- 8+ Years of professional work experience in Linux Administration, Build and Release Management, System Engineer and also extensive experience with DevOps tools, AWS, CI/CD, SCM and Containerization.
- Working knowledge of AWS, AzureCloud and Google cloud platform (GCP) infrastructural components.
- Used Stack Driver Monitoring in GCP to check the alerts of the applications that run on the Google CloudPlatform and deployed on GCP using Google CloudDeployment Manager.
- Experienced in AWS Cloud IaaS platform with features EC2, VPC, ELB, Auto - Scaling, Security Groups, Route53, IAM, EBS, AMI, RDS, S3, SNS, SQS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudFront and Direct Connect.
- Excellent knowledge on Java/J2EE and the ability of developing XML, HTML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts
- Ability to manage SCM processes which include compiling, packaging, deploying and application configurations.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm.
- Experience inDevOps, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation. It includes Amazon Web Services, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Packer, Terraform, Apache, Tomcat, Ant, and Maven.
- Expertise in Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet.
- Managed On-site Operating Systems/Apps/ Packages /Services using Chef as
- Extensive experience in setting up Chef Workstation, Server and Clients.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins, Build Forge and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Implementing new projects builds the framework using Jenkins as build framework tool and Nexus in Linux environment.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Jenkins and Team city for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions. Extensive experience in using Version control systems includes Subversion (SVN), GIT, ClearCase.
- Strong knowledge on CI tools like Jenkins, Hudson and Cruise control.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war and ear from source code. Updated the instance counts in the production for the services of Red box in the Production Azure Subscription.
- Well versed with Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles.
- Written the Ansible YAML scripts to configure the remote servers.
- Expertise in configuring and administering, NFS, DNS, Open LDAP, DHCP, Mail Servers and Web Servers like Apache HTTP and Tomcat in heterogeneous environments.
- Extensively involved in maintaining large amounts of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data across multiple data centers and the cloud using Cassandra.
- Created Shell Scripts to install Splunk Forwarders on all servers and configure with common configuration files such as Bootstrap scripts, Outputs.conf and Inputs.conf Files.
- Experience writing Shell, Perl, Ruby and Python scripts to automate the deployments. Experience of migrating data from RDBMS to RedShift. Efficient experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository managers for Maven builds.
- Strong command on source controller concepts such as Branches, Merges and Tags. Environment provisioning solutions using Docker.
- Source code management is performed using Git from master repository and knowledge on Container management using Docker in Creating images.
- Installed & maintained XEN and VMware servers with multiple VM's, running a Multi VLAN Physical & VM environment.
- Monitored the servers & applications using Nagios, Cacti and Splunk.
- Experience in using Ticketing & Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center and IBM Clear Quest.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
CI & BI Tools: Bamboo, Hudson, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Gradle.
Database: My SQL, Oracle, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB, Cassandra.
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, AJAX.
Deployment Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
Version Control Tools: GIT, GITHUB, SVN, Perforce, Bitbucket.
Virtualization: VMware ESX/ESXi, Windows Hyper-V, Power VM, Vagrant, Virtual box.
Container Tools: Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift.
Cloud: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure (IaaS, PaaS & SaaS), PCF, OpenStack, GCP.
Testing & Ticketing Tools: Selenium, SonarQube, Jira, ServiceNow.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Dynatrace, ELK, Datadog.
Web/Application Servers: JBOSS 4.x/5.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Web Sphere (4.0, 5.0), Web Logic (8/9/10).
Operating System: Red Hat Linux 7/6/5/4, Ubuntu 16/14/13/12, Debian, Fedora, CentOS, Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, Solaris 11/10/9/8, Mac OS.
Networking/protocol: TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, ICMP, SMTP, DHCP, OSPF, BGP, UDP and RIP.
Sr. Cloud/ DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Dublin OH
- Experience in Designing, Architecting and implementing scalable cloud-based web applications using AWS and GCP.
- Worked on POC to migrate to Google cloud Platform (GCP)to address scalability and performance issues.
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SWF, and EBS etc. Designed AWSCloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web applications and database templates.
- Built/monitored the CI/CD on GCP using Jenkins and Google python commands.
- Work with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Configured Jenkins daily periodic backups for Jenkins Config and plugins files and Integrated Jenkins Build pipeline plugin for managing multi project jobs efficiently.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for Jenkins based software for build system and delivering SW Builds
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code checkout process.
- Good understanding of OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Implemented CI process for Chef Cookbook's development workflow with help of Test Kitchen, Food critic, Robocop and Chef Spec.
- Implemented cloud infrastructure using Chef and implemented auto scaling and Assign chef roles to EC2 instances.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT, Stash Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Used Ansible to configure Tomcat servers and maintenance.
- Maintained and developed docker images for a stack including Cassandra, Kafka, Apache and several in-house written java services, running in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) on Kubernetes.
- Worked on Ansible Playbooks, Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, to deploy critical applications quickly and proactively manage the changes.
- Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible) and experienced in writing Ansible scripts.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of chef client nodes for provisioning.
- Expertise in deploying Ansible playbooks in AWS environment using Terraform as well as creating Ansible roles using YAML.
- Worked on many aspects of Kubernetes cluster deployment and cluster health services for developing cloud services to deployment on top of runtime.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Created Python scripts to automate AWS services which include Web servers, ELB, Cloud front distribution, databases, security groups and application configuration.
- Working with the development team to help them architect and implement Docker and Mesos
- Strong Experience in implementing Data warehouse solutions inAWSRedshift, worked on various projects to migrate data from on premise databases to AWS Redshift, RDS and S3.
- CreatedAWSMulti-Factor Authentication (MFA) for instance RDP/SSH logon, worked with teams to lock down security groups.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments by using Python and Bash script.
- Deployed and managed web services with Tomcat and Jboss provided end-users training for all SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Using Chef, deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration withAWSLambda and CloudWatch.
- Involved in Setting up Chef Workstation, boot strapping various enterprise nodes, setting up keys.
- Created Chef Cookbooks and wrote recipes in Ruby Script to install and configured Infrastructure across environments and automated the process using Python Script.
- Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system. Configured various workflows, customizations, plug-ins for bug/issue tracker and integrated with Jenkins and GitHub.
- Configured and used ELK, Nagios for monitoring and log analysis.
Environment: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS, RDS, SNS, SWF, Terraform, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Tomcat, Ansible, Yaml, MAVEN, Python scripts, ANT, SVN, JIRA, Ruby Script, Nagios.
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
- Installed and ImplementedAnsibleconfiguration management system. UsedAnsibleto manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Worked onAnsibleandAnsibleTower to automate repetitive tasks, to deploy critical applications quickly, and proactively manage the changes.
- WrittenAnsible playbookswhich is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks usingYAMLformat forDev Servers
- Using Docker deployed a new running container, worked on the setup of Docker registry and published all the Docker images to that registry.
- Orchestrated and migratedCI/CDprocesses usingCloudFormationandTerraformTemplates and Containerized the infrastructure usingDocker, which was setup inAWS VPCs.
- Exposure toMesos, Marathoncluster environment for application deployments andDocker Containers.
- Worked on several Docker components likeDocker Engine, Docker HubandDocker compose.
- Involved in development of Test environment on Docker containers and configuring the Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Involved in extremely efficient Agile process, to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Ansible and Jenkins.
- Utilizing cloud technology Microsoft Azure and NoSQL database like MongoDB database.
- Automating in Azure for creation of subscription, Storage Account and tables using Windows PowerShell.
- Moving out the WSTAF infrastructure from On-Premise to Cloud at present MAAS Client and WSTAF services on to AZURE IAAS (Virtual Machines).
- Working with Azure Service Fabric, exclusively to create Microservice application, used Stateful partitions with named service and secondary replicas for scalability and availability Ability to write Shell & Perl scripting.
- Configured Jenkins to perform automated builds on polling the subversion source control system during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs.
- SSL Certificates Request Installation and configuration on tomcat KeyStore.
- Deploying application usingJenkins serverand Troubleshootbuildandreleasejob failures, resolve, work withengineerson resolution.
- Worked onPuppetfor the deployment of servers with custom scripts. DeployedPuppetfor configuration management toexisting infrastructure.
- Wrote, maintained, reviewed and documented modules, manifests,Hieraconfigurations and Git repositories forPuppetEnterprise on RHEL and Windows platforms.
- Used puppet to configure servers manages profiles, push changes, writing manifests.
- IntegratedAntandMavenwithJenkinsto run to automate the build process as a part of continuous delivery.
- Experience in working withEC2 Container Serviceplugin in Jenkins which automates theJenkins master-slaveconfiguration by creating temporary slaves.
- Integrating Defect tracking toolJIRAwith Confluence and Jenkins CI server for identifying, logging and, tracking and documenting defects/issues in real-time.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with Nginx to act as reverse proxy for various service calls
Environment: Ansible, Azure, Chef, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Agile, Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Maven, Dynatrace, EC2, MongoDB, JIRA, ANT, Python, WebLogic.
Build and Release & DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Designed, built and coordinate an automated build & release (CI/CD) process using Gitlab, Bamboo, Nexus.
- Experienced in designing, building, maintaining, and coordinating an automated build/release process using Git, Bamboo.
- Created the Bamboo Build Pipeline to build the code using MAVEN participated in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL and SQL server by using SQL for data integrity
- Experience with OpenStackServices such as Compute, Network, Storage, Dashboard, Image, Identity, Monitoring and Orchestration Service.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in Amazon cloud Services, integrating it with Puppet.
- Used, vim and sublime editors for developing Chef recipes and puppetclasses, creating puppetclass ordering defining reusable methods.
- Puppetautomation, installing and configuring puppet3.x server and agent setup, developing IHS, Web Sphere MQ 7.0, Web Sphere Application Server Automation, Apache solar 4.x/5.x Jenkins, foremen.
- Create Jenkins pipeline jobs for Puppetrelease process for module deployment, using Kanban agile methodology for Puppetdevelopment.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, SonarQube, Puppet etc.
- Well versed in planning, designing, developing infrastructure automation puppetand chef, for build and release process
- Used Splunk for centralized logging and debugging.
- Experienced in Installing, Configuring and Monitoring using NAGIOS
- Developed GIT hooks for the local repository, code commit and remote repository, code push functionality and on Git Hub.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects. Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT repositories and the access control strategies.
- Supporting engineering plans and schedules by providing Release Engineering services to build deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary to offer services to engineering team.
- Automated Linux production server’s setup using Puppet scripts. Documented release builds and Source control processes and plans. Defined instances in code, next to relevant configuration on what running and then created the instance via Puppet.
- Worked with the Architects on Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) process being the owner of post development environments.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- Installed configured and Administered Centos / RHEL and UNIX servers, Red Hat Centos / RHEL Kickstart services.
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat Application Server and static content to apache web servers.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Successfully installed and configured NAGIOS monitoring system to monitor the production server environment.
- Use of Korn shell and Bash for scripting.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Subversion, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, GIT, SVN, Chef, Puppet, cloud watch, AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), Python, Shell Scripting, Ruby, Putty, CONFLUENCE, SOA.
Build &Release Engineer
- Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy the code.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Worked with the developers to configure plugins trough Eclipse to develop the code.
- For check in process used Tortoise SVN as a migration tool.
- Utilize Jira for issue reporting, status, and activity planning.
- Extensively used ANT tool to do the builds, integrated ANT to Eclipse and did local builds.
- Integrated Apache Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- Build Java code on to different Jenkins servers as per the schedule.
- When required applied patches as per the release process.
- Managed and document all post deployment issues utilizing the Post Deployments Issue Log.
- Responsible for communicating next steps, deployment schedules, quality assurance, validation and defect tracking/ resolution.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Used AGILE MVN method to develop a build and ANT as a build tool.
- Involved in writing parent pom.xml files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/CVS Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Used Jenkins innovatively to automate most of the build related tasks. Improved throughput and efficiency of build system by providing EO/managers rights to trigger required build.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts rose during the merge in both Subversion and Perforce.
- Implemented GitLab for version control of puppet modules and process documentation.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with Project Manager’s for the releases.
- Performed volume management using VERITAS Foundation Suite 5, SVM and LVM and the creation of zfs, VxFS, UFS and ext3 file systems.
- Installation and support of various applications and Databases including Oracle, MySQL and Sybase along with Web Logic 10, JBOSS 4.2.x, Oracle 10g, Sun Java System Web Server 7, Tomcat.
- Involved in working with QA team in Load and Integration testing of J2EE applications on JBOSS Application Servers.
- Provisioning of LUNs from SAN based on McData Switches and Hitachi Based Storage.
- Patch management using native commands on Solaris and Linux and following the chance control procedures.
- Monitoring the servers using tools like BMC and Nagios and providing 24x7 supports on call rotation basis.
- Modified the Linux Kernel (2.4) to control the swap.
- Configuration and support of VERITAS Cluster Server 5.0 for various agents including SAP, Oracle, DNS
- Decommission of the servers/service groups which include: removal of Databases, DNS, take full ad-hoc backup of file systems, removal from backups, removal from AD.
- Extensive experience in programming with C, C++, Device driver, Application Services on UNIX, Windows Host.
- Experience in Shell scripting (ksh, bash) (Perl and C) to automate system administration jobs and tasks.
Environment: SVN, Shell/Perl Scripts, SCM, Jenkins, Build Forge, Maven and ANT Tomcat, Jira, Subversion, AWS, ANT, Jenkins, Puppet
- Responsible for day-to-day activities including building servers (Windows 2003.2008), publishing applications, supporting Active Directory (2003/2008), and coordinating with project managers to assure all client requirements are being taken care.
- Creating domain trusts for different domain users to gain access to data and resources.Responds to requests from help desk on any issues related to Domain controller and/or exchange Server.
- Installation and Configuration of Microsoft ExchangeServer2010 with DAG.Maintaining and monitoring of DNS and DHCP Servers, WSUSServerand updating Servers with the latest Windows patches.
- Plan, design, Implementation, Installation, and configuration Operating System upgrade on Red Hat Linux7.0. Red hatLinux Kickstart Installation.
- Creating and deleting and managing user accounts and managing user quotas on the Network.
- Configuring DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS in Red HatLinux6, 7.0 & other Network Services,Linuxkernel, memory upgrades and swaps area.
- Administration/Configuration of Print Servers/Clients in the Network, planning, configuration and maintenance of connectivity for servers as well TCP/IP configuration.
- Experience in creating Groups, Resources, Setting the resource properties and making Resource Online on MS Cluster Service.
- Worked in configuring and setup connectivity between database servers and directory servers as a process server administrator.
- Performed disk management operations with the help of Logical Volume Manager. Worked on RAID creation.
- Performed Tuning of the system using SAR, VMstat, iOS tat, and MPstat, server backups and data restore. Installed and configured Oracle 11g onLinux servers.
- Managed RedHatLinuxuser accounts, groups, directories and file permissions.Performed Hardware Installation, configuration, and maintenance of Dell and HP servers.
Environment: Windows2003/2000/NT Servers, Active Directory, DNS/DHCP/IIS Server,Windows XP/Vista, VMware ESX, Terminal Services, Printer Server. Red hatLinux7, MS Windowsservers 08/08, 2012 R2, Oracle 11g, Apache tomcat 7.0.CI & Build Tools