- Expertise in creating DevOps strategies by developing scripts & automation tools used in the areas of Designing, Developing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Monitoring of Enterprise level distributed applications in multiple environments.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of SCM in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Worked in infrastructure team on Installation, Configuration and Administration of Linux OS (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu) SUSE, Amazon Web Services, Windows Servers, Azure in multiple environments and engineering the automation throughout Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as (DEV, TEST, STAGE & PROD).
- Well known about Package Management using Red Hat RPM/YUM and Red Hat Satellite server.
- Experience in System Administration, System & Server Builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Recovery, Monitoringand Fine - tuning on UNIX & Red Hat Linux Systems.
- Hands on experience on deploying applications from on premises databases to the AWS cloud infrastructure and configuring, monitoring, upgrading and maintaining IAAS.
- Managed Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3 bucket, RDS, EBS, AWS Redshift, ELB, Auto-Scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS Console and designing VPC, Route Tables, Direct Connect, Internet Gateway, Security Groups and Cloud Watch Monitoring Alerts. And Migrating Services from On-premise databases to Azure Cloud Environments.
- Implemented Kafka & Kerberos to have users and groups this will enable more advanced security features using SSL.
- Good Knowledge in all facets of full CM process with tools such as SVN, GIT, TFS, Perforce, Jenkins, Teamcity, Bamboo, Chef, Ansible and Puppet.
- Source Control Management tools like Stash, Source Tree, Git Bash, GitHub and Bitbucket right from planning, installation, configuration, facilitating a good CM environment with a very well-defined Branching, Merging, and Labelling/Tagging, Branches locking, Integration process and accessing control, maintaining/troubleshooting the CM tool in multiple environment for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Administered and Implemented CI/CD tools Jenkins/Hudson for automated builds and deployments.
- Installed/Configured Chef Enterprise and Chef Workstation hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Experience with Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases. API Integration of Puppet with Apache and Passenger.
- Using MAVEN & ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code. Converting build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using Nexus & Artifact Repository for Maven builds.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker Engine/Hub/Machine working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker registries and Kubernetes for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple versions.
- Good knowledge on Deployment (Docker) sets up Prometheus, Grafana, Node Exporter with Alert Manager.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like Apache Tomcat/WebLogic/JBOSS/IBM IHS application servers. Basic knowledge about Nginx and software inventory tools, such as Flexera or similar.
- Involved in Installing/Configuring/Managing JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Managing DNS, LDAP, FTP, Tomcat & Apache web servers on Linux servers.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Monitoring Tools (Resource/Network/Log Trace) such as Splunk, Nagios and (ELK) Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana for centralized logging and Storage logs with S3 Bucket using Lambda.
- Experience NIC bonding/NIC Teaming configuration in Linux/UNIX/Windows/VMware systems to increase the bandwidth or redundancy based on requirement by the applications and knowledge on ITIL Process and releases.
- Expertise in writing Shell, Bash, Ruby, Pearl Scripts (hash and arrays), Python programming for deployment of Java applications on bare servers or Middleware tools throughout (DEV, TEST, STAGE & PROD) environments.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB & Cassandra. Backup Tools like Net/Veaam Backup and Replication Suite.
- Performed numerous server migrations on Linux/Unix, Microsoft Azure & Windows servers. Migrations include moving all clients and their data, configuration settings, testing and verifying everything is correct with zero downtime.
- Day to day job included but not limited to handling tickets, Monitor, Troubleshoot & Maintenance by providing
- 24x7 on-call support. self-motivated and intense for learning new technologies.
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Sun Solaris, Windows Server
Infrastructure as a Service: AWS, Azure/OpenStack/Cloud Foundry (basic understanding)
Devops/Build Tools: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Ant, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson & Bamboo, Nexus, Artifactory
Version Control Software: SVN, Git, Perforce, TFS, Bitbucket, Vagrant, CVS
Web/Application Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Weblogic Application Server, JBoss & Nginx
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Bug Tracking & Test: JIRA, Bugzilla, Fisheye, Test Flight, Test Rail, Remedy
CI/CD Tools: Hudson/Jenkins, Bamboo, Build Forge, Collaborator
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Logstash, Zabbix, Nagios, Sonar Qube, Grafana, Kibana, AWS Cloud watch
Languages/Scripting: Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby, Shell
Databases: MySql, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
Cloud Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (EC2, IAM, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancer(ELB), RDS (My SQL), Dynamo DB, S3, Glacier, SQS, SNS, Cloud Formation, Route 53, VPC, CLI, Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch, Open Stalk, Lambda, Security Groups)/ Terraform
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
DevOps Engineer / Cloud Engineer
- Installing/Configuring/Administrating Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and installation of packages and patches.
- Migrated Services from On-premise databases VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB, EBS, Cloud Watch Etc… with Chef Cookbooks/Recipes and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Installed/Configured Chef-Server Enterprise On-Premise/WorkStation/ Bootstrapped Nodes using Knife.
- Using Continuous Integration/Delivery Jenkins forChefCI, Rake for style and linting, Thor for versioning, Berkshelf for dependency management, and Test-Kitchen for testing and development.
- Working with Chef uses Ruby scripts to define the patterns that are found in resources, recipes, and cookbooks and using the patterns to configure, deploy, and manage nodes across the network.
- Administered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain and implemented Jenkins Code and Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS and used to automate the build process and deploy the application to Tomcat application server.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins and configured various plugins GIT, Maven, SonarQube, Nexus.
- Worked on Version Control System like Bitbucket/GIT throughout Dev/Test/Prod Branching to perform daily and weekly Software Builds.
- Performing Git clone, pull (or fetch) operations against the mirror, but pushto Bitbucket Cloud.Used central place to manage git repositories, collaborate source code andguide the development flow.
- Bitbucket is the Git code management solution providing user authentication, repository security and integration with existing databases and multiple development environments.
- Automated weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Wrote Python Scripts to Monitor Variety of Services & Perl Scripts with Hash/Arrays to Insert/Delete/Modify content in multiple servers.
- Creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle. Created Docker images using a Docker files and container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Using Docker swarm to deploy the containers into the cluster using Docker CLI to turn a group of Docker engines into a single, virtual Docker engine and to improve CD of streamline releases.
- Worked on many aspects of Kubernetes cluster deployment and cluster health services for developing cloud services to deployment on top of runtime.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Working with the hardware/application team for the faulty replacement and planning the downtimes accordingly.
- Configured application servers (Apache Tomcat) to deploy the code and deployed various Web Application and API's onto the Cloud.
- Experience on designing lambda to generate email/text messages and publish to SQS and SNS.
- Applied patches every quarter regularly to meet audit requirements using Red Hat Satellite server.
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
- Wrote Jira stories and broke those stories into smaller pieces to complete the stories within the allocated sprints.
- Configured Splunk and Factfinder on servers for monitoring the servers in Cloud. And Integrated Splunk with Active directory and LDAP authentication. For messaging service on the servers using Rabbit MQ.
- Configured and installed monitoring tools Grafana, Kibana, Logstash and Elastic Search on the servers.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven and ANT builds. And authoring POM.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin and managing Maven repositories.
- Written Terraform templates, Chef Cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto Chef Server for configuring EC2 Instances. And wroteTerraformscripts from scratch.
- Configured Route 53 by using CFT templates, assigned the DNS mapping for the AWS servers and troubleshooted the issues of the load balancer's, auto scaling groups and Route 53.
- Written Python scripts with Cloud Formation templates to Automate installation of Auto scaling, EC2, VPC.
- Worked in both Agile and Kanban environments.
- Provide drill down reporting for application teams to use in monitoring their application resource usage/performance.
- Insure impact of software releases to system performance and resource utilization of distributed and mainframe platforms are acceptable during load testing.
- Interacted with client teams to understand client deployment requests.
- Responsible for sprint planning sessions and daily stand-up meetings.
Environment: AWS, RHEL, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus, GIT, AWS, Docker, Terraform, Grafana, Kibana, Splunk, Factfinder, Jira, Maven, PostgreSQL, LDAP, Tomcat, Shell Scripting, Ant, Docker, Kubernetes.
Confidential, Des Moines, Iowa
DevOps Engineer / Cloud Admin
- Worked on installation, configuration and maintenance Debian/Redhat, CentOS servers at multiple Data Centers.
- Involved in configuring and integrating the servers with different environments to automatically provisioning and cresting new machines using CM/ Provisioning tools like puppet and chef.
- Configured RedHat Kickstart for installing/configuring and maintaining multiple production servers.
- Hands on experience with AzureARM templates, Operations Management, PowerShell scripting and MS Web Deploy and Implemented AzureAPIM modules for public facing subscription based authentication.
- Creating and Managing Virtual Machines in WindowsAzureand setting up communication with the help of Endpoints and VM Migrations.
- Responsible for overall design and migration of application to Azure Platform, Accountable for Architecture reviews & deliveries, PoCs to identify and evaluate suitable Cloud model (PaaS, IaaS, etc.,)
- ConfiguredJenkinsMonitor, List and Build views to displays the status and progress of selected jobs with build version information. We are also using inbuilt test cases in Jenkins and running those tests on master branch.
- Involved in phases of testing for example Integration testing, Smoke testing Performance testing and Load testing.
- Developed build & deployment scripts using MAVEN and Automated the process using plugins available Jenkins and move from one environment to other throughout the build pipeline.
- Using continuous integration and continuous delivery using Jenkins and Ansible for docker image building and deployment.
- Configuring Nginx for proxy RESTFul API calls to micro-services in Docker containers.
- Experience working with production servers at multiple data centers. Worked on Physical to Cloud Migration in AWS.
- Hands on experience with Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles and Set up Continuous Integration for major releases in Jenkins. Upgradation/Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Experience with Flexera Software Asset Management to communicate the internal workings of the Flexera.
- Set up system for dynamically adding and removing web services from a server using Docker, Nginx. DNS and load balancing experience on Nginx.
- Created SNS (Simple Notification Services) and triggering it by Cloud Watch monitoring to send SMS or Email to desired recipients.
- Experience in migration of consumer data from one production server to another production server over the network with the help of Bash and Perl scripting.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Developed automation scripting inPython (core)usingPuppetto deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Worked on Version controller like GIT/ GIT Swarm/ Bit Bucket and integration tools like Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Installing/ Configuring Git/ Bitbucket Serveris hosted on-premise, in development environment. Bitbucket Server integrated with CI/CD tool Bamboo that allows to completely automate the build processes.
- Using Smart Mirroring to improve Git clone speeds for distributed teams working with large repos. BitbucketServer provides good performance that require HA and greater performance at scale.
- Worked using f5 load balancer for reverse proxy and application traffic across severalservers to increase capacity and reliability of applications. Logged events from forced crash dumps and troubleshoot server issues.
- Installed Fuse to mount the keys on every Debian Production Server for password-less authentication.
- Management of RedHat Linux user accounts, groups, directories and file permissions.
- Applied the Clustering Topology that meets High Availability and Failover requirement for performance and functionality.
- Installation/Configuring/Administering of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS & Sendmail on Redhat Linux/Debian Servers.
- Installation and configuration of PostgresSQL database on RedHat/Debian Servers.
- Performed Disk management with the help of LVM (Logical Volume Manager).
- Configuration and Administration of Apache Web Server and SSL.
- Created and maintained network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Provide the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Provided 24/7 on call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on Redhat Linux.
Environment: AWS, EC2, SNS, SES, Git, Web Servers, Apache, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, VMware, Red hat Linux, Java, Maven, Nginx, Docker, Flexera, Python, Bash & Perl.
Confidential, New York, NY
Build & Release/Automation Engineer
- Used Shell and Perl scripting to deploy artifacts that are built by Maven Ant.
- Helped developers to resolve SVN code merging issues and Integrated Subversion (SVN) for automating builds with Jenkins/Hudson. Supported daily and weekly routines of pushing good builds based on test results.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built. designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Proficient in using all Amazon Web Services including EC2, EBS, IAM, S3, ELB.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of VMware.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge.
- Wrote shell scripts and automated creating projects in Jenkins and Nexus repository as part of release process.
- Participating in “Release Readiness Review” status meeting (Go/No-go Process).
- Good knowledge on Linux Administration (RHEL/Ubuntu) and Package Management.
- Mounting & un-mounting the netapp storage LUNs to the Red Hat Linux servers and troubleshooting the issues.
- Planned and performed the upgrades on Linux and AIX operating systems and hardware maintenance on HP and POWER servers like increasing memory, disk, replacing failed hardware.
- Hands on Exposure on Version Control GIT.And created branches in GIT implementing parallel development process.
- Deployed the archives to WebLogic Application Servers.
- Performing Risk Analysis, preparing Mitigation Strategies &, Contingency Plans.
- Coordinating Release effort amongst various teams (Development, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Worked with Subversion, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a Fast-Paced Engineering Environment.
- Managed the Subversion branching strategy for a few applications by creating Release/Development branches.
- Efficiently performed the task of resolving conflicts while merging in Subversion with the J2EE development background.
- Tweaked and managed the builds by editing build.xml for change in the requirements.
- Managed and performed the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Involved in migration of Bamboo server, Artifactory & GIT server.
- Extensive exposure to Configuration management policies and practices with regards to SDLC along with automation of scripting using Shell and Perl scripting.
- Involved in Database Engineering work needed for the project involving Developing/reviewing queries/plsql code, proposing Data Modeling/Design, Co-ordination with Data Architects/DBAs/Java Developers for the project DB related requirements.
- Performance Tuning and Management for Linux/AIX server and working with the application/database team to resolve issues and performing the health check on regular basis for all Linux servers.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated VMware and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and resolved bugs in .NET applications to ensure optimal development environment.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process and developed automation scripting.
- Used Puppet for Monitoring system and automation to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Creating customized Kickstart profiles for each server and making ISO to build the server.
Environment: Subversion, Ant, Jenkins, Bamboo, Artifactory, XML, GIT, Puppet, Shell, Perl, WebLogic Servers.
Linux Systems Administrator
- Installation, Configuration and Maintaining of Red Hat Enterprise Linux patches and packages using RPM and YUM.
- Installing and maintaining all server hardware and software systems and administer all server performance.
- Experience in building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure i.e., packaging and delivery of artifacts to QA.
- Written multiple Python, Perl and Shell scripts for automating various tasks.
- Working with developers to load software onto Linux Enterprise servers and debugging Scripts.
- Installation and configuration of Webserver (Apache), MySQL and PHP in a LAMP stack. Managing Server configurations and network firewalls by installing antivirus in application servers.
- Managing workstation upgrades, backup and disaster recovery monitoring, user account setup and security administration. Creating and management of users/groups account information, resetting password permissions.
- Monitored health checks and network issues and managed CPU Usage, Shared Memory, Disk Space Usage and Controlling Processes monitoring of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Creating and deploying LVM for the management of logical volumes including creation of physical volumes in Linux. And created disk partitions and file systems and extended storage space using Logical Volume manager.
- Troubleshooting the network with the help of net stat, ping, nslookup and trace route tools.
- Resolving TCP/IP network access problems for the clients. Develop, Maintain, update various scripts for services (start, stop, restart, recycle, Cron jobs) UNIX based shell.
- Responsible for installing, configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Putty and Cyber duck to access securely into Ubuntu and Red hat Linux servers. Remotely coping files using SFTP, FTP, SCP, WinScp and FileZilla.
- Create, deploy and manage Linux and windows VM using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager, which includes moving and migrating VM from one cluster to another cluster or within the same cluster.
- Performed design, installation, configuration, support, optimization and administration of Windows-based servers and applications as well as provide performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Performed physical to virtual (P2V) and (V2V) migrations to servers by utilizing VMware Converter.
- Installing open source application, search, analyze and develop new application for users. Regularly manage backup process for server and client data like firmware upgrade, managing servers, collecting Logs & troubleshooting.
- Solving day to day Level-3 problems and following it up with the customer until closure.
Environment: Linux, Virtual box, VMware, Apache/Tomcat, SSH, RHEL, MySql, PHP, SSH, LDAP & FileZilla.
Linux/Unix Systems Administrator
- Installation, configuration, performance tuning, security, backup, disaster recovery and upgrades of Linux/Unix environment. And maintained UNIX/Linux OS to provide optimum performance and system availability.
- Involved in development, user acceptance, and performance testing, production & disaster recovery.
- Set up and administer user and groups accounts, setting permissions for users.
- Worked on implementation of network technologies such as installation and configuration of routed protocols.
- Designed shell and bash scripts to automate application and system management activities to extract logs.
- Provided remote support for VPN Technologies for site-to-site and remote access.
- Determined and resolved problems associated with DNS, DHCP, VPN, NFS, and HTTPD.
- Implementing and configuring TCP/IP, Active Directory Domain Controllers, Group Policy, Internet and routing concepts for core networking services using Windows Server 2008, DHCP and DNS.
- Successfully installed, configured of network hardware & software such as Point Data Server (PDS).
- Implemented network technologies such as application startup and shutdown, monitored systems and applications health, and web site management Installation, Management, Configuration of LAN/WAN systems utilizing Cisco switches and routers. Supported software vendors to ensure software is installed correctly and maintained software.
- Determining and resolving system-wide problems on market data servers as well as data delivery networks (LAN and WAN) considering System tuning, Log maintenance, Disk space management etc.
- Configured various services, devices as well as applications of UNIX servers and worked with application team to customize the environment. Worked with Apache and developed several UNIX scripts to automate web tasks.
- Installation, Configuring and Maintaining Red Hat Linux. And involved in handling troubleshooting issues like Booting, RPM packages, Security, User Management and Backup.
- Configured firewall based on Red Hat Linux and FreeBSD that has three network interfaces.
- Respond to on call service for 24x7 production support for the team and support customers over phone spending several hours per day and troubleshooting issues with applications, network, user hardware and work stations.
Environment: RHEL, UNIX, LAN/WAN, FreeBSD, IP, Routing, Databases, Apache, DNS.