- Over 8+ years of UNIX System and Network administration in Confidential AIX (5.x/6.x), Linux (RedHat 4/5/6/7).
- Power VM Virtualization (SEA, vSCSI, NPIV), Dynamic LPAR.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of LPARS.
- Experienced Installing, Configuring and supporting VMWare ESX 3.4 and 4 versions.
- Installed, monitored and supported Web and Application Servers on AIX and Linux environments.
- Server Installations, configurations, upgrades and migrations on Linux.
- Configure and manage Middleware and web tools such as Tomcat apache, WebSphere, JBoss.
- Consolidating multiple Linux servers, into 2 physical virtual servers, using vserver.
- Customized patching and maintenance of Linux servers on regular schedule.
- Regular work involving building new Linux Physical and Virtual servers using kickstart and PXE boot.
- Installation and troubleshooting on VMware running Linux (RehHat) and Windows (wintel, windows 7, XP, Vista).
- Administrating and troubleshooting Red Hat Cluster Suites.
- Participate in installing and configuring of UNIX/Linux based Oracle 10g products
- Strong knowledge of large - scale Linux deployment methodologies, kernel configuration, performance monitoring, and tuning
- Experienced in working with Network Engineers to install, manage, and configure NAS based storage and insure overall system and network security.
- Provide 24x7 on call server support for UNIX environment and Sun Solaris.
O/S: Linux (RHEL4/5/6/7), Confidential AIX 3.2.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x
Servers: Web Sphere Application Server 3.5/4.0, Netscape Server, Web Logic Server, Confidential HTTP Server, HTML, DHTML, XML, Servlets, EJB, Apache 2.2, Tomcat 5.5, Active MQ.
Applications: Hawkeye, Kickstart, Puppet, Samba, Tivoli (TSM), VERITAS Volume Manager.
Languages: SQL, Perl, Shell, Bash, Korn Shell, Matlab with toolbox.
- Configured Jenkins for doing builds in all the non-production and production environments.
- Worked extensively on CVS, Subversion as Version Control.
- Handled Jira tickets for SCM Support activities.
- Understanding and experience working with CI/CD tools and best practices.
- Hands on experience with technologies such as Dockers, Vagrant, Ansible, Puppet and cluster engines such as Dockers Swarm or Apache, Tom cat, WebSphere, JBoss.
- Experience in full stack application development with an understanding of infrastructure, platform and containers-as-a-service hosting and provisioning.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to identify gaps in their integration workflow.
- Collaborate to build, and deploy customized reusable application environments and application stacks using containers.
- Creating user level of access for related GitHub project directories to the code changes.
- Provided L1/L2 support as needed.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Used Artifactory repository tool for maintaining the Java based release code packages.
- Provided the assistance for the smooth phase of Release for the Emergency and Expedite Releases by getting the Director Level Approval and coordinating with different teams.
- Build, configure, and deploy monitoring tools to monitor client’s infrastructure on Windows/Unix platform using CA Tools.
- Monitoring infrastructure includes Application and Servers, Big Data, Cloud and Virtualization, Network and Storage.
- Hands on experience on AWS, Dockers and Open Stack.
- Regular Build jobs are initiated using the Continuous Integration tool with Jenkins.
- Zabbix Monitoring - including servers, network devices and flow, applications, databases, and more.
- Probe Configuration to best Practices
Environment: Maven, GIT, SVN, Jira, Tomcat, Jenkins, WebSphere, JBoss, WebLogic, Linux, AwsAnsible, FTP, Oracle, Sql, and Puppet and Ubuntu, Atlassian Bit Bucket Cloud, Atlassian Jira Cloud
Confidential, Durham, NC
Linux System Admin
- Troubleshooting all kinds of UNIX problems and assisting users.
- User and Group administration in Linux and Solaris environment.
- Day to day resolving ticket issues.
- Creating and maintaining user, groups account on LINUX server.
- Knowledge of installing RHEL Server from scratch using kick start and PXE boot.
- Responsible for migration of Microsoft Virtual Servers and VMware GSX servers to ESX platform.
- Diagnosing and resolving systems related tasks in accordance with priorities setup in dealing with trouble tickets.
- Hands on experience using the VI editor.
- Install, configure, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of RHEL 5.5 and higher
- Regular work involving building new Linux Physical and Virtual servers using Kickstart and PXE
- Perform day to day LVM operations and System Admin tasks.
- Experienced working script in shell.
- Wrote & automated security audit scripts in the environment
- Administering and troubleshooting of Redhat Clusters.
- Adding and removing nodes from and to the cluster.
- Experience in Installation and support of server adapters HBA (host based adapter) and network cards.
- Experience with Linux installations, configuration management and patch administration as member of a production support team.
- Strong knowledge of Linux kernel configuration, performance monitoring, and tuning.
- Good Knowledge of LVM, which include creating PVs, VGs, LVs and filesystems and troubleshooting.
- Involved in complete Administration tasks on UNIX, Red Hat Linux and Solaris and documentation for the projects executed.
- Responsible for installation, configuration and administration of Sun Solaris 9 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux on x86 architecture.
- Rapid-provisioning and configuration management for CentOS using Kickstart and Puppet
- Configured Kickstart server to install Red Hat Linux on multiple machines.
- Experience using Kickstart and modified Kickstart based on server profiles and hardware specifications.
- Deployed Puppet for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Implemented puppet to manage all of servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Experience using Salt, Ansible, Dockers, Jenkins.
- Build automatic provisioning system with Kickstart and Puppet.
- Architected and implemented automated server provisioning using kickstart/cobbler and puppet.
- Implemented puppet for configuration management.
- Experienced Installing, Configuring and supporting VMware ESX 3.4 and 4 versions.
- Installed, monitored and supported Web and Application Servers on AIX and Linux environments.
- Implementation and setup of local Linux disk backups using open Source applications.
- Installation and troubleshooting on VMware running Linux (Red Hat) and Windows (wintel, windows 7, XP, Vista).
- Worked with DBA for Installation of Oracle on Linux and Solaris.
- Worked on installation of Power path on all Linux boxes.
- Participate in installing and configuring of UNIX/Linux based Oracle 10g products and WebSphere and JBoss.
- Set up and troubleshoot issues with Secure Shell in the environment to accommodate script automation and password changes.
- High level experience with PERL scripting
- Strong experience with XML, SQL, PERL, and shell scripting
- Excellent knowledge of distributed computing, relational databases, and network programming
- Superior background in object oriented development, including PERL and C++
- Profound understanding of networking and LINUX/UNIX
- Outstanding decision-making and problem-solving skills
Environment: Unix/RedHat Linux, VMware ESX 3.x/4.x, Puppet, JBoss.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Installation, Configuration and Upgrade of Redhat Linux 5.x, 6.x Operating systems.
- Daily Administration of RHEL 5.x and 6.x.
- Implemented and administered VMware ESX 3.5, 4.x for running the Redhat Linux servers on development ant test servers.
- Installed software packages and configured File systems as per specifications of client.
- Involved in configuration and support of production environment hosted in a 24x7 setup.
- Troubleshooting and problem resolutions on Linux servers.
- Troubleshooting application issues on Apache web servers an also database servers running on Redhat Linux.
- Monitored the servers and linux scripts regularly and performed troubleshooting steps.
- Maintained necessary back-up of the important files and documented linux scripts for future reference.
- Expertise in Linux backup/restore with tar, gunzip, including disk partitioning and formatting.
- Deployed latest patches for Linux and Application servers.
- Administered Liux servers for several functions including managing users, Groups, and permission for each groups and users.
- Pakage management using RPM, YUM and UP2DATE in Red hat Linux.
- Associated with DBAs for installation of Oracle Database on Linux servers and for tuning, backup and restore.
- Configured Oracle RAC Cluster.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard for configuration mananagement to existing inftastructure.
- Involved in developing custom scripts using Perl and Shell scripts to automate jobs.
- Scheduling the jobs by creating crontabs /Cronjobs on Linux servers.
- Monitor the performance and availability of key middleware components in production and test environments.
- Responsible for monitoring and working on problem tickets. Following it up with business and tehincal teams, and ensuring the problem is successfully resolved.
- Worked on firewall implementation & Load blancer between various Linux Servers.
- Experience managing multipathing using Linux and also EMC Powerpath on SAN devices.
- Experience working EMC SAN storage Arrays like EMC DMX, VMAX and configured RAID groups and created LUN's on them.
- Responsible for providing technical support and providing production support for internally developed applications.
- Worked on AIX 5.3 and 6.1 running on ten P5s (P550 and P560), two P6s (P6 550), and six P7s (P700, P702 and P750) attached to EMC storage subsystems
- Experience with installing and configuring sudo, proposed and implemented the idea of building a master sudoers file, and worked on a script to push the file to client LPAR’s on a weekly basis to lock down sudo access as a part of security audit
- Experience with Power VM 2.2 (VIO), HMC Version 6 and 7, EMC CLARiiON subsystem device configuration (Power path)
- Experience in NetApp storage devices, setup, configuration, operations and connecting to pSeries hardware.
- Experience in installing configuring and administering MQ 5.3/6.0 on AIX, Linux and Windows environments.
- Power VM Virtualization (SEA, vSCSI, NPIV), Dynamic LPAR (DLAPR)
- Experience with Integrated Virtualization Manager (IVM)
- Perform system installs and performance tuning, configure and administer AIX 5.3, 6.1 LPAR’s
- Perform day to day LVM operations and System Admin tasks
- Experience in Jenkins and Git hub Deployment.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- RHEL 6.x/5.x, Apache 1.2/1.3/2.x, Logical &Veritas Volume Manager, VMware ESX 4.x/3.x, Puppet. Installation and configuring of RedHat Linux servers.
- Installing, upgrading and configuring RedHat Linux5/x and 6.x on Sun Servers using Jumpstart and Linux using kickstart installation, also SUSE Linux Servers manually and using SystemImager and updated using YUM and worked on upgrading and configuring SGI Servers.
- Created Virtual server on VMWare ESX/ESXi based host and installed operating system on Guest Servers.
- Configuring NFS, NIS, NIS+, DNS and LDAP.
- Setting up cron schedules for backups and monitoring process.
- Updating YUM Repository and Redhat Package Manager (RPM).
- Created RPM packages using RPMBUILD, verifying the new build packages and distributing the package.
- Configuring distributed file systems and administering NFS server and NFS clients and editing auto-mounting mapping as per system / user requirements.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance DNS servers, Mail servers, FTP servers, NFS, NIS, NIS+, RPM and Samba Web servers on Linux platformsfor Load Balancing.
- Experience in installation, configuration and administration of WebLogic and Web sphere Servers.
- Configured SAMBA to get access of Linux shared resources from Windows.
- Worked in ZFS and QFS and fixed the problems occurred, set the quota and reservations for such file systems.
- Applying new patches and packages of RedHat Linux.
- Installation and monitoring of Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Net Backup and Sun Cluster Server in SAN Environment.
- 24x7 on call server support for Linux environment.