Devops/aws Engineer Resume
- Overall 8+ years of experience in Information Technology as a System admin and solution based IT services for Linux and Windows Systems.
- Experience with the use of the Various AWS services which includes IAM, S3, Cloud Front, EC2, EBS, AMI, ELB, Cloud Watch, VPC, Auto Scaling, SQS, SNS, ELB and EFS.
- Automated the tasks by writing the shell scripts, Python and PowerShell to automate.
- Supported the implementation of the Continuous Integration, DevOps, Release Management and Environment Management.
- Evaluate various Builds/Continuous Integration/Continuous delivery and DevOps tools and process.
- Designed and implemented Software configuration management (SCM) and change management (CM) solution using TFS, Rational Clear Case, Jira, Clear Quest (Change Control tool).
- Responsible for training all employees on the use of Rational Clear Case Remote Client tools, Subversion (SVN), TFS.
- Experience in managing the large Cloud infrastructure, server provisioning through various automation tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Working knowledge on writing the Chef Recipes for the deployment and re - used the same Recipes to deploy on the different platform.
- Written cookbooks in chef to automate the environment provisioning and implemented Roles, Data bags, environments in chef for environment management.
- Experienced in building and maintaining Docker infrastructure for SOA applications in agile environment.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple of multiple apps.
- Knowledge on leveraging the Amazon Web Services through AWS console and API Integration.
- Extensively worked on the Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo/Docker by installing and configuring for End to End automation of builds and deployments.
- Worked with EC2 Container service plugin in Jenkins which automates the master-slave configuration by creating the temporary slaves.
- Working knowledge on the core java and microservices.
- Collaborated with the development team to setup the continuous delivery environment using Docker.
- Designed high-availability, fault tolerance and cost -effective systems using multiple EC2 instances, Load Balancers and AMI’s.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version control and source code management tools like GIT, GitLab, SVN on Linux and Windows Platform.
- Experience worked on the built tools like Maven, Ant.
- Hands on experience in various web servers like Apache Tomcat, Nginx.
- Managing virtual machine using VMware, AWS.
- Configured the NAGIOS monitoring system to the production server environment.
Cloud Computing: AWS (EC2, ELB, DynamoDB, S3, CFT, IAM & others)
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Ansible
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Version Control Tools: GIT, Subversion, Bitbucket
Build Tools: MAVEN, ANT
Artifactory: JFrog, Nexus
Web/App servers: Apache Tomcat, Nginix, JBoss
Languages/Scripting: Shell scripting, Ruby / knowledge on Python
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla
Operating Systems: LINUX-RHEL/CentOS/SUSE, Windows 2008/2012R2
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Extensively worked on the AWS Ec2 cloud services for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on Amazon Images like RedHat, Ubuntu and Windows.
- Managed and created Tomcat instances and deployed the test applications in EC2 instances in QA environment.
- Implemented the various services like VPC, Auto Scaling, S3, Cloud Watch, EC2.
- Worked with the different instances of EC2, AMI’s creation, managing the volumes and configuring the security groups.
- Worked with the AWS S3 services in creating the buckets and configuring them with the logging, tagging and versioning.
- Worked on the Cloud Watch to monitor the performance environment instances for operational and performance metrics during the load testing.
- Hands-on experience on Spark, RDD, Data Frames, Spark SQL and components in Hadoop Ecosystem including Hive, HBase.
- Importing and exporting data from Cassandra, AWS to HDFS and vice versa using Spark API and used Spark SQL to analyze the data
- Created the trigger points and alarms in Cloud Watch based on thresholds and monitored logs via metric filters.
- Knowledge on the Auto Scaling launch configuration and creating the groups with reusable instance templates for Automated Provisioning on demand on based on capacity requirements.
- Worked on the IAM service and creating the users & groups defining the policies and roles and Identify providers.
- Experience in architecting and configuring secure VPC through private and public networks in AWS.
- Worked on the Chef server management console and understanding on various components of nodes, chef server and workstations.
- Written different cookbooks with multiple recipes to achieve the automation for the middleware installation, deployment activities and Environment readiness.
- Automated the web application testing with Jenkins and Selenium.
- Installed and configured the code rules, keys of SonarQube for code analysis and created of Sonar Qube dash boards depends on the team roles to monitor.
- Experience in docker Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Using the docker file containers has run for the MongoDB and linking it with new container which will be the client container to access the data.
- Worked on the docker network for setting up the private network and linking it to the container when it is spin up.
- Automated the deployment and replication of containers and scale in of the containers in the fly and worked on the docker swarm for the build-in orchestration.
- Worked on open source development tools like Docker Containers,Mesosand Kubernetes.
- Deployed the built Docker image onMesosusing Marathon. Using a multi-container setup deployed onMesos
Environment: s: EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, Chef, Docker, Jenkins, Cloud Watch, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Nagios, GIT, JIRA, Shell, New Relic, Red Hat Linux.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Configured pipeline jobs in Jenkins for the technology specific Apps for the standardization of build process
- Written shell scripts and Windows commands for the automation of the build jobs
- Handled dependency management by using Enterprise Artifactory repositories
- Part of the team which worked in creating Repos and handling the enterprise Artifactory security and admin
- Worked in moving all the third-party dependencies to enterprise Artifactory for the app dependencies
- Part of the Artifactory admin team. Worked in setting up security and role based accesses to the Repositories
- Worked with App teams and configured the jobs as per the requirements
- Worked on the parameterized build jobs Gradle and Maven build jobs
- Creation of Jira projects and Confluence workspaces across different instances
- Currently working as Atlassian Systems Administrator handling JIRA, Confluence, JIRA Service Desk.
- Created custom templates for use within Confluence
- Creating different type of mail-in functionality to the Jira projects and workflows for the Jira Projects
- Coordinating and tracking all projects for seamless releases using Project Management System JIRA, Source Code Management System GitHub and Document Management System SharePoint
- Improved throughput and efficiency of build system by providing EO/managers rights to trigger required build
- Managed infrastructure resources in cloud architecture with close coordination with various functional teams
- Experience in resolving Build failures due to infrastructure issues reduced by 95% stabilizing the build process
- Worked in scripting languages Shell and Python
- Worked with different scanning plugins like SonarQube and Fortify
Environment: Linux, Java, Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins, JBOSS Application Server, GIT, JIRA, Fortify, SonarQube, Confluence, Artifactory.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a Continuous Integration system for all our products.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Performed the automation using Chef Configuration management and managed the infrastructure environment.
- Provisioned and managed Linux servers (EC2 instances) in AWS and supported DEV and TEST teams.
- Responsible for large-scale Chef implementation and maintenance, Chef Cookbook authoring, testing and implementation.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Builds and Deployments through integration of Git into Jenkins to automate the code check-out thus providing an automation solution.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Ant and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Maintained and tracked inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Worked with Docker for Portable deployment of applications as a single object versus process sandboxing.
- Took an active part by suggesting branching strategies and best practices to promote Parallel development and
- Agile development practices.
- Created bash shell scripts to support various performance and monitoring tasks.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Used jUNIT unit testing framework for Java and RSpec for ruby, for test driven development.
- Installed, configured, administered Apache Tomcat Application Servers on Linux for multiple high-profile projects.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Coordinated/assisted developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming
Environment: Jenkins, Junit, Apache, Linux, Jia, Chef, Ec2, S3, ELB, Auto Scaling
Build Release Engineer
- Build, manage, and continuously improve the build infrastructure for software development engineering teams
- Including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment
- Provided trainings to users on Subversion (SVN) and Jenkins tool management practices and other tools.
- Created Documentation for Application Deployment (WAR, JAR, EAR) in Domain and Clustered environments to achieve High Availability and Fail-over functionality.
- Installed and configured Subversion server on Linux via the Apache Web Server to provide access over the Http protocol.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involve environments like Development QA and UAT.
- Implemented & maintained the branching, merging and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion.
- Configured email and messaging notifications, managed users and permissions, and system settings by using Jenkins/Hudson
- Implemented and manipulated Shell scripts in conjunction with ANT for release and build automation to suit the requirement.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT (build.xml) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Resolved merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Disk Management, partitioning tools like fdisk, sfdisk etc. file system management ext3 file system & utilities (mke2fs, e2fsck, tune2fs) LVM physical volumes and logical volumes & volume groups extending file systems on LVM mount, unmount of file systems - /etc/fstab mount options disk quota.
- Installation and Configuration of RHEL4/5/6, Centos 5/6, Fedora.
- Implementing proper User Administration and file System Management in Linux.
- Scheduling the jobs and analyzing Cron jobs status.
- Worked with SAN team to create and manage storage using multipath, and LVM.
- Performance monitoring utilities like IOSTAT, VMSTAT, SAR and TOP
- Experience on package management via RPM, YUM.
- Experience in Networking File Sharing services - NFS, FTP and SAMBA.
- Installing and Configuration of Telnet, SSH and DHCP.
- Experience in Installation and Configuration of Apache web server.
- Experience in Monitoring & Health-Check of web and application server environments.
- Familiarity with Shell Scripting and automation.
- User administration, creating, modifying and deletion. Resetting UNIX account password.
- Installing applications on Linux flavors.
- Applying Quota limit on the file system, giving permission to user though ACL.
- Attending call' s as per the priority like P1 and P2 tickets and troubleshooting the issues.
- Resolving the network issue and resolving IP table and SE Linux issue.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes