- As an experienced network architect, security engineer, project manager and line manager, I have been responsible for the design, installation, and operations and management of small, medium, and large LANs and WANs for over twenty years.
- I have extensive experience in systems integration projects supporting the integration of multi - vendor equipment from concept to cutover.
- During my career, I have accumulated over seven years of direct management experience.
Network Security Consultant
- Connected seven sites for a construction company using Checkpoint appliances and creating VPN tunnels to HQ in Warren, Virginia
- Performed Root Cause Analysis for a manufacturing company after a serious outage. Configured QualysGuard and performed vulnerability assessment
- Replaced five closet switches with HP ProCurve switches and reconfigured VLANs and inter-VLAN routing for a car dealership in Northern Virginia
Network Security Consultant
- Served as the Network Security Consulting Engineer responsible for implementing a new core architecture at Howard University. IBM was the prime on this 7-year managed-services contract
- Implemented Cisco Firepower and Nexus 9000 series equipment at the RCN data center in Lanham, Maryland in a fully redundant configuration with two 10 Gbps egress circuits dual-homed to two Howard University redundant POP locations
- Migrated from TrendMicro Tipping Point to the Cisco Firepower appliances for IPS
- Moved external partner VPN tunnels from the Cisco ASA 5585 to the Cisco Firepower appliances
- Migrated Remote Access VPN from Juniper to the Cisco Firepower appliances
- Responsible for BAU and support of the existing network
- Responsible for developing, documenting, and presenting the HU Security Architecture to IBM
Network Security Engineer
- Implemented new 12400 Check Point NGTP cluster at production facility in Phoenix, including meshed VPN network
- Implemented Check Point 1120 and 640 appliances for out-of-band management and remote office connectivity
- Implemented Digi16 and Digi32 devices for remote serial connections
- Maintain and troubleshoot all network security devices
- Developed and performed Red Team exercises
- Upgraded old Brocade (Foundry) 4G-SSL load balancing appliances to Brocade Virtual Traffic Manager using the Web Application Firewall (WAF) at two facilities
- Responsible for all aspects of network engineering in addition to my security duties.
Brocade Security Engineer
- Reconfigured vrrp-e instances on the ServerIron pair
- Resolved VLAN inconsistencies
- Gathered data with Wireshark to assess network connectivity
- Reconfigured ACLs throughout the network
- Assessed and reconfigured OSPF, and eBGP
- Assisted with the implementation of a new network utilizing A10 network equipment with Avaya switches
- Created both “as-is” and “to-be” network drawings
- Worked on the assessment/rationalization phase of GSA’s data center consolidation project
- Installed Riverbed and Gigamon equipment in the Fort Worth, Texas data center
- Performed on-site assessment of GSA’s Kansas City data center
- Utilized VMware Capacity Planner to assess virtualization capabilities
- Assessed Gigamon data with Riverbed Cascade
- Provided planning and documentation
Senior Systems Engineer
- Member of Core Network Engineering team tasked with consolidating the entire data center of BLS.
- Implemented a re-designed switching and routing infrastructure to support consolidation activities (data center rack reduction from 135 to 65)
- Implemented IPS systems
- Retired one of two Catalyst 6513s at the core and implemented a Cisco Nexus 7010 in its place as the new core switch. Heavy emphasis on security.
- Implemented two Cisco UCS C250 servers for virtualization of mission-critical applications.
- Installed a new SAN network consisting of a Nexus 5010 and Nexus 2148 fabric extenders to migrate from the legacy Catalyst 6506 SAN network switch.
- Developed test plans and documentation to support implementation activities and the operational life cycle
- Virtualized over 40 servers using VMware ESX and VSphere
- Resolved complex network issues in a data center environment
- Implemented a fibre channel SAN for embargoed data using Brocade switches
- Eradicated internal static routing in favor of OSPF. Successfully configured OSPF authentication between the Cisco Nexus equipment and numerous HP ProCurve 3500 and 6200yl switches.
- Installed and configured F5 Big-IP load balancers for Web server farm (Layers 4 and 7)
- Relocated and configured building-wide television equipment
- Implemented controller-based Aruba wireless architecture
- Worked with business process and engineering teams to update existing Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations plans