- Over 6 years of strong experience in using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto - scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Experience in designing, installing and Implementing chef configuration management system.
- In depth knowledge of setting up Chef server, developing various components of chef such as cookbooks, recipes, templates using organizations and environments.
- Good knowledge on Software Development Life Cycle and Agile Programming methodologies
- Ability to manage SCM processes which include compiling, packaging, deploying and application configuration
- Wrote deployment Automation scripts for multiple C++ and Java/J2EE Applications
- Performed SCM tasks like branching, merging and tagging the source code in Subversion
- Extensively worked on Apache ANT and MAVEN build tools for writing build.xml and pom.xml files respectively
- Experience is using Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic and Web Sphere application servers for deployment
- Expertise worked on Jenkins, Build Forge for Continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments
- Experience in build automation and unit testing scripting and maintenance code
- Implementation and automation of Shell and Perl scripts for release and build automation
- Experienced in troubleshooting, Configuring and deploying various enterprise applications in Web logic, Web Sphere, Tomcat and JBOSS.
- Experience implementing automation processes using Python, Shell and batch scripts for continuous build and deployment of code to Development, SIT, UAT, Pre-prod and production environments
- Knowledge and experience working and running SQL Database scripts used as part of build and deployment processes to different environments
- Experienced working as Release engineer in Creating various SCM Processes, policies and procedures for Development, QA and productions teams to Release or Deploy highest quality product for the enterprise
- Monitoring the applications using App Dynamics, Nagios.
- Created various CM Plans and build documentation while maintaining source code
- Experience in installing, configuration and administering of DHCP, DNS, FTP and LVM.
- Experience in building (PAAS) with Docker; deployed various applications through Dockers containers.
- Hands-on experience to create automate, containerize cloud application platforms (PAAS).
- Administration of Production, Test Driven development environments carrying Windows, Ubuntu (RHEL) Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers.
- Familiar with Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools Ansible and Puppet.
- Creating user level of access for related GitHub project directories to the code changes.
- Experience with Bug tracking tool like JIRA. Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows
Technologies Used: Subversion, Git, TFS, Ansible, Puppet, AWS, Azure
Fisheye, VM ware, Docker:
Continuous Integration: Bamboo, Cruise Control and Jenkins/Hudson
BuildTools: ANT, Maven, GNU make
Languages: ASP.net, Python, Hyperion, Crystal reports
Web Servers: Tomcat, Web Logic, Apache, WebSphere, JBoss
Programming/Scripting: Shell Scripting, Perl, SED, AWK, Python, C++, Java, Ruby, SQL
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, MS Access, MS SQL Server
Issue Tracking: JIRA, Bugzilla, Junit, HP Quality Center, Metrix
Confidential, Saint Louis, Mo
DevOps AWS Engineer
- Experience in designing, installing and Implementing chef configuration management system.
- Experience in using Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Developed Build using MAVEN as build tool and used CI tools to move builds from one environment to other environments.
- Knowledge about Splunk architecture and various components (indexer, forwarder, search head, deployment server), Heavy and Universal forwarder, License model.
- Experience in launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Provide Regular support guidance to Splunk project teams on complex solution and issue resolution.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible).
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 auto scaling groups.
- Involved in DevOps processes for build and deploy systems.
- Dealt with errors in pom.xml file to obtain appropriate builds using maven build tool.
- Experience in Administering GIT in Distributed Environments.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable Artifacts such as War & Ear from Source Code
- Assisted internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboard
- Good experience in writing UNIX scripts, Perl script, Maven and Ant.
- Creation of SSL and Digital Certificates for requesting, generating and implementation for the communication between clients and web servers.
- Scripting in multiple languages on Linux, Shell scripting, python scripting etc.
- Configure and Supporting monitor tools like Splunk
- Launched LAMP stacks in multitier AWS instances in different subnets in Amazon VPC, attached ACL's and Security Groups to maintain high security.
- Monitored system activities and fine-tuned system parameters and configurations to optimize performance and e ensure security of systems.
- This included configuration and plugin recommendations for issues like auditing of configuration changes, system performance monitoring, security issues and resource utilization.
- Experience in launching different EC2 instances in Virtual private cloud (VPC) in different subnets, attached ACL's Confidential subnet level and security groups Confidential instance level, configured Route Tables & NAT and Internet Gateways, Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) and Auto scaling groups in Production environment.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, Tomcat Apache, Cloud Formation, Dynamo DB, VPC, IAM, Splunk, GIT, Linux, Data Centre Migration, Jenkins, Maven, Ansible.
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
- Creation of Build &Release Plan, collection, analysis & presentation of Project Metrics on weekly basis.
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management, Configuration management deployments in puppet and its procedures.
- Involved in Create/Enhance/automate build and deployment processes for each release and backup, restore and upgrade.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Experience in installing, Configuring, Upgrading puppet on Linux, Windows based environments.
- Experience in Setting, configuring roster file for using SSH in Puppet
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories, views and the access control strategies.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins and configured various plugins GIT, Maven, Nexus.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Designed and developed automated deployment and scaling processes based on puppet for a wide range of server types and application tiers, including Elastic Search
- Create Jenkins job to build the artifacts using maven, deploy the Terraform templates to create the stack.
- Installed and configured Nagios system; performed regular system and network monitor
- Extensively used the JSON objects with AJAX for UI displays.
- Build release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using Python Scripting.
- Customize existing playbooks downloaded from the puppet supermarket using Python DSL and Handlers
- Experience in working with SVN code repositories and automation of configuration management tasks.
- Installed and administered tools like Jenkins, Jira, Confluence and Fisheye.
- When required applied system patches, security improvements as per the release process.
- Tuned and optimized mappings to reduce ETL run time and ensuring they ran within designated load window.
- Deployed and managing many servers utilizing both traditional and cloud oriented providers with the Puppet Platform configuration system.
- Automated entire deployment, infrastructure using various elements of Puppet, including the nodes, the server, premium features of the server, and the workstation.
- Monitoring, tracking, coordinating & managing 'Issues' & 'Escalation'.
- Overseeing the continuous build, integration & testing for HTML, CSS, Java and C++ related code running on Jenkins (Unit, Integration & System Level Tests)
- Implemented Docker, Jenkins and Build Forge for Continuous Integration Builds, automated deployments and Notifications.
- Worked with Subversion, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a Fast-Paced Engineering Environment.
- Extensively integrated Subversion for automating builds with Jenkins
- Managed the Subversion branching strategy for a few applications by creating Release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of Trunk.
- Efficiently performed the task of resolving conflicts while merging in Subversion with the J2EE development background.
- Wrote and build Pom.xml for Maven application builds automation.
- Experience integrating JUnit, FindBugs, Checkstyle code analysis and testing during the build.
- Used Ruby, Shell and Perl scripting to deploy artifacts that are built by Maven.
- Integrated configuration management of content, control, and configuration files required for WebLogic, Oracle RDBMS, Siebel, and Oracle Business Intelligence servers.
- Deployed the archives to Tomcat Application Servers.
- Served as a partial administrator for Unix Machines.
- Performed re-starts and xml configs and post deploy setups and brought application up for testing.
Environment: Jenkins, MAVEN, Terraform, Python, Perl Scripts, Puppet, JIRA, Subversion, Android, AWS, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Docker, WebLogic, Tomcat Application servers, App Dynamics.