- Over 5+ years of experience in the areas ofVMWare, Linux/RHEL and Windows administration, Experienced in Installation, Configuration, and TroubleshootingVMwareESX & ESXi, 6.5, 6.0, .5.5, 5.1, 5.0, 4.1, 4.0, 3.5, vSphere 5.5, 5.1, 5.0, 4.1, 4.0, vMotion and Virtual Center 5.1, 5.0, 4.1, 4.0, Hypervisor.
- Profound knowledge in installing, Patching, upgrading and configuring Redhat, Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x and 7.x using Redhat Satellite Servers.
- Practical work experience in Installing, Maintaining, Monitoring, Troubleshooting and Managing Blade Center server, Configuring and Zoning Storage Area Networks and SAN Switches andVMwareESX Server Administration.
- Experience in building datacenters including DEV, TEST, Production and DR facilities on multiple locations withVMware, SRM, Redhat Cluster Suites.
- Worked on Hardware IBM x - Series Servers for Linux, HP Blade centers and HP DL hardware iLO devices, Intel Family, IBM Bladecentes, IBM Console, HP Open View, Dell servers, CISCO UCS Blades &VMWarevirtualization.
- Installation/Configuration/upgrade of Hardware, Operating Systems, Software and Security related patches.
- Capacity planning of disk space and hardware resources required for production and development servers.
- Experienced in installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, tuning, security, backup/ recovery and upgrading Linux (Red Hat & SuSE) in large environments.
- Responsible for OS maintenance activities like upgrading the OS, updating the services and third party software.
- Administering storage backup and monitoring the services with TSM
- Performed all the LVM tasks like creating Physical volumes, Volume groups, Logical Volumes, and file system.
- Configuring and maintaining virtual server environment usingVMWAREESXi, VSphere, VCenter
- Clustering solutions for High Availability using tools such as, Redhat HA (RHCS), and MC Service Guard, Microsoft Cluster Services, Sun Cluster
- Administering the DevOps environment for tools development and transforming the work into Linux platform.
- Deployment ofVMwarePowerCLI tool for automation of vSphere and vCenter administration.
- Good scripting skills with strong knowledge ofVMwarePowerCLI.
- Automate disaster recovery by automatically failing over a customer inVMWareESX using 3PAR RM & vSphere Recovery Manager with the help of PowerCLI Scripts.
- Performed installation and configuration of LDAP. Implemented Single Sign On using Open LDAP in enterprise environment.
- Deployment & system configuration Automation by Puppet and Cheff automation tools
- Performed patching of Linux servers on regular schedule.
- Setup, Implementation, Configuration of Backup/Restore solutions for Disaster/Business Recovery of clients using Data Protector on UNIX, LINUX & Windows platforms
- Performance tuning of Linux machines in the environment by kernel parameter tuning, identifying process that hog the system resources and containing them.
- Experience working in customizing the Kickstart and Jumpstart scripts to automate the installation of various servers used for various internal projects.
- Performed testing in Linux Environments in the Dev/Test/Prod Stages to help create a better standardized environment and resolutions of any issues if any occurred.
- Experience in Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP, File & Print Server, IIS (Web Server), FTP, Terminal Server, Microsoft Clustering and Exchange Mail Server in Windows based server environment.
- Experience on RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6,RAID 10
- Installing KVM KernelVirtualMachine,configuring KVM Virtual Network, creating KVM Networked Bridge Interface, creating KVM Virtual Machines.
- Performed automation on vSphere and vCloud environment usingVMwarePowerCLI
- Experienced in creating VM for Linux, Windows and Solaris. LVM, ZFS and zone management
- Experience in deploying several sets of Linux guest builds fromVMwareTemplates
- Migrated Physical Servers to Virtual Server and Virtual to virtual - usingVMwareConverter
- Experienced in different tools for monitoring the health checkups for machines like CMC and Nagios version 2.10. Experienced in DMAN.
- Strong knowledge in DNS, DHCP and IP addressing
- Experienced in maintaining user accounts, profiles, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring
- Excellent understanding on ESX Architecture, guest OS installation, setting up of VM priorities, Cloning and Snapshots, Virtual Network, ESX Server, ESXi Server & Virtual Machines, Templates from VMs and deploying VMs from Templates
- Managing Data center environment
- Expertise in Thin provisioning, VMFS expansion, RAID technologies
- Hands on experience with the HP blade c7000 enclosures and the ML, DL, BL series servers
- Experience in Windows clustering Administration, troubleshooting and Microsoft failover clustering manager
VMwareTools: ESX/ESXi Server, VSphere 4.1,VMwareconverter 4/3 andVMware VMotion.
Virtualization: View 4.5, 5.1 … vSphere 4/5/6, Site Recovery Management (SRM)VMwareinfrastructure 3.0/3.5, ESX 3/3.5, vCloud Suite 5.1, Storage VMotion, HADRS, SRM 4.0, Host Profiles, VApp,VMwareConsolidated BackupVMwareManagementAssistant,VMwareVSphere ClientVMwareView 4,VMwareThinApp
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, POP3, Ethernet, Token Ring.
Hardware: HP Proliant DL360, DL380, DL580 Servers, BL465c Blade Servers and Dell Power Edge Servers.
Office Tools: MS office, MS Visio, MS Project, RV tools.
Operating System: Windows 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2010, 2012, 2012R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)4.x/5.x/6x/7.x, SLES OEL 6/7Solaris 9/10/11 CentOS/Ubuntu, MS-DOS
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Regularly reviewed Firmware levels on Host/Servers, Involved in analyzing and implementing OS patches, hot fixes as well as updates and Performed.
- Setup Horizon Mirage Server inVMwareenvironment ESXI 5.5, Migrated CVD's to different End points, VDI for backup and restore of Operations. Deployed Windows migration of existing OS.
- Setup Sharepoint 2013 environment, OWA, SQL 2012 R2. Fixed SRM issues with SharePoint 2013 Server.
- Setup VDI environment inVMwareenvironment ( ESXi 5.5).
- Daily administration of large-scaleVMwareenvironments
- Setup and Perform Veeam Backups and troubleshoot issues with backups.
- Ensured coordination/integration with Storage, Network, & Database systems specialists and Worked with IT management to plans and schedules system upgrades.
- Used PowerShell to execute commands/scripts, Installed remote server administration tools using Powershell, Used PowerShell, PowerCLI.
- Implemented the concept of Windows Clustering on the servers having critical applications running on it
- Performed routine maintenance onVMwareenvironment such as vCenter upgrades, firmware upgrades, Patching, and • Design, implementing and managing Active Directory(AD), Internet Information Server (IIS),
- Configure shared LUN's, Expanding and Shrinking of hard disk.
- Coordinate with specialized technical teams to provide support to ensure environment health.
- Experience in the Installation of desktops using VDI environment.
- Migrated and thoroughly documented the procedures to migrate from various environments to the latest version of Exchange 2010 and Windows 2008 R2.
- Supported Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013, Outlook, Outlook Web Access (OWA) / Web Mail, email queue and Exchange Push Mail for mobile devices.
- Present, plan, and articulate infrastructure needs and direction to senior management.
- Provided daily operational support working primarily withVMwarevSphere and tools.
- Member of theVMwareView VDI team build out covering large environment for virtual desktops.
- Heavily involved SCGTS virtualized resource optimization and storage consolidations project.
- Provided daily operational support working primarily withVMwarevSphere and tools.
- Responsible production support of Active directory (AD), GPO, GPP, Domain users, Users and groups and given appropriate permissions, shares and privilege to access LAN and Domain environment.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Open Office, Visio, Outlook, Printing, and Windows networking.
- Deployed large number of VMs/adding Data stores/ VLANs/ adding NFS storage.
- Implementation and maintenance of Group Policies and Active Directory Replication.
- Testing of different recovery plans in SRM to ensure recovery of failover VM's.
- Handling Microsoft Exchange and also IT infrastructure transformation / exchange migration projects
- Administered Exchange 2013 environments
- Designed Conceptual documents and maintained proper documentation, Closely work with program managers to ensure timely delivery of expected deliverables
- Upgrade Aruba Wirless Instant Virtual Controller 6.4.
- Worked on ADSelf-service to automate users to manage, unlock, and reset their own passwords without the intervention of personnel.
- Worked on Airwatch application to fix users issues and daily administrator activities.
Environment: VMwareESXi 4.0, 4.1, 5.1 and 5.5, vSphere 5.5/5.1/5.0, vCenter 5.5/5.1/5.0, MS Windows Server 2012 R2/2008 R2/2003, Aruba Clusters, SAN, NIC, EMC, Virtual Switches, Windows 7, 10, Windows Server 2003, 2007, 2008/R2 and 2012, SQL 2008/2012, DNS, Active Directory, ADSelfService Plus, AirWatch, Aruba Controller for Access Points, Barracuda Load Balancer ADC, Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall V300, Bit9 Agent Install Packages Download, Bit9 Dashboard, Exchange Admin Center, Server Room Environmental Monitor, ILO, Lansweeper, Microsoft Lync Monitoring Dashboard, Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Control Panel, Microsoft Outlook Web App, Nimble Storage, Palo Alto 200, SharePoint 2013, Confidential Deep Security, VICON (Security Cameras),VMwareHorizon View Administrator,VMwareHorizon Workspace,VMwareHorizon Workspace Configurator,VMwareMirage File Portal,VMwarevRealize Operations Manager,VMwarevRealize Operations Manager Administration,VMwarevSphere Web Client.
Confidential, Dublin, CA
- Hands-on experience in Deployment, requirement gathering, Installation, administration.
- Successfully configured ESX servers for HA and DRS capabilities.
- Configured and deployed Cisco computing clusters withVMwareESXi 5.5 and vCenter 5.5.
- Experienced in applying monthly updates to windows servers 2003/2008R2/2012 versions.
- Involved in SAN migrations from EMC DMX to VMAX and Clariions to VNX using zfs and Linux LVM on Redhat Linux.
- Good Knowledge onVMwareproducts such as vRealize storage and networking.
- Maintained and Troubleshooted windows servers windows 2003, 2008R2 and 2012 versions Creating disk spaces for windows servers.
- Install, configure and optimize reference implementations of partner solutions on NSX.
- Performing physical to virtual servers (P2V) migration without downtime.
- Involved in performing VMotion and Vstorage administration for successful data migration.
- Maintaining Backups of the VM's, taking snapshots.
- Managing VM's by vSphere Client and Web Client.
- Upgraded 100+ ESX hosts from ESX 5.0 to ESX 5.5 usingVMwareUpdate Manager tool.
- Administration of user and group accounts and providing appropriate rights to user accounts according to their requirements.
- Installation and configuration of EMC Power Path in ESXi for SAN Storage Path optimization.
- Involved in creation of virtual switches and configuration of NIC for a clustered environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve the Storage related issues generated in the production, Development and testing environments using vCops.
- ConfiguredVMwareon clustered environment, Implemented VMotion, Virtualized Windows servers usingVMwareConverter P2V and setup Lab Manager.
- Administration,VMwareconfiguration and Administration, Network devices, Security devices for datacenter.
- Use of powercli/esxcli for the migration process and for troubleshooting.
- TroubleshootVMwareproblems and some powercli.
- Understanding and experience SAN concepts, snapshots, clustering and fail-over, file Permission management and disaster recovery.
- Successfully deployed and tested Disaster recovery solutions for selected business applications using EMC.
- UsedVMwareUpdate Manager to install critical and locally tested updates to the ESX Host.
- Grouped physical disks into logical volumes dynamically sized and resized volumes to fit in the application.
- Troubleshooted network issues between distributed V switch, Layer 2 switches and resolved slow performance between SAN network and VM networks.
- PowerCLI Scripts were developed to be dynamic so when VMs are added to host they are included in the scripts automatically. Goal was to have least amount of human intervention and save time.
- Upgrade current technologies with patches and firmware, as well as new versions.
- Utilize Zerto, vRealize Operations Manager, and PowerCLI to assist with daily tasks.
- ImplementVMwarevSphere technologies and utilize virtualization tools such as PowerCLI, Auto Deploy, and vCenter Operations Manager.
- Responsible for day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for Windows servers andVMware.
- Performed software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
Environment: VMwareESX 3.5/4.0/4.1, ESXi 5.5/5.1/5.0, vSphere 5.5/5.1/5.0, vCenter 5.5/5.1/5.0, MSWindows Server 2012 R2/2008 R2/2003, Clusters, SAN, NIC, EMC, Wintel Win 2008, 2012, Virtual Switches
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Installation and support ofVMWAREESX/ESXi 3.5/4.x/5.x/6.x server which hosts the virtual servers for the test/ dev/staging environment.
- Build and administer vCenter 4.1/5.0,VMwarecluster, HA, DRS, Snapshot, Clone
- Taking care of P2v, V2v, P2p using VConverter & double take
- Performance tuning forVMwareESXi hosts and Virtual Machine, setting up their CPU affinity rules, allocating resources and fine tuning storage
- AdministeringVMwareVDI, allocating new VDI and maintaining
- Monitoring the resources and services on the servers using System Center Operation Manager (SCOM) 2007 R2, HP SIM&IBM Director, worked as SCOM administrator.
- Storage configuration using SAN with IBM Blade Center s, HP EVA series
- Supporting SAN infrastructure, NAS infrastructure
- Installation and Support of Windows NT/ 2000/2003/2008/2008 R2 servers functioning in Multi-Tier application environments.
- Analyzed the hardware and software requirements of Active Directory.
- Created the Forest Root domain, and a Child domain in a production environment.
- Installed and configured an Active Directory Domain Controller.
- Established external trusts and cross-forest trusts.
- Managed an Active Directory site; replication schedules, site links and boundaries, used ADUC to create and manage computer, user and group accounts in an Active Directory environment.
- Designed, planned and implemented Group Policy, delegation strategies and OU structure.
- Managed local, roaming, and mandatory profiles, planed strategy for placing Global Catalogue (GC) and evaluated the need to enable Universal Group Caching.
- Level-2/3 troubleshooting clustered file & print server support for user base over 2000 users.
- Installation and Administration of HP Proliant servers, C7000 Enclosure, Dell Power Edge, Compaq.
- Troubleshooting hardware issues like, RAM, HDD, CPU, Blue screen on all server hardware
- Installation, Configuration and troubleshooting of DNS and DHCP.
- Installation and Administration of Web servers and FTP servers.
- Responsible for running Wintel on host operating systems (and applications) such as Microsoft Windows to run in a protected, virtual environment in a window.
- Installation and Administration of Fail over cluster in Windows 2000/2003/2008 environment.
- Managing the backups using the Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) and Backup Exec System Recovery.
- Monitoring the servers using HP Systems Insight Manager to find any issues with the server's hardware.
- Patch Management using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Participation on disaster recovery planning, mock drill and preparation.
- Administering, designing, maintaining and troubleshooting various Windows environments, administering, designing and troubleshooting Hyper - V virtualization environments
Environment: Windows 2000/2003 Servers, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Backup and Recovery, IIS (HTTP & FTP), ISA, Terminal Services, Disk Management, File Sharing.
- ConfiguredVMwareon clustered environment, implemented Migration of Virtual Machines using vMotion, Storage vMotion
- Hot and Cold Cloning of Virtual Machines usingVMwareConverter
- Virtual Machine Cloning, Templates and Snapshots
- Implementation of Active Directory infrastructure and Network fundamentals, protocols (such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS), Group Policy and Profile Management.
- ConfiguredVMwareHA,VMwareDRS in acquiring higher efficiency forVMwareInfrastructure
- Provided server and client support for all issues such as logon failures, account lockout, network connectivity and authentication issues.
- InstalledVMwarevSphere 4 and created virtual machines on ESX 4.0 Servers. Created standard images and deployed servers from the images
- Designed and successfully implementedVMwareESX 4.0 servers for server consolidation
- Worked on vCenter Server to manage all the ESX hosts in the datacenter
- Creating and managing virtual machines and templates, worked with snapshots of Virtual Machines
- Upgraded 100+ physical servers with latest firmware version.
- Involved with designing and implementingVMwarebackup products and disaster recovery solutions
- Installed & configuredVMwarevirtual center for production &DR site
- Perform server consolidation usingVMwareConverter to convert physical machines to virtual machines in a production environment
- Involved inVMwareupdates manager to install & troubleshoot patches and updates on ESX hosts and virtual machines
- Involved in Installation, Configuration, and Maintaining of Microsoft Windows 2008/2003 Servers.
- Worked onVMwareUpdate Manager for updating or patching for all the ESX hosts and Virtual machines
- Integrated HP SAN volumes to the Virtual Infrastructure to store the Virtual Machine files
Environment: VMwareESX 4.0/3.5, VSphere 4.0, backupexe2010, Windows Server Windows XP/Vista, Active Directory 2003, SQL Server HP Proliant Servers, HA/DRS.