- Experienced DevOps Engineer with 8 years of industry experience in Administration, Automation, Version control, CI/CD pipeline, Build and Release Management, Issue Tracking, Automation and Maintenance of on premises and Cloud based Applications and Services, Software Deployment to various Environments.
- Hands on experience on software development life cycle with various software development models such as Agile, Scrum and Waterfall model.
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Cloud Formation Templates to create desired application architecture (EC2, S3, VPN, RDS, ELB, EBS, SNS, SWF, IAM roles) in cloud.
- Experienced in deploying highly available and scalable AWS stacks using EC2 Auto Scaling functionality and monitoring the cloud resources with AWS Cloud watch and Cloud Trail.
- Experienced in provisioning the servers and infrastructure management in AWS cloud platform using Chef Cookbooks and Recipes.
- Good Knowledge on OpenStack services keystone, Glance, Nova, Neutron, Swift, Cinder, Heat, Ceilometer and Horizon.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created inOpenStackcloud through Ansible Play books.
- Experience in migrating on premise to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups and Creating ARM Templates for Azure Platform.
- DeployedAzureIaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Managed the AWS cost cutting by writing theAnsibleplaybook for auto start/stop of AWS resources at a time of the day by triggering it from Jenkins.
- Experience in using Docker to virtualize, run and deploy the application securely in multiple containers in Docker Swarm, and Docker Wave for Auto - Discovery.
- Continuing architectural changes to move software system offerings to a distributed, service-based architecture utilizing Docker/Kubernetestechnologies.
- Configured master elected Kubernetes scheduler and controller-manager daemons, utilizing lease-lock in the API.
- Implemented Micro services onOpenShiftbased on Docker to achieve Continuous Delivery
- Automated the procedure of provisioning and versioning of the infrastructure in Multi-cloud environment with Terraform to deploy a fault- tolerance application.
- Extensive knowledge in writing Ansible Playbooks, Modules and Roles to automate the build and deployment process. Experience in Testing Ansible Roles using Molecule.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, Data Bags, Knife, Test-Kitchen, and Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Experience in developing ChefCookbooks, Recipes, Resources, run lists, managing Chef Client nodes, and uploading cookbooks to Chef-server.
- Hands on experience with PuppetManifest files to deploy automated tasks to many servers at once and other service like Puppet DB, MCollective and Hiera.
- Integrated JIRA with Jenkins to auto update the issues during the build generation process.
- Experience in working with Jenkins and Hudson to achieve Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies for end to end automation.
- Automated various application servers such as Tomcat, JBOSS, Web Logic and WebSphere using Puppet and implemented Puppet Hiera to separate data from puppet code.
- Headed Proof-of-Concepts (POC) on Splunk implementation, mentored and guided other team members on Understanding the use case of Splunk.
- Implemented newELKcluster for enterprise logging and Maintained Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana.
- Experienced in designing and implementing fully automated server build, monitoring, and deployment solutions which can span across multiple platforms, tools and technologies include Jenkins, Nexus, GIT, Blade Logic and WebSphere.
- Experience in working with version control systems GIT, Apache SVN (subversion) and Perforce and used Gerrit for code review.
- Experienced in writing Python Scripts that can push Data from Dynamo DB to MySQL database.
- Experience in working with various build tools like ANT, Maven, and Gradle to build deployable artifacts in war and ear from the source code.
- Experience in code quality analysis and unit testing tools include Junit, Selenium and Cobertura.
- Experience in using Kickstart and Red Hat Satellite for installing, upgrading and configuring Red Hat Linux ES 4.x/5.x and administrating other windows operating systems as WindowsNT 3.51 / 4.0 / NT / 2000 / XP/Windows 7/ 2003 / 2008.
- Profound knowledge on networking protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP and DNS.
Cloud Environment: AWS, Azure, Open Stack
Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet, Chef
Automation Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Team City, Bamboo
Container Tools: Docker, LXC (Linux Containers), Kubernetes, Openshift
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradel
Continuous Monitoring Tool: Splunk, Elk, Nagios, New Relic, App Dynamics
Bug tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, Remedy, ServiceNow.
Virtualization Tech: VMware, vSphere, Oracle Virtual Box, KVM, Windows Hyper- V
Networking Protocols: DNS, DHCP, CISCO Routers/Switches, Palo alto, WAN, TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, Juniper and Cisco.
Version Control: GIT, Subversion, Perforce
Web Servers: Tomcat, APACHE 2.x, 3.x, JBOSS 4.x/5.x, Web Logic (8/9/10), Web Sphere4.0/5.0
Database: My SQL, SQL, Oracle 9I/10g/11g, DB2, No Sql (Mango DB, Dynamo DB)
Scripting: Python, Ruby, Bash/Shell Scripting, JASON, YAML, Groovy, PHP.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9/8, HP-UX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31, HPUX11i V1, V2 & V3, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows NT /2000/2003, DEBIAN, CoreOS
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. Cloud & Devops Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the Agile process.
- Automation of Designing and provisioning the infrastructure in AWS which is highly scalable and fault- tolerant using the services like VPC, EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, Rout 53, S3, SNS, SQS with Terraform.
- Worked on providing Zero Downtime Deployment of Java and Web applications to Test and Production servers usingAWSECS Clusters and ELB.
- DesignAWSCloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and databases.
- Used AWSCLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create AMIs for mission critical production servers as backup.
- Worked on MultipleAWSinstances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems
- Worked with Open Stack Neutron to provide Network-as-a-Service in Virtual Compute Environment. Used Keystone for the Authentication and High- Level Authorization.
- Worked onOpenstackapi Service Magnum for container orchestration using Docker Swarm.
- Converting production support scripts tochefrecipes. And AWS server provisioning usingChef Recipes.
- Worked on documentation -ChefBasics, Initial setup ofChef, Data bags implementation, Coding standards, Cookbook document, testing docs.
- Wrote various Playbooks usingAnsibleto provision several pre-production environments and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Working withAnsibletower to create projects, inventory file, jinja2 templates and scheduling jobs.
- Deployed various IAM Policies and Roles to AWS Users through Ansible Playbooks with the help of Boto3 Framework.
- Worked onKubernetesto manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Worked onOpenShiftto leverage integrated components from Kubernetes to automate Application builds, Deployments, scaling and health management.
- Launched Docker containers on pods on top of multi-nodeKubernetescluster inAWSenvironment with help of Kops and kubectl.
- Setup and maintainELKcluster for monitoring and analyzing the application and cloud platform.
- Worked on setting upELK(Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana) platform, parsing unstructured logs using regular expressions to be structured in JSON format.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework usingJenkins, Ansible, Maven and Nexus in Linux environment.
- Provisioned Docker Containers as slaves to the Jenkins master’s which are triggered by the pending jobs.
- HandledJiratickets for SCM Support activities.
- Worked on setting up and deployment of the build artifacts into the internalArtifactory.
- Wrote various Python Scripts in Boto3 Framework that can automate the infrastructure creation process in AWS.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions usingGITsource control.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the entire process.
- Worked with Red Hat Satellite Server to provision, maintain and upgrade the infrastructure from a single machine.
Environment: AWS, Open Stack, Terraform, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK, Nagios, Cloud Watch, Jenkins, Nexus Repository Manager, JIRA, Vagrant, Maven, GIT, Python, Shell, Bash, Apache, JBOSS, Sonar Cube, Selenium, Linux Red Hat.
Sr. DevOps& Cloud Engineer
- Responsible for application configurations, code compilation, package building, automating managing and releasing from one environment to other environment and deploying servers.
- Developed and implement Software Release Management Strategies for various applications according to Agile Methodology.
- Worked on designing and deployingAWSSolutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto-scaling groups.
- Migrating on premises infrastructure to Amazon Web Services utilizing the AWS Cloud Formation, Code Deploy, EBS, Ops works.
- Creating alarms and monitors inAWSCloudWatch service for monitoring the Servers Performance, CPU Utilization, Disk Usage etc.
- Produced comprehensive architecture strategy for environment mapping in AWS that involved Active Directory, LDAP, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Role for AWS API Gateway platform
- Defining IAM roles, S3 policies to provide access to the various resources in AWS to various Users and engaged in enabling Lambda function for dynamic creation of roles.
- Reduced the monthly billing amount drastically with various AWS Cost Optimization Techniques.
- Worked on provisioning, configuring and maintaining several Hadoop /Big data type applications that processing Petabytes of data using AWS Elastic Map Reduce, Kinesis, Red shift, S3.
- Integrated the Lambda function with Cloud Watch to optimize the run time of EC2 instance.
- Used existing cookbooks from Marketplace and customized the recipes with respect to the application needs and deployed them from Chef-DK Workstation to Chef-Server.
- Skilled in Configuring the Chef-Repo, Setup multiple ChefWork stations and Developing Cookbooks for automating deployments via Chef.
- Used Chefto manage configuration on connected server. Developed Cloud Formation script to automate the EC2 instances with JSON templates.
- Worked on Terraform for managing the infrastructure through the terminal sessions and executing scripts through the terminal.
- Installation and configuration ofELKstack (Log Management tool) in both legacy and Docker swarm mode and pipelined application logs from App Server to Elasticsearch (ELKStack) through Logstash.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all Micro services builds out to the Docker Registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Implemented Docker containers to create images of the applications and dynamically provision slaves as a part of Master-Slave Configurations to Jenkins CI/CD pipeline.
- Implemented Jenkins Blue Ocean plugin to provide a Dashboard view for the developers and it helps in locating where attention is required in Build Pipeline.
- Configured and Administrated Nexus Repository Manager to manage various Application Artifacts.
- Integrated Amazon API’s with Python Scripts to control resources and instance operations in cloud.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash, PowerShell, Python and Run deck.
- Knowledge on branching, tagging and maintain the versions across the various environments with GIT.
- Installed and configured the network servers DNS, NFS and application servers Apache, JBOSS, WebLogic Server 11gR1 Ps5.
- Involved ininstallation, configuration, tuning, security, backup, recovery, troubleshooting and upgrades of various Debian, Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu, Fedora, SUSE etc.
Environment: AWS, Terraform, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK, Nagios, Cloud Watch, Jenkins, Nexus Repository Manager, JIRA, Vagrant, Maven, GIT, Python, Shell, Bash, Apache, JBOSS, Sonar Cube, Selenium, Linux Red Hat.
Confidential, Denver, CO
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for Build, manage, and continuously improved build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Worked on Designing, configuring and deploying Microsoft Azure for a multitude application utilizing the Azure stack (Compute, Web & Mobile, Azure SQL, Arm and Cloud Services) focusing mainly on Fault Tolerance, high-availability and Auto scaling
- Migrated moderate workloads from on premise toAzurelaaS. Published web services APIs usingAzureAPI management service.
- Design and Implementation ofAzureSite Recovery in both Disaster Recovery Scenario and for migrating the workloads from On-Premise toAzure.
- Worked on Azure App Insights, Alerts and Log Analytics for Monitoring.
- Worked on Power Shell scripts to automate theAzurecloud system creation including end-to-end infrastructure, VMs, storage, firewall rules.
- Written Terraform templates that can spin up infrastructure for Multi-Tire Applications.
- Architected and designed Rapid deployment method using Ansibleto auto deploy servers as needed.
- Worked with Ansible Tower in a clustered environment to add redundancy and extra Ansible job capacity and tested various ansible roles with Molecule.
- Bundled automation content withAnsibleroles to make the content reusable and made possible advanced execution in Automation.
- Worked on installing puppet modules from Puppet-forge community pages and fine tuning the said downloaded modules to make the best use of the existing infrastructure.
- Created Puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations and performing Manifests to update puppet agent using Puppet Master.
- Worked on Hiera Data Structures and creating re-useable modules with Puppet Hiera.
- Worked on creating Docker Swarm with Docker Engine CLI to deploy cluster of Application services and scale them based on requirement.
- Enabled Auto-Discovery of the containers on various hosts by creating a virtual network with Docker Weave.
- Worked on launching a Cluster of Container through Fleet, Flannel, Etcd, on CoreOS.
- Integrated Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with GIT to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines.
- Handle customizing, maintaining, upgrading and tuning of Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Crowd, Stash, Crucible).
- Worked on utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from GIT and use Maven to Build war/jar artifacts.
- Automated the build scheduling process in Jenkins with Poll SCM. Involved in setting up the architecture of proposed environment with all the CI/CD tools.
- Used Splunk for monitor and analyze large scale machine generated data and integrated with various applications and services through API.
- Worked with Splunk authentication and permissions and having considerable experience in supporting large scale Splunkdeployments
- Developed maven Build scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of the web and J2EE applications.
- Deployed the applications to WebSphere Application Server 5.0 and static content to Apache web servers.
- Developed GIT hooks on local repository, code commit, remote repository, code push functionality, on GIT Hub.
- Configured Sonar Cube and integrated it with Jenkins for code quality analysis.
- Developed Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere, Web Application Server and for Automating Infrastructure.
Environment: Open Stack, Python, Ansible, Ansible Tower, Docker, Jenkins, Maven, Splunk, GIT hub, Kick Start, Red Hat Linux, Sonar Cube, Web Sphere, Shell, Stackify Retrace, Puppet, and Molecules.
- Designed and implemented various software release management strategies for various applications according to agile process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Monitored PaaS environment’s performance as well as troubleshooting systems.
- Worked on Continuous Integration technologies likeJenkinsand Bamboo. Designed and created various deployment strategies using CI/CD pipelines.
- Installing and configuringJenkinsmaster and slave nodes. Built CI/CD pipeline and managing the infrastructure as code using Puppet.
- Written Puppet Manifest’s to configure various VM servers and deploy applications.
- Build the whole automation environment by setting up GIT, Hudson and Puppet architecture for all environments.
- Deployed builds to different environments like DEV, QA, UAT environments by integratingJenkins and puppet.
- Integrated GIT with Bit bucket to develop a centralized online repository and create Pipelines and IP Whitelisting.
- Worked with Maven build tool to build and deployed artifacts such as JAR, WAR & EAR and integrating them with Orchestration framework.
- Configured and maintained Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with ANT.
- Done administration, maintenance, and operation of Development, Testing and Production environmentson daily basis
- Wrote scripts in Python, Ruby and Shell for automation and backup purpose.
- Created a custom Puppet module skeleton to use same structure across all Puppetmodules.
- Installed and configured numerous services such as DHCP, NFS, DNS, Apache Web Server, LDAP, SSH, FTP/SFTP, Send mail/SMTP.
- Troubleshooted several networking issues utilizing tools like traceroute/tcpdump/netstat/nmap/vmstat
- Administration of RHEL 5/6 which includes installation, configuration, testing on both physical and virtual machines.
- Worked on Hudson and Nexus to automate the release pipeline by which zero touch deployments are achieved and Installed configured and administered log analyzer tool Cloud Watch.
- Involved in setting up the architecture of proposed environments with all the CI/CD tools.
- Installed, Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
Environment: RHEL, Shell script, Pearl, DHCP, DNS, Apache, Jenkins, Nexus, ANT, Cloud Watch, Nexus, Python Scripting.
- Worked on Installation, configuration and upgrading of Red Hat 3.x, 4.x server software’s and troubleshooting the issues.
- Configuration and Management of LAMP Tech Stack (Linux, Node JS, Apache,MySQL, Tomcat, and PHP).
- Installed various patches and packages with RPM and YUM in Red Hat Linux using Patch add and PKG.
- Designed, Implemented and maintained Windows, Centos 6.x and Ubuntu systems in a mixed environment.
- Installed, configured and maintained Glassfish Application server environments.
- Installed, configured and maintained version control systems including subversion.
- Raised efficiencies by creating, maintaining and automating system administration with BASH shell scripts
- Installing and Administrating Apache Tomcat server, MySQL database in various environments.
- Improved productivity by configuring, maintaining and centralizing data on a NetApp and Network Attached Storage device in mixed environment.
- Optimized business processes by developing ASP.NET web applications to streamline & automate solutions.
- Increased return on investment by installing, configuring and maintaining Red Hat Linux 4.x, 5.x & 6.x workstations and servers.
- Worked on Grub, PXE boot, Kickstart, Packages, Yum, RPMs,LVM, Boot from SAN, file system configuration.
- Extensively worked on building and configuring Red Hat Linux with Kick Start server as required for the project.
- Installed, Applied patches/file sets, fix packs, rpm’s, YUM, security fixes, troubleshooting, and RHEL/5.x. via Big-fix (TEM).
- Proficiency in VMware installation and monitoring Virtual environments with ESXI 3.x Servers and Virtual Center 2.x.
- Worked on supporting database systems including Oracle,MySQLon Linux/Unix, and Windows environment
- Reduced downtime of engineering resources by installing and configuring Nagios to monitor public and private services on critical engineering systems.
Environment: Red Hat 3.x, 4.x, windows, centos, Glassfish, Subversion, Bash Shell Scripts, ASP.Net, Oracle11.2G, Nagios and VM ware.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Windows and Linux based operating systems such as: Windows 2008 R2, SQL Server, AD DS, DNS, DFS, DHCP, Red Hat 4.x, Ubuntu and Centos.
- Implemented systemadministration activities, policies and monitored systemperformance both at software and hardware level.
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration and file system management and RAID volume management through VERITAS Volume Manager (VXVM) and Solstice Disk Suite (Solaris Volume Manager) in Solaris and Logical Volume Manager (LVM) in Linux, AIX.
- Involved into Global routing EIGRP/OSPF/BGP solution with different Enterprise geographic location.
- Perform daily check on servers, analyzing and monitoring reports and alerts.
- Installed and configured Subversion for source code management and versioning.
- Involved in applying Patches, Installing patch bundles on HP-UX and Red hat Linux.
- Troubleshoots highly complex data network and hardware problems, researches and analyzes significant, complex network problems that require evaluation of intangibles, such as downstream effects on user's satisfaction.
- Troubleshooting various network services and protocol like TCP/IP, RIP, RIPv2, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF and Access List.
- Implemented Network File System (NFS) for file sharing and network installation.
- Adding servers to domain and managing the groups and user in Active Directory, installing send mail.
- Managing HP-UX, Compaq and Linux workstations and servers.
- Configured kick start server and updating/applying patches to the servers using Red Hat Satellite server.
Environment: Windows, Linux, Red hat, Subversion, Oracle, DB2, HP-UX, Kickstart, TCP/IP, RIP, RIPv2, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, NFS.