- Dynamic, Result - driven IT Professional with 8+ years of extensive experience in Unix/Linux Systems as System Administrator with various OS such as Linux (RedHat & SuSE), DevOps, AWS and System Administration on versions of RHEL 4/5/6/7, SUSE, CentOS and AIX 5.2/5.3/6.1 VMware Infrastructure 5.x, 6.x, Installation & Configuration and Windows environment.
- Experience in Server builds using Jumpstart, Kickstart and Manual installation.
- Experience in AWS, which included managing application in the cloud and creating instances.
- Experience in installing, configuring and administering NFS, FTP, DNS, DHCP, NIS, Mail Server and Samba Server in heterogeneous environment.
- Experience in implementation and maintenance of VMware, DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, SMTP and AmazonLinux instances.
- Experience with AWS EC2, Route53 DNS, ELB, EBS, AMI, VPC, Cloud Formation Templates, Cloud Watch Monitoring and used Chef with OHAI Orchestration to leverage and manage AWS Instances.
- Experience in Setting up Chef Server/Workstation and Bootstrapping Nodes.
- Expertise in designing and implementing LANs, WAN services and IP Addressing schemes.
- Strong knowledge of Switch and Router configuration with Cisco IOS and customization with VLAN and Inter-switch communication.
- Experience with VMware VSphere 6.0, 5.5 and 5, VMware VCenter 5.5, Vcenter5, VCenter 4.1, HA, DRS, VMware VCenter Converter, Host Profiles, VMotion, Storage VMotion, Virtual Appliance, update manager, PowerCLI, Remote CLI.
- Good knowledge on HP, IBM, Cisco UCS and Dell hardware, like analyzing the DSA and IML logs, configuring HP Array and extending the drive size on local drives.
- Skilled in Installing, Configuring, Administration and Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2008/2012 Operating Systems.
- Well experienced in provisioning virtual machines using templates running with Linux/Centos 5/6/7, Windows 2003/2008/2012, cloning the VMs, creating Snapshots.
- Good knowledge in configuring and maintaining Network file system (NFS) and Samba.
- Hands on experience in administration and maintenance of application services like HTTP and FTP
- Experience in scheduling jobs using Crontab.
- DevOps experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Dockers, Vagrant, and Jenkins AWS.
- Experience in configuring Puppet Master and Puppet agents.
- Experience in AWS, Ant, Jenkins, Chef, SVN, GitHub, Tomcat and Linux.
- Good Scripting skills for Linux Server Patching, scheduling services, performance tuning and for Backups.
- Expertise in Configuring and troubleshooting various Networking, Hardware & Linux/ UNIX server’s services issues.
Operating Systems: RHEL 4.X, 5.X, 6.X, 7.x, CentOS 5.X, 6.X, HP UX, IBM AIX 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, Windows 2003/2008 R2/2012/XP, SUSE Linux 10.x,11.x, VMware (ESX/GSX Server and Workstation)
Web & Middleware Tools: Tomcat, APACHE 2.x, 3.x, F5 Load Balancers, Web Logic (8/9/10) & Web Sphere 4.0/5.0, Netscape/iPlanet Server, MQ Series, Cluster server 3.5 & 4.1, Sun Cluster 2.x & 3.x, Nagios, JBoss
Languages: Python, power shell, power cli, UNIX Bash and Korn Shell Scripting
Databases: Oracle 10x, MySQL 5.0.2, SQL Server 2005, NoSQL IBM DB2, Mongo DB, PostgreSQL
Networking Tools: TCP/IP, UDP RIP, SNMP, SMTP, TELNET, SCP, SFTP, SSO, BIGIP, NIS, NFS, DNS, 3DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, LAN, FTP/TFTP
Tools: Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Splunk, CircleCI, Vagrant, Maven, Git, TFS, JIRA, Terraform, Docker containers, MS Build, MS Test, Mesos, Marathon Microservices and Ansible, Zabbix, NAGIOS
Cloud: AWS (EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, S3, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, IAM, Cloud Formation, OpsWorks, Cloud Watch), Microsoft Azure, GCE, Drupal, Acquia, Rackspace, Openstack
File Systems: UFS, VXFS, ZFS, ext., ext2, ext4, ReFS, Xen Virtualization
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
Sr. Linux, DevOps, VMware System Administrator
- Installation and configuration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers using kickstart unattended installation in addition to PXE Boot, configuring of new servers and workstations using kickstart and auto start.
- Expansion of existing file systems on remote servers using NFS Server & client configurations, performed disk configurations and crash recovery.
- Extensively worked on Git commands and GITHUB repository
- Installed and configured Disk and file system management using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) for LINUX systems.
- Creation, Installation and administration of Red Hat Virtual machines in VMware Environment.
- Creation of SAN File System on Red Hat Linux using multipath configuration.
- Troubleshooting Network, memory, CPU, swap and File system issues, TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, SMTP in Linux and Solaris and windows servers.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution.
- Established network security using Linux Firewall and troubleshoot problems relating to boot loaders (GRUB, LILO).
- Used Puppet as configuration management tools, to automate tasks, deploy critical applications, & manage change.
- Supporting infrastructure environment comprising of RHEL and Solaris.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on SUSE and Linux servers. Installation, Configuration, and OS upgrades, Kickstart on RHEL 5.x, 6.x, 7.x
- Worked on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and cloud technologies to migrate over from their current datacenter and virtual environments.
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations.
- Performing updates and upgrades on the systems currently on the network for performance and auditing purposes.
- Worked on Installation, configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven, and ANT.
- Applied the Clustering Topology that meets High Availability and Failover requirement for performance and functionality.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NIS+ and Sendmail on RedHat Linux/Debian Servers.
- Configured, managed ESX VM’s with virtual center and VI client.
- Building and compiling code of varying complexity using scripting language such as Python and Bash.
- Developed and customize monitoring scripts to meet customer needs using Ruby, Perl, Python, and shell-scripting.
- Wrote Chef Recipes to automate standing up new virtual instances.
- Involved in designing and writing functionalities of the web applications using Ruby on Rails.
- Responsible to push the front-end code to Dev, QA and Stage (Pre-PROD) environments.
- Wrote shell scripts to automate the Build and deployment process.
- Responsible for the EBFs (Emergency Bug Fixes) to push them to different environments and monitor their status.
- Infrastructure deployment, administration, troubleshooting and configuration virtual and cloud instances onAWSand VMware platforms.
- Migrated corporate Linux servers from physical servers to AmazonAWSvirtual servers.
- Responsible for Administering Linux servers which includes install, upgrade, maintenance of repositories, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues and maintenance.
- User Administration by creating, maintaining User's accounts and groups, setting up User environments.
- Monitored server and application performance tuning via various commands (vmstat, top, iostat)
- Installing and configuring Apache and supporting them on Linux production servers.
- Configuring and administrating of Swap space.
- Setup configured and maintained NFS, NIS, and TCP/IP network, setting up SSH and SCP features between hosts.
- Created Puppet Master and Agents machines in the production environment for deploying, updating the software in automation process.
- Managed routine backup of Linux servers, making sure all required files and data are appropriately backup.
- Configured NFS, remote mounts and remote access of file systems on Solaris servers
- Monitoring system resources, disk usage, scheduling backups and restore.
- Continuous effort towards refining server builds methods for server hardening.
- Installed, configured and monitored sever hardening tools such as SUDO.
- Responsible for maintaining current software and hardware patch updates for all servers.
- Implemented, customized and maintained the NagiOS monitoring server and nrpe client for effective end-end monitoring.
- Monitor Hardware console for any hardware issues using NAGIOS.
- Monitoring network production servers utilizing Linux or Windows, load balancers and print servers through the use of Zabbix.
- Respond to tickets that are created from
- Tuning of the Linux OS to increase performance as well as installation of new patches as needed
- Developed shell scripts to automate daily housekeeping tasks such as file transfers
- Troubleshooting all problems with performance, upgrades and file transfers.
- Responsible for Applying patches on all servers using centralized Puppet master server.
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining complete and accurate information for all active and decommissioned servers.
- Administrated JIRA, and Maintained documentation using Confluence.
- Worked with chef cookbooks to install the packages like Tomcat, Squid, Greasy spoon, ElasticSearch, Kibana, LogStash, Kafka, Grafana, Influx dB Splunk, Splunk Forwarder, Logstash, Monit and Jenkins.
- Documented, performed and validated test cases based on client requirements.
- Setup an SCM environment to execute a continuous integration builds environment and making the environment agile for the developers.
- Managed user accounts for the team access for RedHat Satellite Server. Also created RPM packages using RPMBUILD, verifying the new build packages and distributing the package.
- Configuring the Docker containers and creating Docker files for various applications.
- Automated the weekly deployments utilizing CI tool Jenkins.
- Created and maintained network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Updated Maven scripts to use Artifactory repo instead of local repositories.
- Document RIS/WDS, Linux Kickstart, and Unix Jumpstart procedures for team wiki.
- Responsible for maintenance of development tools and utilities to maintain shell, Perl automation Scripts.
- Configuration and troubleshooting network areas related to Ethernet, NetStat, NFS, NSlookup, TCP/IP, and TcpDump generation.
- Used Git branching strategy that included develops branches, feature branches, staging branches and master.
- Pull requests and code reviews were performed.
- Worked as a Primary Batch coordinator, to support Production servers.
- Developed chef cookbooks to install the packages like Tomcat, Squid, Greasy spoon, ElasticSearch, Kibana, LogStash, Kafka, Grafana, Influx dB Splunk, Splunk Forwarder, Logstash, Monit and Jenkins.
- Supported 24/7-production support for mission critical application and servers.
Confidential - Mahwah, NJ
Linux, DevOps, VMware System Administrator
- Patch Management, Package Installation/Upgrades and Kernel upgrades. System performance for hourly basis or daily basis.
- Remotely coping files using sftp, ftp, SCP, WinSCP, and FileZilla.
- Created user roles and groups for securing the resources using local operating System authentication.
- Handled tasks like managing User Accounts and Groups, managing Disks and File systems NFS, SVM.
- Configuring & monitoring DHCP server. Maintained LVM, VxVM
- Taking backup using tar and recovering during the data loss. Experience in writing bash scripts for job automation.
- Configuring printers to the Solaris and Linux servers and installing third party software’s.
- Manage system installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, performance tuning, managing storage resources, network configuration to fit application and database requirements.
- Performed regular installation of patches using RPM and YUM.
- Monitored System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
- Configuring multipath, adding SAN and creating physical volumes, volume groups, logical volumes.
- Installed/Configured the WebSphere server, JBoss application server, WebLogic server
- Managed tuning and performance of high profile applications (PeopleSoft, SAP) running on them.
- Responsible for daily system administration tasks in heterogeneous Linux/Unix environments such as user/ group management, applying patches, disk management, job scheduling and packages installation (using RPM and YUM) on Linux/Unix Environment
- Created and configured volume groups and logical volumes extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
- Maintain Zabbix monitoring solution for multiple internal and external customers
- Software package and patch administration, involving adding and removing software packages and updating patches.
- Created the AWS VPC network for the Installed Instances and configured the Security Groups and Elastic IP's accordingly.
- Responsible for provisioning, maintaining and improving upon server infrastructure, split between physical data centers and AWS
- Administration of Web Application Servers and performing tunings for better performance.
- Performed OS, Network tunings on the Apache and Nginx web servers.
- Installation Red hat Linux 5.x, 6.2 and 6.3, 7.0, upgrade of and Linux operating system.
- Configuring DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS in Sun Solaris 8/10/11& other Network Services.
- Performance Tuning and Management for Linux/AIX server and working with the application/database team to resolve issues.
- Creating the filesystem and RAW logical volumes for the Oracle RAC based on the requirement
- Upgrading the kernel in all the RedHat Linux servers and creating initrd image to boot from the Upgraded kernel
- Migration/Upgrade of RedHat Linux server’s version and working with the application team to resolve the issues post migration.
- Installation/Configuration of ESXi 4.x, 5.x servers and applying security patches to the ESXi servers
- Management and monitoring of various services using Service Management Facility and Service Administration.
- Implementation and administration of VMware ESXi 5.x, 6.0, 6.5 vCenter for running RedHat Linux, windows Servers on Production and development. Working with Apache, HTTP, Ngnix Server including proxy and caching configurations
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5 & 6.0 and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure and Administration and troubleshooting.
- Provide the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Provided 24/7 on call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on RedHat Linux.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using SVN version control tools.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts if any during the merge in Subversion.
- Used Puppet to maintain configuration on Linux servers.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures
- Worked with Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the process.
- Worked with Perl and shell scripts for automation of thebuildandreleaseprocess.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5 & 6.0 and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure. UsedJenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Used ClearQuest as Ticketing Tracking tool.
- Created analytical matrices reports for release services based on Remedy tickets.
- Trained offshore team for knowledge transfer.
- Creating and cloning virtual machines in VMware environment using Virtual Infrastructure client 4.x and 5.5.
- Role included working in VMware Orchestrator, VMware vRealize Automation Center 6.0 (vRA) catalog management creating cloud server provisioning entitlements, creating and defining business groups, creating catalog items, creating services for the catalog items, creating Windows 2008/2012) and Linux (Red Hat6) blueprints.
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket, Route53, ELB, EBS with OpsCode Chef Cookbooks/Recipes.
- Assisted in administering VMware SRM to accommodate virtual machine replication
Confidential - Deerfield, IL
Linux/Unix, VMware System Administrator
- Installation, configuration, and administration of RHEL 4.x/5.x, Centos 4.x/5.x and Solaris 8/9/10 and AIX.
- Managed system performance like tuning the kernel parameters based on the application/database requirement.
- Installed and configured VERITAS Volume Manager 5.1, VERITAS File System on various Production Boxes like Solaris, Linux.
- Worked with VxVM in mirroring volumes on high-end servers to secure file systems on Solaris and Linux.
- Managed and administrated of all UNIX servers, includes Linux operating systems by applying relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods using Red Hat Satellite server, YUM, RPM tools.
- Performed the upgrades to Linux (RHEL 5x, 6x, SUSE 10, 11, CENTOS 5, 6, operating systems and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Scanning the newly assigned LUNs to the serves and assigning them to volume group and increasing the filesystem using red hat volume manager.
- Installed latest patches for Linux and performed RedHat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Day-to-day administration on RHEL 5.x/6.x which includes Installation, upgrade & loading patch management & packages.
- Mounting & unmounting the Netapp storage LUNs to the RedHat Linux servers and troubleshooting the issues encountered.
- Responsible for monitoring and working on problem tickets (Service Now).
- Followed up with business and technical teams, and ensuring the problem is successfully resolved. Performed log management by using Alert log and Sys log.
- Performed daily backup of files using manual commands like tar, SCP, dd and cpio.
- Worked on automation of processes using Crontab and shell scripting using Bash.
- Worked on FTP servers for sending and receiving files between local and remote servers.
- Provided afterhours and weekend support to facilitate the issues in the production environment
- Creating Link aggregation (LACP) with VLAN tunneling using virtual connect (VC)
- Configured Logical Storage Manager (LSM) for root disk encapsulation and implemented root disk mirroring for fault tolerance.
- NIS, NFS, AUTOFS, NTP Configuration and Administration.
- Handling NFS, Auto Mount, DNS, LDAP related issues.
- Created file systems using NFS and mounted it. Created devices and special files using mknod.
- Managed daily system administration cases using BMC Remedy Help Desk.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, physical disk, Hardware and Software RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS 4.0 monitoring.
- Log management like monitoring and cleaning the old log files.
- System audit report like no. of logins, success & failures, running Cronjobs.
- Performing failover and integrity test on new servers before rolling out to production.
- Deployment and Configuration of application server Tomcat deploying Java and Web Application.
- Wrote Shell Scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the User logs, analyzing the /var/log/messages.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Produced automated software builds using variety of open source, scripting and proprietary tools.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the OS build failures.
- Provide support to development, test, customer service and production support.
- Used Chef for managing server application server such as Apache, MySQL, Tomcat, and Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations. Installed packages with yum and rpm.
- Installation and configuration of PostgreSQL database on RedHat/ Debian Servers.
- Performed Disk management with the help of LVM (Logical Volume Manager).
- Configuration and Administration of Tomcat/Apache Web Server and SSL.
- Installation, configuration, and customization of services Send mail, Apache, FTP servers to meet the user needs and requirements.
- Worked on building Linux virtual servers by using VMware ESX 5.x.
- Deployed VMs using VMware templates.
- Performed Kernel and database configuration optimization such that it limits I/O resource utilization on disks.
Confidential - San Francisco, CA
- Deployed RedHat Linux enterprise server as like existing versions 5.x, 6.x versions
- Created the VM shell and pushing the operating system using the kickstart server.
- Administered Network File System using Auto mounter and administering user and OS data files in NIS, and NFS environment on RedHat Linux.
- Creation of Kickstart images for the different version of RedHat Linux Operating system like 5.x & 6.x
- HP Blade Center C7000 hardware management using ILO console.
- Created the server profile and making the network and SAN virtual configuration using Virtual Connect in Blade Center C7000.
- Created the filesystems using RedHat volume manager and performing the health check on regular basis for all Linux serves.
- Worked with other IT teams including Database and Network Teams, customers (users), and other managers in helping build and implement systems and standards
- System performance tuning, User maintenance and security.
- Interaction with vendors for Hardware and software supports.
- Regular disk management like adding/replacing hot swappable drives on existing servers/workstations, partitioning according to requirements, creating new file systems or growing existing one over the hard drives and managing file systems.
- Maintaining updated documentation of all the Servers and the installed applications and patches.
- Performed day-to- day administration tasks like User Management, Space Monitoring, Performance
- Monitoring and Tuning, alert log monitoring and backup monitoring.
- Deploy, maintain configure, troubleshooting logs and providing application support for the in-house applications such as Intelli Connect and SAAS on Red Hat Linux boxes.
- Worked with VERITAS Volume Manager, VERITAS Cluster Server in all environments and also monitored the VERITAS Cluster Server 4.1 in SAN Environment.
- Responsible for User and Group account management including their permissions.
- Responsible on handling Cacti and Nagios tools for monitoring. Good experience in installation/upgradation of VMware ESXi 4.x, 5.x