- A team player with excellent communication skills, posses 8 plus years of hands on IT expertise prioritizing CI / CD, Infrastructure Automation Security, build/release management, Cloud Resource Utilization, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services.
- Proficient in DevOps culture through CI/CD tools like Repos, Jenkins, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Maven, and configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible & Puppet. Had set up staging and production environments for CI workflow.
- Versed in handling critical AWS resources like EC2, EBS, VPC, RDS, S3, CloudFormation, ELB, Autoscaling, CloudFront, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, SQS, SNS.
- Restricted incoming traffic for QA, Prod, Staging Aws accounts. Setting VPC flow logs to Sumologic and pulled out all Inbound, Outbound ports and IP’s.
- Created CloudFormation templates to dynamically assign resources based on client specific needs during deployment.
- Administration of Production, Development and Test environment's carrying, Ubuntu (RHEL) Red Hat Linux.
- Hands on experience with configuration tools like Chef, Puppet, and Ansible. Created several Manifests, Playbooks, and Cookbooks to automate infrastructure maintenance & configuration. Experience supporting Chef and Puppet Environment with 300+ servers and involved in developing manifests.
- Managing ongoing updates and configuration changes to Aws environments using deployment. Automation tools such as Jenkins alongside chef and terraform.
- Experience in orchestrating environment deployment from OS all the way through the application layers of a solution, using tools such as Docker, Salt Stack, Jenkins.
- Strong advocate of microservices over monolithic approach, architected applications to be independently scalable, versionable and deployable. Ability to architect and implement transition to Docker and develop distributed cloud system using Kubernetes.
- Experience in emerging new technologies like Vault, Istrio, Helm in microservices architecture. Troubleshooting Kubernetes Infrastructure setup and supporting application teams to fix their applications issues.
- Designed and implemented multiple deployment strategies using CI&CD Pipeline through automation with enterprise GitHub, Jenkins, Sonar Nexus, Docker andAWSAMI's in Linux environment.
- Worked on ELK architecture and its. Handled installation, administration and configuration of ELK stack on AWS and performed Log Analysis.
- Proficiency in multiple databases like MongoDB, MySQL, ORACLE, DynamoDB, Apache.
- In Depth knowledge with computer applications and scripting languages like; Shell, Python, Ruby, Groovy, Go.
- Worked with monitoring systems and tools like Nagios, New relic, CloudWatch, Grafana, data dog etc. Optimized Grafana quires for accurate results from visualization graphs.
- Competent with server maintenance and installations of various Debian & Red Hat family distributions like; Ubuntu, Centos, Fedora, OpenSUSE, OEL etc. on various hardware platforms.
- Expertise in creating of Active Directory and Network Fundamentals, Protocols such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and Group Policy.
- Performed Servers consolidation and virtualization using VMware virtual infrastructure, VMware ESXI, Virtual Center, Vsphere, VM tools.
- Worked at all phases of Software Development Lifecycle and handled change management process for application development.
AWS: EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, ELB, Redshift, Elastic search, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Cloud Trail, SNS, SQS, IAM
CM Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
CI Tools: Hudson, Jenkins
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN
Continuous Deployment: Artifactory, Nexus, Jboss, JFrog
Version Control Tools: Subversion, Git
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk and cloud watch
Virtualization: Vagrant, Docker, ESXI, KVM, vSphere 4 and vSphere 5Citrix
Container Management Tools: Docker Swarm, kubernetes, Mesos, Aws ECS
Operating Systems: Cent OS, Ubuntu, RHEL and Windows.
Programming languages: C/C++, Python, XML, HTML, PERL, Shell Scripting, Ruby and PowerShell
Application Servers: Web logic, Web sphere, Apache Tomcat, Nginx
Databases: My SQL, MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSql, Dynamo DB, Cassandra
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center, Bugzilla
Confidential, Eagan, MN
Cloud / Devops Engineer
- Working on multiple DevOps and Cloud tools that achieve KPIs. Coordinating with implementation team, to build and engineer services for Linux and Windows OS on AWS platform.
- Provisioned Instances, Storages & monitoring Services and CI / CD pipeline through Jenkins.
- Worked on setting up Forward Proxy Squid cluster across production AWS servers and updated puppet modules according to latest releases in puppet forge.
- Created cloud front distribution CDN via cloud formation templates for application domains across the regions.
- Coordinating with security team and build Enterprise Qualys scanner for entire production Aws servers.
- Updated Availability dashboard to use metrics collected from ELBs, rather than nginx. Replicated availability dashboard with ELB CloudWatch metrics instead of nginx metrics.
- Enabled EMR in production. Created new bucket for outputs, keypair, permissions etc.
- Writing scripts in python boto3 which are integrated with AWS API to control instance operations.
- Restrict Inbound and outbound traffic by setting up Nacl rules and deployed via CloudFormation template.
- Created CI/CD pipeline in the Jenkins and ran the build by integrating with Github repository by using ansible build and deploy scripts. Stored the build Artifact to S3 bucket in AWS cloud.
- Worked on Maven to create artifacts from source code and place them in JFrog for internal deployments.
- Worked on Roadmap project for Backup and recovery data. Created Backup Script for MongoDB and Created snapshots from exiting volumes and added logging and monitoring to (slack/PagerDuty/logs) notifications.
- Experience in support/implementing the containerized Elasticsearch as an open source search engine with a REST API and used Fluentd as data ingestion tool and log transfer solution with Elastic Search cluster.
- Used Kibana for querying logs, solved problems related logs events stored in the Elasticsearch.
- Analyzed traffic trend when necessary to keep the health of the cluster in check and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using logging tools like Kibana and graphs in Grafana.
- Modify existing software allowing it to adapt to the new hardware with improved performance and writing puppet manifests based on the requirements.
- Puppetized EC2 boxes for data usage added Luigi Scheduler and Jupyterlab services via puppet and attached data to EBS volumes.
- Responsible for automating cloud infrastructure maintenance, building new operational monitoring, alerting capabilities, implementing and maintaining cloud developed engineering solutions.
- Deployed Kubernetes cluster in production using terraform scripts and Troubleshooted networking related issue
- Wrote several Bash and Python scripts to upgrade Kubernetes infrastructure related tools.
- Built Python flask login framework and set it up as front - end login interface for several infrastructure tools such as for Kibana, Alert Manager and Kubernetes
- Dashboard based on crowd authentication. Used reverse proxy concept and placed it in a Docker container to support multiple infrastructure tools.
- Deployed Ossec Sever for production kubernetes cluster. Created Deamonsets for ossec-agents and clamav across the multiple nodes.
- Worked on setting-up continuous deployment pipelines using Jenkins across multiple Kubernetes clusters to stress the clusters with new infrastructure tools for Kubernetes in development environments. Automated these pipelines through Jenkins using pipeline script.
- Wrote several Jenkins jobs using pipeline scripts to automate GITHUB operations through Jenkins. And, Bash and Python scripts to upgrade Kubernetes infrastructure related tools.
- Automated Kubernetes deployments through Jenkins pulling the deployment Yaml’s from Github and deploying them into cluster using Python scripting with Kubernetes module and through Restapi.
- Implemented Kubernetes vault (POC) for staging Artifactory cluster.
- Used Helm charts in Kubernetes and updated Grafana version 4.1.0 to 5.0.1 for the latest plugins.
- Migrated all monitoring dashboards and user accounts from New relic to data dog. Installed data dog agents on all production servers using puppet.
- Updated mongo dB puppet modules Adjusted mongo dB profile to address startup warnings and Restore logging support in MySQL/mongo profile. Written Ansible scripts to restart services in all production servers.
- Worked on Cassandra POC cluster upgrades. Upgraded qa Cassandra environment. Added the plugin to new relic and start collecting data from our qa Cassandra cluster and Investigated Cassandra Streaming Failures.
- Integrated alerts to Pager duty and slack notifications from new relic, Grafana and Nagios. Split data lake alerting into separate PagerDuty service. A PD service integration with Slack Data Lake shared channel.
- Planning & developing, Managing Disaster Recovery (DR) environment.
Environment: AWS(EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, AWSCLI, and CloudFormation, IAM, CloudWatch), GIT, Chef, Docker, DockerSwarm, Kubernetes,Unix/Linux, Ruby, Python.
- Worked with DevOps platform team was responsible for specialization areas related to Puppet for cloud automation. Implementing Change requests for server configuration, software installation. Managing Linux VMs using puppet as per project requirements.
- Installation and Upgradation of packages and patches, Configuration management, Version Control, Service packs, troubleshooting connectivity issues and reviewing Security constraints.
- Performed AWS Cloud administration managing EC2 instances, S3, SES and SNS services.
- Handled migration of on premises applications to cloud, and created resources in cloud to enable this. Used all critical AWS tools, used ELBs and Auto-Scaling policies for scalability, elasticity and availability.
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS MySQL DB cluster.
- Created Buckets in AWS and stored files. Enabled Versioning and security for files stored.
- Implemented and maintained monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers cost using Cloud Watch.
- UsedPuppetserver and workstation to manage and configure nodes. Deployed Puppet for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Creating manifests and deploying using Puppet to completely provision & manage AWS EC2 instances, DNS, and S3.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container removing, image managing, directory structures. Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and development environment and performed configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Maintain Chef and Puppet servers and management application that can use Service Now (CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment using Chef.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Provisioning Jenkins environment for continuous integration by easing build and testing tasks for developers.
- Configured SSH, SMTP, Build Tools, and Source Control repositories in Jenkins. Installed multiple plugins to Jenkins. Configured Proxy to get auto updates.
- Deployed various Unix Servers which includes Red Hat, Open SUSE and Solaris distribution and provided administration and support.
- Good Working knowledge of creating Virtual machines for Red hat Linux and Solaris on VMware ESX(Hypervisor) and administering them with Virtual Infrastructure client.
- Planning & developing, Managing Disaster Recovery (DR) environment.
Environment: Tools: AWS EC2, RDS, S3, VPC, SQS, CLI, ELB, IAM, CloudFromation, Cloudwatch, Puppet, Jenkins, Docker, GIT, python Shell Scripts, Jira Unix/ Linux environment, Maven, Nexus.
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
- Involved with development teams to support simultaneous software releases.
- Worked with installation, deployment & maintenance of middleware application servers in Dev, Test environments.
- Created Ant, Perl and UNIX scripts for Build activities for QA staging and PROD environments.
- By integrating WLST scripts to Shell scripts, artifacts like war, ear are deployed into WebLogic app server.
- Worked with transition project that involved migration activities from Ant to Maven to standardize build across all applications.
- Used Nexus as a repository in Maven, worked with Snapshots and releases. Worked with Ant Maven Scripts to automate build process.
- Designed branches in Subversion (SVN), managed users and groups in SVN, merged release branches to the trunk after production release.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process. Performed setup of clustered environment with Apache Tomcat application server.
- Supporting engineering plans and schedules by providing CM / Release Engineering services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary to offer services to engineering team.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Build and Release Engineer
- Building up of servers, deployment activities, and environment support including installation, configuration diagnostics, planning and upgrades.
- Responsible for implementation of Software Configuration Management processes, control and build of new versions, updating releases for software applications.
- Automated, enhanced, and maintained the build processes and Supported development engineer on build related issues and reviewed usage of build tools and compliance with build related guidelines of the project.
- Converting the ANT build projects to Maven Build projects. Managing Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Configuring, Installing and Administering the Jenkins Continuous Integration servers. Created end to end build automation and CI setup for button click push deployment. Creating new build jobs, Integration testing jobs and deploy jobs in Jenkins to automate the process.
- Implemented &maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion in Linux environments. Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases. Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT, Stash Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Used Python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process to deploying the web services. Used services deploy command for building the web services. Used maven for few modules. Monitoring each service deployment, and validating the services across all environments.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process. Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Administered file systemand volumes using Solaris Volume Manager on Solaris, Provided on-call 24/7 debugging issues related to Solaris and Red Hat Linux. Administration and support of homogeneous production and development server infrastructure of multiple flavors of Solaris and Linux.
- Building up of servers, deployment activities, and environment support including installation, configuration diagnostics, planning and upgrades. Configured 4 Node oracle and 6 Node MySQL, Red hat Cluster on Redhat EL 5.
- Systemslog management, Data backup and restoration with UNIX native tools (tar/dd). Managed DNS server. Updated forward and reverse lookup files for all the new machines added in the domain. Created reverse lookup files for the new subnets added into the network. Configure and managing LVM on Linuxusing tools like lv extend, lv create, resize2fs etc.
- Developed Cron jobs and Shell Scripts (Shell, Python) for automating administration tasks like file systemmanagement, process management, backup and restore. Experience supporting and deploying to web application servers such as WebLogic, JBOSS, Apache, Tomcat, and Apache HTTPD servers.
- Setup of full networking services and protocols on UNIX, including NIS/NFS, DNS, SSH, DHCP, NIDS, FTP, TCP/IP, Applications and print servers to insure optimal networking and printing functionality. Configured Open source tools like Nagios, Cacti, OSSEC, Splunk, Centreon for Monitoring. Providing 24*7 on-call support on rotation basis and Handling High priority incidents through bridge calls.
- Synchronization of Redhat Directory Server with Windows Active Directory Server.
- Involved in Hudson Installation and setup, created Hudson jobs for both build and deployment.
- Create and Maintain Subversion Branching, Merging and Tagging across each production releases using Hudson Continuous Integration.
- Used Shell & Perl scripts to deploy artifacts in Jfrog Artifactory and built in Maven based on the project.
- Implemented and maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Git and Apache Subversion involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Monitored the health of the servers, Operating system, database and the network.
- Maintenance of Hard disks (Formatting and Setup, Repair from crashes).
- Installed & administered NFS services using automounter.
- Maintained appropriate file and system security monitored and controlled system access, to increase the system efficiency, scheduled system related Cron jobs.
- Setup network, troubleshoot network problems and configured routers/access points.