- 7 years of IT industry experience into DevOps, AWS cloud, Linux, Unix, Continuous Integration, Configuration Management, Build, Deploy and Release management, Agile methodologies, Vmware.
- Experience in various stages of software deployment life cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, deployment and testing of various business applications.
- Expertise in automating builds and deployment process using Bash, Python and Shell scripts with focus onDevOpstools, CI/CD, AWS Cloud Architecture.
- Worked in different software development life cycles using the Waterfall, Agile methodologies and have great experience with the tools like GITHUB, Jenkins and Subversion (SVN).
- Expertise in implementing DevOps culture through CI/CD tools like Repos, Jenkins, Code Pipeline, Maven, and configuration management tools like Chef.
- Setup up and maintenance of automated environment using basic Chef recipes & cookbooks and mostly on Puppet manifest and modules within AWS environment.
- Experience with an in - depth level of understanding in the strategy and practical implementation of AWS Cloud-Specific technologies including EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, EMR, ECS, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, RedShift, Lambda, SNS, Dynamo DB.
- Experience on performing tasks like Branching, Tagging, and Release Activities on Version Control Tools like SVN, GIT.
- Engineered Splunk to build, configure and maintain heterogeneous environments and in-depth knowledge of log analysis generated by various systems including security products.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of processes and associated scripts/tools for automated build, testing and deployment of the products to various developments.
- Extensively worked onJenkinsFreestyle and pipeline jobs for end-to-end automation to build, test and deliver artifacts and Troubleshoot thebuildissue during the Jenkinsbuildprocess.
- Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using Continuous Integration and Continuous Development Pipelines and configuration management tools with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened deployment cycles via automated deployments.
- Installed and Configured chef server/workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes. Managed and Monitored the instances (chef clients) on AWS EC2.
- Written several cookbooks inChefto automate the environment provisioning, Middleware Infrastructure Installations.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web end application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, and Tomcat.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & jar from source code.
- Experience in Splunk development creating Apps, Dashboards, Data Models, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux including Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, configuration and administration of Red Hat Virtual machines in Vmware Environment.
- Experience with Bugtrackingtool like JIRA Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Python for automating tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work as team or individually, ability to learn new technologies quickly, good interaction with developers, managers and team members to coordinated job tasks and strong commitment to work.
Platforms: Windows, Linux (red hat 5.x), Centos, Ubuntu, Mac
Cloud Platform: AWS
Version control Tools: Git, SVN,CVS
Build Tools: Ant, Maven.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins
Web/Application servers: Nginx, Apache Tomcat(6.x,7.x), WebSphere, WebLogic
Scripting Languages: Shell Script, Ruby, Python
Monitoring Tools: AppDynamics, Splunk, CloudWatch(AWS)
Bug tracking Tools: JIRA
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet
Databases: AWS RDS, MySQL
Confidential, Baltimore MD
- Involving in various phases of application development. Iteratively analyzed and developed the system going through Agile, Scrum methodology.
- Implementing AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, EBS, and Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, IAM, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Lambda.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets for storing static websites, logs, build artifacts, snapshots and creating a snapshot of an EBS volume and stores it in Amazon S3.
- Maintaining secure connection from On-Premise infrastructure storage to AWS by using VPN.
- Developing AWS terraform scripts templates to Automating AWS infrastructure to create stacks using services like VPC, Subnets, Route tables, S3, NAT, EC2 instances, RDS, ELB, Autoscaling.
- Using Amazon Cloud Watch for monitoring and alerting and integrated with Autoscaling launch configurations for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics and used Nagios.
- Maintaining base AMI's based on requirements like all tools needed and sharing across all regions and accounts. Created IAM roles to switch accounts and setting permissions to access AWS resources.
- Working on creating of custom Docker images, tagging and pushing the Images and creating the Docker containers.
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks Shell/Python/JSON for automation purpose.
- Working closely with the Development Team in the design phase and developed Use case diagrams. Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Implementing & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion /GIT.
- Creating CRON jobs to perform timely backups, creating snapshots, starting and stopping of environments (Dev, QA, Perf and Pre-prod), run the scripts in timely manner not affecting the production systems.
- Setup and support automated Continuous Integration utilizing tools like Jenkins, Shell Scripts, and AWSCLI/API.
- Configuration and administration of Load Balancers, Route53, Network, and Auto-scaling for high availability.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, EBS, and Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling, Cloud Trail, Route 53, Storage Gateways, VPC, VPN, Subnets, NAT, Cloud formation, IAM, Cloud Watch), VMware, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, GIT, Bitbucket, Maven, ANT, JIRA, My SQL, Shell, Python, JSON.
Confidential, Columbus Ohio
- Configuring, supporting and maintaining all network firewall, storage, load balancer, operating systems and software in AWS EC2 Instances.
- Configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in amazon Glacier.
- DesigningAWSCloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Managing AWS infrastructure and automation with CLI and API. Working on Inbound and Outbound services with automation of Chef. Deploying multiple resources simultaneously, using CloudFormation templates in AWS.
- ManagingAWSEC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Utilizing CloudWatch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, DynamoDB tables, EBS volumes to set alarms for notification or automated actions and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 Cloud Servers using AMI's, Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), NACL, and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS.
- Handling migration of on-premises applications to cloud, and created resources in cloud to enable this, using all critical AWS tools, used ELB and Auto-Scaling policies for scalability, elasticity and availability.
- Developing build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Building Automation and Build Pipe Line Development using Jenkins, GitHub and Maven. Set up build pipelines in Jenkins by using various plugins like Maven plugin, EC2 plugin etc.
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Maven, Python and Shell.
- Maintaining JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Responsible for Plugin Management, User Management, regular incremental backups and regular maintenance for recovery.
- Writing wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running thechefclient on them in aChef-Solo environment.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail), Cloud Formation Templates, GIT, GitHub, Bash, Python, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Linux, Unix, Apache Tomcat, Windows, Jira.
- DevOps Engineer for teams that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Responsible to pull the new code based on baselines, branching, and merging by label or tagging and managing software lifecycle of the source code using Subversion (SVN).
- Extensive exposure to Configuration Management policies and practices with regards to SDLC; along with automation of scripting using BASH/Shell, Perl scripting.
- Created a Release and Software Configuration Management process including setting up and implementing branching, checking, build and deployment process.
- Developed the automated build and deployment using Maven and Jenkins using Tomcat as the application server.
- Planned and released schedules with Agile methodology & coordinated releases with engineering & SQA for timely delivery.
- Ensured that the standards of Build and Deploy Management including configuration identification, change control, build management, process management, and environment management are implemented, maintained and improved as required by business conditions.
- Created, uploaded new cookbooks and recipes, and scheduling the Chef Nodes convergence using Linux Cron jobs.
- Worked on Chef in Production environment over 20 servers.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects provided support for Application issues.
- Implemented zero downtime deployment process in WebLogic using python and shell script and automated it using Jenkins.
Environment: CentOS,Linux, Ubuntu, HP, GIT, GitHub, Jenkins, Chef, Python, Tomcat, Ant, Maven, Shell script, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat.
Build and Release Engineer
- Responsible for the management and continuous improvement of thereleaseprocess for internal and external web applications.
- Build, manage, and continuously improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Experienced in Testing/Development/Automation in a DevOps role on an Agile project team for the API Gateway.
- Provided Manual, Continuous Integration, Gated Check-in and Schedulebuilds(along with the option to forcebuildson that schedule even if no changes occurred since the lastbuilds).
- Developed and implemented SoftwareReleaseManagement strategies for various applications according the Agile process.
- Management of customer requirements and documentation of the Project Plan as per the requirements.
- Extensively worked with version control systems like CVS, SVN and Git.
- Maintainedbuildrelated scripts developed in ANT and Shell. Modifiedbuildconfiguration files including Ant'sbuild.xml.
- Developed build and Deployment Scripts using ANT and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule thebuilds.
- Continuous Delivery is being enabled through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stress and Production using Jenkins.
- Hands on experience in automatingbuildsand deployment process using Shell scripting.
- Deployed and maintainedChefrole-based application servers, includingApache Tomcat.
- Wrote various cookbooks and recipes to support APIs deployment using Chef as an Infrastructural Automation tool.
- Created deployment tickets using JIRA forbuilddeployment in Production.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performed releases with the Maven release plugin, and managed artifacts in NEXUS repository.
Environment: GIT, GitHub, Jenkins, Chef, Python, Linux, Tomcat, Ant, Maven, Shell script, Apache Tomcat.
- As a member ofLinuxAdmin supporting Technology Environment group responsible for Installation, maintenance, Administration and troubleshooting of Red Hat EnterpriseLinux4/5 systems.
- Installed VMware hypervisor on top of the Windows operating system and created several virtual machines.
- Managed VMware Infrastructure/vSphere5 clusters on Test/Development environments.
- Provided 24x7 System Administration support for RedHat Linux 3.x, 4.x servers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis Provided the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Performed OS upgrades and Patch loading as and when required and Backed up and restoring files across the network.
- Wrote Technical documentation for various projects and worked with Technical writer to finalize the documents and Monitored overall system performance, performed user management, system updates and disk & storage management.
- Disaster Recovery activities and extracting Disk ISO for critical production environment.
- Worked on automation of processes using Crontab and shell scripting using Bash.
- Configured, and administered multiple production RedHat 4.0, 5.0 servers across multiple platforms.
- Created users and groups and restrict them using Basic, ACLs and Advanced File Permissions apart from the File Server level permissions.
- Shared files betweenLinuxboxes and windows using the WinSCP, a secure FTP, SCP client for Microsoft Windows.
- Developed utilities for developers to check the checkouts, elements modified based on project and branch and Performed log management by using Alert log and Sys log.
- Created Subversion configuration record forbuildsusing derived objects generated duringbuildaudit process.
Environment: CentOS, RedHatLinux, Shell, Bash, Ubuntu, HP, VMware ESX, VSphere, Apache.