- Over 7+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure, DevOps, automation deployment, RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) cloud implementation, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Hands on experience working on CI/CD tool sets such as Jenkins, SVN, Bamboo, JIRA, GIT, Chef Ansible, Puppet.
- Experience Deploying code on Cloud based Infrastructure like Private cloud (OpenStack, VM based environments), Public Cloud (AWS EC2 Instances, OpenStack) or across Hybrid Cloud Environments
- Experience with containerization architectures such as docker/swarm in production workloads, Kubernetes for web - based applications
- Automate builds for developer environments from development through production using Jenkins and maintaining Jenkins Pipeline, building CI/CD pipelines
- Expertise in using builds tools like Maven and Ant for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & jar from source code.
- Experience writing Shell (Bash), Perl and PowerShell scripts to automate the deployments
- Experienced in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, S3, VPC, EBS, ELB, RDS, RDB, Elastic Beanstalk, DynamoDB, RedShift and Route 53, EC2 AMI, EBS Cloud watch, AWS Config, and Auto-scaling, IAM.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances and setting up security groups and databases in AWS using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Evaluate Chef and Puppet framework and tools to automate the cloud deployment and operations
- Experience in Installing, Configuring Virtualization Environment VMware ESX ESXi,
- Experience in Installing, upgrading and configuring Red Hat Linux 4.x, 5.x, and 6.x using Kickstart Servers.
- Experience with Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM), Veritas File System (VxFS), Veritas Net Backup, Veritas Clustering with SAN, NAS environment.
- Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
Linux: Amazon Linux AMI, RHEL 6.x,7.x, WIN 08/12, AIX 7.1, 8.x
Scripting: Bash, Perl and PowerShell
Server virtualization platforms: VMware vSphere ESX/ESXi (e.g. creation, deployment, etc.), vMotion, KVM, Xen, Oracle Virtual Machine (OVM)
Version Control: GIT, Github, Bitbucket, Gitlab, AWS-CodeCommit
Databases: SQL 2012, DB2 and Sybase
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Nexus
Project Management/ Monitoring: Zabbix for system alerts, Splunk for log aggregation / management, Nagios, Cloud Watch
Cloud Infrastructure: EC2, S3, RDS, IAM, ELB, CloudWatch, Autoscaling, EBS
Continuous Build Integration: Hudson/Jenkins, AntHillPro, Udeploy (Urban code) and Artifactory
DevOps: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, AWS, Kubernetes
Confidential, Coraopolis, PADevOps Engineer
- Utilize Cloud Formation and Puppet by creating DevOps processes for consistent and reliable deployment methodology.
- Configured Puppet to perform automated deployments. Expert in User Management and Plugin Management for Puppet.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Worked with cloud providers and API's for Amazon (AWS) EC2, S3, VPC.
- Developed utilities for developers to check the checkouts, elements modified based on project and branch.
- Has Experience in continuous integration technologies with Jenkins. Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using Continuous Integration and Continuous Development.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (ksh, Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Stash and TFS on Linux and windows platforms
- Creating and deleting dynamic views for developers as requested by user.
- Responsible for building and releasing packages for testing.
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI and use this launch configuration to configure auto scaling groups and Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDb, Route53, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Carried deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool
- Supported HA services and administrated MySQL, Amazon EC2.
- Provided assistance for interaction with backend and NoSQL databases.
- Installed Build Forge and performed troubleshooting during installation.
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Worked for Puppet and AWS automation.
- Responsible for User Management and Group Management in Build Forge.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
Environment: Clear Case, ANT, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Build Forge, Jenkins, and bash, Puppet, AWS, MySQL and NoSQL.
Confidential, Stamford, CT
- Created and deployed builds to different environments based on requests.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven and Ant. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes.
- Helped developers and other project teams to set views and environments.
- Created and applied Baselines and Labels for each Build Artifacts.
- Created UCM Projects, Development and Integration views for Development and Integration Streams.
- Designed and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Wrote Puppet models for installing and managing java versions.
- BuildOpenStacktest and development infrastructureand maintaining Chef Cookbooks for production rollout.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef and AWS OpsWorks stacks across 4 product platforms.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into GitHub code management repo.
- Managed GIT and SVN as Source Control Systems
- Created Pre-operation and Post-operation triggers in UCM.
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Provided level one support for build troubleshooting and production issues.
- Responsible for the EBFs (Emergency Bug Fixes) to push them to different environments and monitor their status.
- Performed merges for each build from Development Branch to Integration Branch.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for the purpose of build and install on different environments.
- Created the build instructions docs and install (deploy) instructions docs for each application for different environments.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Eclipse, Chef, AWS (Amazon Web Services) Ant, Maven, Subversion, SVN, GIT, Python, Ruby, Nexus, Sonar, UCD, Jenkins, PERL, BASH, Solaris, UNIX.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
Linux Admin/Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Automate deployment and release distribution process. Develop and enhance the automated configuration management system
- Used Git for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Created the branches in Git to implement the parallel development process to support quarterly releases
- Supporting Configuration, deployment and troubleshooting of ~2000 RHEL systems, - both physical and virtual DEV, TEST, PROD machines
- Built generic VM template in VMWare ESX virtual environment for Production and QA servers to deploy 40+ servers
- Wrote Puppet Manifest files to deploy automated tasks to many servers at once.
- Developed Puppet Modules for installation & Auto healing of various tools like Jenkins
- Designed the project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins as CI tool
- Worked on creation of puppet manifest files to install tomcat instances and to manage configuration files for multiple applications
- Used Cloud Formation Templates automated infrastructure provisioning and deployment in Cloud environment of AWS
- Implemented security policies and principles to secure the Cloud Environment
- Used SES and SNS to send detailed notifications about complaints, and deliveries
- Worked on Docker and created virtual instances with Docker.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers
Environment: Veritas InfoScale Enterprise 7.1, Nimsoft, SSH Key Management, Active Directory, ILO 4, HA, Subversion, Git, Github, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, SMS, SES, ECS, RDS backup
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Worked on variety of Linux Platforms Red Hat Linux, Solaris which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Deployed puppet, dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure
- Setup puppet master, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications on Dev, QA, production environment.
- Created continuous integration system using Ant, Jenkins, puppet full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- Implement best practices and maintain Source Code repository infrastructure (Using GIT
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Analyze and resolve compilation and deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging and building of source code.
- Develop and enhance the automated configuration management system (chef, puppet).
- Maintain and enhance currentbuild procedures for all software development projects.
- Used Ant, Maven to perform daily and weekly SoftwareBuild.
- Installed, administered and configured Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Resolving merging issues duringbuild and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Maintainbuildsystem and automatebuildprocess for different applications.
- Deploying Java Enterprise applications to Apache Web Server, Tomcat, and JBoss Application server.
- Automate deployment andrelease distribution process with shell, AWK, and Perl etc.
- Created various jobs in Splunk for logs management
Environment: GIT, ANT, Maven, Subversion, Jenkins, Splunk, Chef, Puppet, Shell Scripts, Apache Web Server, Tomcat, JBoss Application Server.
- Involved in finishing up the EOSL-2003 project, better than any other OpCo.
- Involved in Migrated off of old clustered fileservers WIN 2003 on out of date SAN Storage to state of the art Isilon technology faster disk access, redundancy and recovery .
- Implemented quotas, and took, for the most part, storage management for group shares off of the team.
- Configuring and Maintaining LVM and software RAID.
- Assist users with hardware, email, network, peripheral problems and troubleshooting.
- Manages the data center and computer host systems including hardware. Provide production support.
- Production Support & Systems engineering duties related to Red hat system administration DNS, DHCP, NFS, NIS, LDAP, user account maintenance, backup & recovery, Auto-mounting, License Management, Printer configuration
- VERITAS Volume Manager and VERITAS File System troubleshooting and Administration.
- Installing operating systems, patches, hardware, vendor software packages, system customization and document the configuration of the system.
- Troubleshooting VERITAS Volume Management and cluster server environment.
- VMware configuration, auto mount, installing Linux software and patches, NTP and swap space, memory and capacity alerts, SSH and hung system reboots.
- Monitoring system resources, logs, disk usage, scheduling backups and restore.
- Production Support: Provided 24x7 supports for various divisions within the Company and resolve all production issues in a high pressure and time sensitive environment.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, IBM AIX 5.x,6.x Windows Server 2008, HP Proliant DL160 GEN9, DL360 GEN9, VMware vCenter/vSphere 5.1, TSM, Netbackup, VERITAS Volume Manager5.x, NetBackup.