- Highly professional individual working as a Senior Business Systems Analyst and an expert with a proven track record of working inself - organized,cross-functional teams in delivery of high-quality solutions in IT with domain experience in Financial Sector.
- 7 years of IT experience in handling role ofBusiness Analystusing Agile and Traditional Methodology.
- Worked for different Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Waterfall, Scrum, Scrum-waterfall hybrid, Scaled-Agile Framework (SAFe), Kanban Extreme Programming, and Rational Unified Process.
- Expertise and knowledge in Risk Management, Fixed Income Securities, Derivatives, Equities, Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS), Portfolio Management, Investment Banking, Mortgages, Foreign Exchange trading.
- Understanding of General Ledger and Account Reconciliation, SOX, Dodd Frank, SEC, FINRA, BASEL Framework (1,2 and 3) and CCAR compliances used in the industries with their effects on the project.
- Experienced in performing SWOT analysis, GAP analysis to understand the AS-IS and TO-BE state of the software.
- Assisted in developing Project Management Plan (PMP), Project Charter, Cost Benefit Analysis, Feasibility Studies.
- Worked in Business Analysis, Requirements Elicitation using Joint Application Design (JAD), Document Analysis, Requirement Workshops, Interviews, Brain Storming, Focus Groups, Observation and Interface Analysis.
- Possess intricate documentation skills, ability to create Business Requirements document (BRD), Functional Specification document (FSD), Software Requirement Specification (SRS), Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Change Process Document, Burn down Charts, etc.
- Conducted Workshops for writingUser Storiesaccording to theINVEST criteria and Vertically Slicing Epics into user stories based on Business Rules, Workflow Steps, Data Types, Business Roles, Operations and Parameters.
- Participated in Scrum Ceremonies like Release Planning, Backlog grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Retrospective and experience in Prioritizing Techniques like MoSCoW, KANO and Estimating Techniques like Agile Poker, Relative Mass Valuation with the help of product owner and the development team.
- Helped with writing the Acceptance Criteria for the development team with test cases for their ATDD, BDD & TDD.
- Knowledgeable in creating UI/UX diagrams, Wireframes and Mockups for presentations to the team and PO.
- Experienced in Business Process Modeling using UML diagrams like Activity Diagram, Sequence Diagram, Class Diagram, Use-Case Diagram, Process Flow diagram which helped developers understand better.
- Experienced in Data analysis, Data mapping, Data modeling and development of Databases forBusinessApplications in Client/Server Applications and Web Applications for internal use of the company.
- Worked for Data Mapping, Data migration, Data Transformation, Data Integration and on Hortonworks Data Platform for various different scenarios using Virtual Machine, Sandbox for developing Hadoop Cluster on the fly.
- Knowledge of Dimension Modeling using different schemas like Star Schema, and Snowflake Schema in designing the Data Warehouse to define the relationship between the Fact Tables and Dimension Tables.
- Helped in designing and development of SCD (Slowly Changing Dimension) of Type1, 2 and 3 mappings.
- Expertise in the ETL process using tools such as Informatica and have knowledge in Power Center Client tools including Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager/ Workflow Monitor.
- Strong knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), 3-tier, N-tier architecture systems and HTTP Protocol.
- Assisted QA team in documenting Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts to conduct Functional Testing.
- Has participated in various activities related to Integration Testing, System Testing, GUI Testing, Performance Testing, Load Testing, Stress Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Knowledge in the use of Testing tools like HP-ALM/HP-QC, Cucumber, LoadRunner, and Bugzilla
- Experience in working Business Intelligence tools like SAP Business Objects BI, Tableau, IBM Cognos and Zeppelin.
SDLC Methodologies: Agile (SCRUM/ SAFe), Waterfall, Hybrid, Kanban
Project Management Tools: JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, MS Share Point, MS TFS,Microsoft Office
Modeling & Designing: MS Visio, CA Erwin, Rational Rose, StarUML, Balsamiq, Lucid Charts
ETL and Reporting: Informatica Power Center, SSIS, SSRS, Tableau, Power BI,MS Access, Excel
Data Modeling: Entity-Relationship, Conceptual, Logical, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Data Dimensions
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, DB2, MS SQL Server 2016,2012, MS Access
Big Data: Hadoop, Apache Spark, Splunk, Pig Latin, HDFS, HIVE, Zeppelin, HBase, Apache Sqoop, Apache Kafka, Apache Storm, Apache Flume
Testing Tools: HP ALM/QC, Swagger, SOAP UI, HP Load Runner, Cucumber, Postman
Business Skills: Process Modeling, GAP Analysis, Impact Analysis, Risk Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis, SWOT Analysis, JAD Sessions
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8/10, Mac OS X/Sierra/High Sierra/Mojave
Confidential, BROOKFIELD, WI
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Gathered Business Requirements through one to one interview and conducted detailed questionnaire sessions.
- Interacted with Project Stakeholders and Business Groups to evaluate business needs and data issues for risk and worked with the technology team to implement pragmatic solutions in a timely manner.
- Captured requirements based on Basel Advanced Internal Ratings-based approach for the sound gathering.
- Worked closely with Subject Matter Experts (SME) of all applications for different types of risk control violation.
- Arranged several conference calls and also helped in documenting and raising Jira issues for change request release.
- Responsible for Gathering SharePoint Requirements based on the user requirements and specifications also defined and documented the business processes for financial instruments which were in use.
- Translated the business needs into System Requirements, communicating with the business on a non-technical level, and with the Developers on a more technical level to help them fill the gap between IT and Business Side.
- Acquired sound knowledge of CCAR, BASEL III, Dodd-Frank Act in relation with the investment and trading activities.
- Assisted in understanding of various types of risk such as Operational Risk, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Compliance Risk, Internal Fraud Risk, Credit Risk, Counter-Party Risk, Interest-Rate Risk, Volatility Risk, Currency Risk.
- Involved with various techniques of Risk Measurement like based on duration, convexity, Value-at-risk (VAR), and Monte Carlo Simulation. Performed Feasibility Analysis and also assisted in conductiing Risk analysis.
- Partnered with vendors regarding all Mortgage Risk related concepts to Create/Enhance solutions.
- Created Use Cases for different industries for Calculation in Small Investments and Large-Scale Investments with in the period of time using their Rate of Interest in short term and long term goals.
- Documented the ongoing assessment of the Credit Risk Management processes through process flow diagrams.
- Documented "As-Is" and "To-be" process maps as part of Gap Analysis, Pareto Analysis and SWOT Analysis for new functionality requirements, and thereafter Prioritized them in order to align them with the project execution.
- Participated in High Level Infrastructure, Conceptual and Logical Architecture of the Hadoop environment review and cluster building activities which included addressing the clusters and their relevance to the system.
- Documented Security Access Control requirements for the Hadoop users with roles and groups.
- Extracted Recommendations & Proactively Assisted to Dev Team in implementation of Hadoop cluster
- Acquired knowledge and provided support for different Big Data tools including Pig, Hive, HBase, Oozie, SQOOP, Flume, Kakfa and Ambari with collaboration using the Hortonworks Distribution Platform (HDP).
- Developed UML diagrams like Use Case Diagrams, Business Flow Diagrams, Activity/State Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams so that developers and other stakeholders can understand the business process.
- Articulated UML through Use Case Document by specifying Actors, Normal flow, Sub flow, Alternative flows.
- Assisted in formation of Data Processing Pipelines in Spark to create Machine Learning models and compute financial metrics from historical data in a sixteen node Hadoop cluster.
- Worked on MS Excel spreadsheets for Data Reconciliation purpose which assisted in the database structuring.
- Used MS Visio to carry out the Business Modeling, Data Modeling, and Object modeling efforts to develop the business architecture for rapid and controlled application development.
- Performed Data Mapping like creating data element mapping and used for data integration.
- Performed SQL Queries for retrieving, organizing the database with general commands like Select and Joins.
- Worked closely with test team for User Acceptance Testing of Systems, developing and maintaining Quality Procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place.
- Developed the Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Plans based on business requirements & technical specifications.
Environment: Scrum, JIRA 7.3.0, HP Quality Center 10.0, MS Visio 2016, HDFS, Apache Flume 1.3.0, Apache Kafka 0.10.2.0, Apache Scoop, Apache Spark 2.1.0, Splunk, Map reduce 2.0, HIVE 2.1.1,MS Project 2016, MS Office 2016, Mock-up Screens 4.9.7, Load Runner 12.53, Bugzilla 5.0.3, Tableau 10.0, Confluence 6.0, Hadoop, Windows 10, Java, Bloomberg.
Confidential, DOVER, NH
Business Systems Analyst
- Act as a Primary Liaison between business and technical persons for implementing sound solution.
- Gathered Business requirements and broke them into Functional and Non-Functional requirements by conducting User Interviews and other elicitations for an explicit understanding to build user guides, eLearning and content.
- Worked with a Cross Functional and diverse team of business users and developers to enable accurate communication of requirements and ensured that the entire team comes to a consensus regarding the project.
- Analyzed and identified Business Rules for Risk Identification, Assessment and Key Performance Indicator.
- Used Microsoft TFS (Team Foundation Server) for Business Processes, Requirement Gathering, Test Cases, and Defect Management, Maintaining the Product Backlog and Board Settings with the help of PO.
- Collaborated with Basel team on Credit Risk Analysis for effective resolution on various different issues.
- Implemented Recommendations from Basel Committee on IT programs for Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Market Risk in line with Basel II. Also took part in active discussion about the topics involved.
- Planned and managed Counterparty Credit Risk Technology and Process Improvement.
- Collaborated with other Business Analysts in Performing Feasibility and Complexity Analysis, to identify technically feasible functionalities and determine the Level of Effort (LOE) needed to build each of them.
- Collaborated with product owners to Write Up and Prioritize documents like User Stories for product backlogs.
- Prepared Business Process Models that includes modeling of all the activities of business from Conceptual to Procedural Level. Followed top down technique for building Business Process Models.
- Designed the Data Retention Standards and framed the standards for handling secure personal information of the customers residing on Data Lake and also constructed ER Diagrams to distinguish the relationships between entities.
- Provided technical assistance during the Extract Transform Load (ETL) development process using technologies using Informatica and assisted in Source to Target Data Mapping and making the documents.
- Elicited all the source applications for Big Data (Hadoop) Lake. In addition also interviewed the app Owners/SMEs to extract the business requirements including the business rules according to the technicalities of the matter.
- Extracted the Business Rules & Acceptance Criteria needed for data parsing and conversion into JSON format prior to ingestion in HIVE and documented REST API using Swagger and did the testing through Postman.
- Responsible for creating UML Modeling Plans, Use Cases, Process Flows, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Wire Frames and Object Oriented Designing (OOD) using MS Visio.
- Support Quality Assurance team in Test Planning, Test Strategies, Test Scripting and Test Execution.
- Involved in all phases of Defect Life Cycle from Logging Defects to Bugs Fixes and Stable Release.
- Assisted client in Developing Content and Training Materials; recommended enhancements and identified new business requirements.
Environment: Scrum, HP Quality Center 10.0, MS Visio 2016, HBase, Apache Flume 1.2.0, Apache Kafka 0.10.0.0, Apache Storm 1.0.1, Map reduce 2.0, MS Project 2016, MS Office 2016, Lucid Charts, StarUML, Load Runner 12.50, Bugzilla, SAP Business Objects BI 4.2 Support Package 3, SharePoint, MS TFS.
Confidential, STAMFORD, CT
- Assisted in the development of and Functional Requirements Document (FRD) resulting from JAD sessions and translated requirements to development teams.
- Authored Business Requirements Document (BRD) with the business users and Participated in session with different work streams and technology teams and gathered requirements and verified it.
- Assisted the PM in developing Use Cases and project plans and also managed changes to the scope of the project.
- Helped the Project Manager in creating the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for the project.
- Assisted Lead BA/Manager in scheduling meeting, budgeting, resource allocation, deadlines and maintaining a project schedule using MS Project. Involved in reporting the scheduling and writing the plan of the project.
- Interacted with theBusinessOwners, End Users and SMEs along with Risk Managers and Project Architects, to gather client specificbusinessrequirements and translate them in variousartifacts for the technical team.
- Expertise in interaction with the business users to gather requirements based on the CCAR Regulation for Financial Statements, Interest Rate, Credit Ratings and Investment Securities.
- Performed Risk Analysis to identify the project critical success factors and prioritize requirements.
- IdentifiedFinancialPerformance Trends and assisted in developing recommendations for improvement.
- Analyzed reports for Management regarding day-to-day engagements with clients.
- Assisted in designing and developing Use Cases, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using StarUML.
- Created Mockups and Wireframes for better understanding of the GUI.
- Performed Data Validation testing for accuracy of the data by creating/executing the SQL statements against the database table to the Graphical User Interface (GUI) data.
- Analyzed the Databases of the various teams by using SQL Queries and performed Data Mapping.
- Performed API technical writing and documented XML and JSON request and responses using Postman.
- Examined, analyzed and modeled Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Procedures and Use Case Scenarios.
- Used Test Director to coordinate and manage the test plans, test scripts, testing resources, pass vs. fail cases and the entire testing process and assisted QA team in UAT testing.
Environment: Waterfall, SharePoint, Microsoft Project 2013, Microsoft office 2013, SQL Server 2013, SSRS,, Star UML, Test Director.
Junior Business Analyst
- Responsible for creating and reviewing Business Rules, Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, Project Schedules, Work Breakdown Structure and Requirements Traceability Matrix related to the project.
- Designed high level ETL Architecture for overall data transfer from the source server to the Enterprise Warehouse which encompasses server name, entity name, direction of data flow, Column Mapping and Data Dictionary.
- Involved in Data Mapping specifications to create and execute detailed system test plans. The data mapping specifies what data will be extracted from an internal data warehouse, transformed and sent to an external entity.
- Analyzed various resource files being used to generate the report and documented data mapping and data source interface documents to assist the development team during the development phase.
- Created Master-Child packages as an ETL Strategy to populate Dimensions and Facts.
- Assisted in developing OLAP cubes and performed Roll up, Drill down, Slice and Dice operations. Also designed conceptual and logical data models.Followed 2NF/3NF standards to create database.
- Responsible for transforming data from OLTP to OLAP data sources and identified the target sources using SSIS.
- Assisted with Product Evaluation, Product Customization and System Integration.
- Performed DML, DCL and DDL SQL queries for validating the data and constructing the Data Warehouse.
- Used SOAP web services to interact with different applications and machines internally and externally.
- Supported testing, Test Cases in HP Quality Center that which tested various Test scenarios
- Created RTM Artifact to make sure all the requirements are covered with respective test cases & helped UAT team.
- Performed UAT on business requirements, technical specifications, and product knowledge.
- Helped in designing Proof of Concept (POC) to identify baseline, adverse, and serve scenarios.
Environment: Waterfall, MS SQL Server 2012, Integration Services SSIS, MS Excel, MS Word, Visual Studio, Microsoft Power Point, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, Rational requisite pro, Tableau
Confidential, AHMEDABAD, IN
- Installed, Configured, Designed, Created, Managed Security and Maintained Customized Database on SQL server 2005/2008.
- Responsible for Designing, Implementing and Communicating Database Solutions that meets client requirements.
- Implemented a SQL purging process for Old data system as per business requirement for the new migration.
- Involved Troubleshooting and Resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, Connectivity issues and Security issues etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that production SLAs are met, upgrades are delivered without disruption of business in case of any failures.
- Monitored the Data Files, Log File Space Issues, Blockings, Tempdb Space Issues and Disk Space Issues.
- Applied Data Fixing Actions into production as necessary and completed data-related tickets rose in production.
- Involved in designing, developing, debugging and testing of reports in SQL Server reporting services (SSRS)
- Provided monthly metrics regarding database usage and Contributed to Technical Documentation.
- Provided 24/7 support by actively monitoring the job history, alerts.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, Windows XP, Server, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Profiler, SQL Server Tuning Advisor.