- Experienced Security Consultant with 6+ years of IT experience with a focus on designing and developing security solutions.
- Skilled & technically proficient with multiple firewall solutions, network security, and information security practices.
- Manage SOX and PCI compliance program, controls and remediation efforts
- Utilized Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Intrusion Detection & Prevention (IDS / IPS), Data Leakage Prevention (DLP), forensics, sniffers and malware analysis tools.
- Advanced Knowledge in IPSEC VPN design connection and protocols, IPSEC tunnel configuration, encryption and integrity protocols.
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection, DMZ, encryption, IPsec, proxy services, Site to Site VPN tunnels, MPLS/VPN, SSL/VPN
- Trouble shoot various appliances on the SIEM platform via various Linux commands and Knowledge of capacity planning and Linux performance.
- Worked on Bluecoat proxy to analyze and scan malwares to protect the infrastructure
- Configuration and maintenance of SIM/SIEMS tool - QRadar, Splunk &Arcsight
- Onboard new log sources with log analysis and parsing to enable SIEM correlation.
- Implemented multiple tools including Symantec DLP, and QRadar SIEM
- Implementation and Management for Qradar SIEM and Sourcefire IDS
- Establish roadmaps for implementing policies and standards to align with COBIT Managed Security
- Expertise in Gathering and analyzing metrics, key risk indicators and maintain scorecards defined within the area of information security to ensure our information security program is performing effectively and efficiently. Familiar with general security risk management principals and best practices.
- Supported the information security audit and third-party assessment initiatives during planning, execution, and remediation phases, as well as coordinating and tracking remediation activities.
- Full knowledge ofvulnerabilitymanagement
- Worked on files integrity monitoring continuously tracks changes to file and identifies who made changes to which files using McAfee control.
- Strong knowledge of PKI concepts, patterns and practices
- Lead the definition and implementation of POCs around PKI and other certificate related technologies
- Performed routine network startup and shutdown procedures, data backups, and disaster recovery operations on secured and unsecured networks,
- Monitored security aspects of various operating systems (UNIX, LINUX, MS Windows, Netware) commercial, freeware, and government-owned security tools and firewalls.
- Experience analyzingMcAfeeDLP events and reports
- Experience with McAfee global threat Intelligence and McAfee threat Intelligence Exchange to provide global and local reputation of files and applications.
- Liaison between the audit/assessment teams and Information Security management.
- Familiar with threats and vulnerabilities, latest trends and risks and be able to understand the technical remediation action steps or plans and communicate them effectively to teams within the organization
- Managed policy exceptions with Business Unit requestors and coordinate the annual exception review process.
- Configured scripts to run and pull backups of Firewall configurations
- Worked directly with various teams to document exceptions, identify compensating controls, and remediation action plans accordingly.
- Support security compliance initiatives and assessments including responses to client security organization audits, questionnaires.
- Experience working on Linux, Centos, shell scripting (VIM, VI, nano).
- Provided process improvement suggestions for more effective management and review of exceptions.
- General knowledge in the areas of IT management, acquisition and maintenance of systems, system operations and Information security control activity.
- Experienced in the design and deployment of Palo Alto, SourceFire, Checkpoint Firewalls & Blue Coat Proxy
- Knowledge in planning, design, implementing and troubleshooting, complex networks and advanced technologies.
- Been a focal contact for departments client Policies and Standards based Audit for ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Standard.
- Used per defined scripts as well as customscriptto administer Windows 2008 server using power shell.
- Experienced in design, installation configuration, Administration and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN infrastructure and security using Cisco routers/Switches/firewalls.
- Monitored and researched Cyber Threats with a direct & indirect impact to the organization internally.
- Assisted in Symantec HIDS/NIDS Setup using HPSA implementation and provided status reports.
- Experience in Security Information and Event Management Tools like IBM QRadar, Splunk and RSA Archer.
- Understand PKI and SSL key management
- Advanced knowledge in Cisco Switches and Routers Configurations.
- Advanced knowledge in TCP/IP suite and routing protocols, such as OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP.
- Conduction of Security Awareness and Network training for NOC and SOC staffs.
- Drafted and installed Checkpoint Firewall rules and policies.
- Experienced in conducting Disaster Recovery drills and following best practices for network operations and security.
- Expertise skillset includes solutions for clients in the financial, retails, chemical & technology services domain.
- Extensive experience in balancing Information Security requirements by having a broader perspective on the business process of security administration.
- Hands on skills include end-to-end security management (security aspects in all stages of product development) and end-to-end product development (from functional design of the system to testing and deployment).
Platforms/ApplicationsQualys Continuous Monitoring: Vulnerability Management, Web Application Scanning, Threat Protect, Policy Compliance, Cloud Agents and Asset Management
Event Management: RSA Archer, Blue Coat Proxy, Norse, Splunk, NTT Security, LogRhythmPenTest Tools Metasploit, NMAP, Wireshark and Khali
Frameworks: NIST SP 800-171, ISO 27001/31000 , HIPPA, HITRUST CSF, PCI DSS
Security Intelligence: WhiteHat Web Security, iDefence, NTT Security, LogRhythm.
Switches: Cisco Catalyst VSS 1440 / 6513 / 6509 / 4900 / 3750- X / 2960
Routers: Cisco Routers ASR 1002 / 7606 / 7304 / 7206 / 3945 / 2951 / 2600
Firewalls: Check Point, ISA 2004/2006, Palo Alto PA 3000/5000
Routing: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, RIP-2, PBR, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization, Static Routing
Switching: VLAN, VTP, STP, PVST+, RPVST+, Inter VLAN routing & Multi-Layer Switching, Multicast operations, Layer 3 Switches, Ether channels, Transparent Bridging
Protocols: TCP/IP, L2TP, PPTP, IPSEC, IKE, SSL, SSH, UDP, DHCP, DNS
Nexus: Nexus 7010 / 5548 UP / 5020 / 2232 PP / 2248 TP / 1000
VUCS: Fabric Interconnect 6248/6120, IOM 2208/2204/2104 , B200 M2, HP VC FLEX-10
ANS: F5 BIG-IP LTM 6900/6400, Array APV 5200/2600/TMX 5000, Cisco CSM, CSS
VPN: ASA 5520, Cisco Concentrator 3030, Nortel Contivity Extranet 1500
NMS: NAM, Sniffer, Solarwinds NPM, Cisco Secure ACS 5.2, CiscoWorks
Operating Systems: Windows, NT, Windows 98/XP/ 2000/2003/2007 , MS-DOS, Linux.
Networking: Conversant in LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, DNS, WINS, DHCP, TCP/IP, ISCSI, Fiber, Firewalls/IPS/IDSHardware: Dell, HP, CISCO, IBM, SUN, CheckPoint, SonicWall, Barracuda Appliances, SOPHOS email appliances.
Sr. IT Security Analyst
- Worked Extensively on Symantec End point and Microsoft System Center endpoint protection (SCEP) Platforms.
- Deploying custom policies and generated reports within dashboard.
- Administration and maintenance of Antivirus systems Symantec Endpoint protection manager.
- Created a Windows 2008 VM server to house Symantec endpoint protection manager and migrated windows server 2003/2008 clients from Symantec antivirus to Symantec endpoint protection.
- Performed Patch Management utilizing Microsoft Server Management Server.
- Performed Secure Network Architecture review for New Branch office and upcoming Vendor/Client's network.
- Performed vulnerability assessment for Web Application & Network and leads to be closing of all the findings.
- Identifies newsecuritythreats by conducting penetration testing, log analysis and vulnerability assessments; evaluates and recommends on procedures used to mitigate risks.
- PerformedSecurityConfiguration audits for various network devices firewall and servers.
- Wirelesssecuritytesting for clients (Project Related Task)
- Securing wireless network using modernsecurity.
- Performed vulnerability assessment for various network devices, server, system & databases.
- Identify new threats, supports and reports mitigation actions.
- Build an automated vulnerability Assessment process to minimize manual efforts.
- Created and configured management reports and dashboards using Splunk
- Define cloud network architecture using Azure virtual networks, VPN and express route to establish connectivity between premise and cloud.
- Monitor compliance and ensure enforcement with all SOX, PCI, DSS, and NIST requirements as applicable to the organization.
- Experience in SharePoint solutions using SharePoint server
- Administered the SSL certification deployments and PKI infrastructure.
- Experience in power shell, back up and restoration of share point lists.
- Assist with cross-functional project and operational issues that are complex or difficult to resolve.
- Determine root cause and develop resolution.
- Troubleshooting tickets for Bluecoat environments using Remedy.
- Palo Alto firewalls are architected to safely enable applications and prevent modern threats.
- Palo Alto installation, configuration, administration, monitoring and implementing the policies.
- Support for Bluecoat proxy appliances and Juniper Secure access.
- Configured VPN routers for remote sites access with correctsecuritypolicies.
- Configuring/Troubleshoot issues with the following types of routers Cisco (7200, 6500, 4500, 1700, 2600 and 3500 series), to include: bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet, NAT, and DHCP.
- Configured access layer switches in the Cisco ISE lab for implementation testing.
- Generatedsecurityreports on findings on the identification of vulnerabilities and offered remediation procedures to the client and educated clients on best practice methodologies to harden their systems and minimize future attacks.
- Tasked with Implementation, Troubleshooting, and Tuning Sourcefire Cisco Firepower Intrusion Prevention System (IPS).
- Revalidation of the vulnerability for false positive.
- Presentation for the final report
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Information Security Specialist
- Responsible for the Governance, Risk, and Compliance solution for all security operations, risk assessment, and cyber risk register procedure.
- Responsible for the administration, management and upgrade of modules for the Archer eGRC tool.
- Used COTS security tools, managed data feeds, and integration to manage risk for network security posture.
- Created custom and cloned applications for 6 modules in the Archer eGRC tool suite for audit, compliance, incident response and policy management.
- Verified compliance with information security requirements derived from organizational missions/ business functions, federal legislation, directives, regulations, policies, and standards/guidelines.
- Monitored sources of security intelligence, drafted security event notifications to be distributed to agencies, stake holders and business partners, to distribute notifications to the appropriate groups.
- Conducted Tenable Nessus, Burp Smart and IBM Appscan vulnerability scanning for all endpoints, servers, and web applications.
- Ensures knowledge and control of changes to organizational systems and environments of operation; and maintains awareness of threats and vulnerabilities.
- Interpreting scan results, validating test scans, and work with developers to identify code changes required to address vulnerabilities identified by the tests.
- Conducted analysis, and disseminated scan results to senior management and provided patch management recommendations.
- Written cyber security risk policies, procedures and work instructions.
Cyber security Analyst
- Served as the main point of contact for over 100 employees regarding IT. Responsible for IT efforts from start to completion, including projects, overhauls, implementations, and network upgrades.
- Established entire Endpoint Protection (antivirus) implementation to include Symantec SEP, Cloud management and critical systems protection.
- Revampedsecuritystandards to include a changeover to a more robust firewall and Intrusion protection/prevention implementation.
- Restructured Active Directory to reflect best practices forsecuritygroups and need-to-know access to certain areas and documents within the company
- Developed and suggested security standards for Windows security Audits.
- Created procedures and guidelines in performing vulnerability assessments.
- Provide training to freshers on Information security policies and conduct awareness sessions to other departments in the organization.
- Evaluate emerging technologies that might enhance the overall security posture of the organization while ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Experienced on service delivery, managing project requirement, customer relationship, allocating work, conducting status meetings and customer reviews, technical support and system administration.
- Provided security assessment/approval for all internal projects; performed security assessments for production/testing/development environments
IT Security Analyst
- Coordinate and manage team activities during assessment engagements.
- Troubleshot LAN related issue of Enterprise Customers in terms of switching and connectivity.
- Provided support for BGP configuration related issues for customers.
- Optimized the network with Traffic Switch Over techniques.
- Configured and troubleshooting DHCP issues on Switches.
- Created of Network diagrams on Visio.
- Install and configure the Qradar SIEM including all its components, local & or remote log collectors.
- Worked on SIEM tool Qradar for reporting and data aggregation
- Used SIEM tool Qradar on adding the newly build windows and Linux log servers and creating policies for different alerts
- Security Audit, Budget Violation, Operational Violation, Best practice check in client AWS environment.
- Cisco Routers, Switches IOS upgrades with latest IOS (12.X till 15, x) version as per company standards.
- Coordinated with Network Administrator regarding BGP/OSPF/EIGRP routing policies and designs, worked on implementation strategies for the expansion of MPLS VPN networks.
- Troubleshooting the Network Routing protocols (BGP, MPLS EIGRP and RIP) during the Migrations and new client connections
- Participate in meetings to discuss system boundaries for new or updated systems to help determine information types for categorization purposes. Determine the classification of information systems to aid in selecting appropriate controls for protecting the system.