- IT Administrator and Architect with13+ years of expertise in Windows, VMware and AzureDesign, Deploy, Manage, Monitor and Architect
- Design, Installation, Configuration and troubleshooting of SCCM and SCOM 2012
- Experienced in configuring Active Directory Services in Windows based server environments.
- Hands on experience configuring and managing IIS 6.0/7.0 as well as installing patches and software upgrades recommended by IIS server
- Well versed in virtualization with vSphere, VMware ESX 6.x, 5.x, 4.x and 3.x hosts& Virtual Center server till 5.5 and have deployed key VMware ESX/ESXi technologies.
- VDI support engineer In - depth knowledge VSphere client /Hypervisor /Horizon view/office 365, exchange servers/tickets resolving/beta testing.
- Expertise experience in Redhat Jboss Web Server and Apache tomcat
- Expertise experience in Labvantage LIMS Architecture
- Expertise experience in Microsoft Windows Clusters,SQL Always on HA groups
VMWare Skills: ESX/ESXi Server, vSphere 6.0, VMware converter 4/3 and VMware VMotion.
VMWare Virtualization Tools: ESX 6.0/5.5/5.0/4.1/4.0 , ESX 3.5, ESXi, vSphere 5 and 6.0, VI3, Virtual Center Server, P2V, V2V, Storage VMotion, HA, DRS, SRM 4.0, Host Profiles, vApp, VMware Consolidated Backup, VRO, VDI, vCenter Operation Manager, vCenter cloud automation, vCenter Site Recovery Manager, VMware Management Assistant, VMware vSphere Client, VMware View 6, VMware ThinApp, Events and Alerts, Capacity Planning, Plate Spin Power Converter, SaaS.
Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, POP3, Ethernet, Token Ring.
Hardware: HP ProLiant DL360, DL380, DL580 Servers, BL465c Blade Servers,Cisco B class servers, SUN Fire sysyems,IBM Blade servers and Dell Power Edge Servers
Windows Skills: .NET, Winxp, IIS, Windows 2012, SaaS, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO, DFS.Powershell,Hyper-V,MS Exchange
Office Tools: MS office 365, MS Visio, MS Project, RV tools
Operating System: Windows 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012R2,2016
Database: SQL and Oracle databases
Storage: HP EVA 3000 and EMC VNX
Cloud: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure,V-Block and Docker
Confidential, Plano, Texas
Sr. Azure Cloud Architect
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure (Including Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, HD Insight Clusters, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Managing/Deploying the Windows Azure based applications.
- Infrastructure Migrations: Drive Operational efforts to migrate all legacy services to a fully Virtualized Infrastructure.
- Designed and orchestrated On-Premises and Azure Active Directory environments
- Designed client server telemetry adopting latest monitoring techniques.
- Supported, implementated, and designed services for Azure AD and Hybrid identity solutions
- Configured Azure traffic manager to manage live traffic.
- Multi Forest and Domain management in On-premises and Azure Cloud
- Implemented SSO,Multi factor authentication solutions
- Implemented HA deployment models with Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager.
- Implemented operational efficiencies using scripting tools (Python and PowerShell).
- Created and developed Azure Cloud POCs and design documents
- Worked with Office 365,Sales force, CRM solutions
- Azure Availability and Scalability - Configured VMs availability sets using Azure portal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets using Azure Resource Manager to manage network traffic
- Azure Storage Planning - Migrated Blob Storage for document and media file, Table storage for structured datasets, Queue storage for reliable messaging for workflow processing and file storage to share file data.
- Azure Network Configuration - Created resource groups using resource manager which allow to see cost/billing and monitoring information for resources within a resource group
- Designed database HA solutions using SQL 2014 AOAG, Mirroring and Replication to build the high availability solutions.
- Developed a migration approach to move workloads from On-Premises to Windows Azure and develop new cloud-ready application solutions.
- Script, debug and automate PowerShell scripts to reduce manual administration tasks and cloud deployments.
- Configure Implement, Secure and support Virtual Network and best security practices for single and multi-regional data centers.
- Experienced in Dev-Ops tools and CICD Model
- Architect, develop and migrate servers, relational databases (SQL) &websites to Microsoft azure cloud.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs)& Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets subnets.
- Designed Network Security Groups (NSGs) to control inbound and outbound access to network interfaces (NICs), VMs and subnets.
- Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNet with Azure Internal Load Balancer.
- Creating and Managing Virtual Machines in Windows Azure and setting up communication with the help of endpoints.
Environment: Azure Cloud Services, Azure Traffic Manager, VSTS, MS private cloud Autopilot (AP), SQL 2014 AOAG, Xpert, PowerShell, Wireshark, Akamai GTM.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Sr. Windows/Azure Administrator
- Creating Azure VM, Cloud Servicesand Storages by using Azure Power-Shell Script.
- Developed a migration approach to move workloads from On-Premises to Windows Azure and develop new cloud-ready application solutions.
- Configuring Cloud platform such as Virtual Networks Multi-site, Cross-site, VMs, Azure AD, Load Balancers, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, etc.
- Used Azure Active Directory for MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) and integrate with Virtual Desktops for users.
- Creating and managing end points using Azure Traffic Manager.
- Adding and Managing Co-Admins for all the subscriptions in the Windows Azure Platform.
- Updating the instance counts in the production in the Azure platform
- Involved in Azure Platform Development Concepts, hosted Cloud Services, platform service and close interface with Windows Azure Multi-Factor Authentications.
- Worked on Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in Windows Azure and in Azure web and database deployments.
- Designing Azure Resource Manager Template and extensive experience in designing custom build steps using PowerShell.
- Used the Microsoft Deployment Kit and PowerShell to build Hydration Kits to create robust testing environments
- Administering and managing Windows server Active Directory services, DHCP and DNS servers.
- Updating servers with latest service packs, security patches and antivirus definitions.
- Management of DHCP, WINS, DNS and Active Directory.
- Administration of Windows 2008r2 & 2012 r2 servers &Active Directory.
- Working with Hyper V & MSCS Clustering.
- Served as a Tier 3 Domain Admin to handle routine SCCM 2012 tasks (Creation of collections, packages, advertisements, queries, reporting, testing, troubleshooting packages, monitoring advertisement status, and SCCM Software updates.
- Provided Risk Assessment and remediation guidance for SCCM 2012 infrastructures.
- Deployed over 1,000 VMs in a week to support a migration from Windows 2008 to Windows 2012 R2.
- Migrated IIS6.0 to IIS7.0 using Windows Deployment Tool 2.0.
- Creating Clusters for High Availability and Dynamic Resource Scheduling.
- Installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux on Dell PowerEdge, HP ProLiant and VMware ESX.
- Administered the UNIX System for clustered HP Servers with fiber attached SAN.
- Managing Disks/Filesystems using Logical Volume Manager for Red Hat Linux.
- Designed and Implemented WCF services layer hosted on Windows Azure. This layer is the middle tier between SQL Azure and SharePoint online external content.
Environment: Windows Azure, MSSQL server, Visual Studio 2012, ASP.net, Windows PowerShell ISE, VMWare, SCCM.
- Troubleshooting IIS application based on monitoring and logs generated on the server.
- Maintained high degree of competency across the Microsoft Application Platform, focusing on .NET Framework, WCF, Windows Azure, AppFabric, and SQL Azure.
- Worked on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 r2, Active Directory/LDAP and Group Policy administration in a hybrid-cloud configuration (Windows Azure) with 40+ replicated sites.
- Develop PowerShell script to automate Active Directory and server tasks and Generate reports for administrators and management.
- Involved in Creating and Managing VMware cluster with HA and DRS.
- Extensively worked with Active Directory Services, IIS Servers, DNS, and DHCP.
- Worked on capacity planning and management of Virtual machines in VMware environment. Implemented rapid provisioning and life cycle management for Redhat LINUX using kickstart.
- Expertise in security hardening (iptables/selinux) major Production Servers, and compiling, building and installing web server based Linux tools.
- Worked on Microsoft Office 365 (Installed, Configured, Documented fixes and common issues).
- Successfully migrated 1500 user mailboxes from Exchange 2013 to Office 365to create a hybrid deployment for the business.
- Organized and worked with Exchange 2013 infrastructure for the deployment of the hybrid environment.
- Applied patches, service packs, and security updates to servers.
- Ran the Best Practice Analyzer for Exchange and followed Microsoft best practice guidelines for the hybrid deployment of Exchange and Office 365
- Prepared migration plans for Exchange 2013 environment that encompassed organizing AD for user synchronization and migration.
- Administered Windows Server roles and features in connection with the Exchange 2013 Office 365hybrid environment.
- Implementation of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Solutions for remote global users.
- Virtualized software applications utilizing Thin App, streaming to a zero client and fat client environment.
- Performed ESXi Hosts and Virtual Machine migrations between Development, Integration and Production environments and across Datacenters. Hands on experience with configuring Cisco UCS.
- Maintaining the file server, application and Print Server, IIS Server.
- Configured and managed IIS 7.0/8.0.
- Ensure CMDB is updated and accurate per server specifications in preparation for go live change process.
- Configuring HA, DRS clusters, creating Affinity rules and configuring FT when required.
- Worked with the storage team to resolve ESX and VM storage issues.
- System Analyst for Windows 2003-2008 servers.
- Wrote various Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 then to Exchange 2007 migration documentations
- Wrote, reviewed and updated documentation for Exchange server builds
- Tested and verified procedures and troubleshoot any problems that the helpdesks reported.
- Evaluated and installed Quest for Exchange and Active Directory tools, solved issues with the vendor.
- Experience with troubleshooting DNS, DHCP, IIS and Active directory.
- Creation of custom tools and scripts to meet business and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluation of new enterprise IAM solutions to ensure compliance with changing business requirements.
- Responsible for Microsoft exchange server 2013, SQL and database server.
- Maintained Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall for Exchange Server.
- Successfully Migrated Win XP users to Windows 7 using USMT (User State Migration Tool).
Environment: vSphere 5.5/6.0, Exchange Server 2013, Fiber Channel - SAN, ISCSI, NFS (NAS), SRM 4.5 to SRM 5.X, Windows server 2008/2012, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SQL and database server, SaaS Environment, IIS Server, .NET environment.
Confidential, Austin, Texas
Sr. Vmware Engineer
- InstalledVMwarevSphere5 and created virtual machines on ESX 5.5 Servers. Created standard images and deployed servers from the images.
- Worked on various infrastructure projects surrounding Servers consolidation, Physical to Virtual Migrations, Storage and Server Management.
- Monitored and updated Trend micro for Exchange server.
- Worked on Central Management Server (vCenter Server) to manage all the ESXI hosts in the datacenter.
- Created and managed Virtual Machines and Templates. Working with snapshots of Virtual Machines.
- ConfiguredVMwareon clustered environment, Implemented Migration of Virtual Machines using VMotion, Storage VMotion.
- Deployed new vSphere 5 infrastructure for VDI implementation.
- Managed VMware-assisted support calls\cases pertaining to resolvingenvironment issues.
- Evaluated VDImonitoring tools vCOPs, VMturbo, Solarwinds, & Xiangti.
- IntroducedVDIstandards -VDInaming convention, AD group entitlements, ESX alerts, VDIpower-on rules, snapshot retentions, &VDIevaluation\approval\charge backs.
- Generated documentation in the areas ofVDITroubleshooting, VDIOptimizations, and VDIstandard.
- Performed VM Storage migrations to new EMC and Netapp storage arrays.
- Hot and Cold Cloning of Virtual Machines usingVMwareConverter.
- Racked and installed ESXi servers and added to vCenter clusters.
- Responsible for building and deploying servers running Windows 2008 R2, and Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu, and Red Hat).
- ConfiguredVMwareHA,VMwareDRS and Fault Tolerance in acquiring higher efficiency forVMware Virtual Infrastructure.
- Worked onVMwareUpdate Manager for updating or patching for all the ESX hosts and Virtual machines.
- Performed data store migration usingVMwarestorage vMotion.
- Setup Host Profiles, Distributed Switch, DRS, VMotion, SV-Motion, Resource pools, permissions, Patches, Snapshots, Tools Upgrade, disk expansions, Templates.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Exchange Management Console.
- Expanded e-mail capabilities through interconnecting Microsoft Exchange implementing Internet Mail Service (IMS) and deploying Outlook Web Access
- Building VM's and new Templates for new Projects and allocating them to appropriate Resource pools.
- Collected asset inventory of desktops and laptops using SCCM2007.
- Collected application usage data and remove unused software using Software metering
- Ran different reports software/hardware inventory reports using SCCM and share with management
- Created VBscript/PowerShell scripts to automate tasks with SCCM.
- Worked on release management, Incident management, Problem management and Change management according to ITIL process
- Good experience in configuring, optimizing and troubleshooting of Linux/Unix servers and the Networking setups.
- NIC teaming at ESX server level for NLB and redundancy.
- Performed security monitoring tests to identify intrusions.
Environment: VMware VSphere, ESXI 5/5.5, DRS, VMotion, FT, Cloning, Templates, Windows 2000/2003/2008 R2, VMware lab manager, vconverter, Linux/Unix servers, P2V conversion.
Sr. Vmware Admin
- Installing and configuring VMware VCenter Server 5.1, VCenter plug-ins.
- Performed storage migration for moving VMs from one data store to the other.
- Installing and configuring ESX 4.1/5.1 in large scale environment
- Create VMs on ESX hosts for installing, configuring and managing guest operating systems such as Windows server 2003, Windows 2008, Windows 2012&RedHat Linux
- VMware tools upgrading and Windows patch updates.
- Creating templates and deploying Virtual Machines through templates and Cloning VMs
- Using Virtual center server for HA, DRS, andVmotionand Storage Vmotion.
- Creating and Managing VMware cluster with HA and DRS.
- Creating and Managing resource pools for Virtual Machines
- Create virtual switches and port groups, configure virtualization networking settings for redundancy by teaming up NICs; configure network traffic, security and load balancing policies.
- Monitoring and managing performance of ESX servers and Virtual Machines
- Log analysis knowledge for monitoring performance (CPU, Memory, Disk, network Utilization) and virtual infrastructure alarms in VCenter servers.
- Create and maintain environment specific installation and configuration guides for P2V Conversions, ESX server and VCenter Server installation, VMware tools, Patch Upgrades and, third party applications
- Linux OS configuration and fine tuning for better performance
- Managing storage, disk mount, extend space on Linux Servers
- Install and configure applications in Linux Servers- Informatic, JBOSS, and Tomcat.
- Managed, maintained, and administered Exchange 2007, Office Communicator Server 2007.
- Managing Active Directory, Group policy, DHCP and DNS management
- Installation, troubleshooting and support of File & Print services, Domain Controllers/Global Catalog, OU, Sites and Service, Certificates, DNS, DHCP, WINS, LDAP.
- OS upgrade, patching on Windows Servers 2008 & 2012
- Managing Citrix XenApp 6.5 and Presentation Server 4.5.
- Install and publish applications in Citrix, provide permissions
- Publish VM desktops via Citrix Xendesktop.
- Collecting asset inventory of desktops and laptops using SCCM2007
- Collect application usage data and remove unused software using Software metering
- Running different reports software/hardware inventory reports using SCCM and share with management
- Creating VBscrit/Power shell scripts to automate tasks with SCCM.
- Troubleshooting Windows applications and related Services
- Configure and manage HP blades, Rack-mounted with HP ILO and SUM.
- Managing Financial, Risk, Trading applications and web Reports.
- IIS and Tomcat, Apache Servers management - Congo’s 10 and Spot fire 4.5
- Managing LAN, WAN networks.
- Handling SOX applications
- Working on release management, Incident management, Problem management and Change management per ITIL process.
Environment: VMware vSphere 4.1 & 5.1, Windows server 2003/2008 R2, 2012, DNS, IIS, DHCP, IIS, Citrix