- Effective professional experience of 6+ years in the field of Information Technology focused on Amazon Web Services, DevOps and Linux Administratorthat includes the principles with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile (scrum) and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experienced in setting up the enterprise infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experienced in AWSCloud Computing services, such as EC2, S3, API, Dynamo, EBS, VPC, ELB, Route53, Cloud Watch, Security Groups, Cloud Trail, IAM, Cloud Front, Snowball, EMR, RDS and Glacier also worked on DNS, SSL and Firewalls.
- Ability to manage SCM processes which include compiling, packaging, deploying and application configurations.
- Implemented Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups.
- Set - up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Installed, configured multiple operating systems onsite and provisioned similar instances on AWS cloud.
- Excellent experience in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Experienced in set up and maintenance of Auto-Scaling AWSstacks.
- Worked with IAM service creating new IAM users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers.
- Experienced with Docker container service.
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Docker file.
- Experienced in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
- Used GITto keep track of all changes in source code
- Expertise in Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Integration, deployment and automation of application servers Tomcat, WebLogic across Linux platforms.
- Experience in writing the playbooks and can manage 1000’s of servers by pushing the code from servers to different nodes in Ansible.
- Worked with Ansible On-premise like writing the script in workstation and pushing that on to the server.
- Expertise in Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for Continuous Delivery (CD).
- Using Jenkins as an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, Maven, and ANT.
- Experienced with Nagios, Cloud Watch as IT Infrastructure Monitoring tool and knowledge on Splunk.
- Experienced with Databases Like MySQL and Oracle SQL.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Experience in configuring and managing Chef master server and involved in developing recipes and cookbooks. Ability in development and execution of XML, RUBY and SHELL scripts.
- Experience configuring and managing Puppet master server and experience in updating and creating modules and pushing them to puppet clients.
- Ability to write Shell & Perl scripting and worked on Splunk for generating various metrics
- Having work experience in support of multi-platforms like UNIX, IOS, Linux and Windows of production, test and development server
- Involved in Linux Administration activities like troubleshooting of regular issues, configuration issues, applying patches, package management and file system issues.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
Operating systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Windows servers 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012R2, Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7, Ubuntu 12/13/14.
Cloud Platform: Amazon Web Services
Application Servers: Web Logic Application Server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 2.0.x, JBOSS 4.x/5.x, Red Hat, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
Automation Tools: Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, ANT, Maven, Kickstart, Jumpstart, Terraform.
Virtualization: VMware Client, Windows Hyper-V, vSphere 5.x, Datacentre Virtualization, Virtual Box, KVM, Power VM
Backup Management: Veritas NetBackup, Symantec NetBackup, EMC- Replication Manager
Networking Protocol: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, FTP/SFTP, HTTP/HTTPS, NDS, Cisco Routers/Switches, WAN, LAN
Monitoring tools: Splunk, Nagios, Cloud Watch, log Stash
Scripting: Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell scripting, YAML, JSON
Data base technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL (DynamoDB, Couchbase).
Version control tool: Git, SVN, Git Hub, Git Lab, Bitbucket, CVS.
Ticketing tools: Jira, Remedy
Confidential, Burlingame, CA
- Working on deploying, monitoring, and maintaining AmazonAWScloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VM Ware Vm's as required in the environment.
- Created S3 bucket for Storage and backup as well as Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups on ephemeral data-Storage, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Creating public and private subnets within the VPC and attaching them to the EC2 instances based on the requirement. Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2, Auto scaling groups.
- DesignedAWSCloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Setting up IAM user roles with corresponding user and group policies using JSON
- Worked on creating the modules driven AWS Infrastructure with Terraform. Created Infrastructure Git repositories for Terraform to launch the stacks.
- Used security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route tables to ensure a secure zone for organizations in AWS public cloud.
- Well Versed with Configuring Access for inbound and outbound traffic RDS DB services, DynamoDB tables, EBS volumes to set alarms for notifications or automated actions.
- Worked on integrating Git into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins, Cruise Control and Subversion. Configured the services using modern DevOps tools like Ansible.
- Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both GIT and SVN.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins.
- Generated scripts in Maven, Perl & Bash Shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Installing/upgrading Jenkins infrastructure on multiple servers.
- Perform day-to-day operation and troubleshooting of VMs.
- Used Ansible for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS. Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks.
- Implemented Nagios integration with Ansible for automation in server monitoring.
- Developed Ansible scripts for an automated server provisioning and Docker images for isolation, reducing the time between provisioning and deployment from over 3 hours to less than 10 minutes.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing docker volumes
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Configure and ensure connection to RDS database running on MySQL engines.
- Responsible for Plugin Management, User Management, regular incremental backups and regular maintenance for recovery.
- Conducted performance testing of Apache, Tomcat, Nginx management services.
Environment: AWS(EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, IAM, Cloud Trail and Route 53), GIT, VPC, Route53, EBS, SQL, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Ansible, Docker, Maven,AWSCLI,AWSAuto Scaling, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Worked on setting up Upstream and Downstream Jobs in Jenkins.
- Worked on Multi project jobs in Jenkins and used pipeline plugin to manage them.
- Implemented new process and policies for build process, automated application deployment and written deployment scripts and automation scripts.
- Worked on designing and implementing continuous integration system using Jenkins by creating Python and Shell scripts.
- Worked with various AWS, EC2 and S3 Command Line Interface(CLI) tools.
- Implemented AWSsolutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups. Optimized volumes and EC2 instances
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.Used Ruby to write GIT applications and Chef Recipes.
- Created Chef Cookbooks for sudo users and network configurations using Chef Server
- Wrote Terraform templates, Chef Cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto Chef Server for configuring EC2 Instances.
- Maintained and Administered GIT Source Code Tool.Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven POM.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Worked with logging/monitoring tools such as Splunk, Log stash, Cloud Watch and Nagios.
- Developed Processes, Tools, Automation for Jenkins based Software for Build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Managed Build results in Jenkins and Deployed using workflows.
- Used elastic search through JSON and Java API.
- Worked on Oracle Databases there by connecting different environments to these databases in lower and production environments.Automated the cloud deployments using Puppet, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Created and updated Puppet manifests and modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository.
- Lead Automation deployment team and worked with Puppet, written puppet modules for application deployment.
- Created artifact files by using jar files and POM.xml files.
- Created some new plugins by writing the scripts in python language.
- Creating manifests and classes in Puppet for automation, AWS Terraform templates for any automation requirements in AWSservices
- Implemented, integrated and managed Perforce as well as instituting accurate and automated build and release methodologies for Binary compilation for Apache HTTP/HTTPS, Tomcat, PHP and MySQL.
- Involved in writing SQL queries to implement the schema related changes for internationalization and debugged the build errors using SQL queries to make sure Database is not corrupted.
- System Cloning, System Copy, and Data Refresh as agreed to by the business stakeholders.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using DevOpstechnologies like Puppet.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Created automation and deployment templates for relational and NoSQL databases including MySQL and Cassandra in AWS.
Environment: Agile, EC2, S3, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Puppet, Nagios WebLogic, TOMCAT, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Ruby Scripts, XML, Oracle, Unix.
Build and Release Engineer
- Performed version control administration using CVS.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR, WAR, and EAR.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process and Shell/Perl scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment in JBoss Application Server.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments
- Performed Load/Functional testing using Mercury Load runner and HP QTP.
- Coordinated Instance Refreshes and Environment Re-base lining.
- Coordinated all the IT projects successfully by resolving release interdependencies and planning release.
- Planning, scheduling and documenting releases at code Freeze Periods.
- Worked with many teams of strength more than 30 and managed 2 release/build engineers.
- Stand by administrator for Clear Case and PVCS.
- Performed Functional and Stress Testing for a few applications using Mercury Load runner.
- Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion functions for the project like merging, creating branches and tags using Tortoise SVN/ Visual SVN.
- Tracked backlogs and fixed bugs using JIRA.
- Integrated JIRA with subversion and configured with Jenkins to automate the entire Build and release process.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Kept track of all the releases and request of the developers through Infrastructure management tool.
- Supported engineering plans and schedules by providing CM/Release Engineering services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary.
- Created tickets for bug stories and feature stories in JIRA with co-ordination of QA/BA team respectively and issued it to developers to fix bugs and include necessary feature add.
- Mentor Business Areas on Subversion Branching, Merging strategies concepts using Git SVN.
- Managing multiple AWS cloud accounts. Automating creation ofentire VPCs with EC2, Elastic Cache, S3 Bucket for storing and Backup, SQS, SES, SNS, and Route53 assets using Cloud Formation.
Environment: Subversion, AWS, Clear Case, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, DB2, UNIX, Windows Server 2003 Windows XP, Web Sphere, Perl Scripting, CVS.
- Managed and administrated of all UNIX servers, includes Linux operating systems by applying.
- Relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods using Red Hat Installation, Configuration, up gradation and Administration of RHEL 3.x/4.x Using Jumpstart & Kickstart OS integration.
- Performed package installations, maintenance, periodic updates and patch management on Linux using rpm/yum and system administration tasks such as User/group account management, LVM, file systems, disk management, load balance monitoring on servers and server health checks.
- Responsible for configuring and managing DNS, DHCP, NFS, FTP, SSH, LDAP, NIS and Squid servers in Linux.
- Responsible for configuring real-time backup of web servers. Manage security of servers. Respond to work requests which include problem trouble-shooting, root cause analysis, executing scheduled changes, performance analysis.
- Wrote Python scripts for task automation and tracked disk space on servers through shell scripts.
- Managing services, maintaining and managing log files, monitoring event, logs and troubleshooting system problems using Nagios tool and resolve any reported issues.
- Responsible for reviewing open tickets, resolve and close any existing tickets using BMC Remedy tool.
- Responsible for resolving network issues using network tools like ping, TCP trace route, trace route and TCP dump. Manage security of servers.
- Created and maintained LINUX Vm’s, Installed VMWare ESX4.1 to perform virtualization of RHEL servers.
Environment: RHEL, Linux VMware, UNIX, python, Nagios, Red Hat.