- Successfully completed and in possession of IT professional roles with Banking, Government, Financial and Private sector companies.
- Participated in customer - facing and internal projects, assisting or leading the technical engineering and operationalization of cloud solutions
- Architected, engineered, and implemented partial and/or complete cloud/DevOps solutions using modern configuration management tools and practices (e.g., Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins)
- Built technical solutions in large and complex IT environments with sophisticated counter parts.
- Performed analysis and capacity planning for application onboarding on various clouds, hypervisors, and containerized environments.
- Deployed large scale complex IT infrastructure with automated process and provided support on demand as needed.
- Assisted and/or implement a customer’s regular change requests and escalated to the vendor support, when required, to ensure SLAs are met
- Troubleshoot performance, redundancy, configuration, and application incidents to resolution.
- Cross-trained and documented new solutions, tools, and practices to team members, to the operations team, and other groups.
- Reported current project status and discuss technical ideas to management.
- Contributed to planning efforts for disaster recovery, capacity expansion and component upgrading.
- Always followed the latest industry trends, practices, and ideas through training, certifications, conferences, and research.
- Managed team of technical experts and delivered executable before deadlines.
DevOps tools: Ansible, BitBucket, Jira, Bamboo, Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus, Confluence.
Public Cloud: Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure.
Private Cloud: Red Hat Open Stack, Apache Cloud Stack, VMWare VCloud, Office365.
Server Virtualization: XenServer, KVM, VMWARE.
Desktop/Application: Virtualization XenDesktop/XenApp.
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm.
Administration: Windows, Linux, and Network.
Middleware Applications: WebSphere Application Server, Jboss and SAP HANA.
Databases: MySQL, DB2, Oracle, MS-SQL.
Ticketing Tools: Remedy, Maximo, SalesForce, and Siebel.
- Worked with customer product teams, advocated development styles, testing principles, software methodologies and team structures to support the delivery of software using Agile.
- Integrated solutions with internal practices in Infrastructure, Development, Testing and Application Management to underpin and promote DevOps principles and culture.
- Supported other customer functions such as compliance and Information Security in the adoption of Continuous Deployment/Continuous Delivery.
- Documented process and controlled change in environments up to and including Production.
- Applied Software Delivery Life Cycle principles and did pre-empt and evolved dependencies along a delivery pipeline (from ‘requirements’ through to ‘defects’).
- Have proven track record of design and accurate solutions estimations (including areas such as scalability, performance, availability, reliability and security) in the following technology areas such as Development styles, Compatible versioning and branching strategies, Automated testing practices and principles, Automation and Configuration management with Cloud consumption and economics.
- Implemented solutions with Micro-Services, SOA principles and surrounding technologies (such as containers; especially Kubernetes and Docker).
- Built automation and application delivery with Software build tools (Maven, Nodejs), artifact repository managers (e.g. Nexus, Artifactory), packaging tools (RPMs, MSI), software versioning tools including GIT, Subversion and programming with yaml, json, python, bash etc.
- Implemented strategic and reliable cloud solutions with internal and public cloud solution such as AWS, Azure, Open stack.
- Supported and lead architectural decisions and tasks within a product line or across multiple product lines (cross-portfolio).
- Performed capacity (including trending) and implementation design planning for all data center technical components (e.g. servers, storage, network, devops tools, cloud, automation).
- Provided technical solutions for cloud infrastructure and enterprise applications, providing high-level and detailed designs per need.
- Analyzed performance and SLA needs and recommending performance/architecture/capacity enhancements
- Applied cost-effective design guidelines within the technical solution to meet business requirements
- Works with the software engineering teams to establish best practice guidelines.
- Experience on multi cloud platform Azure/GCP/AWS and multi technology applications based on java, nodejs, react and full stack.
- Designed and implemented automated infrastructure with packer/terraform/cloud formation.
- Reviewed technical designs and provided guidance to software engineers on technical and architectural design decisions.
- Obtained a good understanding of the customer context while making technical decisions and choices. Interacted effectively with customers as required.
- Provided the development or support team with inputs and requirements related to the technical aspects of the solution/product.
- Worked independently with clients to design, configure, and managed a DevOps based IT management environment using Private/Public Cloud, Virtualization, Containerization, Agile Application Lifecycle Management.
- Designed and Implemented Agile Application Automation Lifecycle Solutions including continuous integration, test driven development, and acceptance test driven development, continuous deployment
- Designed and implemented Containerization and cloud-based architectures, leveraged agile development techniques for scripting, and did set up developers so that they can “run what they build”
- Created new pipelines and increased the reliability of existing Continuous Integration pipelines with Jenkins/Bamboo
- Optimized pipelines to ensure scalability and improve pipeline speed while playing an active role in the stability of these pipelines
- Contributed towards improving and optimising automated Continuous Integration & Deployment pipelines by actively participating in DevOps initiatives to help automate current manual and repetitive processes/tasks
- Automated existing processes for build, deployment, test, static analysis, etc. of applications and services
- Deployed/Managed source code accessibility and user delagation with Git, SVN, VSTS.
- Dockerizing applications by building containers and bundling them together to create containerized services
- Coached and mentored junior team members to improve the overall automation engineering skillsets
- Continuously looked for improvements to enhance our software delivery process and software engineering practices, and finding efficiencies to help increase the productivity of the team
- Ensured a high level of customer service is maintained to stakeholders while addressing critical requests
DevOps & Middleware Specialist
- Large-scale, secure, and high availability solutions in Cloud environment such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud
- Cloud deployment templating using offerings such as ARM, Cloud Formation, Google Deployment Manager, and/or Terraform
- In depth understanding of security principals and other associated cloud controls
- Scripted tasks with multiple languages such as bash, yaml, python etc
- Deployed automated configuration management technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies, processes and tools, such as Atlassian Bamboo, Jenkins, CodeRefresh etc
- Managed and configured logging & event management tools such as Splunk, ELK Stack, Nagios etc
- Performed backup & recovery procedures and technologies with data storage and retention requirements
- Prepared and presented technical material to a variety of audiences
- Worked with modern technologies, using modern approaches and methodologies.
- Worked in and with Agile delivery teams / projects / programs
Senior Development Operations Analyst
- Work closely with project managers and build developers for confirming build deploy dates though automation.
- Automated infrastructure build and deployment for linux based systems with Ansible tower and DevOps tools like Artifactory, BitBucket(Git), Bamboo, Jenkins.
- Building Inventory, projects and job templates in Ansible tower for deployment purposes and write ansible playbooks as per requirement.
- Monitor the Code migration from Development-Test-Staging-Production environment.
- Promoted DevOps as a strategy for regular activities and documenting procedures through internal Wiki/Confluence.
- Generating reports for teams and individuals for time tracking and work efficiency purposes.
- Coordinate with the Business units and the Stakeholders for the Business Requirement.
- Coordinate with the IT security Department and implemented the suggestions given by IT Security department for the DevOps best practices and end user communicating software.
- Arrange meetings with vendors, developers and end users for proficient work analysis and important issues.
- System alerting management with monitoring tools such as Nagios, AppDynamics, SolarWinds.
- Management of multiple projects with appropriate and timely delivery of builds and deployments.
- Managed and automated Application servers(Jboss,WebSphere) and code deployments.
- Lead and manage team of system administrators, developers, database administrators and devops engineers in both onshore and offshore as well.
Senior Systems Analyst
- Source code management with BitBucket(Git)/SVN and created pipelines for automated deployment after code merge
- Coordinating with developers for deployment of new releases and performing dry run’s
- Performing dev-ops tasks as required by maintaining scripts and updating codes and DB’s as required
- Server support, analysis and deployment of development and production environment for technology and operations department
- Deploying and patching assistance provided for new releases of middleware software WebSphere and Jboss-AS
- Analyzing security vulnerabilities, new updates to the OS, and bug fixes in the environment and performing patching for environment enhanced and secured performance with BladeLogic as a tool
- Troubleshooting daily issues with resolution and root cause analysis for minimizing future errors
- Supporting multi OS(Linux - Ubuntu, Cent-Os, Debian and Suse, Windows - 2008, 2012) and hypervisor environment with large scale of production and development servers
- Maintenance of VM’s from internal Red Hat Openstack private cloud and Office365
Senior System Administrator
- Infrastructure as a service(IAAS) management with private clouds (Apache Cloud stack, OpenStack, Vcloud ) and public clouds(Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure), Office365.
- Provided configuration and deployment support for DevOps and Automation tools such as git, svn.
- Used Chef/Ansible for Automated Infrastructure built and Services deployment with Linux based systems.
- scripted in house applications with sh, bash, sed, awk, NodeJs and regular expressions.
- Monitoring of Infrastructure with Nagios and SNMP based tools.
- Enterprise Storage(SAN) Management with Dell EqualLogic, Solid Fire and NetApp.
- Patch Management of VM’s with different Operating systems(Linux and Windows), Storage Arrays, and Underlying Hypervisors(XenServer, VMware), Database(Mysql, DB2, MS-Sql etc.) and firmware updates.
- Application and Desktop Management with XenApp, WebSphere and XenDesktop.
- Linux performance tuning as per requirement of services and troubleshooting.
- Log analysis and root cause finding in case of crash or degraded performance of Servers(Windows, Linux) and Hypervisors.
- Documentation of issues and deployment details of the architecture.
- Working with Vendors(Red Hat, Citrix, Microsoft, Dell. etc) in case of Escalated issue solving and root cause Analysis. And version control management with Jenkins, GIT, NodeJs.
Senior Systems Consultant
- Consolidated and articulated information into a logical view or detailed design document which provides a single source describing the multiple architecture and design elements of a proposed Virtualization and Cloud solution with VMware(vCloud, ESXi ), Citrix (Cloud Stack, XenServer), Office365.
- Implementation of Desktop and Application virtualization solution with Citrix XenDesktop 5.6, 7.0, 7.5. XenApp 6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 7.6. Provisioning VM’s with PVS(Provisioning Services) 6.1.
- Document and rectify issues encountered within customer environments, including the Hypervisor, Virtual Desktop Agents, Citrix Receiver, Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, AD Domain and Citrix XenServer.
- Database deployment and management with my MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL, DB2 and Mongo DB.
- Managing, maintaining and Deployment of Windows, Linux O/S’s on cloud, Hypervisors and as well as physical.
- Patch management of servers with shavlik tool and installation of shavlik agent on client machines.
- Cloud storage management with LUN allocation to Hypervisor’s from NAS, ISCSI(Hardware and software) and SAN based storages(EMC, NETAPP, DELL, NIMBUS). Storage level snapshot management for LUN’s provisioned. A backup solution with EMC Avamar for VM’s on Hypervisors as well as Physical hosts.
- Designed and implemented a new Active Directory infrastructure and likewise utility configuration for Linux hosts for Centralized Authentication from AD.
- Deployment and configuration of WebSphere Application Server, Jboss, NodeJs and SAP HANA on Red hat Linux.
- Supported for initial DevOps tools integration and new deployment in existing environments.
- Onboarded hosts to devops configuration management server for automated configuration and deployment.
Technical Support Engineer
- Install, Configure, administer and troubleshoot XenServer 5.5, XenServer 5.6, XenServer 5.6fp1, XenServer 5.6sp2, XenServer 6.0, XenServer 6.0.2, XenServer 6.1 and XenServer 6.2 pool/farms of various scales.
- Troubleshoot XenServer related complex technical issues raised by Citrix customers worldwide with pools varying from small scale to enterprise level.
- Working on mixed environment issues consisting of XenApp, XenDesktop, XenServer, Provisioning Services and various other Citrix product issues and collaborate internally and resolved complex issues.
- Managing and troubleshooting issues related to Virtual Infrastructure (Over 1000+ Virtual Slices) .
- Troubleshooting AD authentication issues on XenServer.
- Perform 1st & 2nd level of troubleshooting for storage, networking and assisting in initial configuration for optimum working.
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of storages with NetApp, EMC(VNX), Dell, Red Hat Storage.
- Architect the server and storage infrastructure based on business requirements and standards.
- Created Users, OUs, Groups, Computers, Printers, Servers using Administrative Consoles, Windows Power Shell and other command line utilities/switches.
- Linux scripting with Bash for regulatory work on daily basis needs and Automation.
- 24/7 production support. Administered 1000+ mixed servers- Solaris, HP UX, AIX and Linux. Resolved issues for incident and problem tickets and follow up with root cause analysis and permanent corrective actions.
- Assisted SAN Engineers on storage/networking requirements. Wrote scripts to verify SAN connectivity and multipath/failover functionality.
- Construct & install software environments from a clean machine all the way up to our application layer mainly installing OS, drivers, runtime libraries, database, web server etc.
- Installation and configuration of different operating systems. (Red Hat Linux, Windows, SUSE Linux)
- Remote Administration through VNC (Virtual Network Computing), SSH (Secure Shell), TELNET, RDP, DELL DRAC, HP ILO.
- Configuring and maintenance of APACHE, DHCP, SAMBA, NFS, NIS, DNS, SQUID servers.
- Experience with SMTP, IMAP, POP3, MAPI protocols for mail Server configuration.
- Configuring hardware and software RAID, LVM and Quota Management.
- Configuration of mail client (Outlook Express & MS Outlook) and scheduling jobs through CROND.
- LDAP & NIS Client configuration and troubleshooting.
- User management and ACL (Access Control List).