- Over 8+ years of experience specialized in System Administration working on RedhatLinux, Solaris, SuseLinux, AIX, Cent OS, OEL and Windows environments.
- Experience in administering Solaris &Linux.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Backup, Recovery, Maintenance, Support of Sun Solaris &Linux.
- Experienced working with various UNIX flavors such as AIX and Redhat Linux.
- Good experience with compute nodes on UNIX platforms such as Linux, Cent OS, Solaris and UBUNTU in automated operating system installations using AWS console KICKSTART, JUMPSTART.
- Experience in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell, PHP, Python & Perl scripts.
- Experience in configuration of NIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NFS, LDAP, SAMBA, SQUID, postfix, send mail, FTP, remote access, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Used various networking tools such as SSH, Telnet, rlogin, ftp and ping to troubleshoot daily issues also responsible to design, implement and maintain DNS, NFS and FTP services.
- Supported Infrastructure services such as NFS, FTP, DHCP, DNS, NTP, Samba, VNC, and SSH.
- Setting up password less login intoLinuxservers for users using SSH.
- Worked on implementation of Veritas Volume Manager and Netbackup, Logical Volume Manager - LVM, RAID Configuration, KickS DPX-Tool Installation.
- Strong Knowledge of disk management tools such as Disk suite, VERITAS Volume manager, ZFS and logical volume manager.
- Experience in working with Redhat Satellite server for building and patching servers.
- Working Knowledge of clustering tools such as VERITAS Cluster server and Redhat cluster suite.
- Experience in automation using tools like puppet and also experience in writing scripts to update in crontab. Experienced in Shell Scripting.
- Expertise in PXE, Jumpstart and Kickstart installations for RHEL OE.
- Build, implement and maintain system-level software packages such as OS, Clustering, disk, file management, backup, web applications, DNS, LDAP.
- Good working knowledge of SAN systems.
- Experience and understanding of reporting protocols and monitoring tools (snmp, SAMBA, Nagios, etc).
- Experience in supporting servers connected to EMC and HDS SAN using Qlogic Fabric cards and also involved in implementing multipathing using EMC powerpath and native multipathing.
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies such as VMware for RHEL Zones & LDoM’s.
- Experience supporting applications like Apache, Tomcat, Weblogic and Jboss running on RHEL.
- Experience in supporting and implementing security on RHEL using SELinux, IPtables and using PAM authentication.
- Experience in Installing, Configuring, Managing and Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Application Monitoring.
- Extensive knowledge of HPC and HA clusters, hardware, network fabric and storage servers.
- Managed Data Centers consisting of 200+ Rack and Blade Optimized Servers.
- Experienced on Managing Servers, Storages and Networks.
- Supported geographically diverse customers and teams in a 24/7 environments.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking on Linux servers.
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat 3/4/5/6/7, Suse 9/10, 11, 12), Sun Solaris 8/9/10, IBM AIX 6.1 5.3, 5.2, 5.1, HP-UX 11.0, Windows NT 4.0, Windows Vista/XP, UBUNTU 8, 10, 12, 14.
Hardware: HP PROLIANT DL360, DL360 G3, DL 385; SUN 420R, SUN BLADE 1000, 1500; SUN E250/RACK, E450, E450R, DELL 4500, 6650; DELL POWEREDGE 4400, 6300, 6400, 6850, 750; DELL PRECISION 420 TWR, 530, HP J6700 RACK SYSTEM, SUNFIRE 280r, 4800, V210, V440, V480 HPBladeSystemc7000
Software: VERITAS File System, Veritas storage foundation suite, Solaris Volume Manager, Veritas NetBackup, MS Office Suite, VMware
Languages/Scripting: C, SQL, PL/SQL, python, Shell, bash, perl, HTML.
Networking: NIS, NFS, DNS, ALE, DHCP, Telnet, TCP/IP, SMTP, FTP, TFTP, UDP, SSH.
Backup: tar, cpio, tape backup, MsBackup, Ufsdump, Ufsrestore, EMC Networker, DPX-Tool (3.50-SP2).
Databases: MS Access, Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, MySQL.
Application Servers and Web Servers: LDAP Server, JBoss, Apache Tomcat 6.x, and IIS 3.0/4.0.
Disk Arrays: Sun StorEdge 3130, 6320, 6120, A1000/D1000, EMC DMX 800 and 1000
Cloud: Amazon Web Services (EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, AWS Security Groups)
Automation tool: Puppet 3.1, Chef and Ansible.
Monitoring Tool: Nagios and Splunk.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Sr. Linux/UNIX Administrator
- Provided system support for Solaris, Cent OS and RedhatLinuxservers including routine maintenance, patching, and system backups and restores, and software and hardware upgrade.
- Reengineered company’s systems setup, establishing automated server generation routines, optimizing system performance, installing upgrades/patches, establishing system monitoring and maintaining security protocols.
- End to end migration of applications from Solaris 10 toLinuxCentOS 7 and Redhat 5.x and 6.x. using Chef deployments.
- Deployed and maintained servers (Red Hat Linux/CentOS) providing clustered key-value caching and text indexing.
- Installed, configured, and updated Linux machines, with Red Hat, Debian, and CentOS.
- Worked on Redhat Satellite which includes upgrading servers on a quarterly basis and creating base, child, custom channels.
- Setting up the Chef Workstation and Chef Nodes.
- Worked closely with different teams across the environment.
- Linux Kernel tunables knowledge - security, network (TCP, UDP,), and memory.
- Strong knowledge of design, implementation, and support of networked systems and technologies such routers, switches, file servers, DNS, and LDAP.
- Good Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB, MySQL) on server administration and product installation is considerable asset
- Experience with VMware Virtualization using ESX hypervisor of Vsphere 5.1.
- Migrating FileNet from Hardware to Virtual VMware environment.a
- Closely worked with the core hosting team to build the servers required using CloudBolt.
- Worked with the network team to setup the VIPs and setup the Load Balancers across the environment.
- Worked onLinuxand Solaris Containers and LDOM configurations. Installation, configuration and administration of VMware, Solaris Zones, Containers and Ldoms.
- Hands on experience in Deployed Puppet, puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration Management to existing infrastructure.
- Supported all the UNIX requests for various applications.
- Performance monitoring and tuning on UNIX systems.
- General UNIX Systems Administration onLinuxservers, including alert handling, deploying software releases, backups, hardware and software installations.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system using LVM forLinuxand ZFS for the Solaris.
- Provided 24x7 supports through Trouble Ticket Handling.
- Network Monitoring Using Nagios tool.
- Network trouble shooting using 'ndd', 'traceroute', 'netstat', 'ifconfig' and 'snoop' etc.
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on environments using shell scripting.
- Used Fabric, a tool for remote execution and deployment to Automate Administration Tasks And Deployments.
- Delivered OpenStack solutions into customer environments and ensures solutions works as specified.
- Deployed applications using Chef.
- Experienced in system administration, System planning, co-ordination and group level and user level management.
- Communicated and Coordinated with customers internal/external for resolving issues for reducing downtime.
- Solved complicated defects related to memory leaks, design issues, LDAP protocol issues, etc.
- Configuring LDAP for authorization configuring loggregator for logs in PCF (ELK/SPLUNK).
- Assisted in configuring the application servers with other components such as database, web servers, LDAP directory, Active Directory, BEA Web logic etc.
- Supported production systems 24 x 7 on a rotational basis.
Environment: CentOS 6.5,7, Red Hat Enterprise Linux5.0, Solaris 9/10, VERITAS netback up, HP-UX 11.20, AIX 5.3, CloudBolt, SAN, NIM,ZFS, VMware ESX LPAR/DLPAR's, Kickstart, NIS, NFS, IBM Tivoli, IBM SDS, IBM z/VM, IBM Web sphere, Chef, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Nagios.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Responsible for Installation, Configuration Management, Maintenance and Systems Development of Red hatLinux, Ubuntu, Debian, AIX and Sun Solaris systems 10.
- Perform Red Hat EnterpriseLinux6.x/7.x Administration in High Performance Cluster Environment. (HPC). experience with compute nodes on UNIX platforms such as Linux, Cent OS, Solaris and UBUNTU in automated operating system installations using AWS console KICKSTART, JUMPSTART.
- Resolve the UNIX requests or issues for SAP developers.
- Possess good knowledge in creating and launching EC2 instances using AMI’s of Linux, Ubuntu, RHEL, and Windows and wrote shell scripts to bootstrap instance.
- Using VMware vCenter, created Datacenter Environment by creating VMware clusters, adding ESX hosts in the clusters, and implemented HA and DRS.
- Monitored and administered Servers for day-to-day problems, patches, user administration, and hardware failure, monitoring log files, backup, software patching, configuration changes and documentation..
- Installed, upgraded and configured Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 and Red hat EnterpriseLinux5/6 using kick start.
- Experience in supporting amazon AWS S3 and EC2 instances.
- Installed & configured Guest operating system like Red hat 5.x, 6.x and Sun Solaris on VMware ESX 5.x.
- Installed and configured various middleware packages such as Tomcat, Jboss.
- Experience in analyzing Log files such as WebLogic/JBoss server logs, node manager logs and Plug-in logs for troubleshooting and problem determination to resolve issues.
- Expertise in integrating KVM with Openstack and deploying VM on top of it.
- Performed Fine tuning, Kernel debugging, process scheduling, disk and file system I/O, kernel internals, TCP/IP communications.
- Experience in working with Splunk authentication and permissions and having significant Experience in supporting large scale Splunk deployments.
- Monitor server applications, use monitoring tools OEM, AppDynamics, Splunk log files to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Configured the LUNs assigned by the storage administrators, and managed Volumes using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) onLinux.
- Maintain CMDB for discovered devices and corresponding Configuration Items.
- Prepared sample code and applications for displaying various outcomes of API applications.
- Installed and maintain Puppet-based configuration management system.
- Designed and deployed the Nagios implementation, Implemented Puppet modules to automate configuration of a broad range of services.
- Involve different aspects of HPC installation and maintenance including installation and configuration of OS and development by puppet.
- Implemented a Docker delivery pipeline allowing for CICD of Java tomcat web service containers.
- Work experience with all phases of SDLC requirements, development, testing, support and operation.
- Managed user accounts and groups on a large scale in LDAP and NIS environments.
- Deployment and implementation of Chef for infrastructure as code initiative.
- Troubleshooting and analysis of hardware and software failures for various Solaris servers.
- Involved in maintaining the repository in the distributed environment using Git.
- Troubleshooting the issues with the application owners hosted on the F5 environment in the 3- tier environments.
- Involved with the deployment teams in troubleshooting and fixing day-to-day problems of the applications in production on 24/7 schedule.
- Dealing with abends and perform restart, force complete and cancelling of jobs in Autosys.
- Experience with autosys GUI.
- Worked on various enhancements, bug fixes and new features in IBOR and performance systems like adding new price loads, setting up new indices.
- Post build configurations, checks, updating, security checks, file systems, permissions and packages.
- Administered Science Logic EM7 monitoring platform and customer portals.
- Working with backup/storage team for backups and storage allocation for applications.
- Monitoring severs and resolving tickets assigned to group, troubleshooting different application related issues/provisions.
- Performed Memory and Swap management to improve optimization and performance of the servers.
- Installed, configured and managed Oracle 10g RAC/ 11g RAC, Standby databases.
- Configuring and Administering Oracle 11g Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- ASM disk creation, ASM Data groups and ASM File creation.
- Installation of Packages and required Patches to the application.
- Setup, configuring and backup management using VERITAS Net Backup.
- Daily Monitoring of Net Backup activity and reporting to proactively avoid issues.
Environment: Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 , SUN Solaris 8/9/10, RHEL 5.x/6.x, VMware ESX5.x, Apache 2.2.x, SuSE EL 9/10WebLogic 8.x/9.x, Sun Fire T1000, T2000, Sun M9000, M5000, M3000, Sun X3-2, X3-4, HPC Blade System, BL460c, BL420c EMC, VERITAS Storage Foundation 5, VERITAS Cluster Server 5.1, VMware.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Senior Systems Engineer
- Build and support on RHEL 5.x, Windows 2000/2003, Dell and Compaq hardware platforms.
- Worked with DBAs to configure File Systems, users and group for Oracle Database onLinuxservers and performed health check on various instance type from production, to development and test.
- Add, remove and resizing Logical volumes using LVM inLinuxand implementing software RAID at installation time.
- Define/setup network protocols, Network File Services (NFS), and Network Information Services (NIS) inLinux.
- Installation/upgrade, configuration and deployment of FileNet P8 4.5 on Windows and Linux platforms.
- Configuring Virtual Machines under VMware ESX Servers to installLinuxguests.
- Configure and Implementation of Samba v3.0 to help printing and file sharing in the mixed environment.
- Maintenance level upgrades and software administration RPM installation onLinuxusing yum.
- Acquiring & Initializing LUNs in clustered & standalone environments.
- AdministeredLinuxservers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, My-SQL database, and firewalls in both development and production.
- Written Shell and Perl Scripting for automation of jobs.
- Configuring Kick Start Servers and booting the images using PXE in Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Implementation of SSH for secure transfers and implementation of PKI between servers to enable password less logins between Servers.
- User group management and security policy management for the all servers including windows and UNIX. Responsible for defining special user privileges using Sudo.
- Performing O/S and kernel upgrades andLinuxservers.
- Installing, configuring and deploying applications on Web Logic Application Server 8.x, 9.x. Working with application teams.
- Manage systems using remote consoles like ILO for HP Hardware and Troubleshoot backup issues, perform manual backups & restore on VERITAS NetBackup.
- Supporting servers on 24x7 Basis on different platforms.
Environment: Red Hat EnterpriseLinux4.x/5.x,Linux8/9, Oracle 9i, Logical Volume Manger forLinux, VMware ESX Server 2.x, Samba 3.0, Netapp Filer, Apache 2.0, ILO, RAID, Web Logic, p590, 595, Dell 2400, 2450, 2850, 2950.Hitachi disk Arrays.
Unix/Linux System Administrator
- Installing Configuration and maintenance of Solaris 9/10/11, RedHatLinux4/5/6, SUSE 10.3, 11.1, HP-UX 11.x and IBM AIX operating systems.
- Configured NIM in AIX 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, KickStart Server inLinux4.x, 5.x and JumpStart Server in Solaris 9, 10 u.x and build severs using NIM, kickStart and JumpStart server.
- Worked Primarily on RHEL 4/5, HPUX, and Solaris Operating Systems.
- Text processing, also in network programming with Perl Scripting.
- Worked with installation, configuration, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of UNIX andLinux(Red Hat, Ubuntu, and SuSE).
- Creating, cloningLinuxVirtual Machines, templates using VMware Virtual Client 3.5 and migrating servers between ESX hosts.
- Involved in migration activities using Redhat LVM, Solaris LVM, Veritas and EMC Open Migrator.
- Installation of OAS (Oracle Application Server) on Solaris 9 and its configuration with oracle database.
- Writing Shell and Perl Scripting for automation of job.
- Tuning the kernel parameters based on the application/database requirement.
- Used Veritas File system (VxFS) and Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) to configure RAID 1 and RAID 5 Storage Systems on Sun Solaris.
- File system tuning, growing, and shrinking with Veritas File system 3.5/4.x.
- Installed and configured GFS cluster for holding databases.
- Manage user accounts for the team access for Redhat Satellite Server.
- Build channels and pull the packages from master Redhat Satellite Server.
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and configuration problems for various protocols and topologies.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Web Logic, WebSphere and Apache Servers inLinuxand Solaris Servers.
- Configured open LDAP Red HatLinuxsystems.
- Setup optimal RAID levels (fault tolerance) for protected data storage in NAS environments.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP IMAP and POP3) and file servers.
- Maintaining Remedy environments used for the ticketing system.
- Created new slices, mounted new file systems and uncounted file systems.
- Expertise in troubleshooting the systems and managing LDAP, DNS, DHCP and NIS.
- Worked with different Active directory databases like Microsoft AD, Tivoli Directory server with LDAP.
- Worked on making DNS entries to establish connection from server to DB2 database.
- Performed patching, backups on multiple environments of Solaris,Linuxand VMware.
- Assisted other UNIX administrators when help was needed (i.e. creating UNIX accounts, writing scripts to perform systemadministratorfunctions, responding to trouble tickets, etc).
- Involved in preparation of functional and system specifications. Estimated storage requirements for applications.
Environment: Red HatLinux(RHEL 3/4/5), Solaris 10, Logical Volume Manager, Sun & Veritas Cluster Server, VMWare, Global File System, Redhat Cluster Servers.
- Installation, Maintenance, Administration and troubleshooting ofLinux, Debian, HP-UX systems.
- Installing and configuring the DNS, DHCP servers and assigning IP addresses to client hosts.
- Configured and maintained Samba Server, NFS Server, NIS Server and clients, DNS clients and AutoFs File systems.
- Implemented Virtualization using VMware. Installed VMware ESX server on Dell Servers and configured Red HatLinux5.8 / Windows 2008, XP virtual machines for various applications.
- Configuring the FTP server to maintain the shared folders in organization.
- Worked on Web servers which include Tomcat 5.x/4.x/3.x & Apache Server 2.x/1.x.
- Worked closely with the SAN storage, Network and Security teams.
- Installing and updating patches on the servers using Redhat Satellite servers.
- Performance monitoring with Ksar, iostat, vmstat, mpstat and Other Tools.
- Experience in Network Monitoring Application Software such as Nagios.
Environment: RHEL 4.x, 5.6, 5.8, Windows servers 2000, 2003, 2008, XP, 7, Debian, Nagios, WebLogic, Oracle 9i, 10g, Mail server, Listserv, Veritas volume manager, VMWare ESX 3.5/4.0 & 4.1, HP Blades G5, G6, G7.