- Over 8+ years of experience as Confidential Web Services (AWS)/DevOps, Configuration, Build, Release Management, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD), Automation and Unix administration.
- Transformed traditional environment to virtualized with, AWS - Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Service (S3), Elastic Block Store (EBS), Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), Kinesis, Redshift, Jira, Dockers, Vagrant, OpenStack and VMware; manage Domain name System (DNS) using Route53 of AWS.
- Experience on various DevOps tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, SVN and Git working closely with developers to integrate automation and managing various applications.
- Experience in automating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS and Data Centers, also familiar with EC2, S3, Elastic IP’s and Managing Security Groups.
- Experience with Implementing Project Change Control into software release management in multiple technical environments including Unix, Linux and Windows.
- Provided end to end solution support for Onshore Guidewire -Infrastructure as a Service(IaaS)/ Software as a Service(SaaS) and Platform as a Service(PaaS) - dev/prod platform.
- Creation on Load Balancer which serves traffic to Application Server.
- Wrote Docker file according to the requirements, images and running the Docker container.
- Implemented the Docker Swarm (Cluster), Docker Portainer and Kubernetes Cluster.
- Worked on virtualization technologies/containers (Open Shift).
- Experience of Migration & Deployment of Applications with Upgrade Version of Applications.
- Worked with AWS Cloud Platform and its features, which include Identity and Access Management (IAM), EC2, S3, Confidential Machine Images (AMI), EBS, CLI, Simple notification Service (SNS) and Relational Database Service (RDS).
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Written multipleCookbooksinChef. Implemented environments, roles and data bags in chef for better environment management.
- Used Zabbix, Nagios, AWS CloudWatch, Splunk, Kibana and PagerDuty for monitoring the performance of the servers and applications.
- Setting up SonarQube templates for quality gate.
- Administer SVN, GIT, Maven, artifactory repo, static analysis tool(SonarQube) and bug tracking(Jira)
- Experience automating deployments on application server JBoss, Apache Tomcat and WebSphere.
- Experience in development & operations involving AWS Cloud platforms, EC2, EBS, S3, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), RDS, Simple Queue Service (SQS), ELB, EMR, VPC, Auto scaling (using AWS command line tools), Elastic Cache and CloudWatch.
- Automate, configure & deploy instances on AWS, Azure and Open Stack cloud environments.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC Methodologies like Agile, Waterfall, RUP, RAD and other processes.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, Implementing and Post-Production Analysis of the Projects.
- Experience in and demonstrated understanding of Source Control Management concepts such as Branching, Merging, Labeling/Tagging and Integration.
- Setting-up Baselines, Branching, Merging and Automation processes using Shell/bash and Batch scripts.
- Worked on configuring Puppet Master Servers and installing Puppet Client Software on Linux Servers.
- Build Automation tools like ANT and Maven - worked on Jenkins, TeamCity & Bamboo for Continuous Integration and for end-to-end automation for all build and deployments.
CI / CD Tools: Jenkins and Hudson.
CM Tools: Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
Web/Application Server: Tomcat Apache DB2, Mule, WebLogic, JBoss, WebSphere and Oracle.
Cluster Environment: Redhat Cluster -Redhat 5/6/7.
Cloud Computing: Confidential Web Services (AWS) Cloud, EC2, EBS, VPC, RDS, ELB, Auto scaling, S3, CloudFront, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, SQS, AWS Import/ Export, OpenStack, Azure, Rack space, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt Stack, Jenkins, Bamboo, Maven and Ant.
Operating Systems: Centos 5/6/7, RHEL 3/4/5/6/7, Windows 98, Windows 2000 and RT.
Programming & Scripting: SQL, HTML, PHP, XML, Perl and Shell Scripting, JSP, Groovy and Python.
Version Control: Git and SVN.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Environment: VMware, AWS, EC2, S3Bucket, Subversion, GIT, ANT1.8/1.9, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus™ 2.x, Ansible, Puppet, Udeploy, JIRA, confluence and Nagios4.x/5. x.
- Experience working in Agile Environment.
- Experience in managing automated multiple continues integration tools Bamboo/ Jenkins.
- CreatedJIRAwork flows as per project requirements.
- Created projects, dashboards, reports and questions for allJIRArelated services.
- Exposure to administration of application servers such as Tomcat and JBoss.
- Experience to supporting Apache HTTPD Apache Tomcat.
- Participate as a member of the build team to provide daily build support and release lead for several releases in development, STAGING, QA and preview environments.
- Migrated VMware VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB and EBS with Opscode chef cook books and recipes.
- Experience in managing multiple configuration files across production and multiple non-prod environments.
- Extensive Experienced in Setting up monitoring and alerting of production systems with Nagios XI and Sense.
- DevelopedSplunkinfrastructure on Cloud (AWS) in coordination with infrastructure support teams.
- Created advanced dashboards, alerts, reports, advancedSplunksearches and visualization inSplunkenterprise.
- Implemented Build per Branch as part of CI process in Jenkins to run SonarQube for code coverage and run unit and integration tests to help improve the pipeline efficiency.
- Created, Configured and Implemented the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Subnets, Gateway, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instances, Cloud Watch, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), Route 53 DNS, Auto Scaling configurations using the configuration management tool Ansible and CLI.
- Worked on Installation, configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven, and ANT.
- Created EBS volumes for storing application files for use with EC2 instance.
- Worked with different version control system like SVN and GIT.
- Setup and Configuration of Puppet Configuration Management with specific client requirement such as create user/remove user, install /remove packages and package updates.
- Managed servers on the Confidential Web Services (AWS) platform using puppet configuration management tools and created instances in AWS as well as migrated data to AWS from data Center.
- Worked on Confidential Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tool Puppet.
- Deployed and configured Git repositories with branching, forks, tagging and notifications. Experienced and proficient deploying and administering GitHub.
- Implemented Continuous Integration (CI) using Jenkins and configured various plugins. Also, used Git as a Source Code Manager (SCM), Maven as a Build Tool and Artifactory.
- Design and develop Continuous Deployment (CD) pipeline, Integrating Git, Jenkins and Puppet across geographically separated hosting zones in AWS, Azure and Google Compute.
- Involving in configuring, managing and troubleshooting Physical, Virtual Infrastructure in Cloud and On-Premise on Windows Server, Active Directory, Networking, Storage, VMware, Hyper -V, AWS Cloud and Microsoft Azure (IAAS, PAAS and SAAS).
- 24/7 on call support for emergency site maintenance and immediate build and install requests.
Confidential, Washington, Seattle
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Ruby, Ant, Maven, PostgreSQL, Web Logic, Shell Scripts, Perforce, RTC, XML, Linux, Chef, Kibana, Tomcat, JBoss, Elastic search, Kibana, Logstash, Kafka, Grafana, Influx DB, Logstash and Jenkins.
- Activities include user administration; startup and shutdown scripts, crontab, file system maintenance, backup scripting and automation using Perl and Shell scripting (bash) for Redhat Linux systems.
- Managed physical, logical volumes and volume groups etc. in LVM for Linux.
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and Auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation.
- Installed, monitored and configured Applications in Nginx and Apache Tomcat Server and establish connectivity to databases and troubleshoot issues on the fly.
- Created the users on Chef-Server to setup the workstation on Centos.
- Used scripting for automation and monitoring using Ruby, Python and Shell- Scripts.
- Installed, integrating, tuning and troubleshooting Apache Tomcat application server.
- Installation and configuration of various DevOps tools like Chef and Jenkins.
- Used Chef to organize and execute configuration plans on servers.
- Worked with Chef for application deployment and environment configuration.
- Writing Docker files, Built Docker images, running Docker containers, Packaging the Code and Deploying.
- Implemented end-to-end automation using Jenkins.
- Monitoring the application errors using Kibana tool.
- Developed Ansible playbooks to install the packages like Tomcat, JBoss, Elastic search, Kibana, Logstash, Kafka, Grafana, Influxdb, Logstash and Jenkins.
- Worked with project teams in keeping the CI pipeline flowing as application code is developed across iterations.
- Worked on version tools like SVN and Git.
- Designed the software and the Infrastructure for the company-wide private container cloud solution based on Kubernetes.
- Performed the automation deployments using AWS by creating the IAM roles and policies and used the code pipeline plugin to integrate Jenkins with AWS and created the EC2 instances to provide the virtual servers.
- Worked with PostgreSQL and ran scripts for developers as needed during Sprint weekends for their Agile processes.
- Expertise in remote access and application virtualization technologies such as XEN and VMware on Linux.
- Involved in maintaining Enterprise Nexus Server for managing code artifacts like jars and wars files.
- Integrating Web-logic 10.x and Apache 2.x and deploying EAR and WAR files in Web-Logic Application Server.
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
Build and Release Engineer/DevOps
Environment: Ant, Maven, Apache & Tomcat, shell & Perl scripting, Subversion, Jenkins, Hudson, Windows 2000/XP, Linux, Git, GitHub, Puppet.
- Developed build using ANT and MAVEN as build tools and used CI tools to kick off the builds move from one environment to other environments.
- Designed and developed shell scripts.
- Installed and configured GIT and communicating with the repositories in GITHUB.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories and the access control strategies.
- Used the version control system GIT to access the repositories and used in coordinating with CI tools.
- Integrated maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Performed necessary day to day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Used the Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins for automating the build processes.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Configured Jenkins with plugins and created jobs.
- Implemented Puppet modules to automate the configuration of a broad range of services.
- Developed Puppet modules to automate deployment, configuration, and lifecycle management of key clusters.
- Wrote puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, and managing components.
- Used maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Assisted end-to-end release process from the planning of release content through to actual release deployment to production.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications on to the Apache Tomcat server and configured it to host the websites.
- Coordinated with software development teams and QA teams.
- Performed clean builds according to scheduled releases.
- Verified whether the methods used to create and recreate software builds are reliable and repeatable.
- Deployed the build artifacts into environments like QA, UAT according to the build lifecycle.
Environment: RHEL, VMware, SAN, Switches, LAN, WAN, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, TCP/IP and DHCP.
- Installed and configured RHEL 2.1/3/4, Solaris 10 and Redhat on Intel and AMD hardware.
- Install, Update and Erase the required packages to provide services using rpm and yum.
- Installed, configured and cloned VMs on VMware 5, configured ESX hosts, creating vswitches, templates and migrating VMs across ESX hosts.
- Partitioning disks using Disk Druid, Fdisk with raid options and multipathing with power path on SAN devices.
- Performed build and deployment of servers in Virtual environment using vSphere, vCenter and deploying global policies using HPSA.
- Performed Data Center Migration and Integration in a critical time crunch scenario.
- Configured the scheduling of tasks using cron.
- Used Shell Scripts for Applications, Backups and Scheduling.
- Managing Access Administration, restricting and securing unauthorized access to the hosts and granting privileged access to the System Account and Users Accounts.
- Configured secure shell login SSH and Public/Private Authentication.
- Worked on NFS, DNS, NIS, Telnet, SSH and FTP.
- Responsible for maintenance of development tools, utilities and to maintain shell automation scripts.
- Setting up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Creating and maintaining user accounts, profiles, security, disk space and process monitoring.
- Designing Firewall rules for new servers to enable communication with application.
- Working on Volume Management and Disk Management.
- Enhanced performance using the ITIL technology.
Environment: MS Office, UML, Rational Rose, Microsoft VISIO, Web 2.0, MS Project, MS SharePoint, Oracle 11g, Waterfall.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Review and release of systems updates.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, phones, network, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Established and maintained user accounts, assigned file permissions and established password and accountpolicies.
- Proficient in troubleshooting system problems.
- Monitored client disk and general disk space usage. System performance monitoring and tuning.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting network connectivity.
- Perform on-going performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Support for Virtual infrastructure.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.