- Having 5+ years of experience in DevOps, Build and Release management involving extensive work towards code compilation, packaging, building, and debugging, automating, managing, tuning and deploying code across multiple environments.
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment and DevOps processes for agile projects.
- Extensive hands on experience in Configuration Management policies and practices with regards to SDLC along with automation of scripting using BASH/Shell, Perl scripting.
- Experienced in Build/Release management and Change/Incident management.
- Experience in Administration and Architecture of Cloud platforms like Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open stack.
- Experience in using AWS including EC2, Auto - Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
- Experience in using Microsoft Azure including Azure CLI, Azure Management, Azure Portal, Azure PowerShell, CloudMo nix, Azure Management PowerShell Cmdlets, Red Gate Cloud Services.
- Experience running LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) systems in agile quick scale cloud environment.
- Experience on version control systems like Subversion, and GIT and used Source code management client tools like Git Bash, GitHub, Clear Case, Git GUI and other command line applications in terms of branching, tagging and maintenance on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Familiar with all major PaaS platforms such as Google App Engine, OpenShift, Cloud foundry, Cloud Bees etc.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN, ANT as build tools for writing build.xml and pom.xml & building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Experience in Integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis tools like JUnit, and Cucumber
- Experienced in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins, Cruise Control, Bamboo for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Administered Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise v2 and v3 for cloud operational services.
- Experience working on several docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Familiar with container orchestration using Kubernetes.
- Experience in using Docker in Environment variables, Configuration files, Option types and Strings.
- Experience in web/application servers like Web Sphere, Apache, JBoss, Web Logic and Tomcat.
- Experience in working with bug tracking tools like JIRA, HP Quality center, Remedy and Clear Quest.
- Experience in network administration, deploying and troubleshooting of DNS, LDAP, Load Balancing, SMTP, Firewall etc.
- Experience of working with the release and deployment in Java/J2EE Web applications environment.
- Experience in managing environments DEV, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Actively participated in Release Board Meetings, QA Compliance Reviews, Peer Reviews and other routine QA coordination activities (at all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle).
- Very quick in learning new technologies and a good team player working with Project Managers, Architects, Team Leads, Developers, Business Analysts, Testers.
Programming languages: C, C++, C#, Shell Scripting, Python, SQL, java/J2ee.
Operating Systems: Linux, RHEL CentOS, Ubuntu and Windows
CI TOOLS: JENKINS
Build Tools: MAVEN, CHEF, PUPPET, ANSIBLE
WEBSERVERS: APACHE TOMCAT
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server
Version control Systems: Git, SVN
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Responsible for versioning the source code, releasing binary files, creating and applying labels on source files and release files.
- Testing cloud level deployments inAWS (Amazon Web Services) for future cloud deployments.
- Configured and managed Nagios for monitoring over existingAWS Cloud platform.
- Build Nagios monitors for new services being deployed.
- Manage Linux staging and testing environments and automated application packaging and deployments.
- Integrate GIT into Jenkins to automate the code checkout process and trigger builds.
- Worked on Ansible setup, managing hosts file, Using YAML linter, authoring various playbooks and custom modules with Ansible.
- Managed chef cookbooks to automate the system operations and installed chef role-based applications like Tomcat, Apache and Nginx.
- Setup and maintained automated environment using Chef Recipes within Azure environment. Good understanding on Knife, Chef Bootstrap process etc.
- Developed Python and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Server, Puppet-Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Performed Continuous Integrated Delivery (CI and CD process) using Jenkins and performed Build/Release/SCM/DevOps engineer duties
- Administration of Continuous Integration tool in Jenkins. Create and configure new jobs for each application in Jenkins based on technology stacks.
- Worked with build environment such as Jenkins, container management systems such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Used Ant, Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Managed Version Control Subversion (SVN) and GitHub Enterprise and Automated current build process with Jenkins with proposed Branching strategies to accommodate code in various testing cycles.
- Responsible for User Management, Plugin Management and End-to-End automation of Build and Deployment process using Jenkins.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continuously build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Managed design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Responsible for Managing the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Solve deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging and building of source code.
- Automated Linux production server’s setup using chef cookbooks. Documented release builds and source control processes and plans.
Environment: Git, Cloud Computing Tools, Nagios, Jenkins, chef cookbooks, maven, nexus, Apache, Tomcat Application Server, AWS Glue
Confidential, Redwood Shores, CA
- Hands-on experience deploying and administering systems in Cloud environments.
- Migrating Services from On-premise to AWS cloud Environments.
- Performed Linux deployments utilizing Puppet and Chef with scalability in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Extensive experience in implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (using Jenkins) in an Agile Environment.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries.
- Experience in branching, tagging and with version control systems/Source code repository tools like GitHub.
- Used Ansible to manage web applications, environments configuration files, users, mount points and packages.
- Automated software installations and updates on different server’s simultaneous using Puppet by creating master server and node servers.
- Experience with Nagios in monitoring and alerting service for servers, switches and applications.
- Created Jobs in Jenkins and set up global permission and scheduling jobs in pole SCM.
- Hands on involvement in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and great information of AWS administrations like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SWF, and EBS and so on.
- Administration and Configuration management of version control systems GIT, SVN.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins.
- Identify new tools/technologies that will make the release and SCM process more efficient, repeatable, reliable, and cost effective.
- Also worked on Utilization of Cloud formation and Puppet by creating DevOps processes for the consistent and reliable deployment methodologies.
- Responsible for scheduling release promotions to Test, Training, Validation, Production and DR environments and preparing Release Notes.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agent.
- Worked on maintaining Docker Images and containers.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Used Chef and other configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Experience working with continuous delivery and build clouds with OpenStack and AWS.
- Worked on monitoring, apps deployment, Amazon Storage and Amazon EBS (Disk storage).
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changed between releases.
Environment: AWS, Linux, Web Apps, IAM, bash Scripting, SQL Azure, .NET, C# Linux, GIT, Python 3.0/2.7, Ruby, Jenkins, BASH, UNIX, AWS Glue
Confidential - Syracuse, NY
- Creation, Installation, and administration of Red Hat AMIs inAWS Environment. Administration of RHEL includes installation, testing, tuning, patching, and troubleshooting day-to-day issues.
- Involved in Architect, build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zoneAWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef withAWS Cloud Formation, and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Experience in using Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Implemented and maintained Chef Configuration management spanning several environments in VMware and theAWS cloud.
- Written Chef Cookbook, recipes to automate installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache tomcat, JDK and configuration tasks for new environments continuous management.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Experience in Creating secured cloud infra using (VPC) for Staging and Development environment onAWS.
- Set up ELB for different applications to ensure high availability of applications.
- Used Amazon S3 to backup database instances periodically to save snapshots of data.
- Used Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and give public DNS names to elastic load balancers ip 's.
- Used Cloud Watch logs to move application logs to S3 and create alarms raised by applications.
- Design & implemented VPC service for extension of customer's on-premises datacenter withAWS cloud usingAWS VPC and VPN& Direct connect services.
- Working withDevops practices byAWS, Elastic Beanstalk & Docker.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm.
- Experience working on Docker-Hub, creating Docker images, and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds.
- Built continuous integration and continuous deployment platform of project (Jenkins, Shell, Maven).
- Manual Installation and configuration of Tomcat, and Apache servers.
Environment: Chef, Git, Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Apache Tomcat, Shell Scripts.
DevOps/Build Release Engineer
- Provided CM and Build support for more than 4 different applications, built and deployed to different environments.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to understand a code/configuration release scope and participated in the release cycle of the product, which involved environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production.
- Initially used Ant for writing build .xmls for building Java/J2ee applications later on migrated to Maven.
- Handled documentation of the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for configuring to build and deploy automatically of daily process.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Apache Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI server.
- Developing ANT, MAVEN and Shell scripts to automatically compile, package, deploy and test J2EE applications to a variety of Web Sphere platforms.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT, Stash.
- Maintaining Subversion (SVN) and GIT repositories, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development for automating builds with Jenkins.
- Creating cookbooks using Chef and deploying to Openstack server.
- Deployed web applications using Chef by developing the cookbook. Also responsible for creating and importing all the environments required to run the project.
- Creating unit test for the chef cookbooks using chef spec and server spec.
- Good in provisioning and deployment tools like Puppet.
- Used Puppet to automate Configuration management & Applications.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Installed JIRA and confluence on Tomcat server.
- Deployed the archives to Apache Tomcat web server and Web Sphere Application Servers.
- Configured application servers (JBOSS), WEB LOGIC to deploy the code for different environments.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Apache Maven, ANT, GIT, Nexus, Jenkins, Shell script, Chef, Puppet, Openstack, Java/J2EE, JIRA, Confluence, Web sphere, Web logic, JBOSS, Tomcat, Unix.