools.
- Created Documentation for Application Deployment (WAR, JAR, EAR) in Domain and Clustered environments to achieve High Availability and Fail-over functionality.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT (build.xml) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Implemented and manipulated Shell scripts in conjunction with ANT for release and build automation to suit the requirement.
- Used Bit Bucket version control system to manage different builds for the system.
- Installed and configured Subversion server on Linux via the Apache Web Server to provide access over the Http protocol.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development QA and UAT.
- Implemented & maintained the branching, merging and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion.
- Configured email and messaging notifications, managed users and permissions, and system settings by using Jenkins/Hudson.
- Experience working with VMware tools like vCenter and vSphere to manage VM's running on ESX cluster nodes.
- Administered RHEL 6 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, and troubleshooting server issues.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Resolved merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
Environment: Linux, Maven/ANT, Nexus, Puppet, Jenkins, Tomcat, JIRA, GIT, Python, Ruby, Shell Scripts, UNIX/ Linux.